twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BEST GEM

FIRST FOR BELIEVE IN STEVEN

>implying the episode wasn't meh

daily reminder that Rose is evil and Steven is a weapon

Daily reminder she did nothing wrong and deserves so much more

woolie at it again

We're back, bbay!

About Lapis' backstory... It conflicts with A LOT of Lapis's previous interactions.

>When she is freed, she asks the CGs "do you have any idea who I used to be?"
Why would they if she arrived late and was poofed early?
>Jasper also says "they kept you prisoner, they used you".
In Lapis' story, homeworld did all the using. The only actual CG that was present was Pearl, and it was more of a cameo.

Or is Lapis just a lying blue ho?

Who are you quoting?

>France releases added
Thanks OP you earned some respect.

So "Barn Mates" and "Hit the Diamond" are airing early in france this weekend?

Woolie the gem stole my waifu!

We need more dreadlock gem
Too bad she's probably in the cluster now.

So who will be worst roommate?

gems erode so they dont really last forever

You dumb fuck put this in the description about the french leaks otherwise all the comments will be WHERE MUH LEAKS
kat.cr/user/misseps/

Woolie stopped her before she could flood the world for construction purposes.

reminder that peridot is a paedophile

pretty cool to see
people going all over the place with this gems design

Hooray for Lapis!

BEST

Episode was shit, she didn't lay any eggs.

Bruuuh
What in the fuck?
Is this just plot holes again or did the crew meant for her to be lying to all hell?

>Peridot fixes the hole in the barn at the start of Hit the Diamond
>Only for the Rubies to burn it down at the end of the episode
Post yfw

Pretty sure Lapis played up the CG's role because 1. it gave her a scapegoat opportunity to claim loyalty 2. recent events (JUST fighting the CGs in Ocean Gem)

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could, it'd all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad

Wish he could be happy like her

classic

Your reaction when Bismuth is huge, but acts super girlie whenever she isn't killing?

>the flash before the explosion went off was blue, white, and yellow
Did the Diamonds just go all fucking Frieza on Earth?

Didn't Sucrose say Lapis was good at emotional manipulation?

So why didn't Steven showed Lapis the Lunar Sea Spire to make her live there? (The temple that Steven drowned)

She could have been an aristocrat who was dumb enough to wander into a warzone and so she's butthurt that they didn't recognize her nobility

Apparently she's manipulative, according to Rebecca.
Also, she was only in Pearls possession for 2 decades, so she really wasn't trapped by the CG for a long time.

The CGs knew a gem was in there. And they did nothing. The rebellion is the reason she was trapped there in the first place. While pearl was the only one there at the present, obviously the other gems came into the pciture later on.

Lapis is princess snob

Your mom is a pedophile.

LAPIS CONFIRMED BEST GEM

This is the blue gem.

>Harem ending confirmed

Connie on suicide watch

>By that logic almost anything is going to be reacting

uh no?

>Lapis told him her story because she wanted to. The PTSD bit was the only moment where she was "reacting" in that sense

Dude, the episode was literally Steven showing earth places to Lapis in order to try to get her to stay, how is lapis visiting new places not a reaction episode?

>reacting" in that sense

reacting doesn't mean falling on you knees and crying about hard memories, it means giving insight and the way you behave in front of a situation, lapis was going around with steven while he described places, she was basically a tourist, reacting to places is exactly what a tourist does

>instead of just trying to avoid the argument entirely. I have an open mind.

oh come on, you don't have to be passive-aggressive about it

Lolololol

They did.
Guess i never expected her to be THIS manipulative.
Lying from the start, jesus.

Lapis wasn't there for construction. She was a war reporter. Why else would a noncombatant who can project her memories on water be caught up in a battlefield that is very clearly not in a civilied area?

It also explains why she was a civvie casualty. Bismuth knew that if she attacked reporters it would cause public outcry and make homeworld demand that the army pull out. The Vietcong did the same thing in Vietnam

I wanna fuck lapis

>those eyes
nice
orange kisses is going to ship her and jasper so hard

So I went through with my A+ paint skills and broke the gems from the flashback down. Blue is for gems that we know, green is for ones that appeared in The Answer/Cheeseburger Backpack for sure, yellow is for ones that are more ambiguous, black is for gems that I couldn't find an analogue for anywhere. Kind of sketchy on Amethyst, but that really reminds me of goo-covered Amethyst in particular.

Also, did anyone else notice that during the flashback, when the blue/yellow/white light exploded that the theme that was used for Blue and Yellow Diamond appeared for a second?

LAPIDOT
A
P
I
D
O
T

Yo I'm not gay but actually I think I may be a little gay

This is the meme gem.

Would you love her tenderly even if you would never sire a family of little gems?

>You could at least try to explain why you think she's interesting.
That's like saying why someone like chocolate dumbass
I was just pointing out why she didnt show """enough""" personality

She was emotionally manipulating Steven even while in the mirror. Damn.

She asks "Do you have any idea who I used to be?" in a somewhat-rhetorical sense. It's more about accusing them of keeping a conscious Gem trapped in a mirror for a really long time than the actual question.

As for the second part its more likely they didn't want to spoil her backstory at all. Regardless of whether the CG's used the mirror they still kept her in there.

IIRC there actually is a minor plot hole in that Pearl took the mirror out of her Gem intending to use it before noticing it was broken, but in the flashback it was broken from the start.

Here comes a new challenger.

El Woolio lives on

CANON
A
N
O
N

That could explain why there are so few Crystal Gems left despite being able to drive homeworld off the planet

One word
R e d e m p t i o n

They did keep her prisoner and used her. They saw that there was a cracked gem on the back of the mirror, and instead of pulling it out and putting it into one of Rose's fountains, they just kept it around for recording/intel purposes.

None of these are contradictions. She was poofed and turned into a tool by homeworld, but then discovered by the CGs and used as a tool before being neglected for thousands of years. They didn't try to find out who she was, they just treated her as an object.

Is there a source on that statement?

HIPS
I
P
S

Bismuth > Jasper

>We waited a Hiatus for this animation

Fucking Lamar

New gems!

>Thousands of years
Pearl found her in the 80's user.

The gems seemed pretty primitive in that flashback.
No wonder lapis was so shocked at how advanced they've become when she returned to homeworld.

>Did they know she was alive?
>Did Pearl even show her off to the other two?
>WAS she even used for a thousand years?

pearl is THICC close up

They obviously didn't know that a conscious gem was in there. They were completely shocked by her when she came out.

I just wonder why she never attempted to communicate them the way she did with Steven.

She needs no redemption.

>Lapis and Peridot in the barn together

So who gets the loft?

>MFW Rose could have healed her

Don't trust them new gems over there.

An interview Rebecca did

The quote was:
"A big part of Lapis' character is manipulation."

Because he drowned it

She was just waiting there while the gems were developing without her.

They even had YD's music playing during the explosion

Its a fucking design choice user. It doesnt mean she was literally in the 80s. For all we know she couldve had that form for 1000 years.

>project her memories on water
I assumed that was a trait she picked up from the mirror ordeal, but the idea of it being an inherent water-projection ability that she weaponized out of desperation is an interesting theory.

>tried to drown Connie and Steven
>broke Greg's leg
>wrecked Greg's van
>stole the Earth's oceans
>trapped Jasper in a toxic fusion for months
>tried to emotionally manipulate Steven into believing she fused with Jasper for him
>now confirmed that she hates the Crystal Gems for no reason whatsoever

Fuck her.

Top bunk bottom bunk argument will ensue.
Which will be used by fans as a metaphor for which cock is going where.

But Peridot is the best gem.

>leg warmers
yeah, sure, okay

In Pearl's defense, the gem was cracked, so she'd either assumed she was dead, or it would be too dangerous to attempt to remove or revive her until they'd found a way to heal broken gems. Lapis can be mad, but Pearl might have had reasons too

BABY
SLUT
nvm, wrong general

BELIEVE IN STEVEN

It wasn't. She wasn't reacting to dramatic things happening to her like she was before where it made sense that she was entirely focused on those things. This was a totally chill episode and a perfect chance to display more aspects of her personality. She didn't.

youtu.be/MhpBAq80LDQ:
Sugar said at 33:40 -

"This is the proto-Lapis, this character would become basically Lapis. Although the skirt thing she got would become opaque. It's a story about emotional manipulation which would become a huge part of Lapis' character."

>Inb4 it was actually their fusion getting poofed
I'd kek but it's probably their BIG BANG ATTACK

>reacting doesn't mean falling on you knees and crying about hard memories, it means giving insight and the way you behave in front of a situation, lapis was going around with steven while he described places, she was basically a tourist, reacting to places is exactly what a tourist does
Again, that's too broad a definition of "reacting", but y'know what, it doesn't matter. The point is that the episode was a good opportunity to show "natural" Lapis, "normal" Lapis. And I found "normal" Lapis boring.

>oh come on, you don't have to be passive-aggressive about it
I'm not being passive-aggressive, I'm being sincere. I don't WANT to find Lapis boring.

>That's like saying why someone like chocolate dumbass
It's really not, unless you think film critics are wizards.

Peridot is like those annoying lolis in anime with the tsundere attitude who also try hard to be LE RANDOM XD ugh

>>When she is freed, she asks the CGs "do you have any idea who I used to be?"
>Why would they if she arrived late and was poofed early?
That's not what she was asking. She was asking if they even CARED about who she used to be. Pearl literally just found this mirror lying around and carried on using it as a tool instead of wondering if the gem inside it was suffering or not.

she was such a dork this episode, but its good that she can express herself without worries

>people are already making "Woolie" their new bara waifu
Oh look at that. I was right.

There were no inconsistencies, and Lapis didn't lie.

1. The quote was "You three knew I was in there, and you didn't do anything! Did you even wonder who i used to be?"
The gems knew there was a sentient being imprisoned in the mirror, and did nothing

2.Homeworld did all the using until Pearl found her, and used her as a tool, then later gave her to Steven, and they all lied about what the item really was.

So what's the conflict?

It's so weird how several of those gems actually appeared in The Answer. The one with the icecream hair actually spoke up when ruby and sapphire fused

she never weaponized it

Maybe Pearl brought them into fashion after parading them around the earth for hundreds of years? She finally got her validation for her weird fashion choices.