Tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the franchise since Aliens

>tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the franchise since Aliens

>implying old AvP games are bad

wew I just picked this up again. Its long as fuck tho, so far im on my second year with this game (playing on and off)

AVP:2 had me shitting bricks playing at night with the lights off with the marine.

wrong

Playing Arnold in the AvP Capcom arcade game was pretty fun.

Bait.

>playing AVP:2 and that level with the predator
>playing survival multiplayer on AVP:2 in quarantine

That game was beautiful. Isolation was damn near perfect as well.

Wrong

>Aliens was decent
Pleb detected

eh, wasnt the mc in lesbian with a cat in that?

It's too fucking long, it goes on so long that you start seeing the invisible string that ties the alien to you. Depending on the scenario the alien is always a certain distance from you. It will constantly patrol and room you're in and the second you leave it'll follow you. As soon as you notice this the alien stops being threatening or scary and just becomes an annoyance. Your thought process goes from "How do I survive this encounter" to "How do I abuse this AI"

This game was truly a gem. I still get chills remembering the Psych Ward section.
Alien > Alien: Isolation >>>>>>> Aliens
All the rest is shit.

>had almost having an heart attack and died from stress when playing the game
>still have no courge for the second playthrough

also this

Who remembers the predator game for the Nokia blokia

Games are legitimately a better medium for anything thriller/horror because of (even very limited) player activity and agency being necessary to progress. I never get the same push in a movie because I remain passive.

This unironically. Too bad videogames are made by idiots that can't achieve their true potential.

this shit is boring. i bought it for 9 bucks on steam last week but literally nothing fucking happens.

WHY THE FUCK ARE HUMANS FIGHTING EACHOTHER INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING MONSTER ON THE SHIP

but the game was shit

They've only been around for two decades really (inb4 muh early 90s game). There have probably been as much ludo as kino produced in these years.

Have you ever seen a human? They fuck each other up for no reason. Alien is just ahead in the curve.

Only problem with the game is that you know she lives because of ALIENS she was still alive....

It's true.

How the fuck is this a franchise?

Yes. Usually in the first dramas the audience took part in the play (see the greeks) and later, around the barroque period, plays started to become more immersive in detriment with the public interaction. In games you don't have to lose immersion or interactivity, they add to each other.

Horror books or movies I read stopped being scary when I was 13 but lego looking games (Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark...) terrified me and preferred watching them being played by a someone else in the same room.

I'm still waiting for true ludo.

>he hasn't gotten to the psych ward

pucker up butter cup you're in for a long ride

Well it is Weyland Yutani so maybe they just covered up her death and Burke just brought Ripley the fake file

nice door opening simulator you have there friend

No, its canonical that she was alive. Hell the scene was removed from the film and Sigourney weaver was mad because the scene was there to show that she wasn't there to protect her daughter so she became the protective mother of Newt.

AVP2 multiplayer on any lifecycle server when a queen is on the loose wrecking shit and you eventually team up with the preds just to take that bitch down was one of the most kino moments in my gaming experience. second would have to be Battlefield 3

Alien 3 > Prometheus > AVP > Alien > AVP 2 > Aliens > Alien Resurrection

>thinking this is a negative point
My favorite games of the 2010s is a truck driving simulator, a walking simulator and a high school simulator.

the arcade side scroller with 4 players was decent

The robots were fucking mint
>you are becoming hysterical

Pretty much, there are some examples of greatness though like thief and pathologic among obvious things like fallout and alien isolation

Is buying a PS4 worth it? What is some videokino? I haven't literally played any videogame since the PS1 and the occasional Wii party game with friends, but all this talk about videogames makes me want to try some again

Play Uncharted 4. Don't listen to the Sup Forums tourists who are about to reply to this post.

that does sound kino as fuck.
god damn i wish i could have played this game in its prime.

Grim Fandango
The Uncharted games
Arkham games
L.A. Noire
The Warriors

>Hideo Kojima
A fallen director become game dev

with infinite resources the man would be able to pull of kino beyond kino too bad he's too expensive.

I bet Death Stranding will be great but fall short of its true potential in both gaming and film because he doesn't have an infinite budget

>hey guys lets release this movie that is set in the same universe as alien but its not alien, okay
>oh hey remember that movie that its not aliens?, we we are releasing the sequel as an alien movie kkthx bye

these creepy fuckers man

PS4 has the uncharted series remastered from the PS3 versions. There's also Last of Us that gets trashed for being a cinematic game but it is still a good game. If you've seen the road expect to see similarities. Bloodborne is an action game that actually has some really cinematic moments that stand out from other video games. There's the new Nier game that's also an action game that's gotten a bit of praise. Just a few games there.

Just finished Uncharted 4 a few days ago. One of the most exhilarating games I ever played

This game might have the best atmosphere in any video game I've ever played. It's a shame it was panned by critics, the creators were clearly trying to do something's intelligent. The opening title screen, for example, 9 out of 10 people would have put an obvious or oblique refrene to the alien. But no, instead we get the huge space station absolutely miniscule against the gas giant. It fit the mood perfect, and along with everthing else showed the love they put into it.

Also has a fabulous soundtrack

>that part where you have to sneak through the hive
I honestly believed I was going to have an anxiety attack with the spooky music playing. What made it worse was wearing headphones throughout the whole thing.

Go back to Sup Forums with you shitty fan fiction.

playing marine and predator scared me shitless too goddamn it, marine especially.
at least as the predator I was a semi-OP killing machine, but as the marine I always pussied out.

playing as the alien was less scary since I was the big guy doing the thing. also remember trying to speedrun the alien campaign and fastest I got back in the day was in 3 hours, I wonder how fast people can actually run it nowadays.

Go and spend more time with your grandchildren, mister Carpenter.

Outside of Valve, Yes.
Half-life is like the breaking bad of games even though its unfinished

>implying

That is no a game, thatis an adventure novel.

I got this for like 8 bucks a few days ago. It's so fucking good, goddamn.

It both disgusts and impresses me how good the animations and graphics are in AI
It's fucking beautiful and since it's all corridors with doors that close behind you it's smooth as butter
and the alien is big, heavy, but still stupid fast and moves like it means it without seeming like it's magically half the weight it should be
but fuck me, if a game can make a beautiful xeno in real time then how did they fuck up so bad on prometheus and covenant
I just want to say that the last survivor DLC where you play as ellen destroying the nostromo is the most beautiful fucking thing in the world
the blaring sirens and the flashing lights and the fucking fog and steam everywhere is genuinely amazing
pissed myself scared, too, but it was beautiful

I loved their interactions with the Xeno

>Alien walks by
>Working Joe keeps staring at it
>"What are you?"

Oh, for fucks sake, I left it unfinished and now will probably have to start it again and finish it. Probably I'll put more attention to those blogs/e-mails too. Really loved how the space looked though.

I bought it on PSN the other night it was like 11€.

I'm not scared of xenomorphs and I'm not scared of androids or humans really but this game is wrecking my fucking nerves. It's tense as all hell, it also looks and especially SOUNDS incredible.

Alien Resurrection was great.

Why'd you have to post such a shitty picture that invalidates all that you said.
I mean if that's your idea of alien

>Motion tracker goes crazy
>you hear them everywhere

Quick question: is the directors cut to the original Alien any good or should I try and find a torrent for the normal version?

Covenant was good and 3 was good once it got to act 2

Fuck no. Maybe from like a storytelling perspective idea or something but it's gameplay was fucking awful and they couldn't even get the Xenomorph right. They cite their main source being Alien but I don't remember the scenes where the Alien stomps about to make sure that Ripely and friends can fucking hear it so they can avoid it. It only needed to stay on it's hind legs because running on all fours would have made it too fast for its tiny ass vision cone. The androids were the most difficult enemies, in one section of the game, because unlike they alien they don't make as much noise and they don't get board and jump into the vents until the player hits the next designated event checkpoint.

Scott or someone should have taken the basic idea from the start of the game, which sort of coincided with how Aliens starts, where the main character and friends show up at a space station, where the cheap synthetics are acting as if everything is normal but all the people seem to be missing, then as they explore the station they discover the xeno and things go bad. That way, unlike the game, it won't overstay it's welcome.

It's worth playing through
The safe house or whatever DLC's are good but I would pirate them desu
More gamey for when the fear of the alien wears off, but fun gamey
It was the first one I found don't judge me I deleted my alien folder when I first saw the covenant shit
I am a petulant, overemotional manchild

It's great but can't remember how it differsfrom the original.

>tfw ss13 is better than alien isolation in every way

Ripley a cute. Love the voice acting - 10/10

>I deleted my alien folder when I first saw the covenant shit
>I am a petulant, overemotional manchild

I'll fucking say.

directors cut of 3 was just as good as the first two.

This

Ultimate plebfilter

I NEED MUH GAME TO TELL ME A STORY THATS 40 HOURS LONG CAUSE IM A MOUNTAIN DEW FAGGOT.

>Too bad videogames are made by idiots that can't achieve their true potential.

Videogames have achieved their "true" potential, though: they're just a bridged-gap between movies and games.

There's not more potential to be had. Really, there isn't -- I know, people wish there was, but there is not.

Its apex "potential" is an interactive movie and it's already done that.

People need to stop romanticizing videogames in such a manner.

That's literally the opposite retard. Mountain Dew gamers are pick up and play casuals

I started Dying Light today. Fucking lit

Scott is a fucking hack.

>I don't remember the scenes where the Alien stomps about to make sure that Ripely and friends can fucking hear it so they can avoid it.

You don't realise that a game needs the alien to make noise so that the player can actually play and enjoy it? If alien was silent in its movement like in the movie, then the game would be too hard and everyone, including you, would hate it.

>tfw to intelligent to expect more of AI and virtual reality from the future

The Last Guardian is nice. It's an adventure game about a boy and his Trico.

Except I hate it the way it is because it is far too fucking easy to wait out the Alien, even on Hard. After the first 6 hours of never getting caught by it when it finally behaved like it did in the movies and waited for me in a vent when there was no indication that it was in the area was the first time it ever killed me. It never caught me out in the open because I wasn't stupid or impatient enough to go out into the open.

Again the only time the game even gets slightly difficult is when the game takes away all your weapons because the Main character is a moron and walks through a metal detector, instead of going around it like a smart person, and it makes you deal with a few rooms full of androids, when the Xenomorph isn't even in play. And even then if you get spotted you can just run around in a circle and then head after your slow ass pursuers lose sight of you.

The director's cut shows what the alien does to its prey in one of the most horrifying scenes in cinema history

"Doom Aliens TC by Justin Fisher" will forever been the best aliens game in existence. The only problem is that you needed to play it when it first came out.

GTAV and LA Noire I think are some games that are both appealing and accessible to people who have never played a videogame before, while also being all round sick games in general.

The directors cut is amazing but the quality of the cut scenes varies
Definitely get a directors cut though, the scenes that were cut are worth every second
Just fantastic stuff really

LA Noire isn't quite accessible I don't think.

AVP 2010 game was bretty gud, as well as the older games

Even though visually the game looks like ass now, I prefer GTAIV to V.

GTA IV and its episodes have the best cast of characters out of any video game.

I remember walking into an empty room and hiding in a locker. When I left it there was one of these fucker right in front of me. I'm guessing this is a scripted thing because I'm sure there was absolutely nothing else in that room but it scared me so fucking bad

Sissy

Alien 3 (Director's Cut or Q-Edition Fanedit) is good

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3

All other films are trash.

LA Noire a shit.
A fun. But nonetheless a shit.

I can't refute this. I remember details of most (good) games I've played than I do books I've read. The interactive participation aspect makes the experience much richer.

>tfw TES3:Morrowind is the best book I've ever played
To be fair, there was a fuckload of reading in that one though

What is the best action oriented Alien game ever produced and why is it Prey 2017?
It feels like Alien without outright being a cut and paste copy of it. Lots of original ideas and amazingly tense gameplay.

>It's too fucking long
It's a pleb filter

Go play your 4 hour long yearly CoD installment

>What about the duke 3d alien tc?

>tfw get questions wrong because I give the developers too much credit

>tfw still haven't played through Alien:Isolation because I saw Alien for the first time when I was 7 and have been deathly afraid of the xenomorph since then
Alien is my all time favorite horror movie and I rewatch it every year.

>Videogames have achieved their "true" potential
Actually no.

Most RPGs, for example, don't have enough story branching. You made a serious, seemingly important decision? Tough luck, it actually doesn't have impact on the story. There are some "interactive" that try to address this problem, like Heavy Rain and I think Until Dawn (haven't played that one), but the tradeoff is short playtime and simple gameplay.