Can he do evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjBErbe2sO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there is no god pinoybro, best you swallow that pill now

can god change what good and evil mean in the first place

>best
For what?

Oh wait, life is without context without God, so it is irrelevant whether he is right or wrong about the issue.

god is the whole mate, you are part of god. you are like his molecule.

whatever you can do, he can do to.

**ignore the spelling errors**

If he can't then he cannot logically do everything. Therefore he isn't omnipowerful.

How do you explain Christ then? The only historical account of what God might be like

>irrelevant whether he is right or wrong about the issue
exactly you learn your only duty is to family and country, and anyone who tries to undermine that you can be summarily executed without guilt

>duty
Like that would actually mean anything anymore afterwards. It's just another hunger; instinct to keep you going, to keep the pack going.

Slave to your genes.

>Slave to your genes.
right, without god your sole purpose is to produce as many offspring as possible, not seeing a problem here

No. When you hear the phrase "God is Good" it means that the very "Bieng" of God is Good. It his nature. He is the standard of Good. It does not mean God is good guy or God does good things.

God can't act in contrary too his nature. Because that's is who God is.

Think of it terms of light and darkness. Darkness is not the opposite of Light. It is the absence of light.

Similarly evil by definition is the absence of God.

It's a bit more complicated but that's basic jist of it.

Been awhile since I formally studied this specific theology but I can answer any other questions to the best of my ability

>not seeing a problem here
You'd be fine being a pixel automaton?

We simply cannot comprehend God. But when we die it will all suddenly make sense. Like your iq going from 100 to 1 trillion.

>Can God lie?
i would call it more misdirection than lying, but yes

>Can he do evil?
no because evil is a lack of goodness and god.

that would be logically incoherent unless you're strictly referring to the words and not the concepts behind them.

I think so. God, if it is God, can create contradictions and paradoxes, and even states of being we can't imagine.

Isn't the christian God one who has a strict moral standard he upholds for himself and others? Like sin makes him angry, but he gives you the choice to sin because it makes the choice to not do so meaningful etc.

Or have I misunderstood?

>itt religionfags discover the problem of evil

its not a matter of feelings, its a matter of truth, if you need to believe that of all the gods ever created by man that yours in real just to make it through your life then its no skin off my nose

God just is. He can not lie or do evil. He does what is his way. For it is good. Praise to our Heavenly Father Amen

There is no bigger believe in God and morality than an Atheist. There is no bigger nihilist and debaucherous sinner than a devout Christian. There is no one more deluded to the knowledge of God than one who thinks he knows him in any way. There is no greater mystic than a village idiot.

1. No, that doesn't make sense at all. God isn't known to the Apostolic faith as some type of guy in or outside the universe.

2. The answer is no, but this might vary is you have differing understandings of 'evil'.

>that would be logically incoherent unless you're strictly referring to the words and not the concepts behind them.
If God really is the one and only God, and all that is is only so because of his will, wouldn't he be beyond even the concept of needing to make sense?

A world of pure good is not possible. Only in Gods realm it is. With free will comes good and evil.

Yes, He just doesn't want to, because He is infinitely good.

It's not your purpose, you dummy. Facts state that instincts are void of purpose; they merely exist because the existences without the instincts DIED. If God is not real, you are literally just a pointless blob of matter moving in 4D (or higher).

>implying St. Augustine didn't already theologically rape the problem of evil into irrelevancy 1600 years ago

No, God isn't evil, and he can't lie. God is good.

catch 22 question.

If he could, then he isn't all good.
If he can't than you presume he isn't "all powerful"

The problem is how you interpret the answer. And your presumptions that come with the question.

But. The answers are No. And No.

Your opinion on what is evil is subjective. God is 100% good so whatever he commands to happen is in the end a good action.
>Reminder that includes obliterating Sodom and Gomorrah
>and allowing hell to exist.

Here's another example of these b8 questions
youtube.com/watch?v=JjBErbe2sO0

God created evil, but I'm sure he knew what he was doing. Free will and all.

>retarded Sup Forums faggots are posting on Sup Forums

christ just go

>He is infinitely good.
Yes, if he's infinitely good, he would, I think, need the choice to not do good available as an option. Otherwise, he's not good or evil, he just is.

He could, but He doesn't. Since it is in His nature to be free as well.

depending on who you ask, god can do anything that isn't logically impossible.

for example, god can't create square circles since the two concepts of those things are by definition mutually exclusive.

as for the rest of your post, yes, the christian god has a moral code that he holds to himself and all his creation capable of understanding said moral code (hence why animals aren't held to the same moral standards)

Yes, kinda, Evil is a lack of good.

But he allows humans to do that because love is only something you can give to people, not something you can force out of people. So they need to have the option to love or not so they can give it.

That fresh out of your diary ? Brian. Whens mom getting you guys from HotTopic anyways?

Does Light creat darkenss?

my fav catch 22 about christianity is:
God intended humans to have free will, yet you are beholden to God's plan / "fate"

Ah, yes. Augustinian theodicy. Because God only does good, therefore when someone dies in a flood or gets gang-raped, it's just an absence of God's intervention brought entirely upon themselves because 'free will' (a concept never mentioned in any Abrahamic text). It's 'quit hitting yourself' to a cosmic, comic extreme.

Jesus. The lengths people will go to in contorting reality to fit what they want to believe is a testament to the flexibility of human perception.

this. also dubs of truth

>you can't disappoint God
>God doesn't have a plan for every possible move
Why do you think God is the safe bet?

Whatever helps you sleep at night

>If God is not real, you are literally just a pointless blob of matter moving in 4D (or higher).
thats my point, what separates us from any other living thing is self-awareness

Thats Calvinism. The 100% deterministic life. God's plan doesn't necessarily have to be every waking breath you take. Its just that if he has one, you can't intervene.

For example, God set it up so Jesus would die on the cross. Therefore, nobody could prevent that. If somebody tried to kill jesus earlier, they MUST fail. The roman soldiers who decided the punishment CANT decide anything other than the cross.

All other aspects of their life are to their decisions.

Its not like god forced you to masturbate as part of his plan. You can do whatever you wont so long as you don't fuck up the bigger picture.

Which is why, Christianity cannot and will not be eliminated from earth, as much as atheists try.

One you can choose or deny. Whatever one you want. Hence free will.

>wouldn't he be beyond even the concept of needing to make sense?
he is beyond the need of making sense to humans, but just because something doesn't make sense to us doesn't mean it won't make sense to god

if you define evil as the lack of goodness/godliness, then god can't be evil because he is by definition the source of good. it follows that the abstract concepts of good and evil can't be changed.

>Strawmanning so hard you created an army of dried grass soldiers.

..because we have come to realize our existence, we have come to answer the big questions. Those who answer in the atheist fashion don't breed.
What does that tell you? Why is a functional human society religious?

yes
yes

>Which is why, Christianity cannot and will not be eliminated from earth, as much as atheists try.
unless God wants it gone

>God knows everything; it is all-seeing and all-knowing
>Except for some things it doesn't know and can't see
>So, forget what I said earlier

BRO

he created non whites. thats proof enough for me.

i would rather worship Satan

Correct, but the Church will go on until it gives birth to the heir; perhaps even further.

>debating about a fictional character

KILL ALL SEMITES AND KEKS
DEADLIFT OR DIE
MAGA
BUILD WALL
PURGE THE EUSSR
I'M OUT

>inb4 fedora tip, when you die nothing happens; meaning of life is subjective nothing is of objective importance

in his defense, all seeing and all knowing are not the same as all powerful

god created evil the same way a flashlight creates a shadow

>Satan is the god of this world.
You are begging to get rused, lad.

>What does that tell you? Why is a functional human society religious?
you answered your own question lad, most people are too stupid to function without religion, that doesnt make it true

>if he
>therefore

oh to be american

>god can do anything that isn't logically impossible.
This is the part that I disagree with. I know the limits of my own comprehension, but I know that there are things beyond that comprehension. For example, in four dimensions, it's imaginable that there can be a square circle, just like there can be, in two dimensions, a 3D line that looks straight when looking at it parallel to the plane the curve runs in, but nevertheless it's still curved along another plane.

I forget what they call it, but there's this idea in philosophy that no thing can be two different things at once in the same way and same respect. I think the need to even define a thing or its properties is a function or a byproduct of how our consciousnesses work, or the environment we evolved in. QP shows us that there's no need for the logic we see at our scale to apply elsewhere.

1+1 may very well only equal 2 because of a shadow cast upon our reality by some other phenomenon. If the shadow moves, 1+1 may equal three. We would probably cease to even be capable of consciousness then, as our patterns are tuned to this reality, but if we could survive, it may start to make intuitive logical sense in that world why math has stopped working.

That's new age theory, mate, Atkinson/Kybalion/Hermetic shit which is what Kekfags based their bullshit on. The Bible never states we are a part of god, only that God created us. We are not the Holy Spirit. That's some 20th centuary bullshit.

no.

i would rather embrace hate than a god that preaches cukery and turning the other cheek.

you also cant deny god created niggers.

>if God exists he has created a world with Alzheimer and SLA

He doesn't exist. If he does he doesn't deserve my respect.
The beauty that I find in the world doesn't excuse not even one baby who has died due to genetic disease, or a war.

i suppose you think a barometer determines the weather as well

just because the lord know what you will do doens't mean he's the one determining what you will do.

Or Hinduism

If you were right, why would you care? Because you can't ignore?

>new age
nigga that's old eastern philosophy. Maybe not "God" per se, but something quite similarly omniprresent.

Yes and yes. God has a double-edged sword as a tongue, He is also the po-faced God, hence no one has seen His real face.
You have met God in your life without knowing it. Both in person and in your mind. In person, he probably appeared as someone meek and naive, something you despised, just to see how you would treat Him. In your mind He offered you great power at the sake of others. Or you could achieve nothing and keep your soulmate. What you choose is how you will end up. As a general rule, God tells 2 lies and 1 truth all the time. You know deep down the truth, depends if you want to hear it. Also God loves death and destruction, because it brings life and creation. Like the volcano destroys, it leaves behind the best soil for growth.

>Can God lie?
Yes.

Numbers 22
That night God came to Balaamand said, “Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.”

Blah blah blah talking donkey

...Then theLordopened Balaam’s eyes,and he saw the angel of theLordstanding in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

The angel of theLordasked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me. The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now”

>you also can't deny God created niggers
Choices pile up across generations. Was God to stop them from their foolish behavior?

funnily enough he created chimmps and gorillas, but both those are way better than turkroaches and niggers, and even shaved chimps are whiter than niggers

God cannot lie for lying and deceit is sinful and wrong. God is perfect and therefore cannot sin. Lying=sin=something God cannot do.

God cannot do evil. Evil is what takes root in the absence of God. God is goodness, therefore without God is badness.

Simple answers to simple questions. Hope you keep growing in the Lord, OP.

so, people wrote a book, translated it, added things, left things out, etc etc

and that is you proof. mice, I mean nice.
not the city nice.

What if God isn't purely good or bad, but just a person like you and me with his own virtues and vices, only with magical spells and shit

>unironically taking bible seriously

that shit was written by jew not anyone else.

if there was almighty, all knowing, all loving, all seeing entity like god, how do you explain jews and their slavery over this world?

>you answered your own question lad, most people are too stupid to function without religion, that doesnt make it true
Atheists don't function even if they were smarter (on average)... What does that tell you?

as i said in a different post, what is beyond human comprehension isn't necessarily beyond god's comprehension. if it's logically possible for god, than it isn't logically impossible, we just aren't able to understand it yet.

as for the square circle, i was strictly referring to the two-dimensional shapes. within the frame of two dimensions, it is logically impossible to create a square circle since the two concepts are mutually exclusive.

All that happens in the world is the will of God.
Evil happens in the world.
Therefore Evil is the Will of God.

How hard was that?

oh to be 12 again

god was supposed to not create fucking niggers.

any priest or cuck who calls for tolerance and love. i hope a knife is dragged across their neck. its nothing less than they deserve.

Let me put it another way.

All that happens in the world is the will of God.
It happened that a hungry stray cat had boiling water thrown on it.
Therefore it was the will of God to throw boiling water on a hungry stray cat.

God fucking sucks.

Because after reading the bible you think he's purely good? Or perhaps purely evil? Either way, you're an idiot

No.
His word is by definition, truth.

God allowed either humanity to degrade into niggers or apes evolving into niggers. Regardless, it is a piling of foolish choices across generations.

free will bitch, kinda what this whole creation thing is based on.

you can't use free will, boil a cat, and then blame god.
how retarted are you

God is not a Vulcan you dolt.

you cant be religious and believe in evolution.

pick one.

>Atheists don't function even if they were smarter (on average)... What does that tell you?
only if they have autism, most everyone who is rich, powerful and/or famous is an athiest, even if they have to lie to the normies about it

No because first he'd have to exist

It's not lying if He does it

Same as killing

Proof me God doesn't exist.

Checkmate

>All that happens in the world is the will of God.

>babbies first introduction to christianity

only deterministic idiots like the Calvinists think literally everything is determined by god.

evil is going against the will of god and is the absence of godliness.

if God is all knowing, all powerful, and all good, how could God also be coherent if suffering exists in the world?

I don't think the bible is a good, accurate and comprehensible representation of what God is.

we are simply explaining God from our own limited perspective. and that will always fail, pro or con

Why not?

what?
you triggered me so hard i'd strangle you with my bare hands right now
fucking faggot, i am leaving

No, because if the person boiling the cat had God in their hearts and followed his commandments and abided within him, they wouldn't be boiling the cat.

Your logic sucks, bro.