Tom Hardy to Star, Ruben Fleischer to Direct

Where were you when Marvel finally became great?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/161196
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/85634
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/54412
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/86310
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

You mean Sony?

>Marvel
top kek

Serious question if Spider-man isnt in this then whats the story?

>Venom
>Name of the chemical used by Bane
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE SYMBIOTE?

In the comics Venom became an anti-hero more than a straight villain. He was even in some kind of hero team at one point. They'll probably skip most of his origins and just show the parts where he becomes an anti-hero.

>dude with a giant spider symbol on his chest who swings around and climbs buildings
not having Spider-Man a part of this "Sony Universe" is moronic

Mmmhm

another good actor goes into capeshit.
it makes me soooooooooooooo happy.

>another good actor goes into capeshit.

Let me guess, TDKR isn't capeshit

>literally who director whose only good movie is Zombieland under the supervision of Sony
It's going to be shit.

>Let me guess, TDKR isn't capeshit
LOL if forgot.
I was pretty much rageposting

:')

Pure poetry lads.... I-It's going to be kino.

>another good actor goes into capeshit.
it makes me soooooooooooooo happy.

Please please tell me this is bait. Or is this your first day on Sup Forums?

there really is no excuse for this with baneposting being what it is...

you're done

it'll be about venom explaining how spiderman got his powers

>venomposting soon

There's no way they don't cash in on baneposting.

Or perhaps he's wondering why you would reveal an easter egg, before hiding it in the film.
Do you "feel" in charge?

Bane finally gets his venom

What is it with Tom Hardy playing anti-hero superheroes? He's starring as Venom for Sony, before that he was cast as Rick Flagg in Suicide Squad, DC's villain team-up movie, and before that he was cast as Sandman in Marvel's Villain Team-Up movie.

Here's an email Tom Hardy wrote to Amy Pascal about Sinister Six, playing Flint Marco

>I can call you and tell you more about this next week but Because you know how much I want to make movies with you ....I wanted to but this in your brain......

>We are going to make the sex pistols of superheroes movies ....where all the characters are the "bad guys" Its a sort of celebration of these guys in the vein of the dirty dozen and the professionals and the wild bunch....and all THOES fantastic movies from the 1960s

>It based on a comic book called the sinister six ....part of the marvel universe.

>Drew Goddard is writing and directing. He has written and produced a lot....lost, clover field,world war z....but what really shows how brilliant he is .....is a wickedly twisted genius of a little movie he made called "cabin in the woods".... Smart and funny and shows fantastic range ..... A little jewel.

>I think he is gonna email you and we talked about maybe getting you guys together ... there is a character in the film he wants to talk

will he be big enough to play venom?

My mistake, this was Amy's email to Tom Hardy, using some of Drew Goddard's lines. Marvel wanted Tom Hardy for Dr. Strange.

Amy forwards the news about Dr Strange to someone and say
>Go for it
>Call Bryan and I forgot the other guy
>If u think we can get it done without script
>Fuck THOES guys

She's saying fuck Marvel, we want Tom for our Sinister Six movie.

He's about to start shooting The Revenant, a movie that went almost a year over schedule with tons of problems and reshoots.

>he's booked in inarritu movie sept til feb
>then open with people chasing him (dr strange, splinter cell)…
>wigham thinks it's the perfect time to engage, eventho we don't have a script.
>he started googling sandman and is digging it
>i'm gonna put drew in touch

So they get Tom to google Sandman, he's into that instead of the Splinter Cell fucking movie.. Little did they know he'd agree to be Sandman, then he backed out and signed up for Suicide Squad. When The Revenant went over schedule he had to back out of Suicide Squad.

And yet Sony forgave him and now cast him as Venom. Avi Arad is a glutton for punishment.

Here's Drew's notes about the movie:

>I’m gonna write him up a note this weekend. But, off the top of my head, some possible talking points are:
>We’re doing something different — it’s time to celebrate the bad guys for once.
>We’re inspired by the classic team/mission of movies: Dirty Dozen, Magnificent Seven, Guns of Navarone. We want that spirit, that SWAGGER.
>If the Spider-man franchise is the Beatles, then we’re the Sex Pistols
>Flint Marco is gonna steal the show
>The character is pure id — the anarchic enthusiast of the team. A chance to have FUN while celebrating being bad.
>Tom embodies that anarchy, that triumphant nihilism — we’ve seen him tap into that spirt before in roles like Bronson, but now we have the chance to crank the volume up to ELEVEN.
>He’s gonna storm through London at the end like God-fucking-zilla. That is not purple prose. He’s going to be AS TALL AS A SKYSCRAPER in the third act of the movie. What does Dr. Strange have? Magic tricks? Fuck you, magic tricks — we’ve got a skyscraper Tom Hardy knocking down buildings!!!!

What is it with Tom Hardy always playing Big Guys?

Of course knowing Sony they probably would have cocked it up.

>people really think Spider-Man won't be in it

>a script from Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle) and Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower)

Yeah, hard pass. I'm sorry big guy.

>Marvel
Isn't this Sony?

Also I feel bad for the big guy since this is gonna flop so bad..

Why is Avi Arad OBSESSED with Venom?

Look at this email.

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/85634

Amy sends him a congratulations for Amazing Spider-Man 2 grossing $380 million and his response is:

>ann weiying was venom's wife and later xwife.when he saves her she becomes she venom.shriek was connected to carnage and to venom.

Here's an email he wrote out of the blue:

>My favorite thing on the weekends is to watch the circulars. This time of the year, the circulars tell me what is hot and what is not. I have been doing it all my adult life. If you look at the Toys R' Us circular, you will see that the Disney Infinity game features Venom as a character. I think Venom will be one of the biggest movies we can ever make. By the way, all the Infinity advertising features Venom. I would like you to bless it for me to get going and get Venom together. Ed Solomon is not even in the neighborhood as far as what we want to do. As you know I am a believer of following the comic to a T. If it is ok with you, I would like to be very aggressive with it. Please let me know. xo

Sony can't get the rights. Read the emails. They were discussing how to do this for a year and gave up on connecting it to the Marvel spider-man.

They may cast another actor

>Oh! Well aren't you a big guy?
Guarantee something like that will be in the film.

Originally this was gonna be part of the TASM2 universe with Garfield. Here's the press release they never sent.

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/54412

>ALEX KURTZMAN TO MAKE HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT ON “VENOM” FOR SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT

>Writer-Producer of “Star Trek” and “Transformers” to Team on the Screenplay with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon

>CULVER CITY, Calif. November xxx, 2013 – Sony Pictures Entertainment is in final negotiations for Alex Kurtzman to make his directorial debut on Venom, a highly anticipated film in the Spider-Man universe, to be written by Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Ed Solomon and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of Production for the studio. The studio is aiming to release the film in the fourth quarter of 2016.(TBD)

>Venom will focus on one of the best-loved characters in the Spider-Man comic books and one of the most popular villains of all time. An alien symbiote, Venom needs a human host to survive, and in return grants the host incredible powers, rivaling those of Spider-Man. In fact, Venom is Spider-Man’s alter ego, the dark side of his personality.

>Kurtzman & Orci recently wrote the screenplay for and are executive producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2, teaming on the screenplay with Jeff Pinkner, and Kurtzman & Orci & Pinkner will next write The Amazing Spider-Man 3, again with Kurtzman & Orci executive producing; that film will begin production this fall, directed by Marc Webb and produced by Arad and Tolmach, for release on June 10, 2016. (still accurate time table??)

Btw, everyone at Sony HATES Avi Arad:

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/86310

Why Avi Arad don't just die?.