I bet you haven't even seen The Duellists

Scott is a fucking hack.

wrong

Christ, he unironically has the JUST hair

HE may be retarded politically but he's one of the best actors to ever live

Plebs will be plebs

>Scott is a fucking great.

You're right.

All capeshit is trash. Snyder is the current master of the trash heap.

>I thought she was with you.

I love how the only thing Capeshit fans can do to defend themselves is point out how bad other capeshit is.

yup

U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start

>scott
>hack

No, he is the very definition of hit or miss.

Scorsese past the 20th century

>hasn't made a truly good movie outside of Alien and The Duellist
>over thirty years of mediocrity to outright shit
>not a hack

Peter Hackson
Quentin Tarantino

Martin Scorsese is a mixed bag, he is mostly a hack but has a couple of good movies. Wolf of Wallstreet is maximum hack-core, but Silence/Taxi Driver/Goodfellas are good.

ITT people who don't know what a hack is

What definition of hack are we using? A one trick pony? Someone who only does it for money? Someone who is just bad?

Name ONE fucking director that isn't a hack

You can't

Refn

sauce on this picture?

Stoklasa

Raimi

Renoir.

tacklebawks.tumblr.com/

hacks are the prostitutes of their medium
they could do or say anything for money with little or no regard for personal or artistic integrity.
this can manifest in a variety of different ways, essentially all your answers could be correct which is why anyone can be argued as being a hack.

Lang

Explains why Tony did it.

If you're a pleb.

He's a hack...man

Another one caught in the pleb filter

Spielberg

oh hey, what's going on?

>the plot
>the biggest problem

imdb.com/title/tt0035884/trivia

BS Indiana Jones is based on this movie

it wasnt his fault

Say what you want about Elen Degeneres but she works hard and she's damn funny

Pure 100% Hack

Explain the reason for this movie than.

The Lovely Money

every director has his bombs, just as every rose has its thorn

>everyone who does anything is a hack

you're the hack here, friendo

>using the Hershlag 2010 meme
>defending Ridley Scott

Neck yourself

Take your pick

Malick

>only one bad movie
>five great films
>the two most successful films of all time

Nah. Not a hack. An incredible director with amazing drive and passion.

>dennis villenueve
>breakout director

I fucking hate /r/movies so god damn much. Holy shit.

Jesus

Give me the rundown how do they even watch movies when only 5 of those are good

Nolan

I'm mary popins y'all

That alone discredits your claim

He ruined the Alien franchise

Improved*

Scott's films are always visually stunning. More so than Hack Snyder on top of that his films always have subtle philosophy that really makes you think.

You know it's true.

Bay

Alfonso Cuaron
Denis Villenueve

the only good thing he's ever shit out was Dawn of the Dead 2004

>amazing drive and passion.
he doesn't even like making movies.
if he did, he wouldn't take a 9+ year break between each one

I don't know exactly why but I've never enjoyed an Oliver Stone movie. Everything from Platoon to Natural Born Killers to Scarface which he only wrote. Something about his work I just can't tolerate. Does anybody else have thoughts on this?

I feel bad for Jackson. He should never have been taken to Hollywood. His New Zealand exploitation horror-action work is easily his best.

He peaked with Black Rain you pleb.

>Alien Si-fi Horror that realisicly asks how a bunch of unprepared blue collar works face and unstoppable and unknown force. But in the end its big business bureaucracy that kills them in the end. With an important and timeless message that big corporation are the biggest monster's of all.

>Aliens HURR DURR BUG HUNT. HURR DURR MADA FUCKING MECH SUIT MADA FACKER. BIG QUENN HURR DURR. HURR DURR JEWISH WOMAN PLAYING MEXICAN MAN. BIG FUGGING GUNS. BOOMM BOOM HAHAHAHA BIG BOOMBOOM

Yh nh get fucked cunt

Refrigerator nuke survivor

Last competent film 1993

Not even trying last 10 years. Total Magic Circle disgrace

Alien was never cerebral science-fiction. It went from spooky monster haunted house slasher movie to expedition gone-wrong siege-action. The smartest Alien has ever been is probably 3 followed by Prometheus and Covenant.

Bridge of spys was great my man

I will agree with you that Alien 3 was the smartest and had the most interesing and deep side characters by far

Hacks are people who don't care about their work. No matter what you think of his movies you can't accuse him of that.

>only god forgives

one of these is not like the other

I still maintain that the Engineers are a cool idea and make the Alien series richer. And Jar Jar would have been ingenious if Lucas wasn't attacked so aggressively that he decided to back out of his original plan. No defenses for the others though.

>I'm a rapist and murderer of women, you don't want to know me sister
kino

The Leftovers has redeemed him.

What was Lucas's original plan?

Uh... at least they're right about BvS and Speed Racer.

Twixt is kino you plebe.

Jar Jar Binks was conspiring to bring Padme and Anakin together because he knew that their relationship would destroy everything. There are clues scattered through the first movie that make this obvious once you know what to look for. Jar Jar is clearly seen mouthing Panaka's speech silently when he advises Padme to travel with Liam Neeson to Mos Eisley. Jar Jar tells Anakin that he thinks Padme is 'hot.' He survives a number of extremely dangerous situations through what appears to be luck but his movements actually seem to have a kind of goofy coordination to them reminiscent of drunken boxing. Also he's an outcast of his society but they seem to fear and dislike him a hell of a lot more than they should if he's just a simple idiot. I think that the idea is supposed to be that bad things happen around him all the time and it's often a lot more sinister than just people slipping on banana peels. And the eyes of course, they look fucking evil on their own.

I think that he was supposed to be a kind of evil mirror of Yoda. The jedi's super-powerful alien is an unassuming little green muppet while the sith have their lanky clown-rabbit.

Pain & Gain was outstanding.

The hackest of hacks

He is worse than a hack. He is a jew.

Interesting. Was it confirmed by Lucas or it could still be just fans trying to find hidden meaning everywhere?

Bresson
Tarkovsky
Peckinpah
Charles Laughton

Lucas never confirmed it (he doesn't use the internet or talk much about Star Wars anymore) but the actor who played Jar Jar strongly implied that it was and retweeted a youtube video explaining the theory. And if you watch for the signs in the first movie it looks very convincing. The scene where he seems to be controlling Panaka is definitely the weirdest and the most likely proof.

There is definitely some truth to it. Lucas clearly intended Jar Jar to be far more important than he ended up being. It's believed one of the reasons Dooku just kind of shows up out of nowhere as the villain in AOTC is because Lucas decided to just scrap the whole Jar Jar thing at the last minute and had to shoe horn in a replacement.

Former fan here. Fuck this pretentious and boring asshole.

What did it for you?

I can't forgive him for wretched shit of the subsequent trilogy, especially the turgid and unnecessary third film of an otherwise slim literature volume.

TH: BOTFA is one of the worst movies I ever saw.

From Oscars to Razzie-worthy turd.

TOL is unnecessarily tedious and full of itself. He dedicated the 'film' to his wife as if it's a love letter in film.

TOL proved so polarizing with its confounding structure and nonsensical self-indulgence some booed it at the screening at Cannes, and many walked out at arthouse theaters.

>Masturbatory avant garde cinema

His consequent 'films' have bombed at the b.o. and rated among the bottom according to Netflex. Even the plebs hate him for boring them to near-death.

>Some pseudo-intellectual people defended his "film" like pic related in response to walkout with demand for refund