American Alien

So now that the dust has settled we can all agree that American Alien was the greatest Superman story of the 2010's so far, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

sendvid.com/6jtrxqk9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>now that the dust has settled

You've just reminded me to make a filter for this phrase. Thanks, OP.

Landis' dialogue is so bad

Sorry thats not Gods and Monsters' Supermanuel

Well, obviously, not like there was much competition.

Is it over already? Thought it was 9 issues for some reason. Guess I'll check the archive and read it all at once.

Action Comics has been consistently better.

But that was Superman*.

the Parker/Samnee Adventures of Superman short was better.

The Keatinge story was fucking fantastic as well.

Max Landis is a collosal faggot.

and this book is shit.

I liked it but personally I liked Unchained and Johns' better overall.

Issues 1,3,5 and 7 I loved but the rest I thought were only okay.

Yeah I liked the JRJR Superman stuff

That one Action arc with the Forgotten Gods Wrestling League was better.

That was regular Superman, actually. Truth was never given time to breathe, or even fully explore the narrative potential of Clark getting outed publicly. His resolution with Lois felt completely out of place, and relations with Lex were almost nonexistent.

whichever

that arc was good regardless of the surrounding circumstances

No. Morrison's run on Action Comics was.

No, it hasn't. Only Morrison's run. Pak had potential but it couldn't really escape crossover hell

It's not even the best Superman story of the year

Thank you based Adams

Issues 3, 4 and 5 were good. Issue 5 in particular is a brilliant depiction of early Superman that is highly relatable, and more-or-less gets everything right.

Everything else was kind of a wash, or actively bad. I was really surprised by Landis getting Lobo's voice wrong (and there's no real reason for the guy in issue 7 to be Lobo).

how could I have forgotten

I feel like the way he wrote Lobo seemed more like Mongul or Kalibak shit talking.

I really liked it but that's a strong statement.

please redpill me on Landis

Yea Lobo is an inherent joke character, he's humor. Trying to use him to build a serious situation is out of place. I would have used like a White Martian or something.

Neil Adam's coming of supermen still exists.

>the greatest Superman story of the 2010's

That's a low fucking standard.

Here you go
sendvid.com/6jtrxqk9

What is the problem here?

not that guy but the rainbow faggoty hair is just the beginning of what clearly is a long list

go to bed, Landis.

And no.

Oh lord, this is really problematic.

Seriously, I don't give a single fuck about the writter, just for the story, because I'm not a huge faggot tumblr-like.

But even I know that Landis said worst shit, instead of saying that he is not sure if he really likes Miss Marvel considering that she is progressive pandering.

This said, half of American Alien is pretty great, the other half is passsable.

He should be fully aware of the fact that Ms. Marvel is pandery cringey garbage.

Explain why is great then, repeating that is great as a fact means nothing.

Watch the video
The video and the tweet are so contradictory. Landis doesn't know which boat he wants to sail in. Either pander to your MRA crowd it pretend to be a SJW faggot. Don't do both.

I used to follow Landis on Twitter because he would occasionally say something insightful about the film industry, but he's gotten completely full of himself, he kept referring to the WIW girls by their male wrestler names which leads me to believe he has called out undertakers name during sex, and that fucking video where he wanted to do lord of the rings at in modern times. I'd post that video but no one ever watches it to the end because of his fagggy haircut and how he keeps rambling about Bryan Cranston and Michael b Jordan.

As for AA, why read something that he s admitted to making just to piss off Sup Forums?

mexican superman is what new 52 superman should have been