Was this supposed to be good?

Was this supposed to be good?
I mean, like was I supposed to watch this in 1981 and I fucked up?

It was pretty lame.

Sorry you feel that way

I also fell for the Dredd meme

It's unique and quirky
If you except much more than that from an 80s movie with an eye-patch wearing main character, I don't know how to help

Hi Mike.

Ah yes very clever, you have referenced the fact that a known person of this board Sup Forums one Mike Stoklasa is not a very big fan of this work of John Carpenter entitled Escape From New York

Actually you're lame

Why didn't he like it?

And that you only don't like it because he doesn't like it.

Fucking plebs.

It's a different type of movie than what we see today. If you go in expecting John Wick or Taken, you'll be disappointed

Escape from LA > Escape from New York tbhq familias

t.Lee Van Cleef

It's more like going on a walk with Snake than it is watching an action movie.

welcome to the human race that coupled with the music was fucking supreme ending material

>All these "Escape From NY is overrated" popping up after the RLM video was posted

Now that I think about it he did very little that wasn't just waking and talking tough.
He only really gets into 2 fights

It's about the atmosphere and Snake, the plot is just the window dressing. Even though Snake on the surface is pretty one-dimensional he's actually a pretty interesting guy and you find yourself getting attached to him over the course of the film. You learn he has a moral compass and emotions and that he's actually a pretty good guy. It's the epitome of comfy entertainment.

Also dem titys

Movie is hella boring, and it's like they forgot to add in the music