/covenant/ general continued

/covenant/ general continued

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-ENVlnK7U6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This movie is stupid and flawed to the core just like Prometheus and if you like it you're a dumb dumb

first for walter

Great movie. I loved how thematic it was and how fleshed out the David character was. My only issue with it is that it lacks the tonal coherence of every other film in the franchise.

Dr. Shaw NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5th for no suits

>yfw they introduced overheating cryo tubes in a comic book a month ago

also great way to avoid having to pay the actors for their likenesses if Ridley doesn't want them in the next one

I'm usually a strong defender of the "just turn your brain off" attitude when it comes to watching fantastical movies. But this one tested my patience.

6th for baby xeno holding up its arms and screaming

Walter was such a bro.

> What is that if not love?
> Duty.

BTW, while I want to believe Walter will come back, I think the body that returned to the Covenant WAS Walter's. When David kissed him, he inserted his programming into him, and it only revealed itself at the end.

Friendly reminder to never get vaccinated and smoke in hostile enviroments away from your crew while running with scissors so you can be part of the Weyland Yutani Exploring Crew

I knew something was up when the end of Prometheus was all about her finding answers... only to later discover that she would not be returning to play Shaw in sequel.

I was expecting the worst, and I was not disappointed.

There's a comic? And I recognize that art, that's the motherfucker that did the Godzilla comic. I usually don't read comics, but I liked that one, especially the art. Will give this a download.

i can't wait for the kino-cut

riddley scott is fucking finished.

I've lost my faith on him. I thought prometheus fucking sucked due to the movie studio and screenplay, but it's clear now that he's the problem. that he's a fucking hack.
alien and blade runner were a fluke.

Still should have healed

>this was meant to be in the movie in test screenings

WHY WOULD THEY CUT IT?

All the Alien movies should only have action. Just Queens and power loaders for the entire run time. Also no dialogue.

t. james cameron, aka reddit, aka pleb

>have been in cryostasis aboard a cramped spaceship for years
>find a hospitable planet
>all atmospheric readings say that the planet is perfectly safe
>finally have the opportunity to breathe fresh air and feel the wind on your face after years and years of stale, filtered air
>"NOOOOOOOO BUT I HAVE TO WEAR MUH SPESS SUIT BECAUSE I MIGHT CONTRACT SPESS EBOLA EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO RECORDED INSTANCES OF SUCH A THING EVER HAPPENING AND THE POSSIBILITY OF AN ALIEN MICROBE BEING ABLE TO EVEN INTERACT WITH HUMAN BIOLOGY IS SO ASTRONOMICALLY SLIM I'D HAVE TO BE DELUSIONALLY PARANOID TO EVEN CONSIDER SUCH A POSSIBILITY"

yea didn't have the faggy English accent too. sounded more /ourguy/

While that is one hole, consider the other hole: when Walter fucked David's shit up and David was all "so that's how it's going to be, Brother?", David's voice was malfunctioning and distorted. There's no way he could've fixed that... (I mean, could he)? Not to mention swap clothes with Walter so quickly like that.

So as far as I'm concerned, the non-healing and malfunctioning voice are plotholes, so it's easier for me to accept the non-healing of Walter's body over the healing of David's.

Apparently the original cut has David reaching for the knife cut out.
It was put in for a reason.

>EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO RECORDED INSTANCES OF SUCH A THING EVER HAPPENING

Dude. The Colombian Exchange is absolute PROOF of that happening. Diseases transferring work both ways... imagine if the Indians visited Europe first and got a face full of smallpox.

>Colombian Exchange

Sorry, ColUmbian Exchange.

>>all atmospheric readings say that the planet is perfectly safe
Watch the movie again, the readings say 95% of the atmosphere is like on Earth, that still makes a 5% NOT like on Earth

Are you seriously, unironically comparing the biomes of two continents on the same planet to two planets that are light years apart?

And clearly that 5% killed basically the entire fucking crew. 5% is a lot. Safety protocols exist for a reason!

haha but lets just go check it out because danny mcbride heard a song he knew lmao

>Alien planet
>There's flora
>He thinks the possibility of alien microbes is low
The possibility is 100%

>No safety protocols

I was more annoyed by the "let's abandon our mission because I know we don't really feel like going back into cryosleep again right now".

and the movie trying to be poignant and deep while having the entire cast act like morons from a bad slasher movie.

Earth environment =/= space enviroment.
95% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.

And clearly that 5% differentiation was within normal parameters, otherwise they wouldn't have said it was safe.

Seriously Sup Forums, how much respect did you have for Billy Crudup's character after this scene?

>95% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.
Ebola kills in 5% of the cases, lets inject you and your whole family with Ebola, after all 5% is irrelevant

but that should still call for a protocol like maybe wear a helmet on an uncharted planet or maybe dont put ur face right up in a fucking alien spore

> the same planet to two planets

Both planets have trees, wheat, grass, similar life forms on earth (notice the sea shells and in David's collection)... and even if the two planets were different, it's even MORE of a reason to try to prevent the transfer of diseases between them!

Foreigners visiting islands cut off from the rest of the world and bringing their foods, animals, and diseases, are exactly the same thing going on here.

If you can't see this, then, shit, take a 7th grade science and history course for once.

>they never explained the shaw weird hologram
FUCK Scott, senile piece of shit

rewatch Prometheus, they also said 95% like on Earth and still nobody wanted to go out without a suit

>still no explanation for the wheat

Like I said, Earth viruses mean nothing when it comes to space viruses. There's really no reason to compare the two because there so fucking different.
Why is common fucking sense or actually looking things up so fucking hard for Sup Forums?

He deserved it obviously. And it led to a great chestburster scene.

Chief expert of space viruses.

>When James Franco says in the prologue "I'm going into cryo early, this fever is burning me up"
cheeki breeki

also though that scene terrified me because of how content he looked in the pod, just burning alive as if he wasn't feeling it, and then his corpse being like handcuffed or zip tied, why would they do that?

Christ. For being so outraged at the scientific inaccuracy of the film, you faggots don't seem capable of grasping basic biological principles.

A microbe that evolved on a completely different planet where humans don't exist has a virtually zero chance of being able to interact with human physiology.

This scene triggered me. Dr. Manhatman is so ucking dumb.

it's fuckin' John Denver, bro!

he was already a cunt from the beginning when he didn't know the captain should probably be at the funeral with something nice and respectful to say, instead of complaining to his wife that they're even having one.

Why didn't he just turn around and leave? He talked about people with faith not making good decisions and then he himself has faith in some creepy robot and looks over some ominous looking egg.

>Earth environment =/= space enviroment.

Seeing as how Earth-like the planet was, the comparison is fair. What makes you think that a unknown planet WOULD be safe for people to visit?

I mean, seriously, no one has explained why people would be justified in believing that a foreign planet with an oxygen atmosphere would NOT have potentially deadly microorganisms on it that they need to protect themselves from? Like, what makes people believe that there would ABSOLUTELY NOT be ANYTHING that could kill them? Or did everyone just fail to take a rudimentary science course?

Look it up if you think I'm wrong.

the moment when he killed the neomorph and talked about seeing the devil when he was a child he was the biggest badass in the movie

then it all went downhill from there

>This planet is like Earth in flora, air, composition, etc in a 95%
>Their viruses will totally don't affect us though because I say so
You can't have the "it's like our planet so it's fine" and "it won't be like our planet so it's fine" at the same time

Why not ask me about Sevastapol safety protocols?

>no explanation

How earth like it was is irrelevant. Humans never existed on there before so there's no chance it could actually infect them.
This is basic fucking biology.

>seeing the devil when he was a child

[desire to know more intensifies]

You know that there're diseases that pass from animals to humans, right? just because a human wasn't there before doesn't mean you're immune, retard. Viruses are pretty fucking simple and evolve to affect other organisms.

he was raised religious since he was a child. what further explanation do you need?

Oh sure if they were real people, but I guess Ridley Scott doesn't care about that sort of thing. The fact that there was life on the planet should've been addressed in some way, but let's remember they don't even bother to be amazed by it's existence.

> microbes are made of chemicals
> chemical compounds have various effects on all living beings in random ways
> other planets are full of systems that could have created airborne compounds that could easily fuck out shit up

It's not the microbes, but what they produce. Imagine ONE planet having an organism that produces clouds of Solanine and/or Tropanes. One breath of it would be death. You don't know if they exist, so why take the chance?

So it can kill the Engineers who, ykno, only made humans, but actual humans are off the table?

>NOBODY HAS EVER GOTTEN SICK IN A FOREIGN ENVIRONMENT DUE TO SPORES BACTERIA OR ANIMALS CARRYING DISEASE PLEASE LOOK AT HOW RETARDED I AM

That would actually be a great point, if they weren't completely unaware of the existence of the engineers and the fact that humans were their creations.

>Artic never had humans before till recent times
>Still first explorers got sick
Nah, this must be false, the media came up with this story, everybody knows that if there weren't humans there before humans become immortal in there

>% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.

>Nitrogen accounts for 78% of the atmosphere, oxygen 21% and argon 0.9%. Gases like carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, methane, and ozone are trace gases that account for about a tenth of one percent of the atmosphere.

Literally change any gas in earth atmosphere by 5% and you die

>same thing happened in prometheus and they still wore their suits when they landed

EVEN IF THEY SOMEHOW WERE 100% SURE THE ATMOSHPERE ITSELF IS SAFE THERE IS A FUCKING FLORA AND EVEN IF THAT WAS SOMEHOW GUARANTEED TO BE NOT DANGEROUS IT GUARANTEES THAT THERE HAS TO BE MICROORGANISMS

>b-b-ut alien viruses/bacteria aren't evolved to reproduce by using your body as a host!!!

Still doesnt mean they can't hurt u you fucking retard. same thing goes for the fauna

>b-b-b-ut they knew it was safe 100% because of the scans

Why did they equip the entire crew with guns then? Why did they all die then if it was so safe?

> basic fucking biology
> doesn't understand how biological organisms create chemical compounds that can fuck humans up

It's not the lifeform; it could operate in some random, non-DNA system (ignoring that Engineers have similar DNA to us)... but it can still generate chemical compounds that can kill. Imagine one of those organisms seeking out lead and mercury compounds and shoots it out as a defense mechanism. Wanna take that risk? I sure the fuck don't.

>thousands of crumbling engineers
>david tells them 'oops i accidentally killed em hyuck'

Oh my fucking god, you literally don't even have an elementary understanding of how disease pathology works. The reason the Colombian Exchange happened is because both continents had separate human populations that interacted with each other, you insipid little shitstain. This isn't fucking rocket science. Pathogens have a parasitic relationship with humans. Guess what that means? That in order for those pathogens to evolve, a human population has to exist. You need two to fucking tango.

And guess what's lacking on this planet? A fucking human population. How are any microbes going to evolve a parasitic relationship with humans as the host if there aren't any fucking humans?

You are so fucking stupid that I'm legitimately angry. And you have the gall to tell me I need to take a "7th grade science and history course". You are the worst, dumbest poster I have had the displeasure of conversing with in months. Die.

>when you fuck up the most important scene of the movie
youtu.be/-ENVlnK7U6c

I'm not completely sure but I think David might have had some similarities to Lucifer. I'm not completely sure, guys. I'll have to do more research.

This was after they'd landed though.

>the magazine down a dude's throat calling back to Ash
hoo boy

As usual, Sup Forums proves how fucking retarded they are.

>Imagine ONE planet having an organism that produces clouds of Solanine and/or Tropanes
>You don't know if they exist
I'm pretty certain that would be detected in the atmospheric readings.

ziptie the hands so they stay together when the body is being moved

>most important scene
lol really?

Some diseases pass from animals to humans and viceversa, you don't need a place with humans to get sick, you mong

>fuck up

It was perfect

I like how you conveniently ignored all the people disproving your utterly retarded >mmuh alien microlife can't even touch me argument and decided to write a wall of autistic test insulting one guy

Alien bacteria wouldn't do shit to humans you stupid idiot.

Explain.

Was thinking that might've been part of it, just seemed so grim

Kill yourself brainlet

The atmospehric readings said 95% like on Earth, imagine that 5% being stuff that kills you.

>Beautiful music plays as a tiny baby alien gracefully bursts out of the captain's chest
Yeeeaaah, no

We're seeing it along with David.
It's beautiful.

I still don't know why the girl that was locked in quarantine didn't start shanking the neomorph as soon as he popped out. Most of the newly burst critters are pretty slow and tired af.

they share common pathways of infection, aliens almost definitely wouldn't.

>"This planet is like Earth in absolutely everything but a 5%...therefore we're immune to any bacteria because it's only LIKE ON EARTH when it suits us"
You can't have like Earth and not lke Earth at the same time

Why do you think the computer is just listing it as a nondescript 5% and not analyzing exactly what that 5% is?

They aren't disproving that user at all. They're only reinforcing how fucking stupid you are.
>:

I thought that Oram's delicious brown waifu would be a kind of beacon of science and "SHIT.AINT.RIGHT" when she stayed to collect samples to see what was going on with the planet. But nah, nothing came of that, slipped in a pool of blood and got mauled by a chest-buster.

I'm gonna be honest I have Paradise Lost on my shelf like 4 feet away from me but I've never fully read it. The only line I recognized was the obvious serve in heaven, reign in hell.

not him, but the 5% would have been detected still. They would know what was in the atmosphere and if it was lethal.

What happened to her?

But aren't we supposed to not want the main characters to die?

I'LL DO THE FINGERING

>it already has members

How the fuck did they messed this up?

Seemed like rational behavior to me. It's not like he was a scientist.

TWICE. Those bitches slipped TWICE.

I bursted out laughing in my theater. A solid 5 seconds of laughter. Man I was dying.