DC is about to have more comic book shows on the air at one time than we have comic book films THIS DECADE

>DC is about to have more comic book shows on the air at one time than we have comic book films THIS DECADE.

youtu.be/-nXldPtZ1sg

All that is just one fucking channel.

Jesus Christ Based Johns how does the absolute mad man do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/limitless-being-shopping-894546
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shame Flash is the only one that's somewhat decent.

My mom loves Arrow for some reason, I think is mostly women who watch these shows.

And their only decent one is steadily dropping in quality.

I'm pretty sure more than 4 comic book movies have come out in the past decade.

And all of them are soap operas for teenage girls

It could be 5 if we had FUCKING CONSTANTINE

If anything you have to thank Marvel who has made the superhero genre so profitable with their movies.

Everyone wants a slice and since unlike Marvel they can't make movie WB/DC just makes cheap tv shows

iZombie
Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tommorow
Supergirl
Gotham
Powerless
#4Hero
Scalped
Prophet
Lucifer
Krypton
Scalped
Vixen
DMZ
Ronin
Amped
Unfollow
Red
Y:The Last Man
DC's Hero Project
Teen Titans Go
Justice Leauge Actio

Rising tide raises all ships.

Its why wotc said yugioh and pokemon were the best things to happen to magicWoops said Scalped twice

How does that reduce the number of comic book movies this decade to less than four?

Half of them arent even in production yet.

That was a lot of Vixen shots for someone that's just been in one episode of Arrow and one cartoon.

Where the fuck does Johns get the time?

TV shows are the new romcoms. Which makes Olicity make sense.

TOO MANY, FUCKING STOP

There is a point where too much happens. That was like 10 shows ago.

2 of those are cartoons and one an internet cartoon and others not even started production yet.

All of those are either out or in production thus
>about

pretty much.

Actually I think DC's multi channel style is a great way to counter so called saturation of the "bubble" in ways Marvels marriage to disney channels doesnt .

DC knows their ip is vast enough that they can have a property that fits any platform.

For AMC home of the Walking Dead, they give Prophet.

For SciFy, a sci fi channel they give Krypton

Fox gets the weird procedurals Gotham and Lucifer

For CW, a channel full of tokusatsu they have stuff like Flash and Supergirl

Machinima a "nerd lifestyle" channel gets the Starman based reality tv show DC's Hero Project and the niche Dial H show.

By breaking up there platform across channels and genres they give each show the best place to find a show and thrive.

DC could conceivably have a show on every channel.

She is getting a second season

>She is getting a second episode
ftfy

Please stop, Mr Johns, I'm tired of having fun!

>Prophet
Prophet is Image, you mean Preacher

Don't forget Preacher

>Y:The Last Man
>DMZ
>Scalped
>Prophet
>#4Hero

What?

Derp yeah

>DC could conceivably have a show on every channel.
Yeah, but then it's diluting its own brand. Especially when the only ones worth watching are Flash, Gotham and iZombie (I hear, I only watch the Flash out of these).

Seems like both DC and Marvel are throwing whatever they can at the wall, and it ends up generating one or two good shows by sheer numbers.

I'm trying to not start company wars, but Marvel has had their shitty plans cancelled at the order stage for the most part: Agent Carter, Most Wanted, Damage Control, etc.

The only thing they have left is SHIELD, which, although the last week has been fun with the non-canon schpiel, is actually a decent show. But it's biggest problems (little connectivity and even littler relevance) are going to hit DC even harder. In all of their shows there will be no reason to watch, because they are ultimately inconsequential and cash-grabby. Like SHIELD was until they saw it wasn't grabbing any cash and decided to actually work it, but spreading so thin will make all these shows get cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, and then the brand will start to be known as "the brand whose shows get cancelled"

I don't know. Seems like the wrong approach to this, on both sides.

>Gotham
you heard wrong

FX
ScyFy
WGN America
I meant Preacher sorry
Machinima

Maybe. But I'm trying not to judge something I haven't seen past season 1. I didn't like it, but I heard a lot of people do, so that's where I was coming from.

Problem is, they don't have recognizable characters to bring people in, and they don't have enough producer talent to make it work by being good. Heck, the Flash managed it, but had to trash all of the Arrow show for it.

How is that Brand dilution? Its Brand Colonializaton. Because DC is so vast it can develop programs is there ideal. Disney is struggling on ABC but when DC had trouble with Supergirl on CBS they ported it to CW.

All the pegs in the right holes. Anyone anywhere for any reason will have a favorite dc show.

All ages and genders and races.

The grandpa who likes westerns? Jonah Hex
Little sister with her cartoons? Teen Titans Go?
Whoever the hell keeps watching these procedurals? Gotham

Hell they even wormed into the work com sphere with Powerless.

DC is really working the "medium not a genre " stuff.

DC, sure.

DC's TV department won't be if they all suck for not having a clear vision and being approved by being the superhero shows that every channel wants but Marvel won't sell to them. Which it is in position to do, since it's the market leader.

Call me a cynic, but I don't see that happening too well this fast. I can totally be wrong, though.

Countless new shows come on every day without "recohnizable chacaters" DC is just making sure in the wave of pilots there are suitable ones based on dc.

If New Girl can get greenlit, why not Powerless
You have Bones why not Gotham?
Smallville, why not the Arrowverse?

>Call me a cynic, but I don't see that happening too well this fast. I can totally be wrong, though.

you sound like my housemate who is under the impression that cape films are dying off.

Because if they all come with the same logo and 90% of them suck (which they probably will, because they are being greenlit for being the cool new thing and not for being well-written), then the good 10% won't stand a chance. If they brought CSI:Jacksonville to a tv show, would you watch it? Even if it were genuinely great? Probably not.

I think that they are at their peak, and that saturation will come from TV. DC has already shat the bed, and so has FOX (although Deadpool might save them), and as soon as Marvel makes two shitty films in a row (and I mean, proper shitty, which they haven't really made one), it'll start to decline. It's not gonna die out or anything, but we'll see a lot more apathy towards it.

I'm also trying not to come off as a Marveldrone (which I kind of am), but it's undeniable they are playing the game better. But even then they are slipping on the TV side. Cloak and Dagger seems so out of nowhere, and I'm glad Most Wanted and Carter got cancelled before they got to go the way of arrow. Even if it was against their judgement, those were a blessing.

>but it's undeniable they are playing the game better

Oh I agree. I'm the biggest DC fag on the planet, but mahvel is blowing DC out of the water with films.

I disagree with you on the TV side of things though, I don't think they're going anywhere soon, nor are they as bad, quality wise, as the faggots around here like to cry on about.

I wish marvel would try a little harder with their tv stuff, but I can see why they don't really care.

Marvel has films and DC has television.

I honestly prefer watching SHIELD be a serial and building towards good finales than the Flash faffing around with villain of the week, even if I do enjoy both shows. The Flash doesn't hold well after the first watch, as it has a LOT of relationship drama, but I suppose that's up to different tastes, and SHIELD does the same with spy-tropes.

But besides the Flash, I don't feel that DC has any worth watching shows besides the connectivity.

i have a genuine question, this isn't meant to bash or flame or anything.

Why do CW shows look so cheap? I mean I realize they aren't very high budget shows but I'm not even talking about CGI or costumes, there's just this general aesthetic to the visuals that seems cheap.

now according to this graph Flash has a comparable budget to Better Call Saul, which is essentially if not the best, one of the best looking shows on TV. Flash sheds a lot of it's budget for CGI set pieces and doesn't have the same level of behind the camera talent but it still seems like they should have enough money to make the show look good.

This isn't just a Flash issue, all CW shows have this sort of indescribable cheapness that I really don't understand, I can only conclude this comes from network mandates on visual style.

Dropping? The last episodes of the Flash have been the best yet. The last episode was a giant 'fuck you' to how Arrow treated the Black Canary.

oh one more thing, it isn't the directors either, Flash's pilot was directed by David Nutter who was a major director on the X-Files and Games of Thrones, so they definitely do have people capable of delivering cinematic visuals.

They lost me on the power-stealing episode. It's just not as tight as season 1. Time-travel rules going out of the window also bothers me, perhaps more than it should.

It's also a lot of hype-based quality, as watching an episode a second time really highlights how little juice it has besides the beginning and the ending.

It's not bad by any means, but I'd say it's about neck-a-neck with SHIELD at this point, honestly.

Obviously your mileage may vary, and I am aware that I'm in the minority.

>now according to this graph Flash has a comparable budget to Better Call Saul, which is essentially if not the best, one of the best looking shows on TV

Better Call Saul has half the amount of episodes and no CGI setpieces. And Breaking Bad/BCS is cinematic in a way even most prestige dramas usually aren't, much less network procedural action shows. You might as well ask why every low-budget thriller film doesn't look like Drive.

Network TV is just getting to the point where more film directors and writers are willing to work on it instead of just jumping straight to cable. Not everything is going to be Hannibal or American Crime or hell, even Limitless and Person of Interest.

Being cinematic takes a lot of time, and time takes a lot of budget. Setting up the sunset shots and the wide angles and getting that perfect take means the shows get very expensive very fast.

I doubt the Flash does more than 2 or 3 takes for any scene. Hence the different schedules too.

>Better Call Saul has half the amount of episodes

but still comparable budget per episode and I doubt their shooting schedules are particularly different - BCS does have an unusually long post production time which is how they are able to make those elaborate montages.

I would never expect a CW show to look like Better Call Saul, but the point is that it doesn't take an extremely high amount of money to make a decent looking show - the Americans is a great looking show with half the overall budget. even other network shows (well maybe not CBS) tend to look better. And as I pointed out, plenty directors of the Flash have worked on high quality visual shows. I mean look at any given Fox or NBC drama, they still look less visually cheap.

*Smattering of tepid golf claps*

Conglaturations, WB. You can dominate the dying medium medium of television while Disney and Marvel dominate the future of streaming with Netflix and the Big screens at eveyone's local movie theatres.

>marvel droning this much

How much does Disney pay you?

See The money BCS/BB spends on those "cinematic shots", which are more expensive than the montages, the Flash spends on CGI, which doesn't look that great because it's a TV schedule, but it still hell fucking expensive, budget and time-wise.

I bet shit like the King Shark was shot 2 months before, thus altering the schedule a lot.

>Legend's of Tomorrow
>Fucking iZombie

And yet no Static Shock in sight! Get your legal shit together WB. I need live action Ebon

>My mom loves Felicity
FTFY

I feel like Better Call Saul is some sort of challenge to make the ugliest, most boring environments look as gorgeous as possible.

>and I doubt their shooting schedules are particularly different

That can't be true. Saul doesn't have to worry about CG, or large amounts of post-production ot even fucking costuming. Everything inside the show is cheap enough that they can focus on the small, important parts in a way something like The Flash can't.

>well, maybe not CBS

Someone isn't watching Person of Interest or Limitless.

>Limitless.

apparently no one is watching Limitless

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/limitless-being-shopping-894546

The BB exterior shots wouldn't make much sense in a lawyer drama.

That's why they have Mike.

Where are my DC Comics Animated Series ?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously none of these shows come close to JLU

Yeah that 3m figure is bullshit. Maybe the pilot cost that much, but every episode after would be lucky to get 2m

prove it

Think of it this way, Supergirl cost 3m an episode. Daredevil was about 3-3.5m an episode. You really think if they had 3m to play with, they'd shoot in Vancouver?

um
why doesn't marvel have any female heroes?

They cut on the visuals and the staging to put the CGI in. Netflix just bypasses this by not using too many VFX shots(besides the set extension and some of the fights), and instead has a better cinematography and writers.

Also, it has the freedom of not having to answer to advertisers and not having to hold back on offending grandmas.

They might. Certain areas have tax breaks and other incentives for movies and tv shows to film there.

>Jessica Jones
>Agent Carter
>Elektra

Justice League Action should get some news at SDCC hopefully

tv side characters :S??

They are all at FOX with the mutants.

Also:
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Gamora

Quake
Jessica Jones
Elektra
Agent Carter

Now, most of them suck, but they are there.

>Quake
Non-canon.

It's more than probable that all TV properties are non-canon, so that takes out Quake, JJ, Elektra and AC.

>Captain Marvel
She's as likely to happen as the Inhuman movie.

>this decade

thats only 6 years

>decade
>6 years

He means the past 10, you fucking mong.

Eh, I enjoyed Legends too. It had some good moments, particularly with Rory and Snart. Arrow has been pretty shit the past two years. Compared to this year season 3 was not so horrible but that's not saying much. We sure did fall a long way from season 2 Arrow. Flash has been good, Zoom was not as good as Wellsobard but it could've been worse. Only watched the pilot of Supergirl and the Flash crossover. Show is garbage.

90 of everything sucks anyway, this just lets dc get more out of the ten percent that does.
Its the tadpool effect
That and the fact one networks ten might be anothers 90. A show that sucks on NBC could be a hit on Spike and vice versa.

You seem to have the opposite defination of sucess. DC is dominating the tv side. Marvels only real good tv is on netflix dc has several healthy shows, some even succesful.

Theyve been doing this how many years and Constantine is the only thing that got cancelled( which I suspect was due to being on the wrong network)

They have a four series deal with Machinima too, they seem t be thriving

Jesus whats with Sense8

And there still has yet to be a good live action superhero show.

So no one mentioned that he listed Scalped twice?

Its coming.

But Hudlin is producing

Gotham season 2 is extremely fun.

Jesus christ shut up about non canon.

The tv shows and films are on different schedules and have different bullpens they're canon to the mcu like Slott spider man is canon to Lees run.

Hell we have SEEN Coulson Fury and the President, and also that guy that had to catch a boat and then he was on that boat in TWS

Just because the movies dont pay attention to the shows doesnt mean they arent canon

I mentioned it

Stop feeding trolls or get out of Sup Forums, mate. This is how For You got started.

He's a canon guy.

I want a 4 part crossover so bad

They shot in 8 cities, each main character has their own supporting cast AND it's got major vfx/stunt sequences. There's a really great 30 min behind the scenes video on netflix. The scale of production is ridiculous

But the shows are all shit now

Jesus christ thats excessive.

How did JMS and the Watchoski sisters get that kind of funding? neither of them had had a hit in years.

too bad Arrow and Supergirl are going to be cancelled next season. hopefully the wrap up LoT neatly if it doesn't get renewed for S3

>Sisters
I have some bad news

for you.

>CW
>Tokusatsu

They know how to pitch. You just need an exec that will believe in your vision. Sense8 is solid. It would've been huge like Heroes if it came out like 10 or so years ago

Oh god pls post all your krdk gifs amd webms I have looked every whete for them

Head of netflix is a big fan, he signed them after watching some absurdly long cut of Cloud Atlas

No he meant 2011-2020 is current decade that we're in.

>all these shows yet still no Static tv show

Being a Static fan is suffering

>Why do CW shows look so cheap? I mean I realize they aren't very high budget shows but I'm not even talking about CGI or costumes, there's just this general aesthetic to the visuals that seems cheap.

Economically, CW operates differently from the other networks, paying extremely low license fees for all its shows (which are all produced in-house, by either network partner Warner Bros TV or CBS), which recoup their resulting deficits through streaming deals and international sales. That allows CW to keep going despite low ratings.

To compensate, CW shows work with very low budgets. A majority of them film in tax-break locations, like Vancouver or Atlanta. That's why a lot of CW shows have a 'look', they shoot in the same locations.

Another limitation is the amount of sets. Notice how all the plot on Flash either happens in STAR Labs, Jitters, the police station, or Joe's house? They're going to get all the mileage they can out of these sets because budget.

Different tastes I guess, Flash is not perfect but it is watchable most of the time.

Meanwhile AoS bores me to tears, I also don't care much about the characters or Agent aspect DESU.

Half of that shit isn't coming out.

lrn2hollywood

He doing it for free which is sad.

Which makes me wonder why arrow and flash were put on the cw?

I actually think it works for them and if they were on a more expensive network the shows might be a bit more LOOK AT OUR BUDGET which might hurt the character interactions but in general I wonder what made them decide on the cw

Any people still keeping up with Gotham?

Goes from dark to camp every 5 minutes but it is just fun.

>Dat Mr Freeze
>Dat Firefly
>Dat Cat

Awesome stuff.

Penguin and Riddler are good as well.

What does the table on the right mean? Cost per each individual advert?