Black mirror season 3

I'm 3 episodes in and its nothing like the first 2 seasons at all. Is the second 1/2 any better or or should I not even bother?

Quit while you are ahead, the show got cucked

>season with 2x the episodes is awful

imagine my shock

The most popular episode was San Junipero, which is episode 4 I believe. But Sup Forums hates that one because they're contrarian alt-right neckbeards.

The episodes that are good are so good they put S01 to shame

If you didn't like episode 3 then definitely drop it, it was the only saving grace of the season.
Or maybe don't, maybe you'll be one of these queers who thinks episode 4 is god-tier for some unholy reason.

Nope, don't bother with them. I love the first two seasons of this show and was nothing but disappointed with the third.

what would those be?

san junipero is easily the best episode of the show

Last two eps of seasons 3 as re the worst two of the series

San Junioero and Shut Up And Danxe are really good though

If you want it to be like the first two seasons, then no, it doesn't get anymore like the first two seasons. That being said Shut Up and Dance was the most like the first two seasons an episode could be, so you might just be a faggot.

Yeah Sup Forums's such a shit placed filled with shit people, we should all just leave. You first. Ignore the fact that most people ITT are praising the episode you're claiming they hate.

people liked Shut up and dance? it felt like a cheap imitation of the first 2 seasons and made me give up on the series.

Agreed. Sup Forums collectively hates it tho

>tfw no mention of the based Christmas episode.

Everyone in this thread is saying it's different but nobody is explaining HOW it is different.

I liked that one a lot but I also like Jon Hamm in pretty much anything. Might be biased.

I hate watched San Junipero, and have to admit it was comfy, the best of the season, despite the elephant in the room.

>6
>good

Op hasn't finished the season, it's a little rude to discuss details.

welcome to Sup Forums

imo the only real difference is they clearly had more money to work with in season 3

Wow, I wish people were so polite with spoilers in other threads. I create a thread about a show I'm watching and state how far I am and the very first post is about the ending of the show. I quickly learned never to create threads until I'm finished, which is annoying when a show is like 12 hour-long episodes.

Anyway, I haven't watched this show at all but the OP post made me curious about what makes it so different. Feel free to tell me via spoiler tags if you want.

I see.

The first two seasons had more of a dark twilight zone feel, heavy with irony and statements about technology and our future. The third season had heavy handed SJW messaging instead. They tip their hand on the twists so you could see them coming a mile away. San Junepero was the only one that really excelled on a plot and character level.

Lost sight of the original vision. Seasons 1 and 2 are all about human interaction with technology and the effects it has on us (or rather we allow it to have on us) as people. Character studies with realistic tech (or an analogue of such) as the driving force. Now let's look at San Junipero, it's a nice love story between two characters but that's really it, there's no big question being posed to the audience, there's no exploration of an idea and how we allow that idea to change us, there's no black mirror. Episode 2 was just a horror story, 5 is just political, and 6 has no real idea what it even wants to be. Ironically Nosedive makes the most effort, and SUaD does it perfectly but only really because it's White Bear: Reloaded.

I think you just had bad luck. People are usually fairly respectful with spoilers, especially if it's a show that's currently airing. Tho shows like black mirror I think many user just expect people have seen it, so they spoil away.

>San Junipero
>nothing posed to the audience

Disagree. I thought it raised some points regarding our relationship with nostalgia and considering they invented a fake digital afterlife, it stayed true to the first two seasons.

Playtest (ep 2) was basically a love letter to Hammer horror films. 5 was the weakest (holy shit that blonde chick was annoying) and I haven't seen ep 6 yet. And I thought Sup Forums hated nosedive because they cant into social interaction, even thru their mobile device.

tl;dr keep going OP. Different eps speak to different people, as you can see.

San Junipero raised a lot of questions concerning life after death in relation to technology. Sort of like the episode in S2 where they can bring back dead people as robots. Its a lot of cool ideas concerning death and tech posed at the audience. And yeah, a love story. But a pretty lame one. I actually think the aesthetic and idea are the real star of that ep.

The fake digital afterlife wasn't explored and wasn't the driving force of the story, it was merely a setting. What questions regarding realistic tech we use today do you think it poses? There's some argument to be had for online communities, but again these are just part of the setting, not a driving force, not a focus of scrutiny, just flavour. The driving force is the attraction and eventual love the main characters share. It's a love story, no more, a very nice one but that's all it is. Plus any squandered potential the setting had is immediately made null by the fact it's a clone that lives on, not the individual.

maybe I'm just more of an atmosphere/setting guy then. I liked the relationship between the two chicks and it was nice to have a good end for once. I didn't think their circumstances needed any more explaining or deeper inspection. Like you said, the relationship was the center of the story.

Your second spoiler delves more into what makes an individual, but I'm too tired to wade into that one...

What elephant was that?

"Elephant" refers to the Republican party. He means it was enjoyable despite right-wing bitching about the episode.

The phrase "elephant in the room" does not mean the Republican party. Please do not shitpost, friend.

I really thought that was a good post that deserved at least a few indignant replies. Can you at make one post pretending to be mad at it, for my sake? Please?

shut up and dance is in that season right? you should check that one

To be clear, I'm not saying it's bad or people shouldn't enjoy it, just different to the first two seasons in those respects, which is what user was asking about. Same for episodes 2, 5, and 6.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, you worthless cunt.

>1
as fucking if

Hamm was good, plot was contrived, they'd already done something similar but way better in season 1. Also Brooker's obsession with adultery had got a bit tedious by that point.

You didn't like ep 3? Shut up and Dance is one of my favourite Black Mirror eps regardless of season. I also really liked Be Right Back from season 2.

It is episode 3.