Are East Asians just not cut out for democracy?

Are East Asians just not cut out for democracy?

Mongolia is a corrupt meme, North Korea is of course not, South Korea is super corrupt and ruled by shamans, China is as authoritarian as they have been for the last two millennia. The only one that could possibly be considered democratic is Japan, but the Japanese have a low sense of political efficacy and have basically been ruled by a single party state (pic rel is their logo) since WW2.

Other urls found in this thread:

eiu.com/topic/democracy-index
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

democracy is a meme

>implying two-party state is any better

China has been an legalist nation led by bureaucrats since it was first unified. The communist party is just a replacement for the imperial court, although more functional and less corrupt.

Democracy is the destroyer of the western world. The Asian countries are the only countries that are succeeding because they understand the foolishness of democracy and the importance of racial purity

DELET THIS

Is Marutei Tsurunen mentioned?

> Tsurunen served as a representative of the Democrats in the House of Lords of Japan in 2002-2013 as her first Western-born member.

It's a hell of a hell of a thing when you think about how dubious Japanese are foreigners. Sure Finland is a kind of exception, the older population knows and values Mannerheim and the Finns.

While there is an element of truth to what you're saying, the way you're saying it makes me thing you look like this

200 officers of varying rank in the PLA just got purged a few weeks ago for massive corruption. One general even killed himself rather than go to prison. Pretending the chinese system isn't corrupt to the bone is fantasy.

> Democracy is the destroyer of the western world. The Asian countries are the only countries that are succeeding because they understand the foolishness of democracy and the importance of racial purity

but those are both good things you mong, it's incomparable to what imperial china could or would do.
corruption is the main factor against development in east and south-east asian countries, Xi Jinping and his anti-corruption plan are necessary if china wants any chance at stability and security.

The rest of the Next 11 are also desperately trying to fight against corruption, and so far china seems to be among the better ones.

How's Taiwan?

you realize the purging corruption is just a cover for purging political opponents and opposition

shh... he doesn't know about the civil war between xi and jiang factions

yeah because we are basically mindless drones that exactly look alike

even as an asian i have hard time telling who is who in public spaces like subway and the fact that i'm one of them is making me want to consider suicide

>South Korea
>ruled by shamans

Explain

It's the latest maymay

toadman

going to need 5 explicit peer reviewed sources on this

eiu.com/topic/democracy-index
Anyway My country is regarded as somehow democracy...according to the economists Japan is higher democratic than US by 1 rank

actually, the Liberal Democratic Party was lost in the 1993 elections because of the Asian Economic Crisis. Their Gen Z's was also called as the Lost Generation of Japan

cunt, by "purging corruption" they mean "purging opponents". chinese culture is corrupt to the core, it's only considered an issue when it's inconvenient for the most powerful. they even spread that shit throughout asia, africa, and oceania.

One of the reasons Japan's been a practical one party state is that LDP, while usually classified as conservative, has (or had) various factions in it which functions as mini parties that satisfy a wide spectrum of political demands except extremist ones, ranging from liberal to conservative; and founded as a pro-US party, LDP's candidates were considered to be not (at least not full-blown) commie sympathizer or fifth column during the Cold War, which reinforced their supremacy for a long time. It was sort of like a Walmart of a party - you can get things that would do in one place even though the quality isn't best.

Also, speaking of two party system, it's ironic that pre-ww2 japan was one of those states consisting of two big parties called Seiyukai and Minseito.

well Korea is a 2 party state

I want to fuck my LDP supporting neo-conservative Japanese college professor in the ass and then impregnate her pussy with my Chinese dragon sperm.

yes it is

2016 killed any naive belief I had in direct democracy. Give me technocracy or give me death.

>dragon sperm

Cringe

Not so much any more actually...

The years 1997~2016 were an exception to most of South Korean history which has seen opposition movements extremely weak

>dragon sperm

Republicans are extremely corrupt. Democrats aint better but they tend to push for better social programs and such. Also democrats are cucks to north korea who think throwing money at kim would make them go away.

i'm a bad dragon

Who is gonna win the next election ?

Third parties are always cancer in korea.
Noone likes them desu.
I fucking hate liberals in general. Especially those liberal cancer gooks from jeolla and seoul.

SK has alot of shitskins and SEAniggers now tho. Funny in SK the republicans are more open to multiculturalism and democrats oppose it.

Gyeongsang dog get out

Everyone in korea now are liberal cucks moon is like obama who people think will bring change but in reality he wont do shit like all the rest of those democrat cancer retards.
My parents are actually from gangwon a rural republican christian province kkk.

We’re not exactly a paragon of democracy anymore. The US is the most powerful country in the world, so it lends itself to ambitious people attempting to use its power to their own gain. American citizens still have the ultimate say, but it’s become a battleground for every aflluent petsob in the world to try and coerce us to vote a certain way.

With that faulty logic you can say that the CCP is democratic because there are multiple factions within it.

The difference is, we have actually have alternatives and yet people prefer LDP as a sort of screening.

*have actually had

Yeah but they are still corrupt

Jiang literally chose Xi as the Hu’s successor though.

why is japan so goddamn infantile? why does everything need a cute little animal or mascot

because kawaii is justice

>only one that could possibly be considered democratic is Japan
I didn't realize the Yakuza were voted in.

They aren't insecure to admit that sometimes people can like things that isn't jacked up with hyper-testronoe because they fear of being called a gay.

I always vote for japanese communist party
How would you react if japan was ruled by it?

CCP has like five factions in it.

LDP Japan is not a full democracy. It’s a controlled democracy. The election results display that.

Wise words.
Nothing wrong with cute things unless you are insecure about your own masculinity.

Like this

Cute things are nice, faggot.

DPJ and Commies?
Great “alternatives”

It’s like calling the democrats “alternatives” in the USA. The GOP and Dems agree on 98% of policy (like fucking over the average citizen). We just see the stuff they disagree on.

If you aren't meming, I salute you comrade.

Yeah a lot of young Japanese people don't care or know about politics.

Not a country.

Rude.