This film was awful, and I'm having an autistic fit

This film was awful, and I'm having an autistic fit.

>Why did David kill the Engineers on the planet? What was his motivation for this?

>If this planet existed after Prometheus and there were Engineers living on it, then why did they never go back to the "Military installation"?

>This is the implied home world of the Engineers. Why is it so sparsely populated? Is this the only location on the whole planet that they were on? If this wasn’t the only planet why haven’t any other Engineers checked up on them?

>Why did the Engineers want to kill us? Ridley's off-movie explanation doesn't mean shit, since it wasn't in the movie.

>In the beginning of the movie they state that their mission was going to take them 7 years to get to their destination. Why when they ask MOTHER how long it would take them to get to Oragaei or whatever it was called, does she say 7 years? They find this planet, but it would still take them 7 years to get to the other one? How long were they on this mission so far? Two fucking days?

>Why is it never explained as to why the new planet just “showed up”

>WHY would they set all this shit up in Prometheus and then answer 0 of it. It’s part of the Alien franchise you say, not part of Prometheus’s storyline! Then why the fuck are we even having a movie about this planet.

>Why did they leave in the monstrously retarded shower scene in, but they take out the scene where Shaw is repairing David (which was shown in the trailer)

>Since it’s actually David on the ship in the end then why did he impregnate the guy with the burnt face with a Xenomorph? He’s on the ship, he has 5 good bodies, and thousands more to fuck with. What was the point of releasing it? SPOILER: NONE

Other urls found in this thread:

bigmuffpage.com/images/PROMETHEUS/Landing Field 4.jpg
scified.com/u/Landing_Field.jpg
avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Alien-Covenant-Final-Trailer-094.jpg
streamable.com/1gdgz
youtu.be/274lQSbpkRg?t=29m35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cont.

>Why are aliens now fully formed miniature versions when they are born?

>Why is an incredibly cheesy scene with David raising his hands with the Xenomorph in there?

>Why did retard man follow David down into the basement area, and also look into an egg even after David was acting sketchy as fuck?

>Where is all the Engineer technology? Why did David and Shaw’s ship actually crash? Where’s the floaty dock thing that David docked with in the beginning?

The movie picks up where Prometheus left off, answers zero questions, then has David going off to a new planet to play God. wtf

no refunds

because ridley scott is a hack

It's an exercise in Sci-fi gothic horror.

Ridley Scott doesn't care and neither should you

use the catalog next time faggot
>inb4 it's an autist spamming shitposts about Alien

I saw the other threads. I just needed my own autistic thread.

David is a dick because his father was a dick and he had no mother. May be a female robot in a male robot body. Its why hes so obsessed about "creating" life and envyous of women that can breed.

>Since it’s actually David on the ship in the end then why did he impregnate the guy with the burnt face with a Xenomorph?
The facehugger already nutted inside him before it was cut off.

>tfw you realize Damon Lindelof did nothing wrong and it was Ridley's fault all along
I'm sorry Damon

>muh plotholes

Not going to bother answering all that nitpicking but:
Probably because Ridley thought it'd be cool. There's your answer phagget.
Personally, I think it's great. Having a miniature alien break through its amniotic sac in front of its smiling father really gives conveys emotional bonding in a much more human way.

David knew this thought? Couldn't he have stopped it?

And how could David's genetic expiriments be responsible for the parasitic nature of the neomorphs and xenomorphs when pic related already existed.

why would you anyone want these horrifying monsters to be "humanized". the point is that you're supposed to be utterly horrified and hate them, not think "awewww"

True genius isn't about knowing all the answers. It's about knowing how to ask the right questions.

He wanted the aliens to kill the humans.

and how is he profiteering these experiments with fucking no instruments to help?

I don't think I'm nitpicking. These are big questions. There are lots of little stupid things that are in any movie, but there were a lot of big stupid things.

Go to sleep Ridley

You're asking questions that not even Ridley knows.
Relax and accept that the aliens franchise is just not that great.

Why do posters and critics always make these lists of questions for the typical films but never for marvel/disney schlock?

>Why did David kill the Engineers on the planet? What was his motivation for this?
they ripped his head off and he has obsession with creation and perfection, and there's some quotes of his about how you have to first destroy if you want to create or something like that. I agree his motivations weren't as clear as they could have been but he did have some subtle reasons

>"Military installation"?
you mean before Prometheus? and I don't know, maybe they were just civilian Engineers and had no real reason to go to a military installation. I don't think it matters much

>This is the implied home world of the Engineers. Why is it so sparsely populated?
Because that's just the way it is, do you really need a fully fleshed out logistical reason why they set it up that way?

>Why did the Engineers want to kill us?
I'm still asking that question too, but I doubt this is the last time we'll see the Engineers so it could be answered later on

>In the beginning of the movie they state that their mission was going to take them 7 years to get to their destination.
I thought I remembered it being 11 years, but yeah it's possible they could have only been in space for like 2 months or something, it would make more sense if they had FTL ships I guess but I don't know

>Since it’s actually David on the ship in the end then why did he impregnate the guy with the burnt face with a Xenomorph? He’s on the ship, he has 5 good bodies, and thousands more to fuck with. What was the point of releasing it? SPOILER: NONE
David didn't choose to impregnate that guy specifically, I'm not sure what you mean. When the two soldiers went in to retrieve the captain the facehugger attacked and impregnated one of them, remember?

>if David created the xenomorphs then how can there be xeno eggs on a ship with a "fossilized" Engineer?

Literally no good answer to this one.

Alien Queen got onto the ship at some point and laid eggs.

Ridley has retconned queens.

Alien takes place 18 years after covenant. I agree it's stupid because that engineer ship was supposed to be real old, but it's an answer to the question. And I guess somewhere in that time line the alien genetics change enough for the xenomorph growth to be slowed, instead of the near instantaneous growth we see now. Arms on a chest burster, really Ridley?

I think anyone going to see those types of movies aren't interested in them or care about them enough to go through them. There's no point in bitching about them.

>you mean before Prometheus? and I don't know, maybe they were just civilian Engineers and had no real reason to go to a military installation. I don't think it matters much

It was said that it was a Military installation that the Prometheus landed on. That base had been abandoned for 2000. Then they fly to a planet with with living engineers. No one checked up on them for over 2000 years?

>Because that's just the way it is, do you really need a fully fleshed out logistical reason why they set it up that way?

They gave literally no explanation. This advanced species with all sorts of advanced tech, and their homeworld is just a planet with one 2 mile colony on it? It's treating us like we're retarded.

>David didn't choose to impregnate that guy specifically, I'm not sure what you mean. When the two soldiers went in to retrieve the captain the facehugger attacked and impregnated one of them, remember?

You're right I forgotWell, I'm still ify on the idea that David created the Xenomorphs. He used Shaws eggs (I assume) to make them. And it's been proven that the facehuggers offspring is unique to the host.

Any if the creation if the good leads in some strange way to the creation of Xenomoprhs than perhaps the engineers were experimenting too, and were just transporting them? No confirmation that the ship on LV426 was a military ship.

hey guys GUYS

should i wait for the korsub or should i go to the cinema? is it worth it? everyone is talking trash about the movie, but at the same time, they literally cant stop talking about it, so maybe the movie is good but they are trashtalking because they didnt like the turn of events?

I havent seen it yet. Does it say what happened to Elizabeth Shaw? I saw she wasnt in the casting.

If you want. As much as I disliked it, I'm glad I saw it in theaters.

Yes they explain it

Ridley isn't canon

>Wanting coherent alien lore

AVP 1-2 on PC

Fuck off. Stop feeding the money machine.

Ridley confirmed for stage hazard only.

Civilizations decline. Empires fall.
2,000 years is a long time.

While I agree. They are a space fairing race with multiple planets colonized, or with at least some type of presence. Hell, they were ENGINEERING life on planets. It's just very hard for me to accept that a species that advanced declined. It's possible. But it just seems like a stretch.

>Why did David kill the Engineers on the planet?
Either to clear them out for his work to begin, or to use their biomass as a foundation for the black liquid to start doing its thing and eventually work up to the xenomorph

>If this planet existed after Prometheus and there were Engineers living on it, then why did they never go back to the "Military installation"?

Unclear but possibly for the same reason humanity in general is still around; the engineers changed their mind about eradication and never bothered to look into it

>Why is it never explained as to why the new planet just “showed up”
The planet didn't actually pop into existence. Also unclear, but either the black liquid spurred rapid environmental change to where the AI considered it a hospitable and viable location for a colony, or as the Captain explained it they missed it and the signal pulled their attention to it

>Why did they leave in the monstrously retarded shower scene in, but they take out the scene where Shaw is repairing David
It was an unimportant scene but I don't see how it's truly that big a deal. It didn't last long and it got some of the few remaining crewmembers out of the way

>Since it’s actually David on the ship in the end then why did he impregnate the guy with the burnt face with a Xenomorph?
He didn't, the facehugger managed to knock him up during the brief struggle in the ruins. Hence why he was willing to help kill it, it wasnt part of his designs

retcon probably. same reason as why they grow up so much faster now and facehugging is over a shorter time span, probably because it speeds things along and they didn't really have much to show in the time it would have taken for a chestburster larva to grow up

>Why is an incredibly cheesy scene with David raising his hands with the Xenomorph in there?
Displays gay android man's emotional bond with the xenos

>Why did retard man follow David down into the basement area, and also look into an egg even after David was acting sketchy as fuck?
Same reason every retarded Captain in this series breaks quarantine procedures when following standard protocols would have avoided literally every movie in the Alien franchise: its a necessary lapse in judgement for the movie to continue

>Either to clear them out for his work to begin, or to use their biomass as a foundation for the black liquid to start doing its thing and eventually work up to the xenomorph

I know this is the real answer, I just think David's motivation as a whole is convoluted and stupid.

>Unclear but possibly for the same reason humanity in general is still around; the engineers changed their mind about eradication and never bothered to look into it

Ok. But, WHY!! They ask a questions, the whole ending dialogue of the last movie asked this question, and they didn't even bother to answer it.

>the military installation planet has only one location on it and it just happens there's a living engineer hybernating there for 2000 years and there's also a functional ship and so on...

>the engineer "homeworld" only has one location on it and it just happens all the engineers are right there when David arrives so he can nuke them in one go

Etc..

More like Alien : Convenient

>Ok. But, WHY!! They ask a questions, the whole ending dialogue of the last movie asked this question, and they didn't even bother to answer it.

Understood completely. I think at some point in writing the film they got derailed and lost sight of what they were going for in Prometheus. It feels evident in the switch from the early "Alien: Paradise Lost" concepts to the "Alien: Covenant" we have now. The buildup of the film seems specifically engineered to acknowledge their setup from Prometheus but brush it aside to pursue the more Alien-centric angle they decided to go with

Your guess is as good as mine as to why they decided to switch focus the way they did, just going to have to hope they shed light on it in interviews or something now that its out

I completely disagree with you, the worm larva thing was way more disgusting, and terrifying.

In prometheus it explains that something was killing the engineers before they went to sleep. It's implied that it was their biological weapon and we can only hope that it was some kind of xeno killing them (though covenant kind of ruins that). So if a planet destroying biological weapon that you would actually need to run from, was accidently released on the planet it would probably be quarantined and they wouldn't go back there. That should've been answered in this movie. We should've have gotten a good, question answering, prometheus sequel instead of a good alien prequel.

Also it's really neat to think about when Ash is admiring the perfect simplicity of the xenomorph, he's admiring another androids work.

>people here still don't understand Prometheus

>implied home world of the Engineers
It was clearly not their homeworld. Just another test planet like earth. Besides the spaceship dock, wich was probably left over by the Engineers, they had like bronze age buildings and technology. Something occured to the advanced Engeneers 2000 years ago which whiped them out, as seen in Prometheus.

>why they never went back to the "Military installation"
The primitive test species inhabiting the planet wasn't able to space travel.

>why David killed the Engineers on the planet
David was alone on their ship for years. He must have studied their way of thinking. He became obsessed with creating. He states in the film you have to first destroy if you want to create. Also one of the Engineers killed his father, Weyland.

To start a war with the Engineers? The real reason David wanted was to start a war with them, but denying them any black goo?

So he attacked a colony of Engineers, and retrieved the black goo as the only way for his Human Evolving Project, the mankind would never accept his ultimate and final shape and form without having a huge threat that would get us near of extinction.

So the war started and the events about the Engineers arriving the solar system will be revealed in future Alien movies.

At the end, every human will get destroyed by the Engineer Armada, every human...less one, one that could live in the space, one that has acid as blood, and would look like a androidic demon...retrieving all the mankind knowledge in his huge cranium, the ultimate weapon against the Engineers, and the last remanent of mankind.

What movie did you watch?

I came from the future...and I have seen the last Alien movie.

was it kino?

I see you're a man of culture.

Scott is a fucking hack.

It's vague. What happened to Shaw isn't explained in details.

No...the acting was shit, the writing aswell and there were many plotholes, also greenscreen everywere...

>Shaw just died in the landing crash
>Shaw got experimented on by Dave
>years old intact dead body on the table

wow what a great explanation!
why make Prometheus in the first place if you a fucking retarded to actually continue it?

The worst things about this film were the action setpeices. I could have perhaps forgiven everything else but these were too far.
Who the fuck okayed the David/Walter fight and MC swinging around on the outside of a flying crane?

>implying you werent excited to see an X-Men vs Assassin fight

Why didn't Weyland just pour his own damn tea?
It was right next to him.

The beings on the planet weren't engineers, they were probably just another species created by the engineers who hadn't had the time to advance to human levels of technology. They wore rags and lived in stone huts, they couldn't have been engineers.

I'm pretty sure david is insane
so there's no point in trying to find a motivation for his actions
it's like pottery since we had a busted up android in the first film

>what was the point of releasing it
I think he was giving it a test run
his sigh of relief at the end of the fight could've also been a sigh of disappointment

Insane people are logical, from their own perspective. David's insanity was quite refined considering he spent a decade working on biological studies and was polite to his guests before killing them.

>Arms on a chest burster, really Ridley?

They always had small arms.

The Engineers created Jesus Christ (a special sort of Alien) 2,000 years ago and sent him down to Earth to teach humans secret knowledge and to enlighten their souls but humanity killed him.

The Engineers stopped creating Aliens until David (symbolic of Satan) was created by man and he took the forumula of the Aliens and used it for evil. Instead of creating Aliens that were meant to be intelligent like Jesus Christ, he made them to be dumb and simply killing machines.

Not that it actually needs explaination but there could be hundreds of cities on that planet. The Engineers there died too within minutes, hours due to the fastness of the virus. They had no reason to show those cities.
I think you are nitpicking at this point

Ridley said Jesus was an Engineer not a xeno

Movie was hilarious. I came in worried that it would at worst just be a complete copy of Alien, but once Michael Fassbender shows up with a flare gun dressed as a hobbit it becomes nonsense.

>Ridley said Jesus was an Engineer not a xeno

he also said that they didn't put that in Prometheus because it was a dumb idea

Stream link when?

Ridley needs to stop browsing /x/ and abovetopsecret so much.

My theory is this; David believes he's created the perfect organism but what he doesn't realize is that engineers came to the same conclusion. The xenomorph is the end of the evolutionary road. It explains the murals, and the ship on LV 426.

From other thread. should apply here
Definition of covenant
: a usually formal, solemn, and binding agreement : compact
… international law, which depends upon the sanctity of covenants between rulers.
a : a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action the deed conveying the land contained restrictive covenants
b : the common-law action to recover damages for breach of such a contract

> Being that dumb in not understanding the contract of creation such that you openly rush to it and display how you have broken it in front of your creators....

> Not understanding the severity of such actions
> Geting BTFO

> Claiming Dindu status.

> doubling down on the "Xenos are just misunderstood pets" rationale
I'll throw you a bone... That was a waypoint of isolated temples (there were 5) :
bigmuffpage.com/images/PROMETHEUS/Landing Field 4.jpg

scified.com/u/Landing_Field.jpg

The same structure was found on their 'paradise' planet :
avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Alien-Covenant-Final-Trailer-094.jpg

The engineers were covered 'goop/alien textured' skin suits. They had hazmat suits because they were biological engineers. This is considered to be their sacred craft : Biological engineering. It's dangerous stuff.. Have you ever been to a clean room facility or a hazmat lab that deals with serious chemicals or biological substances? It's serious business. They had shrines around it on their home planet. It's the seeds of life. Forces that can create can equally destroy.

In order for them to create, they ingest it and destroy themselves to spawn diversified life.

They handle it in secure labs by engineers who wear highly protective gear. The replay video showed it getting out and attacking their own engineers. What makes you think this was something being crafted for human beings? A weapon? Human tier logic.

Exactly.
>O'Bannon
>Cameron

Only people who matter here

why was james franco even in the movie and why did he ge burned
i imagine the design process of the cryo pods as follows
"what do we do if someone can not wakeup in like 2 minutes"
"idk burn them or something"
"ayy lmao"

> Why did David kill the Engineers on the planet? What was his motivation for this?
He wanted to be a creator/god and didn't understand what it entailed. He was a flawed emotional creation of human beings that didn't think it through and acted out of emotion.

>This is the implied home world of the Engineers. Why is it so sparsely populated? Is this the only location on the whole planet that they were on? If this wasn’t the only planet why haven’t any other Engineers checked up on them?
Seems they value things other than amassing huge populations and spreading like an unsustainable disease.

Their temples seem to be filled with and centered on creation and biological engineering.

>Why did the Engineers want to kill us? Ridley's off-movie explanation doesn't mean shit, since it wasn't in the movie.

They didn't. The prometheus planet was probably a showcase planet (5 temples) for their creations to come to and learn about how they create. The 'goop' is very powerful. It can create/destroy if mishandled. Creation requires sacrifice of an engineer. It decomposes of engineers and spawns genetically diversified evolving biological life. It killed the engineers in the lab when it was mishandled. The map that was pulled up wasn't dated. That is likely where the engineers went eons ago to spawn us. They weren't coming to destroy us. It was an old record of where they had already been

It was likely an engineered planet thus didn't register based on human's conception on how habitable planets form and are sustained.

> >Why did they leave in the monstrously retarded shower scene in, but they take out the scene where Shaw is repairing David (which was shown in the trailer)
Ridley seemed to want to emphasize the many ways man had fallen. Not the narrow cases of grace.

>Burnt face impregnation
happened on the planet

David didn't create the xenomorphs. Covenant isn't cannon, relax, it's just fanfiction.

Xenomorphs are mysterious extraterrestrial lifeforms found on an ancient fossilized ship with an even more mysterious captain. That's all there is to it.

A malfunction could cause a power surge then a component gets fried and something gets super hot inside of a closed probably close to pure oxygen environment, and boom you've got spontaneous combustion.

the pod was malfunctioning due to the star eruption

hurr durr

Ridley scotts head has gotten pretty cooked lately

KINO

streamable.com/1gdgz

>notice how the alien creature raises its arms in the same gesture as that alien in the mural of promethues which the engineers may or may not have been worshiping with the black goo.

i wonder how much they paid him for that 20 seconds

>dude error designs can't happen irl
youtu.be/274lQSbpkRg?t=29m35s

''Hey guys, lets design the air conditioning so that if something goes wrong, it shoots fire''

> Be human
> Be fucking around with genetic code in present day
> Be doing so in a hazmad secure facility with hazmad suits
> Make a mistake and peaceful genetically engineered sample gets into facility ..
> Hell breaks lose

Nothing suggests that this was a weaponized facility. It was likely a showcase/bio engineering site. There were 5 of them on the planet for prometheus. There was one at the center of town on the alien planet. The insides reflected that of a temple.. A sacred place.

What makes human beings think every powerful substance is a weapon? Doesn't this film comment on this flaw in our progression?
Stop it.

I think there are a great number of details to answer these questions.. It all depends on how you decide to look at them. It's obvious that the tards in the two separate films handled it like unadvanced animals and paid the ultimate price.

It's named (((covenant))) for a reason.

I haven't seen Prometheus since it was first released, did it have the whole ''David creates and thinks for himself'' angle? I just though he worked against the crew and did the whack shit because he followed Weyland or am i remembering it wrong?

Opening scene of prometheus .. Engineer sacrifices himself to create.

David like many commentators because of their own selfish world view took sacrifice to mean someone else as opposed to themselves.

David became obsessed with creation because that's what the engineers do. They create.

However, not wanting to sacrifice himself because he became infected with the lowly natures of humans that caused the engineer to bash them to bits, decided to sacrifice the engineers instead and create 'in his own image' like wayland. Being wayland's creation, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

The xenos created the engineers.

The enginers, in their arrogance, tried to recreate the xenos only to fuck it up an taint their gods into demons.

Just like W did with David.

POERTY

based user.
When did you exit?

Or from the past (is prologue).

God + servant complex.

Didn't they destroy the engineer ship in Prometheus? How the fuck did they get another one?

Also why did Shaw trust the robot that killed her entire crew?

sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo

any torrents/streams yet?

i want to rewatch some of the brutal scenes with ability to pause them

Makes sense which is why they rushed out the greet a rare and foreign arrival and had a temple which worshiped the engineers.

Dumbass emotional david shows up and blows them the fuck out thinking that's what the engineers wanted to do to Humans because arrogant wayland pissed one of the engineers off and showed the abberation humans had become.

^this desu. Interestingly, what drove his insanity was a focus on base level human emotions/desires the same garbage that dominated wayland's mind such that he uttered that foolishness in front of the engineer and got bitch slapped.

>freeze people for stasis purposes
>warm them to wake them up
>malfunction makes it add too much heat
>later models have some kind of regulator to keep it from going above a certain temperature no matter what

also this means they don't have to pay for actor likenesses like with Michael Biehn in 3, should Ridley decide Tennessee and Daniels aren't waking up in the next one.

David said there were multiple ships buried underground in Prometheus. You even see them taking off.

Shaw didn't know David poisoned her lover.
The decission of the Engineer, who he woke up, to fullfill his mission to wipe out earth wasn't his fault. Also he helped Shaw fleeing from the planet.

"The film clearly shows that Engineers created life on Earth and then guided humans throughout our development, one day hoping that we would come visit them. But we did something very bad. So bad, that it upset the Engineers. And according to the movie, whatever we did, happened two thousand years ago. The only thing that could be is that we killed Jesus, who apparently was an Engineer as well. Here is a quote from Scott: "If you look at it as an 'our children are misbehaving down there' scenario, there are moments where it looks like we've gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, 'Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.' Guess what? They crucified him." - Ridley Scott

Basic bitches watching these films that are even titled in ancient subject matter and not even doing an ounce of pre-reading to understand it. My guess is that all of the meaningful symbolism related to such things is literally flying over people's heads. I wonder how many athiest/theist watch these films and I wonder what their respective thoughts are.

>"Here is a quote from Ridley Scott" - Ridley Scott

Try harder, user. Here's the full quote:

>Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

>Ridley Scott: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

as in "we had this idea, but we dropped it. here's what the idea was...."

>It's treating us like we're retarded.
And there's your answer. It's really not worth getting that much into this because the furhter you dig the less you find. Just ignore everything about this movie and let it go.

>a (((little))) too on the nose

Do brainlets not capture that most sci-fi has strong religious undertones? Where do you think they get the ideas from? LMFAO.

There's a literal depiction of a crucified emissary in prometheus .. LMFAO

The structures are temples.
The Engineers wore cloaks.

All of the content is there, it is just put slightly out of reach for brainlets and athiests. Even after I quoted him, you felt the need to provide a bigger quote as if that goes against the original. Thanks for highlighting even more commentary from Ridley as to what is the basis of and what is reflected in the film.

He made sure it wasn't 'on the nose' for brainlets.
They still picked up on it which is why there was so much rage about Prometheus.

So, not even being able to handle the smallest portion of a red-pill, he blew brainlets and normies the fuck out in covenant by the hand of their own creation.

> as in "we had this idea, but we dropped it. here's what the idea was...."
As in, he made sure it wasn't on the nose.
It seemed to have worked because you still don't see it.

Why didn't David just fly the ring to Mordor?

because he cant become god in mordor

He used Shaw's eggs, dumbass. She was the first queen.