Why do you keep calling me Bill? My name is Lenore, silly. I've come back because...

Why do you keep calling me Bill? My name is Lenore, silly. I've come back because, I love Bill sooo much and I really missed him!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CezOHqlXAFY
kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/The_Peggy_Horror_Picture_Show
youtube.com/watch?v=-zhryXj8tps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had a bad dream, I dreamt Lenore came back and stole Lenore and then Lenore drove off with Lenore and I ran down the street after them and I yelled Lenore!, Lenore! and then my teeth fell out... oh yeah Peggy you were there... can I sleep in your living room?

You are a gross man.

You don't know who I am but I know where you live!

Tennis.
TENNIS.

DUSTY OLD BONES

Dale, is that you?

Could I borrow some gas?

I WAS LISTENIN

BOGGLE?

I wonder how the show would have actually approached a transgender issue.

Guessing Hank would probably say that HE doesn't find it right, and that there will always be people who are like him, but that he knows it'd be un-American to deny someone their freedom or some shit.

>Why do you keep calling me bitch?

youtube.com/watch?v=CezOHqlXAFY

honestly these people are just having a moral panic, and their thinking if trans people can use bathrooms this some how legalizes rape.

I think hank would see through it. also hank was never a super religious nut, he fought the lady that wanted to end Halloween as a pagan devil worship holiday.

and to at least some christians, all this arguing about lgbt issues, comes off as horribly hypocritical, because these people are fighting so hard because of "muh religion" against lgbt rights, but where are they to picket regular old everyday fornication, which the bible is also opposed to, but they aren't refusing to bake cakes or rent marriage venues to people who had sex before the marriage, or people who have been divorced repeatedly,

it's just picking and choosing, and fighting gays because you hate gays, the religion aspect is just window dressing.

and because hank always seemed to take people as they were, and didn't hate people because of the 'group' they were in. I don't think he'd fall for all that bullshit.

>and their thinking if trans people can use bathrooms this some how legalizes rape.

Wait, they seriously think it would lead to rape?

Like I said, he'd probably be accepting of a person expressing their American rights, even if it's for something he can't quite understand. But yea, he'd probably shut down all the morons who just parrot "Stop being oppressive!" and call them out for being nothing more than drones jumping on the "bandwagon" because it makes them feel right.

People think that rapist will just say they are this gender or that gender to get in the bathroom and rape somebody.

the slogan their using is "protect our women and children"

and if you talk to them they all say the same thing boiling down to, if a person with 'male' on their birth certificate is legally allowed to use a ladies room, rape will be common place and legal.

you don't have to read too many articles on the issue or watch too many interviews to see how much of a moral panic this is.

yeah that ep with bill is totally different, because bill isn't suddenly openly trans, he's having a mental fucking breakdown. it's not an identity issue he's struggled with all his life, and hank knows that because they've been friends all their lives.

Well of course, I don't think anything was thinking that, the comic was just parodying the scene and throwing an unrelated (to the show, that is) topic.

That's not panic, it's idiocy. How can they be this stupid and think rape is something as simple as indirectly invading someone's privacy?

right. he's not saying he's a woman who happens to be named Lenore, and who is expressing the gender identity he feels he has, but is still the person who was a footballer with Hank and worked as an Army barber. He's claiming he is some weird, idealized version of his ex-wife. A wholly different person.
It would have been just as unhealthy if he saw how Peggy coddles Bobby and decided he was Bobby Hill.

they don't. They actually think transwomen are going to put their penises inside the vaginas of women and girls who are "unprotected" in the bathroom. or that men who aren't trans will "take advantage of the rule" to, again, walk into the bathroom and commit actual literal rape, not just invasions of privacy.

Because there is a magical force field that keeps rapists out of women's bathrooms the trannies are trying to disenchant.

It's basically the same logic as banning minorities from your store because you want to prevent shoplifting

>or that men who aren't trans will "take advantage of the rule"

How do they even think this? Ladies rooms are for LADIES. I don't think even a feminine looking man (not even trans) would be able to say "I'm totally a woman" and waltz in.

The sudden appearance of a rape epidemic is highly unlikely, but there is a legitimate concern regarding the possibility that these rules can be exploited such that someone will ill intent can get into a place they normally wouldn't. I mean if a pedophile masquerading as a tranny gets into the women's room to spy on little girls, even if he doesn't touch them, isn't that something that should be stopped?

without the law
"I'm totally a transwoman, don't shame me for not passing"
with the law
"I'm totally a transman that was a born a woman and is required to use this bathroom"

Okay, first of all, you do realize that Transmen are a thing, right? so you'll have heavy, bearded 5'8'' dudes walking into the women's room because they have vaginas. Do you think that will make these women and girls feel safer than some other woman in a skirt who has a penis pissing in the stall next to them?

because that's the alternative you propose: transmen, who look like men, waltzing into the lady's room. All a pedo would have to do then is say "oh, I have a vagina"

Well for one, most little girls are accompanied by their mothers, not like you see a four year old kid of either gender going completely unsupervised. And it would be difficult for someone to try and listen/peek on someone without it being obvious. Even then, that wouldn't be rape, it'd just be creepy. It seems these people are just jumping to conclusions without any real logic or actual forethought.

>mfw this fucking bathroom issue could have been avoided if christians were taught to love themselves instead of hate

I can't imagine where people would get the silly idea they should feel hated.

Sorry, that's sarcasm.
There's plenty of that in privilege politics.

Wasn't there an episode where Peggy became really good friends with a tranny or were they just drag queens?

drag queens.

Can't a pedo just say "I identify as a woman" and get in? I mean they can't stop him, because they can't question his statement or risk legal action. Essentially it boils down to are the service staff willing to call someone's bluff to the tune of a potentially expensive lawsuit.

Pretty sure they were just drag queens, though I think some were implied to be really into it that they probably would have opted for a legit change if they could.

No, they couldn't. A full on male pedo would never be able to just bullshit that easily, considering very few transmen look exactly the same as they did before becoming women. As for female pedos, aside from them being not nearly as prominent as male ones, there's still the point that most little girls are accompanied by their mothers/relative/guardian. Only girls any creep would get to spy on would be girls old enough to go alone or ones of legal age. Even then, it's kind of difficult to spy on people in the bathroom without someone else noticing.

kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/The_Peggy_Horror_Picture_Show

>In the scene when Peggy cried after learning she was mistaken for a drag queen, she ran to the restroom only to learn it was a uni-sex restroom which makes her cry more.

kek

Without the law a pervert just has to say "I identify as a woman"
With the law a pervert just has to say "I was a born a woman"
Either way asking a person to give up private medical documents, or submit to a genital inspection or something is legal disaster waiting to happen, and nobody would risk it. A "rapists aren't allowed to enter here" law doesn't make any sense, because it's not like a rapist isn't already going to be breaking the law anyway.

The funny shit is, it's not.

>considering very few transmen look exactly the same as they did before becoming women
Most people who are transitioning look terrible and don't really pass
MtFs moreso than FtMs because non-passable FtMs either look like bulky chicks or unfortunate dudes

Why does it even have to be transitioning? The rules don't even state anything regarding that. A man or woman could just say "I identify as X" and get in. They don't have to be transitioning. It's based on their personal feelings that service staff have to respect or face penalties.

Even then, there would be ways to tell if they're legitimate trannies or not. And in the case of trannies who are creeping, the fact remains that creeping inside the bathroom itself isn't as easy as say hiding camera equipment or peeping from outside (vents, holes, etc.) as most bathrooms are designed to avoid people finding such loopholes.

Pretty much this. It's not like people would then be demanded to provide proof of their gender (either the natural one or whatever shit they have turned it into).

Because it's not that easy. If it were, people would have been doing that already since the whole "I identify as a sippy-cup crafted on Mars" is already something most people try not to get mixed up with when some of the more obnoxious prats come around. Seriously, right now, anyone could say "I'm the opposite gender, let me in" and probably not be given crap with the climate we're currently in.

But thankfully most people aren't that fucking stupid to be fooled so easily by a flat out lie.

you couldn't before, either, since they could also just be hairy and ugly.
If you want to completely avoid legal action, you can't ever call anyone on anything ever. This law doesn't change anything. It just actually codifies the thing that trans people were already doing, because you aren't ever looking closely enough to see who is using the toilets in one of the stalls.

Transwomen don't rape ciswomen. transwomen forced to use mens rooms do get raped however.

When it's an unspoken social convention, there's no concrete rules that can be bent or abused, since there is no federal protection for someone to hide behind. Now there is, and since the entire premise is based around feelings and taking someone's word for it, there will be abuse. It's like loopholes in the tax code; they're there so some people will abuse them. Also can you prove that if tranny women are forced to use the mens room they are at risk of being raped?

Then just make all bathrooms unisex. People need to stop being so whiny about having special spots for their genders. If a man can dress up like a chick without necessarily being a pre-op or a full on drag queen, why not just cut out the middle man and remove gender specific locations?

this. just like if all the fags want special marriage rights just stop giving out special rights for marriage. it's already kinda unfair towards single people.
it's not like you need to hide when you go to the goddamn bathroom, you're just excreting. it's already pretty private.
what is this deal where people think anyplace you have men and women together theyre gonna start fucking? in what universe do men not immediately leap on and attack any man who molests a woman in a group setting?

Because trannys are only 0.03% of the population and the incredible overwhelming majority of people would be absolutely opposed to that.

it's not happening any more frequently in places where the law allows trans bathroom use to begin with. (in the US there are a few states that have had this law for well over a year)

secondly trans people didn't just appear from space yesterday, this shit has been here as long as humans have been on the earth. there are at least two guys I've read personal first hand accounts of fighting at the battle of the bulge with women's underwear under their uniforms.

trans people have already been doing this for decades or more, and are currently doing this.

and perverts using bathrooms to rape, assault, or spy on children or women is already a thing that happens with or with out the law, and the law isn't going to make it legal or any easier.

it's already illegal, and the law isn't going to embolden people to do it more, if your the kinda guy that loves hiding in a restroom and spying on/raping kids. chances are your already doing that.

And the changes of a tranny just being a pedo/rapist is just as low because nobody is that lowdown to change their gender just to make it "easier" to get into the bathroom and rape.

They don't have to change their gender or even want to in the first place. That's the issue, they can just say they identify one way and there's nothing the staff can do, because that's against the rule. You have to take what they say at face value or risk teh possibility of legal action.

No we don't. Because nobody has tried to do this. Even without the law, people could already feasibly do what you're suggesting, but clearly haven't because of several reasons.

And even IF someone tried to take legal action, their case would literally fall apart the moment it becomes obvious they were just trying to use the opposite bathroom to creep on women.

>Even without the law, people could already feasibly do what you're suggesting, but clearly haven't because of several reasons.

Yeah, because people would tell them to cut the crap and use the proper restroom. That's no longer an option.

What crap? If a trans who became a man need to go, they use the MENS. And if they became a woman, they use the LADIES.

I may not see the whole "inner turmoil" these transgender people have, but I'm not about to say they're full of crap when they try to use the bathroom corresponding to their current gender.

>I mean if a pedophile masquerading as a tranny gets into the women's room to spy on little girls, even if he doesn't touch them, isn't that something that should be stopped?

Because it's perfectly normal for non-trans people to spy on children.

I'm not your original conversational partner, but I am your linked post.

But this law -- to the best of my knowledge -- isn't about post-op people or whatever. It's just as long as you claim you're X.

I agree with the previous suggestion that bathrooms should be unisex anyway, desu.

But I'm an objectivist. 1 or 0, true or false, etc. I know people always respond "But only a child views the world in black or white!" but some things really are that simple. In virtually all but a statistically negligible number of cases, you are either a male or a female. XX or XY. Feeling some type of way doesn't change that no matter how much you hope beyond hope that it does. Being unable to get over that is a sign of a mental illness.

Does that men transgendered people are raving psychopaths? Of course not, just like people with depression aren't axe murderers.

But if your mental condition is abnormal (which nobody is arguing) and maladaptive (which I've read and seen to be the case in more transgendered people than not), it's an illness. I wish them the best nonetheless, but don't think coddling people's feelings is ultimately a viable treatment, and I hope we find a better one.

Sir I love duty. Call of,Duty.

YOU DONT LIKE GIRLS?

Except it literally says transgendered people. They would never pass a law just for the loonies who claim to be Tupperware full of pixie sticks.

Yeah, by X I meant in the context of male or female, user.

>But this law -- to the best of my knowledge -- isn't about post-op people or whatever. It's just as long as you claim you're X.

The status quo has been that there weren't any laws policing which people go into which bathrooms. The new laws that are being made/proposed are laws banning people from entering bathrooms that don't match their birth sex.

So with the government now being involved in this, could someone use the "I identify as a woman" excuse to get out of a draft?

They'd have to go through the long process of seeing a therapist and getting their name and gender legally changed. And by that time they've probably already signed up for selective service. I have a friend who transitioned from female to male and he had to sign up afterwards.

Or the one that they now have changed to. It's not like transgender have their birth certificate rewritten to say they were always whatever gender they changed to.

It actually is an option to get your birth certificate changed.

There would still be evidence to show the person was of a different gender originally. They can't hide/remove this fact for numerous reasons.

And how will this be connected to deciding which bathrooms people go in? Are we going to have cops outside each door checking people? Are people going to have to carry around their birth certificates plus extra papers to say whether or not they're trans?

I like you. You can come over and use my bathroom anytime

Why is it so easy for chicks to look like dude but not the other way around? ftm chicks almost always look manly as fuck

Testosterone is one hell of a hormone.

Why are you jumping to this conclusion? The fact remains that even if a person changed gender, the evidence of their original gender isn't going to be scrubbed away. Only time information is scrubbed clean is with shit that really matters like life history and actions upon humanity, not fucking gender.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zhryXj8tps

This whole bathroom thing is stupid as fuck. A law either way is retarded, just let the store or whatever pick the policy

Changing bathroom laws over feelings is retarded.

There's no reason to even have separate bathrooms if they're just going to let anyone in any bathroom. I'm not saying people are just gonna come out and abuse it like crazy, but when you're getting to a point where you can just claim to belong in the other bathroom, there's no reason for them to be separated. At the end of the day gender identity isn't what separates the bathroom as much as Tumblr would like to say it does.

Like, if bathrooms become unisex, whatever, I wouldn't really care. But don't just pretend the bathrooms are separated by sex if they're not.

Pretty sure the point of the law is to help people being discriminated against. Since apparently there are schools that want to make bathrooms for trans students, which is just retarded. If they're a "man" or a "woman", just fucking let them go in. The odds of them doing creepy stuff is like a million times less than them actually needing to take a shit.

The only changes in the law are the new laws like the one in NC that bans people from using the bathroom that doesn't correspond to their biological sex. The trans supporters are trying to keep the status quo and fight the change.

DAMN IT, DALE!

>transwomen forced to use mens rooms do get raped however.

Fucking source. And not some advocacy group, either. They're all like the KKK to me. Give me something concrete, here.

this was a KotH thread at one point

Why do you keep calling me BITCH?

Thanks janny, you're doing your job.

Oh come on. The discussion wasn't all that bad, far more civil than what you see with most boards discussion news shit.

>deleting posts in a dead thread

Not Sup Forums even if it's civil.

But Sup Forums is plenty civil at times

>they aren't refusing to bake cakes or rent marriage venues to people who had sex before the marriage, or people who have been divorced repeatedly

I wish people would stand up to these degenerates too.

>snake bobbeh

>get warned for harmless discussion

Oh go fuck whoever of you did that.