RAGNAROK

>Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2016/05/20/thor-ragnarok-adds-cate-blanchett-jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-and-m/
marvel.com/news/movies/26203/marvel_studios_confirms_stellar_new_cast_members_of_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok?linkId=24717779
comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/batman-star-michael-keaton-now-in-final-negotiations-to-play-the-a141898
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Grandmaster

Thanos tie in confirmed.

Source: comicbook.com/2016/05/20/thor-ragnarok-adds-cate-blanchett-jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-and-m/

I am actually pretty hype for this.

Also returning cast:
Thor’s new cast members join returning stars Chris Hemsworth (“Rush,” “In the Heart of the Sea,” “Ghostbusters”) in the title role for the fifth time; Tom Hiddleston (“Crimson Peak,” “The Night Manager,” “Kong: Skull Island”) as Thor’s adversarial, adopted brother, Loki; Golden Globe® and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Idris Elba (“The Dark Tower,” “Luther,” “Beasts of No Nation”) as the Asgardian sentry, Heimdall; and Academy Award®-winner Sir Anthony Hopkins (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Nixon,” “Hitchcock”) again portraying Odin, Ruler of Asgard.

No Sif on the list. Weird. No Portman as well, though.

Proper source:
marvel.com/news/movies/26203/marvel_studios_confirms_stellar_new_cast_members_of_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok?linkId=24717779

Thank you based Waititi.

>Jeff Goldblum as an Elder Of The Universe

Is is wrong that I'm hyped for this?

Both Iron Man and Cap have at least one good movie, surely this will be Thor's good one.

Can this movie save MCU Thor from being kinda lame and boring?
Nope.

>Karl Urban as a bit character
He deserves so much more after all the shit Dredd 2 has been dragged through.

>no Jane and Darcy
THERE IS A GOD.

GIANT HAT
GIANT HAT
GIANT HAT
Also, holy shit, Dredd is gonna be the Executioner?

>No Enchantress
>Skurge Karl Urban
Uhhhh.
>Hela
SKURGES LAST STAND HYPE?

I think the fact that Portman is no longer in Thor is a strong indicator that Marvel might know what they're doing with Thor now.

I holding judgment until a trailer hits, but it does sound promising so far.

THIS CAST

THANK YOU BASED MARVEL

>Karl Urban Scourge
ohhh yes

Darcy was fun.

>That Hela costume
COMPLETELY ERECT

Fuck me I don't want to get hyped but I am.

What character would you think be a better character for him?

Doom

You forgot to mention that Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are returning as Heimdall and Odin, respectively.

Also, will Hela be Loki's daughter still?

Walt Simonson Thor is *the* Thor.

Sorry, Lee/Kirby, you get credit for the creation but it wasn't fully realized until Simonson took it to a higher level, and every writer since has been trying to recapture some of that magic.

But Star Trek

They translation Skurge last stand scene to the big screen. Urban does the narration.

Judge Doom?

>Skurge survives through the end of the film
>Does his last stand in Infinity War

Hahahahaha

>Skurge joining the Masters of Evil in the post credits

Marvel has been aces with their casting lately.

If this happens in the movie my erection will pierce the movie screen.

>No Beta Ray Bill

I knew it was too much to hope.

Huh, I thought that Hopkins said he was out of the series after the second one.

You'd best be prepared to do something about this boner you just gave me.

>Make Cate Blanchett wear that thing
>Hemsworth still won't wear his helmet
THERE'S NO FUCKING JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD!!!

>Goldblum
>Kal Urban

alright, my dick is officially diamonds.

>bit character
>skurge

he stood alone at Gjallerbru

So are they going to give Hulk Asgardian armor? Because that could look pretty neat.

More stuff:

>Feige confirmed that Natalie Portman will not be in Thor: Ragnarok, adding that her absence is for "many reasons, many of which are in the film, so you will see that." One of the major reasons, according to Feige? Thor: Ragnarok takes place mostly in space:

>"But there are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie. Majority, 95 percent of the movie takes place in the cosmos."

>"Tonally and geographically, there are a lot of different planets in Thor: Ragnarok outside of the Nine Realms that we visit, and I'm excited to share what's going on. But it's a long way out. We start filming in July."

Just have to wait a bit more then Best Loki will be born.

And by doing do can't be in future movies.
They'll be lacking without based Urban.

I want Thor to stay with Jane and just have her not appear any more. This is for two reasons.

Reason a) I don't care for a new romance interest plot. Especially since we'd have to deal with sulking Thor first. MEH

Reason b) I really want her absence to be obvious as the result of "I think I'm too good to play in your comic movie, even though I'm not doing anything worthwhile elsewhere" Same with Paltrow.

I assume you mean pic related.

thats a worthy sacrifice if they get that sequence on film.

Simply because of how lackluster the first two Thor movies have been, I'm 90% convinced this will be amazing.

>Iron Man: 1st movie was the best
>Cap: 2nd movie was the best (debatable)
>Thor: ????

Sif might appear too after all.

Skurge
>Judge
>Jury
> "Executioner"
Ooooooh my god can this casting be even more perfect

Third movie and still no ulik. I wanna see him go toe to toe with Thor using them uru knuckles

I gotta say, this cast is stacked, but in a very weird and unnique way. I mean, Doctor Strange has a murderers row of actors, but they make sense. They could be the cast of a Harry Potter or a Sam Mendes and it would work in either case. And Black Panther has it's shit so together that everyone thinks its a surefire hit already. The Black Fucking Panther! No one really thinks its a financial risk with its crew and hype machine in full swing (domestically at least).

But jesus christ this Thor movie is wild. Marvel watched What We Do in the Shadows and said "Who wrote and directed this? That weird effeminate vampire? GET HIM ON THE PHONE, WE'VE FOUND OUR GUY FOR THOR." And this cast is fantastic but all over the place. It honestly reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy as their cast was being announced (Chriss Pratt! Dave Bautista! Glenn Close! John C. Reilly!). There's just no telling tonally or thematically or anything where this movie is going to go. It feels... like an indie movie, really. It feels like the riskiest Marvel movie since Ant-Man, and I am HYPED.

>Thompson get dumped in the end for Sif
Please Marvel

I think the reason why he doesn't wear it is he said it smashes down onto the bridge of his nose during filming a lot.

But surely they can develop a solution.

Not Ragnarok, but still some MCU Casting new.

>Michael Keaton in final negotiations to play the villain in Spider-Man

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/batman-star-michael-keaton-now-in-final-negotiations-to-play-the-a141898

Seems like he changed his mind after all.

I disagree.

What's more bizarre is that he's the first Marvel director to have appeared in a DC film, considering that he was Hal Jordan's best buddy in Green Lantern.

though if I recall correctly Jon Favreau was an extra in Batman Forever

>Goldblum is the Grandmaster

I am 100% okay with this decision

>Ragnarok takes place mostly in space
>Majority, 95 percent of the movie takes place in the cosmos

Confirmed for being a billion times better than Thors 1 and 2, Portman or not.

Osborn or don't even bother.

>yfw a Thor movie will be more watchable than Dr. Strange

Shit I just realized all the new movies are going to set up Masters of Evil for Phase 4 aren't they?

THANK YOU BASED GOD

>Dredd is Skurge

Goddamn right.

>Keaton
>played Batman
>Birdman
And now
>Vulture

wait, i know about the rumors but is hulk ACTUALLY confirmed for this?

That's chaos theory.

Yes.

I think DS's cast is still better than this.

I'm ready for Phase 3.

Yes.

He wasn't announced here because he was announced long ago.

>Karl Urban
So I guess he won't be in Aquaman as rumored. Shame.

>implying Skurge isn't gonna fuck Sif since theres no enchantress around.

It seems like every movie in phase 3 outside of Guardians 2 is going to have a crossover.

>osborn
>again

nigga thats awful

All phase 3 marvel movies are pretty stacked with talent, so far.

Heck, Civil War might be one of the least Oscar winner cast (Tomei, Hurt and Rash (kek)).

Cautiously optimistic about this

How in the fuck am I hyped for a Thor movie.

I know what the last two were but somehow I have hope again.

is Valkyrie in it?

Im looking forward to seeing this blonde goddess on screen

Guardians 2 is almost certainly going to set up Captain Marvel somehow

We already got Klaw, Zemo and Skurge. Who's next?

Did, did you seriously not read the OP at all?
Are you that retarded?

>Blonde
I have bad news for you

yeah
she's black now lol

>wanting Karl Urban to be quarantined in the DCEU

did you even read the OP?

>this scrumptious buffet of man meat may be in Avengers: Infinity War

>>"But there are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie. Majority, 95 percent of the movie takes place in the cosmos."
FUCKING FINALLY

I'll be laughing when they make her wear a blonde wig.

THAT FUCKING CAST

Baron Mordo, maybe?

And Abomination is still hanging around.

Whirlwind might show up in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Were any Spidey villains on the Masters of Evil?

Im on mobile, I can't see past Goldblum, I did a ctrl + f of valk, no one mentioned it.

is she Loki's daughter in the comics?

Everyone wants on the Marvel fun bus. You get to be in a big movie, usual playing a character you'd never get to play otherwise like some crazy villain, and it impresses your kids.

>. You get to be in a big movie, usual playing a character you'd never get to play otherwise like some crazy villain, and it impresses your kids.
You also get paid a shit ton of money.

>agents of shit
>netflix shows
>CANON

Hold me Sup Forums I'm pretty hyped for every following Marvel Movie like look at the cast of Dr Strange and now this

Batroc?

Moonstone

>Were any Spidey villains on the Masters of Evil?
The Beetle (later Mach-I), but there is a slight possibility that Fox has him since he debuted as a Human Torch villain

They also have a pretty good track record of not bombing critically OR financially, so you're usually covered for that too.

>no portman
>mostly space
>hulk
>chef goldblum
This is all great so far, now confirm Sif is the love interest and it's lined up to be a good Thor movie.

>they're actually giving Hela her crazy helm
Nice.

You're both wrong about best Loki.