Wtf is this writing system

I can read most scripts including
Latin, Greek, Indic base (Devanagari, Thai), Chinese, Korean, Japanese of course but I can't fucking read Arabic.

I've I attempted many times but the sounds and everything is too fuckng alien. Wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/culture/story/20140414-americas-best-selling-poet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It just says "arabiyyat" or something like that.

Don't worry, they can't read it either. Most muslims are illiterate.

it's a SACRED script, fucking gook.
Impure dog eaters like you can't read it.

The letters look different depending on where they are in the word and if the letter before them is a connecting letter. العربية is the same as ا ل ع ر ب ي ة

If you can read and write cursive, you should have no problem understanding the mechanics of arabic scripts.

it's because the letters change a bit and sometimes alot depending on position. It need practice to get used to it

not true m8

git gud

the thing is that in cursive latin a t in the end is drawn just like a t in the beingn while in arabic
ت becomes ة

It is true tho.

I actually find Perso-Arabic script easier to read than Thai. Half the letters look like u or n with tiny loops and zigzags in different places.

Do you not know what most means?

>most
thae lowest Muslim country(aside the african countries) in that pic has 50-60% and that pic is 2011 , im pretty sure it improved

Well, you should start to read with diacritics first. When you are educated enough, you can read arabic script without it. Same goes to the jewish script.

this,even arab schools keep using diacritics up to like 3rd and 4th grade

Is that like with Japanese where they teach hiragana and katakana before Kanji?

Not exactly the same. Diacritics represent vowels, and regular script just omits them.

>island chinks are the most intellig....

I still use diacritics and I'm 20.
>tfw nonarab muslim

How can you knock this script when Devanagari and Thai is visually more complicated?

That's not how that works. ت at the end is still ت. It is only when the t in question is the feminine ending (and isn't followed by another letter) that it gets written as ة (which is good, because the feminine ending specifically has the special property of disappearing in some scenarios, so the special letter lets you know it is that special sometimes-vanishing t)

...exception is the word bint "daughter", where for some reason the t never goes away in pronunciation and thus is written as ت all the time, even though that ت actually is the feminine ending

Don't bother, might as well learn hebrew

Why learn either when you already know English?

ahh that's what i meant the letter t changes depending on the sex or if it's singular or plural. It can be confusing
that's because you didn't read and write arab enough , pretty normal for a non-arab

>that's because you didn't read and write arab enough
No, it's because I don't know arabic. There's no way of knowing how every word is pronounced 100% of the time unless you know the language. When vowels are often implied, you have to know which vowel sounds are there.

One of the easiest to read.
Come on guy!

ت is written at the end of verbs and feminine words in plural form

hmmm I thought you knew arabic but yeah you can't read Arabic without diacritics if you don't know the language itself

Cause there's more to literature and culture than the English language
>but muh globalism and lingua franca

Different user, but. Can't you use the next vowel sound to know what the sounds would be?
That's what I do.
Like if a "yeh" sound would be at the end.

Every conceivable text of any noteworthiness has been translated into the English language.
Not defending being ignorantly monolingual, but I understand the logic of finding no meaning in learning another language.

Where's the fun in that?

Not that user but, look at sura naas. How would you know to put a "u" sound after the first "q" sound in "qul" or to connect the l after the u? Or how would you know if the alif after was "ah" or "eh"? Only if you had known the language or had read the surah many times would you have known what the pronunciation was.

There is more culture in northern European linguistics. Including Cyrillic and obviously Greek.
Why is a Leb defending Arabic anyway? You have an ancient history you should love.

All entertainment worth a shit is in either English or Japanese. There's nothing and I mean NOTHING in untranslated Arabic that anyone cares about.

>There is more culture in northern European linguistics
lol, I don't even lik ayyraps me being an arabified berber rape baby but common stop being ignorant

Oh I get it. When they're in conjecture and have a vowel for the most part I can read them. But your right when it comes to just the words I wouldn't know if it was an "a"or an "oo". Same with the double vowels.

This, Arabs are kings

embarrasing
just change the flag already

I wasn't exclusively defending arabic. I was talking about learning a new language as a whole

Arab men are the straight white males of the Muslim peoples.

>Can't you use the next vowel sound to know what the sounds would be?
(Not the guy you were talking to) I mean, with some patterns, you can always know the vowels, like if you see a non-verb with the pattern Consonant-Alif-Consonant-Consonant (CāCC), you know the pattern is CāCiC because there is no other non-verb pattern that results in those Arabic letters (and if it is a verb, then CāCaCa is the pattern). But there are a lot of patterns that have the same written form and share part-of-speech, so it's not so easy.

I didn't imply that retarded but the arabic language is a rich language and cannot be compared to northern European langues

There's no point learning a language that's no use to you. You learn either because you're moving to that country, you need to know it for job reasons or there's something untranslated you want to read.

Please, tell me about all the untranslated Arabic video games, light novels, hentai comics etc...

people learn langues for fun and satisfactions
and there are shitton of untranslated Arabic movies and series

>northern European linguistics
>and obviously Greek.

>Every conceivable text of any noteworthiness has been translated into the English language.
But a lot of the beauty of the texts is lost in translation and can only be appreciated in the original language.
Like good luck translating poetry lmao

Every other English word is derived from Greek.
I bet you're not even black, rping as an Egyptian. Racist

yeah i can get Greek but northern European seriously, arabs were making recorded poetry that could be understood by modern educated arab centuries before old Norse start got developed

Post some Arabic poetry

that's doesn't imply relation to greeks
despite your hard larping over the last 400 years
also i'm not egyptian check flag

>The war in his country ended barely two days ago
>Already shitposting on Sup Forums

i'm at baghdad son
the war was never an issue to interfere with my shitposting

i think it's you who's illiterate

How long will this peace last habibi? One year? Two?

Are you not supposed to thank Northern Europeans by proxy of the states for liberating you?
Post Arabic poetry.
I have some Byron in mind to shame it, for when you do.

for ever and ever and ever

Can you post a pic from your window?

i am greek

ⵎⴰⵜⵜⴰ ⵀⴻⵍⴷⵉⴷ?

Play the classial guitar?
Those claws.

Just says "al-Arabiya."

Took a year's worth of Arabic courses as a university elective. Really not that hard to learn the writing system, provided you don't try grasping it all in one go. Our professor introduced us to a handful of letters each week, as well as vocabulary which utilized them.

Absolutely nobody in the class struggled to learn how to read and write. I've only been to a handful of Middle-Eastern countries since, never speak Arabic, but still know how to work the script.

I genuinely do not understand how you could learn Chinese and Japanese but struggle with Arabic, which has a fraction of the letters and is undoubtedly more simple.

>Post Arabic poetry.
>I have some Byron in mind to shame it, for when you do.
bbc.com/culture/story/20140414-americas-best-selling-poet

it's just my neighbors back yard
lemme see if i still have that pic of my garden

Lookin good, Kazim.

I'll say we would not have ever known of classical Greek philosophers without Arabs realizing the worth of the knowlege and preserving it.
But for early Arab scholars shit would have been lost, forever.

can't find it
but here's the general feel of baghdad

All the buildings look the same.

East LA more or less

Comfy. Cant wait for you guys to completely recover so I go to holidays there

tragedy arabic poetry , was very popular in pre islamic arabia , the translation kills it ofc :
Weep for me, my eyes! Spill your tears
And mourn for me the vanished kings
Hujr ibn 'Amru's princely sons
Led away to slaughter at eventide;
If only they had died in combat
Not in the lands of Banu Marina!
No water was there to wash their fallen heads,
And their skulls lie spattered with blood
Pecked over by birds
Who tear out first the eyebrows, then the eyes.

is this dust or pollution?

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm considering moving to KSA next year for work and this shit seems like a pain in the ass to learn.

This is coming from someone who can read

>Chinese
>Japanese
>Korean

built same time, same architectural trend
80s taste
personally i don't like it nor anything post the 1950s
the early century houses were so much comfier and more practical

Good kitty :3

well not surprising
ty bro
dust storm

Be conservative yet secular and intelligent.
I apologize for being obtuse.
I hope the best for you

You're welcome bro have a good life

هل العرب العصريون يفهمون قصائد العربية القديمة يعنى القصائد الجاهلية؟
(also pls no bully I tried.)

Just take a picture with your phone or webcamtoy

Don't most Muslims live in Indonesia? They're sitting in the 90~97% bracket.

Well thats interesting. You're better than them. You have millenias of history. The garden of Eden was in what is now Iraq, some have claimed.. That shits all over Hollywood.

Indonesia uses the Latin script, as does Malaysia (you can thank the Dutch and the British for that). They used to use a modified Arabic script (Jawi) to write their language but nowadays it's only used in certain places and by hardcore religious conservatives.

detect the haram babi ch*nk

.چينا بابي، ده لا ماكن بابي، موك ڤون ماچم بابي
This is not Arabic btw.

t. Brainlet

The hardest part is that some vowel are omitted so one has to guess them out of context.
It's not that fucked up in compare with some chink bullcrap with god knows how many hieroglyphs and tones which define meaning. I dunno who (besides natives) can manage to differentiate those tones.
When I bee to Thailand and spent 9 months there I tried learning their language (english is spoken everywhere at least in tourist areas so I did it more for lolz than anything) but It is so overwhelming in every aspect incl.writing system but the worst part is pronunciation. Maybe this is because (((pidorashkas))) cannot learn languages though.

most arab countries are bilingual anyway so there is no point in wasting 5 years to learn arabic.
Poetry is probably the only good thing in this meme language

Go back to your country, Ahmed.

It's easier than Japanese or Chinese writing system. Basically most letters have three forms when in the word, there is a starting form (e.g the ب in بقلاوة), middle form (e.g the ب in لبنان) and end form (i.e the ب in سراب). There is an exception to some letters (ذ د ا ز و ى ر ؤ).
PPic related to help you understand

saved that for reference thanks UAE.

Np

>Wuuu hes achmed because arabic easier to read than russhit

why the fuck are there two j's and two s's

The guy who wrote this is wrong, the ز is meant to be like a th as in the. The ص S sounds like a whistle.
Btw this chart is incomplete, but I put it for reference.