The Witcher

Redpill me on the Witcher franchise. I'm interested in the upcoming series but know pretty much nothing about it except for the fact that the main character is emotionless monster hunter and shouldn't be played by a black actor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pf4RjsdJE0I
youtube.com/watch?v=JFUsPfuwjpw
youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

also boobs

This shit had every reason to be good.
If they actually put money and effort into it that is.

Novel series that exploded in popularity due to the game series.

Novel author also hates video games and thinks they're stupid, and so does not think much of the game series. He is also a "consultant" on the netflix series.

I wonder if Netflix will try and trend towards the game series rather than the novels, much to the author's displeasure.

Apart from the monster hunting it has a very gritty/medieval vibe, doesn't often feel like fantasy. There's kingdoms and people being taken over and all that sort of stuff. It's nothing really new except for the Witchers themselves. Everyone hates Witchers as they're seen as soulless monsters and only use them when they're desperate to have a monster killed. Witchers also never work for free.

Everyone is crying about Netflix turning it into SJW bullshit but it kind of always was exactly that. It has the strong independant women, it has the moral of "don't kill niggers in the street because they are people too" and it has a male protagonist that learns to overcome his badass monster slaying character to become the bitch of his strong independant girlfriend.

Don't get me wrong I like the books. My point is that a Netflix muh diversity interpretation of the source material is kind of what any adaptation would look like anyways.

Mostly about mutants in a medieval/dark fantasy setting where monsters still exist and the mutants are the ones trianed in murdering them but everyone hates them but they have superhuman abilities and fuck good so everyone wants their dick but also hates them. Books focus more on the adventures of Geralt and his party and doing merry shit but theres a hefty amount of politicking going aroudn since everyone is racist.

All this sitposting and we still dont know who will be the director.
I will decide based on that and the crew who will be handling the script if I will watch it or not.

It lacks "diversity".

It's just another dumb fantasy for edgy teens. But this time it's le ironic and humorous.

The books are all over the place, some are short stories that are edgy versions of fairytales, some books try to be like Game of Thrones (but came out before Game of Thrones), some are high fantasy horseshit. What they have in common is the characters and their relationships

The games are actually a bit better in terms of narrative than the books, except the third game which is a giant pile of shit

There is a hot lesbian rape scene. This is all you need to know.

Geralt will be played by Idris Elba. Vesemir by Forest Whitaker.

Actually the Witcher's world is full of diversity in terms of races: humans, elves, dwarves and Witchers themselves... Not to mention some sentient monsters.
Diversity is also the reason of Geralt's death

Geralt is a mutant albino monster-hunter who doesn't seem to have any problems in bedding wenches. I kinda like his portrayal better in the games compared to the novels though. He does some funny shit when he gets drunk.

Does it have bants?

The Novel series was hugely popular in Poland and other countries where Polish is a common language

The game is even moreso - so much so that when they met Obama, the Polish leader gave him a copy of The Witcher 2

Was watching GoT yesterday and thinking Rory McCann could play Geralt

>emotionless
How can you know something to be what it isn't?

Exactly, still not diverse enough.

Your mother sucks dwarven cocks

Not much room for black characters though, although the Nilfgaardians can easily be played by middle easterners.

Pretty much the only reason the wenches want to fuck Geralt is because he's immune to disease and sterile. In the days with no forms of contraception and no means of preventing STDs with sex, the idea that you can fuck someone and have zero chance of catching anything or getting knocked up is very appealing to a select few

A good elf is a dead elf.

Nilfgaardians are not Zerrikanians

>I wonder if Netflix will try and trend towards the game series rather than the novels

They won't. They don't have the rights to since CDPR isn't involved. It's strictly an adaptation of the books.

Nah it's because he's famous, mysterious and dangerous. Nobody cares about fucking diseases lmao look at the current chlamydia epidemic. Yet kids still refuse to wear condoms.

In the games the Nilfgaardians seem a mixture of eastern European, southern European and middle eastern.

I don't know about the books, but in the games, nothing is really black and white. Some of the choices you make you have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Like allowing a great evil escape (and eventually kill a lot of people) in order to save a bunch of kids. Or kill the great evil and the kids get eaten.

Nilfgaardians are actually Dutch people

You are missing the whole sub plot of two guys experimenting on him and making him fertile.
That mutagen make many babies.

Moral of the story is dont take drugs from unknown people.

I'm not really sure I want a Geralt not voiced by Doug Cockle

>to choose between the lesser of two evils
The Lesser Evil is the name of one of the short stories. Guess what Geralt chooses?
He kills everybody

Nobody cares about chlamydia because you can cure it with a single fucking pill

Really the only STD you need to worry about these days is HIV/AIDS and the chances of getting that through heterosexual sex is literally 0.04% - IF THE CHICK ALREADY HAS AIDS. Yep, you stick your dick into a chick with AIDS and you only have a 0.04% chance of getting it. So not only do you need to find the chick with AIDS, you need to be THAT fucking unlucky

The reason it was thought of as a "gay disease" for so long is because if you get fucked in the ass by someone with AIDS you have a 1% chance of getting it - and gays have ridiculously large amounts of anonymous unprotected sex

Except in that situation freeing the tree spirit is literally the wrong choice - as bad as the crones are, they're fucking saints compared to the tree spirit - which you'd know if you did your research in-game

The guys who approach you in Flotsam in the second game? What ever happened with them?

Geralt said something about the stuff they gave him making hair grow on his tongue when he meets them again in Loc Muinne.

Wind's howling

Hmh.

Test

I meant to reply to . Are they the two guys he was referring to?

I wonder how difficult it'd be to dub over an actual actor without it looking funky

surely it can't be that hard, based off the "bad lip reading" videos

>nothing is really black and white.
Bullshit, This is only right about the previous games.

>Geralt of Rivia
Richard Armitage

>Vesemir
Viggo Mortensen

>Eskel
Pilou Asbæk

>Coen
Rupert Grint

>Lambert
Nicholas Hoult

>Shani
Katherine McNamara

>Cahir
Joe Dempsie

>Milva Barring
Emily Blunt

>Dandilion
Joseph Gordon Levitt

>Zoltan
Gerard Butler (camera perspective tricks like in LoTR)

>Regis
Wayne Pygram

>Neneke
Maggie Smith

>Villentretenmerth
Martin Freeman

>Djikstra
Rory McCann (in a fatsuit)

>Phillipa Eilhart
Lena Heady

>Yennifer of Vengerberg
Eva Green

>Triss Merigold
Ali Cobrin

>Avallac'h
Michael Fassbender

>Eredin
Luke Evans

>Foltest
Peter Serafinowicz

>Istredd
Mark Strong

>Calanthe
Michelle Fairley

>Pavetta
Sarah Gadon

>Cirilla
Varying unknowns from 6-18 years old.

>Duny/Urcheon of Erlenwald /Emhyr var Emries
Nikolaj Coster Waldau

>Vilgefortz
Clive Owen

>Reince
Eddie Marsan

>Leo Bonhart
Clancy Brown

Yes.

He was horrible in W3.

You stumble upon a diary in the third game saying the experiment was a success and that they will continue to monitor your progress.
Apparently its cure for infertility that many people will pay a lot money to get it.

In the Scooby Doo movie there's a scene where they swap bodies but retain their original voices and the dubbing is reasonably well done

youtu.be/Pf4RjsdJE0I

Bullshit, you're a faggot

Basically Sup Forums will be disappointed because generally people here seem to think Geralt is some racist rightwing hero when in reality he's mostly neutral but tends to fight for the rights of different races and wants everyone to get along, makes fun of and beats up racists frequently

i'd like Rollo from Vikings as Geralt. He's a big guy.

Did you even play Witcher 2, nigger?

Stop bulshiting he is in it for the money from day one.
The fact that society forced him to get involved in political games doesn't mean he will stop doing contracts for the highest bidder.

>where monsters still exist
unlike the real world where vampires, ghouls and griffons went extinct around the 18th century

Friendly reminder that Scooby Doo and Supernatural are having a crossover next season

This. Also racism literally kills him.

kek

Spinoff with Zoltan and Dandelion running The Chameleon (with recurring guest Geralt) when?

nilfgaard is a germany analogue

nah the Vampires still exist there's just not many of them anymore

source: my cousin is a producer with The Deb of Night and she's one

And at least in the case of all the sorceresses, Geralt is a rare commodity, because on physical contact some magical reaction gives the ladies magical orgasms.

Also, he is a trophy. A token of influence, and most sorceresses in the series are possessive and want to nail him just to make the others get pissed.

nigger he literally has morality which guides him, partly because he's an outcast himself so he sympathizes, and he won't do outright evil stuff no matter how high the bid. He TRIES to be neutral but it's literally the point that it's impossible. Have you fucking read the books? Can't wait for a scene where he kicks the shit out of some stereotypical racists with Dandelion and Sup Forums loses their shit

Which is why they should all be played by Turkish actors

>previously in the local inn
>Geralt gets plastered
>Zoltan lost his house on dice poker
>Dandelion is accused of heresy

>people on Sup Forums actually think a medieval show will get by without at least 3 black guys

Man of Glass is a Jew though, we can all agree in this?

The first game IS the only game that is comparable to the books.
Please stop talking shit,Witcher 2 was effort on the studio to westernize the scrip as the lead writer of the books was FIRED.
Witcher 2 and 3 is non canon for me at least.

The merchant that Triss was working for is also a Jew.

“Listen, Geralt—"

"No. You won't win me over with your reasons nor convince me that Eltibad wasn't a murdering madman, so let's get back to the monster threatening you. You'd better understand that, after the introduction you've given me, I don't like the story. But I'll hear you out."

"Without interrupting with spiteful comments?"

"That I can't promise.”

I dreamed the strangest dream...there were white people in middle ages europe....God it feels sily to even say such a thing now

Netflix wants the game of thrones audience.

Everyone knows that pre-evil-colonists Europe was black, it was when they started doing evil things like giving Africa roads, education, and healthcare that they became those devilish whiteys

Not only that - we know literally NOTHING, just that it's happening - and yet Sup Forums's first threads were: muh racial diversity, cuckoldery, women empowerment - you know, all these bullshit memes. Really activates your mutagens...

Tbh I just don't want any character to be niggerfied. If Netflix wants to shoehorn black people because diversity quotas they should just make an orginal character for the adaptation who is also orginally black and just make up some bullshit about his/her existence in the lore.

lol kys with ur shit b8

youtube.com/watch?v=JFUsPfuwjpw

Wolves asleep amidst the trees
Bats all a swaying in the breeze
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
For your dolly Polly sleep has flown
Don't dare let her tremble alone
For the witcher, heartless, cold
Paid in coin of gold
He comes he'll go leave naught behind
But heartache and woe
Deep, deep woe
Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
My dear dolly Polly shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries
As the witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He'll chop and slice you
Cut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole

Nah they actually want more shares in the eastern-european market

They could cast all the elves as niggers. Who cares what color elves are. As long as they got pointy ears and a shitty attitude.

It was pretty much outright stated that he is satan. So yes.

That would be an excellent thing for the show if true.
Eastern Europeans are racist af.
They can't afford to displease them with SJW casting.

We know it's a Netflix series so worrying about muh racial diversity and other "bullshit memes" is not exactly unwarranted

It's garbage even by generic western fantasy standards. Avoid.

So, the action scenes aren't going to be anywhere near as good as this are they

youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

Nobody here cares about services like netflix especially not about series like this.
Dont get your hopes up,its sort of expected to be not correct for the region that is trying to represent because Americans are making it and not local people which louses a lot of nuances.

Dark fantasy with boobs, mary sue protagonist. Fucking fantastic game. Started reading the novels and I like those too.

A Night To Remember is the best witcher trailer tbf famalam and Platige Image / Baginski had nothing to do with it.

I get that, but making literally every thread about that is stupid. That's how it's been since the announcement at least

>We know it's a Netflix series so worrying about muh racial diversity and other "bullshit memes" is not exactly unwarranted

Caring so much about that is why Sup Forumsirgins should be purged.

>louses
yeah that happened

>mary sue protagonist

That only applies to the games though.

They need new home,Sup Forums turned into indie game advertising board.

You can try to fix it, but Sup Forums always turns into shit after any fixes are applies to it.

I think he refers to Ciri. And she definitely is the mariest of sues.

>They could cast all the elves as niggers. Who cares what color elves are.

People who care about the classic portrayal of Elves being attractive. You can't have attractive Elves if they're blacks.

Though if you have to cast blacks as Elves, then they should be the Aen Elle instead of the Aen Seidhe since the Aen Elle are the badguys.

Geralt in a goofy mood is one of the funniest characters put to paper.

>two different people did a playthrough
>two different people took screenshots at the same moment
>two different people both used the professor's glasses

>other countries where Polish is a common language

....like what countries?

They just need dedicated mods that clear the board every few hours of shit threads.
I assure you that the board will get 10 times better in a week.

Mary sues are supposed to be without flaw and can maker no mistake. Ciri makes tons of mistakes. Geralt saves her a number of times and manages to fuck up and get her shit wrecked plenty without him around.

We Da $koy-A-tel nigga. We out here killing humans and shit nigga. Fightin for freedom and shit nigga. We out here slangin dat fisstech nigga, word up.