Now that the dust has settled

Can we all agree that it was K I N O ?

Yes, except for the last half of the final season. They should have ramped toward treasure island clearly.

Yes, this is common knowledge.

I miss them guys.

Season 1 was generic trash with only 1 good episode. It really came into its own season 2.

Same.
S1 was pure comfiness user, wtf are you talking about?

Probably the most comfy show ever made.

S1 took way too long to get going, probably because they filmed it and S2 back-to-back so the pacing was off.

Sure, but still, it was pure comfykino.

Why are you doing this? Calling it comfy doesn't really mean anything.

Why was Billy marooned instead of Ben Gunn? The only part of the ending that made no sense to me.
Granted, Billy was way more developed as a character, but he was developed as a buildup towards his book fate, a drunk.

s1e1 was kino, last episode of s1 was kino. a few episodes here and there in s2 and s3 were kino

overall the female characters ruined the show. the character development of jack was really good

the jack ending was good, the flint ending was infuriating but overall it was kino

we need more pirate shows

>Silvers character development
>Flints acting (seriously dude was excellent)
>everything about Jack
Piratekino at its finest.

We like comfy things.

> Jack Rackham charisma
> Blackbeard portrayal and actor chosen, perfect.

>we
>he's actually pretending he didn't author all three posts

no one cares you dumb phoneposting samefag.

Good job nigger.

>Now that the tides has calmed...
you had one job

also this

>too long to get going
that's a wrong common opinion. It started already with a ship battle for fucks sake! AND whores! AND pirate "democracy", sword fight to the death AND calling out a war with civilization , AND foreshadowing Billy's backstabbing

Season 1 was actually the best season

The seasons where Flint had hair were the best.

it's not just a good pirate show, the main ideas of this show, ignoring the occasionally cheesy dialogues, constitute the best story I have ever known about righteous men fighting righteous men (and more - considering Eleanor's remark). Popular stories with similar power struggle like ASOIAF just can't hold a candle to this, even though it is much longer, with a lot more characters, and a lot more "twists", the relationships between characters are much more banal and also it lacks this Shakespearean dramatic sophistication.

>character is revealed to be a fag
>stop watching

it had such a nice potential though

Butt pirate kino fer sure.

>Season 1 was actually the best season

No way, it's definitely not as bad as some people make it out to be though. There's just a lot of lying, deceiving and unclear character motivation, which all gets fleshed out is season 2.

Damn good analysis user. It's weird that we have to thank Michael Bay for Black Sails...
Jeez user, how does it feel to be a closet homo? Flint was bi, and even if he was a homo, what the fuck ever? The show was still kino.

i think the homosexuality thing was stretched a bit too far but it was a perfect back story for his motivation

flint as a character would not have made any sense without some great injustice done to him in the past. it made him a good guy turned evil as opposed to an evil character thats just evil for evils sake