We live in an age where DC TV is a real thing

>We live in an age where DC TV is a real thing
>No one seems to give a shit about Smallville

I still care dang it. I got all ten seasons on DVD.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvline.com/2016/05/13/smallville-cast-remember-oral-history-5-years-tv-show/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why was clark always such a sad fuck?

>I got all ten seasons on DVD.

Oh your poor thing

he's more than a bird, dammit.

>>muh SECRET

(I actually loved Smallville and have all 10 seasons on DVD - love Alison Mack)

Kristen Kreuk was my first celebrity crush, but holy fuck was her character terrible.

>>No one seems to give a shit about Smallville

I mean people cared, but it went off the air in 2011

I actually really liked this show

Wasn't it the equivalent of the first raimi Spiderman to dc tv shows? I know it got horrible at times like with kryptonite vampires, but it proved you could milk these shows to death.

loved it until season 4 or 5
also alison mack was the hottest

kinda makes me wish i didn't meet her.
oh well.

I saw it up until season 4 or 5 I think, and then I missed an episode and just never went back to it. It was alright and enjoyable from what I seen, and kristin kreuk was the prettiest girl ever. I hated lois lnes actress, she was just obnoxious and I just couldn't see how someone like clark could see anything in her or want to be with her. She also looked like she had a good 20 years on everyone else that was supposed to be her age.

I have a big love hate relationship with Smallville.

I can never shake the feeling that if you cut all the fat, all the time wasting, all the filler, you could have had a show half as long but ten times as good.

Instead we got:
>Muh overused barn /mansion set.
>Muh Lana.
>Muh Lois (who looked well older than the rest of the cast - still nice rack)
>Muh Lex relationship lasting forever (although he was a good Lex)

I really liked this show but it dragged. Witches and this and that. Did you ever play the drinking game? All those fucking allusions to him being Superman.
>Hey dad i woke up in bed and I was floating!
>Don't be silly son, it isn't like you will fly one day *wink wink at the camera*

It was simultaneously ahead of and behind its time.

Was she a bitch in realife user?

We don't really talk about shows that aired while Sup Forums was alive since everyone who cared already talked about it as it was airing

Also I hope you bought the S11 trades too

there was a period when those were the best Superman comics DC was doing

dctv owes its ability to exist in part to smallville

But it was so fucking terrible OP.
Like infamously.

How would you know if you weren't even born yet?

So:
>Seasons 1-3 an odd mix of Dawson's Creek and Clark Kent.
>Seasons 4-6 we don't know what we are doing either.
>Season 7-10 Red blur is gonna fight every single one of Superman's villains before he becomes Superman.

That's why I liked the last seasons really, it was basically just a Superman show at that point

Anything involving Ma and Pa Kent or just slice of life with superpowers and no drama was GOAT.
>starts getting x-ray vision but can't do it on command
>Pa holds out his fist and asks Clark to try to see what's in his hand
>Clark says it's a pocket knife
>Pa asks if he can control it now
>"No, I just know you always have that knife in your pocket."
>that shit-eating grin
Not to mention the whole falling off the rope and accidentally looking onto the girl's locker room. That fucking smile, man.

They really dragged it out though.

Seasons 1-4: Buffy meets Superboy. Comfy era.
Seasons 5-7: Grunge phase. Generic sci-fi show.
Seasons 8-10: Superman Begins

I liked that episode when he learned how to fly and dunked on Pete. It then all went downhill from there.

>Buffy meets Superboy. Comfy era.
Dawson's Creek is a better way of describing it. It was like another era.

The shirts, the emotions, the barn chats.

>not on a giant size ssd
>he pays for media

I remember an episode where they had James Marsters (Spike from Angel/Buffy) play Brainiac.

What season was that during? I stopped watching the show on a bi-weekly basis after season five.

it might of been that i caught her on a bad day
but this was wizard world
bruce campbell, manu bennett, green ranger, merle and daryl, summer glau, etc.. lots of actor actresses

i got there early and waited (had my s1 of smallville, superman/batman public enemies, police academy 6, and the ant bully)

when she finally got there it looked like she didn't want to be there. there was a guy in front of me that had this poster and told me he had traveled a lot to get everyone that worked on smallville to sign and she was the last (apparently doesn't do a lot of conventions)

the agent took the money, asked to whom to make it out to and passed the items to alison.

alison didn't seem interested in the poster or the guy giving a bit about how he got this poster (i think it might of been one of the first promo posters for CW). nor was she interested in taking a pic with the poster (even if the guy was willing to pay for the photo).

before hand he showed me all the pics on his camera with all the previous actors/actresses.

but he just got it signed and that was it.
my turn. i said to make it out to robert. at this point i only wanted smallville and public enemies signed.

agent wrote my name on post it and placed it on the dvd's. she just got em and quickly signed her name.

i stopped and politely asked if she could make it out to *** (my name).

the look she gave me was almost like if i had just ran over her puppy with my car and asked if she had any more to run over.

she paused and did (only on one), i thanked her and said it was nice meeting her. and that was it. i didn't bother to ask for a photo op.

so far she is the only one (actress/actor) that i felt bad about approaching/meeting.

But then we would just shitpost about sjws and tumblrWhy

i remember that scene
pete was all like 'motherfucker'

Yes, an iconic scene indeed.

well, tvline gave a shit a week ago

>To commemorate the five-year anniversary of the Smallville series finale, TVLine is republishing this oral history, first compiled [...] for CBS’ Watch! Magazine on 2011.
tvline.com/2016/05/13/smallville-cast-remember-oral-history-5-years-tv-show/

You know, even if it wasn't new material it was nice.

I read s11 a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised, it also made me kind of miss the show

The way it used super speed was pretty amazing. Wish that interpretation of it was used more often in cape shows, Smallville showed pretty well that you can have crazy fast characters and still have compelling plots. I mean it makes normal capes useless in fights, but Oliver and Lex were still good because of their minds.

Well for one, The Flash is the only DC tv show worth a damn and two, Smallville was absolute dogshit.

The only reason Sup Forums is getting a resurgence in Smallville interest is because its probably you making this thread since it's ALWAYS that welling image and nostalgia faggotry since the 16 year olds remember watching it at the age of 5.

There are MAYBE 12 Smallville episodes worth watching and they're almost always the season finales.

Everyone knows smallville was bad.
But it was fun.

>Smallville was absolute dogshit.

Like Arrow, it was great for the first two seasons, season 3 was also decent, it's when they started going through Superman's rogue list and introducing pointless characters like Lois and that awful awful deathstroke did it become stupid