So now the dust has settled we can all agree this was a solid 6/10 right?

So now the dust has settled we can all agree this was a solid 6/10 right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKIoIjKITCw
youtube.com/watch?v=47WwGkmYO9I
youtube.com/watch?v=17Q9FeD2-iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah, more like 9/10. pretty good for a non-marvel movie desu

in capeshit terms it is a 9.1/10
compared to average kino a 5.4/10

So did they ever explain why Logan couldn't heal?

>You've got something poisonous in you
>I know what it is

Also stop prick teasing me with all these constant references to an 'event' a year ago if you're never going to have any payoff

12.5/10

I'm not a pedo or anything, but some of the things she did during the movie made me raise a few eyebrows.

I thought it was a 7.5/10 and the best Capeshit that will probably ever be made.

I was actually surprised that it wasn't shit.

How many eyebrows do you have? I only have two, btw

yeah, i gave it a high 6, vastly better than origins and significantly better than the wolverine. why do people consistently hail good movies as great movies?

Uh, how about the adamantium?

5/10 film. 7/10 capeshit.
btw I haven't seen it

i cant understand,

this film has car scene as action.

and it is sucks

When in capeshit the acting was better than the action scenes, you know there is something "wrong".

8.5/10

It was stated in comics that his adamantium skelleton was killing him because he was during the Hiroshima nuke and got radiation

Nah, easy 8/10.

This is Sup Forums, you don't have to watch a movie to say it's shit.

The first two acts were 9/10. The third one was 2/10 and ruined the impression completely. So yeah, 6-7/10 at best.

I'm not a pedo or anything but here's some pedo shit.

LOLOL like he had adamantium during WWII....

>It is unclear exactly which timeline this particular film is a part of. The after credits scene of X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) and the inclusion of Caliban would suggest this film being part of the reestablished timeline set by X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014). However, events from both X-Men (2000) and The Wolverine (2013) are brought up, events that would have never taken place as a result of the new timeline. Director James Mangold has admitted to ignoring the multiple timelines in order to tell the story he needed to tell.

Me neither, but I'd like to hug her

Wolverine didn't get adamantium fused to his skeleton until sometime in the 1970s.

Just look at this shit. How can these two scenes be a part of the same movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=VKIoIjKITCw
youtube.com/watch?v=47WwGkmYO9I

Its the same with all capeshit. Even Deadpool utilized all the tropes it was mocking in its horrendously boring last act.

Why the fuck did they decide to stay OVERNIGHT at the black family's house?

>Logan's child is a Mexican

What do you think they meant by this?

>In the 'Death of Wolverine' comic arc. Wolverine is poisoned due to adamantium, being a heavy metal, retaining radiation from the Nagasaki nuclear bomb, which he was present for. In Logan, he is slowly being poisoned by his skeleton for unrevealed reasons, possibly the same ones.

Yeah my mistake, it was Nagasaki instead

LOL what a colossal fuckup. He didn't have metal bones in the 1940s.

Because it's an science fiction movie. A black christian family in middle west having a crop farm is the most fictional thing ever. Also the kid doing rodeo stuff top kek.

Radiation in body =/= radiation in bones.

He got radiation in his body because of the bomb. They then gave him the adamantium and both things mixed and fucked him up

Quoting imdb..... LOL

8.7 out of 10

Citation needed, aside from the false imdb "trivia". In that story, Wolverine's healing factor is stopped by unknown reasons involving the use of his claws and he's killed by being covered by molten adamantium which suffocates him when it hardens.

8/10

kill yourself

The impression I got was that the chemicals that targeted the X-Gene also fucked with mutants' powers, which is why Logan couldn't heal and the baddies were able to seemingly hunt down all the mutants with little trouble.

It was explicitly stated that the adamantium in his bones poisoned him.

That Mexico is a shithole where a company can abduct random chicks to knock up and murder and conduct sick experiments on kids and nobody really bats and eyelash.

Am I likely to enjoy this if I hated both Wolverine movies, and the 10 minutes I saw of the newest X-Men (it was identical to the Marvel movies)?

I really like X-Men 1-3. Adult comic movies like Watchmen and whatever that other one was called were OK.

You mean that throwaway line about putting something in the food supply?

That's not mutually exclusive.

>Chemicals target X-Gene
>Wolverine's powers are dulled though not completely rekt
>But his body now has to pull triple-duty fending off adamantium, wounds, age, etc.
>It all adds up and slowly kills him

That was only meant to stop new mutants from being born.

Dumb shit it was a combination of both. Adamantium was poisoning him and his weak healing ability couldn't keep it in check.

Only in your imagination.

His weak healing ability resulting from his age and adamantium poisoning? LOL you're not even smart enough to watch and understand capeshit

If you've got a reason why it's not a valid theory you're free to share it with me

I'd give it at least a 7.5, they did a great job - and I'm not even an X-Men fan.

Also, how the FUCK has it been nearly 20 years since the original movie came out? I'm now the same age Hugh Jackman was in that movie, and he looks practically the same...

His healing ability is OP as fuck, and it was the adamantium poisoning him, the more his body healed the more it seeped into his bloodstream. It was inevitable, if he was never given the weapon X treatment he would live forever.

>Am I likely to enjoy this if I hated both Wolverine movies, and the 10 minutes I saw of the newest X-Men (it was identical to the Marvel movies)?
Yes. The tone is completely different from the earlier movies.

Well this is more serious and genuinely well made. The whole X-Men series really ended on a high note with Logan.

It's interesting watching a superhero movie where the protagonist is dying and barely clinging on to his former powers and fighting ability.

youtube.com/watch?v=17Q9FeD2-iw

Because the corn syrup only prevented new mutants from being born. They can't kill Wolverine. He's already born.

Hollywood Magic, he's fit and baby blood from secret ritua-wait forget that part.

Because he doesn't age really, he looked the same during the civil war as well.

But the evil boss character didn't explicitly state that and therefore it's a plothole and dumb.

3/10
And it's coming from a guy who loved the other X-Men movies

He says he knows what's poisoning him, he knows it's the adamantium.

It's a sci-fi chemical that targets a specific gene that give people laser eyes and telepathy.

Why wouldn't it target that same gene in anybody who has it? It's not exactly a stretch.

This user gets it.

Wolverine's healing factor would render him immune to the chemicals.

>can't cure AIDS or Cancer or Alzheimer
>But can stop mutant gene-making

WOOOOOW

its set after the end of days of future past.

>However, events from both X-Men (2000) and The Wolverine (2013) are brought up, events that would have never taken place as a result of the new timeline.

these events are only mentioned by logan, who still lived through them, and xavier who can read his mind and knows logan changed the past

But not the Adamantium?

Adamantium

The "event" was Professor X having a seizure and killing everyone. They talk about it if you paid attention

Correct. Now you're getting it. The adamantium killed everyone before him, but it slowly poisoned him over the course of 60 years.

The adamantium is apart of him, as he heals the metal seeps into his bloodstream. He isn't dying because of anything on the outside, its the weapon X surgery that killed him.

X-23 will also die, in 200 years give or take.

Who gives a shit, really? I think part of the reason this worked so well was that it didn't make a huge effort to fit into a larger universe. It was a nice one-shot story.

Hey guys here's a thought, they both happened, logan lived through both, and xavier can read his mind and so he also lived through both. That's why they reference both timelines. There you go.

Depends on how exactly his healing factor works and if the way the gene-therapy chemicals operate would trigger a response.

>as he heals the metal seeps into his bloodstream

The metal that can't break is breaking off into his bloodstream?

>X-men fighting Magneto and friends
>They brought Professor X for some reason
>Xavier has a fucking seizure and kills everybody even Magneto can't handle it with his helmet

I wonder if it was like that or they where just chilling in the school and xavier fucked up his medication and have huge seizure who fucked all the mutants in the school.

Still they didn't want any kind of cameo in the movie so they just made up that thing of "wow all other mutants are ded lmao".

10/10 it was okay

Yes, the residual metal from his healing factor, it is seeping into his body. Metal poisoning, like lead poisoning, the logic is easy here.

It probably happened naturally, noone knew he had the disease, and one day he has a seizure.

I don't think the argument has been that the adamantium isn't what's killing him (though I doubt it happens as you say, since adamantium is indestructible and probably doesn't just seep off into his blood). It's probably not very healthy to have a skeleton covered in a foreign substance regardless though.

The argument is why it's poisoning him now when it hasn't ever been a problem before. It seems reasonable to assume that the chemicals intended to target the X-Gene has an effect on mutant powers, which is causing his healing factor to wig out.

Read Old Man Logan.

Read it already m8

It's pretty irrelevant though, the movie isn't the comic. OML also posited that mutation wasn't "the next step in human evolution" so much as a random blip in the evolutionary tree, which probably isn't relevant to the mainstream comics universe either.

But it happens in a raidus, not overall the city or something.

I wonder about the mutant villians if they got caught but this or hunted down by Logan villians (I think this last because of the sniffing powers of bald egg Merchant).

The movie is like 4 comic ideas mixed together.

Sometimes this stuff works as it happend with Nolan's Batmans.

Probably a combination of both.

He literally says he knows what's poisoning him, he had been alive for 200 years at this point, the doc said something inside of him is killing him. He knows what it is. Simple.

>the best Capeshit that will probably ever be made

Wrong

>he knows what's poisoning him

Yes, we've established that, are you not reading? The issue is why it's poisoning him now when it wasn't ever a problem before. Hence the theory that the anti-mutation chemicals are affecting his powers.

It's not important enough to argue against so thoroughly though since it all amounts to the same.

>He literally says he knows what's poisoning him, he
you are a dense motherfucker. read what the guy wrote for fucks sake. He addressed this

Waaaay down below-ow-ow

The chemical isn't explicitly stated to effect their powers, if they did than cal wouldnt be able to use his powers, the kids wouldnt either, they ate snacks and shit. It's a null point.

>The issue is why it's poisoning him now when it wasn't ever a problem before.

its got gradually worse and worse you retard

I hate the wolverine character, but I hear the movie is a solid 8/10. I hate the Wolverine... Oh wait, I meant the X-Men franchise that Fox Studios has worked on. The X-Men movies, definitely an 8/10.

Fuck you. The movie's an 8/10, for the 28 years olds born in April.

I really liked how Charles dropped f-bombs.

9/10, definitely my favorite Marvel movie besides Guardians of the Galaxy. It had a clear-cut no-bullshit tone to it and it felt like it existed in the real world as opposed to the PG-13'd CG wasteland of the original trilogy

it's an 8/10 at best but Sup Forums would just shit/praise on this capekino for a few years

Dafne Keen is a qt and I wish her success in the future

It's a 4/10

>6/10
PRECISELY. anyone that disagreees, is pretty much a retard simpleton faggot alt-right nazi libcuck

Not even memeing the movie was excellent, not just an excellent comic book movie but just a good movie overall. The less world at stake scenario stories we get the better, this and deadpool show that lower stakes, more personal stories work well.

Everyone keeps saying that, but that's not it. The food altering only inhibited mutant birth, and did not affect the powers or abilities of pre-existing mutants. The reason he was dying was because of his poisoning skepton. I doubt it was because because his healing factor slowed naturally, because lived for 130 years fine and dandy and only showed signs of aging after the 1970s

It's like a vaccine. It won't cure Ebola, but it'll stop it

She might not actually, her adamantium is only on her hand and feet claws. Her skeleton is normal.

If you like good movies, yeah. Origins is hot garbage and The Wolverine is mediocre-okay. Apocalypse is atrocious. Those are some of the worst examples of the X-Men franchise.

>solid 6

So there really are people out there retarded enough to not know what Winchester was about. They didn't make it hard to understand or anything, how the fuck didn't people get it?