youtube.com/watch?v=O9czF_LUSAc
youtube.com/watch?v=ESkOMBq3es8
youtube.com/watch?v=hOQBWuPtx3M
youtube.com/watch?v=qPTsTfIdjxc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Star Wars prequels are far worse.

The Force Awakens

The Disney sequels.

Return of the Sith was an entertaining movie.
The Hobbit trilogy has no redeeming qualities.

People who grew up with the prequels have a certain nostalgic connection with them, and they are massively relevant in pop culture

The Hobbit films are just bland forgettable pieces of shit that aren't even worth ridiculing

the hobbit movies

they're both shitty, but at least the star wars prequels were original shit. the hobbit movies were an active betrayal of a good source

RotS > UJ > DoS > TPM > BotFA > CW
Hobbit wins overall

>they are massively relevant in pop culture

no they aren't

>George Lucas had an unlimited amount of time and money to make the Star War prequels
>Peter Jackson was forced by the studio to make The Hobbit movies a mere few months after he agreed to do them
And yet the Star Wars prequels are worse. Peter Jackson is a good director who was thrown into a terrible situation that even the best director in the world wouldn't have been able to handle, George Lucas is a hack.

star wars prequels are kino

prequels at least had some good original music

there is no excuse for Jackson though, he took the material, butchered it, and made work for himself for the sake of embarassing romance scenes and forced diversity. He had more than enough time to make TWO films that adhered ot the material and would have had universal praise. He's a hack director and I'm convinced he had nothing to do with LoTR turning out as well as it did.

Alien prequel trilogy is looking like it'll outdo them in terribleness

>He had more than enough time to make TWO films that adhered ot the material and would have had universal praise.
No he didn't. After Jackson signed on he had just a few months to write the scripts, make props/sets and figure out how to shoot everything. With The Lord of the Rings trilogy he had YEARS to figure everything out. Even if The Hobbit had been just two movies he still would've needed at least a full year to figure things out.

Jackson intentionally made it three films even though the story could have been made in one. He was begging to do the movie, he wasn't thrown into anything, and the studios gave him as much money as he wanted. Not to mention many of the things wrong with the prequels are also existent in the Hobbit trilogy, such as overuse of CGI, forced and unnatural romance subplots, and poorly concentrated narratives.

>the studios gave him as much money as he wanted
But they didn't give him as much time as he wanted.

even shithole countries know what a battle droid looks like even if they haven't seen the movies

sure he had a short schedule, but why the fuck insist on three movies, adding pointless stories and characters and retarded scenes? The actual canon scenes are the best in the fucking movies, which they would be since they are well written and the characters are relevant.

That's because they actually wanted something released.

It's called attack of the clones not clone wars

Yeah I realised after I posted. You knew what I meant though

Del Taco is a flake but Jackson isn't. Jackson has proven himself to be a loyal director who will happily spend years working on something. They should've given him more time, they would've eventually gotten the movies and they would've been much better than what we ultimately got.

The Hobbit Trilogy

That's a tough one

Star Wars prequels win because they had actors like Christopher Lee being able to pull off terribly written scripts and making the role convincing without phoning it in like many actors do when working with a bad script.

The Hobbit is a CGI mess that never translated to home theater, and we never had a buzz about these movies. Maybe if they featured the movie as a single film, or divide it into 1 story told in 2 parts (Kill Bill) it could have worked. Also, you could tell actors like Orlando Bloom and that other elf guy (agent Smith from the Matrix) were phoning it in for paychecks, they didn't give a fuck about convincing an audience.

>The Hobbit trilogy has no redeeming qualities.
The music? 48FPS?

>Star Wars prequels

>he took the material, butchered it
He took the material, didn't cut shit from the material and decided to add some more thinks that where lacking in the materiel.

Like doing something more with the dwarfs other then them just being there.

star wars nigga.

PT is pure Kino

Hobbit Trilogy is fucking hackson garbage

no they don't

Episode III>Episode I> AUJ> Episode II> tDoS> BofA

Objectively, the prequels were better.

What compels you to argue against fact?

The Hobbit wins purely because of An Unexpected Journey, which was fairly competent for the most part. It wasn't really until Goblintown which it becomes a farcical mess, and at least even in that sequence it was inter-cut with Riddles in the Dark which was fucking great.

The prequels have Christopher Lee, Ian McDiarmid and 10/10 Music, but The Hobbit has at least one watchable film, plus Ian McKellen and great music.

The Hobbit films are ethically worse. Taking one book and stretching it out into three films is worse than just making three bad movies.

they're both fucking garbage but i can get some entertainment out of the prequels and memes aside Lucas was trying to do something interesting with his pottery shit. the hobbit movies are just boring, uninspired, ugly films

Read
AUJ is watchable, but as a trilogy, the prequels are better

imagine if jackson had the guts to stand his ground and only make 2 hobbits instead of 3?

the hobbit at least lucas tried to mix shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=_JBHPFiFWRk
youtube.com/watch?v=hiRZY80Jjqk

it can be very campy and fun
too bad about all the cgi and the made up shit

They are both terrible. In about 5-10 years autists who grew up with the Hobbit trilogy will start pretending it's good just like with the Star Wars prequels.

The Hobbit is worse by far.

youtube.com/watch?v=O9czF_LUSAc
youtube.com/watch?v=ESkOMBq3es8
youtube.com/watch?v=hOQBWuPtx3M

>"We didn't have time to more of a characted that appears in the book cause we hade to put legolas and tarwel you know?

prequals>>>>>>>>>originals>sequals

PRequels, easily.

As a Trilogy they're both fucking rubbish. I'm not going to argue levels of shit, shit is shit.

But I'll take one watchable film over no watchable films. I've personally never understood the, "But RoTS is actually ok" opinion (And I guess I don't have to because whatever, people can like what they like). I tried watching it again recently and if Ian McDiarmid isn't on the screen as the Emperor, it's boring, unwatchable shit.

Howard Shore allegedly did not enjoy his time working on the Hobbit.

You don't like III, that's cool, but over all, the levels of shit in all movies in the trilogy add up and you can say what you will about the goblin town being farcical but I don't think the invention of golf line was in the last half. At least in the prequels the farcical aspects were condensed into one single and ignorable character, where as the Hobbit tarnishes the returning characters to points that make them insufferable when rewatching the original trilogy. Idk, cut out jar jar, and episode one is more watchable than any Hobbit after you cut everything considered shit lol

Absolutely no one forces Peter Jackson to do jack shit.
He voluntarily became involved with the project after Del Toro and the guy(s?) after him left the project.

By that same logic you could argue that the prequels are shit because Lucas was blacklisted by the Directors' and Writers' Guilds.

Hobbits, at least the prequels gave us Sheev

THIS

>Peter Jackson is a good director
lol

Friendly reminder that this actually happened in episode one
>they decide to bring anakin with them to the final battle for some reason and then tell him to hide when they get there
>he hides in the cockpit of a ship
>accidentally takes off
>accidentally flies the ship into the hangar bay of the ship that controls every droid
>accidentally fires the ships weapons
>accidentally hits something that blows up the entire ship and deactivates every droid on the planet
>accidentally flies out of the ship, barely staying ahead of the explosion the whole time

I guess its just me then?

>accident
No such in Star Wars.

hold my beer

>tfw you realize Peter Jackson intentionally made the Hobbit movies steaming poop garbage so that the resemblance between Star Wars and LotR would be complete

It makes it much harder to play, What's Better? Star Wars or LotR?

Now people can't fall back and say, well Star Wars has the shitty prequels.

>King Kong
>The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Yeah, not a good director...

the first two hobbits were good movies with some dumb parts, and the last hobbit was a retarded movie with some good parts

the prequels all suck

>king kong

Hobbit Series just for the third movie alone

>Using the image of a dumb nigger as a reply
KEK

Prequels were coming out during my childhood, so they were always there I guess. I still think Revenge of the Sith is entertaining.

On the other hand, I was waiting for the Hobbits and these were just awful, couldn't stand that slapstick humour, horrible CGI everywhere, completely over the top fights. It felt off. I guess these are the same faults as the prequels, but I'd rather rewatch them because they hurt less.

>Bad Taste
>Meet the Feebles
>The Hobbit trilogy
>redditspacing
>ellipses
Yeah, not a good director.

FUCK EVERY INCH OF THIS GODDAM SCENE

The Force guided him, dummy.

>Meet the Feebles
Heidi did nothing wrong

>Desolation of Smaug
>good movie
Who would have though a namefag has terrible taste.

>Haven´t see that one
>That one either
>the third one is the only bad one
>Haven´t seen that one
>That one either

He made a trilogy with the most Oscar nominations and winners in History, how can he be a bad director?

First Hobbit movie was decent, a silly lighthearted adventure. Other two were abhorrent but still had ~15 minutes each of good scenes.

Prequel trilogy's only "redemption" is that it isn't the SW holiday special or nu-wars.

Also, prequels have the worst """"""romance""""""" ever put to film
while Unexpected Kino has this youtube.com/watch?v=qPTsTfIdjxc

>pulling the Oscar card
>the only bad part of the Hobbit trilogy is Five Armies
lol
Avatar is the best movie ever made because it's the best selling movie, unadjusted for inflation.

>Bad Taste
>Bad

The quality of the movie is literally spelled out in the title.
This really isn't up for debate, dumb frogposter.

What´s wrong with the Oscars? It´s one of the most important recognizements

And yes, the last one was the worst, they made the last 30 pages of the book a 2 hour movie, there´s not much content there

This, but Alien was already fucked years ago, so noone really cares.

The last one being the worst doesn't mean the other two aren't bad. That's literally retarded logic.
And yes, Oscars don't mean anything, unless you think the Artist was the best movie of 2011.

At least with the Hobbit trilogy you can edit them down into something enjoyable. The maple films edit of the movies re-centers the narrative around Bilbo instead of a bunch of bloated stupid subplots. There's actually a lot to like when you excise the over indulgent and silly stuff that bogs down the films.

There's no way to edit the prequels to make them significantly more palatable (with the possible exception of Backstroke of the West, but that's its own beast)

>tfw both are great

Hobbit, so painfully forced.

Haven´t seen it, but they do ment something, it has a lot of specialized critics who decide, if it´s true that today it has lost some value, it´s still a good recognizement, and back in the beggining of the 2000´s it had a great value.

If it is true that the first 2 Hobbit movies are inferior than the 2 Lord of the Rings movies, there are a lot of things that are good, besides, they adapted the first part of the book very well, except for shitty Radagast who was never in the book; The Desolation of Smaug was good too, the ending had a good tension, unfortunatelly, the third one screwed it up the things, Smaug was killed during the first 10 minutes or so.

I think the real reason that makes people feel bad is that Guillermo del Toro couldn´t direct the movie/s

that's you prequelfag

>The music?
It was literally just slightly altered LotR music.

>the movies are good if you remove the bad parts that are most of the trilogy
Wow, who the fuck would have thought of that.
Thanks for your valuable insight, user.

I didn't mention the prequels in my post.
Not only do you have terrible taste, your reading comprehension is shit too.

>they are massively relevant in pop culture
where? how so?

Dubs of truth

both are a joke

The Hobbit by miles and miles.
Holy fuck, this isn't even up for debate.

>terribleness
Redditor please go

To be honest, I never understood why people hate the Star Wars prequels.
The old trilogy is just as silly, the characters are just as bland and flat, and the muppet-like monsters are just as unbelievable as the early 2000's CGI.

The Hobbit has the opening scenes and Riddles In The Dark - The rest is 100% distilled shit, and it hurt to watch it.

>The Lord of the Rings trilogy
>Heavenly Creatures
>Braindead (AKA Dead Alive)
>The Frighteners
>King Kong fuck you, it's a great monster movie. The only major problems with it are some of the monster scenes are a bit too long/ridiculous and some of the CGI has aged badly.
>bad director
Fuck off, pleb.

The point was that there was enough good to make a worthwhile movie, which is not the case for the prequels

>He voluntarily became involved with the project after Del Toro and the guy(s?) after him left the project.
Jackson got involved because Warner Bros. were considering hiring a hack. Fucking Brett Ratner was on the directors shortlist. Anyway, they should've given Jackson more time.
>By that same logic you could argue that the prequels are shit because Lucas was blacklisted by the Directors' and Writers' Guilds.
What?

First Hobbit was legit the second best movie of the LOTR franchise. However 2 was mediocre and 3 is one of the worst movies I've seen.

Episode 1 is the best out of the 3, people are retarded. It goes 1 > 2 > 3.

Overall gotta give it to SW.

But no one forced Jackson to get involved.
He wasn't thrown into anything, he voluntarily accepted a shitty situation.

George Lucas asked plenty of directors and writers to work on the prequels, including Ridley Scott and James Cameron, but no one accepted because George Lucas was blacklisted so they feared for their careers.

Dead Alive is amazing, fuck you

>including Ridley Scott and James Cameron, but no one accepted because George Lucas was blacklisted so they feared for their careers.
Huh, I knew he had approached Spielberg but I didn't know he tried to get Scott and Cameron. Who else did he approach?

Hobbit:
1 > 3 > 2

Prequels:
1 > 3 > 2

Really gets the ol noggin joggin