I just saw it, americucks. Ask me anything

I just saw it, americucks. Ask me anything.

Is Jubilee in it at all?

were there any decent Munn Ass shots?

God this looks like a clusterfuck

How much did you vomit into your popcorn tub?

She is in like 3 or 4 scenes. Less than 2 minutes.

Is Wolverine more than a cameo?

No.
He is at the Weapon X facility, Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler set him free, then he goes on a rampage killing soldiers.

How would you rate it compared to the other x-men movies?

is it good?
Also please tell me theres another QS scene like in DoFP

Does Toad have a cameo

This is probably one of the worst super hero movies of the last few years.

The movie is incredibly rushed despite being over 2 hours.

Many "core" characters have no development (I think Psylocke has about 3 lines).

The final fight is boring and generic as fuck

The writing is terrible.
Every single one of Mystiques lines are meant to be "inspirational" but just end up feeling clunky.
Nearly every Quicksilver line is some sort of joke.

You could go on but i'll just say that this. This is the worst cape movie since green lantern.

I haven't seen BvS so I can't comment on that, but this movie is truly terrible.

In my opinion First Class and DOFP are way better.
QS has a similar scene.
The x-mansion blows up and QS gets every mutant out in 1 second

No, there are a bunch of kids at the Mansion, maybe one of them but I don't think so.
Blob has a cameo.

Tell us about the fight scenes

Who fights who?
How do they beat Apocalypse?
Who delivers the final blow(s)?

phoenix

does she do the thing with the sparkles and stars?

How was Phoenix visually? Did Jean have to die to use it?

She does nothing with her powers.

ded?

Nop.
IShe runs after Apocalypse is defeated
Just fire with the form of a Phoenix.
She doesn't die.

not op, but I watched it yesterday.
Angel dies, Nightcrawler fucks him up twice.
I am fine witht hat since Angel and Cypher are my least favorite x men characters.

whats the fucking point then?

Nightcrawler fights Angel in a clandestine fight club.

Beast fights Storm and Psylocke
Angel and Nightcrawler again
Quicksilver and Apocalypse
Xavier has a mental battle with Apocalypse too.

Magneto, Rightclops and Jean fight Apocalypse at once, Storm comes to help too at the end.

I don't know man, I don't know...

Quips are good only when the mcu makes them!!

This was comedy done well.

What letyou think that psylocke was an actual character and not just a henchmen/small villain like crossbones or kgbeast?

And he tried to fight Apocalypsis with his super speed but got rekt.

I'd say it's better than First Class but DOFP is slightly better.

ONLY DISNEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MAKE SUPERHERO FILMS REEEEEE IT SUCKS

>people should praise this because it's not Disney

I fuckin loved DoFP & First Class because they were actually pretty good movies.

This on the other hand was just tedious

please respond

>People praise First Class, DoFP, and Deadpool, despite being made by fox
>People shit on the subpar movies made by fox

If this were true, wouldn't people complain about those other ones?

I dunno, probably the fact she was all over the posters and advertising. Unlike crossbones who was promoted to an extent which actually reflected his role in the film.

if anything Crossbones actually played a more important role in his movies than Psylocke did in Apocalypse. At least we knew his motivations.

Imagine if the the assassin team from civil war was all over the posters & trailers for Civil War and you might get an idea of how little Psylocke did in this film.

Do the theological and religious assumptions of the movie come off as ignorant and forced?

Or does the subtle implication that Apocalypse had a larger role on the development of humankind make him more interesting

Objective best girl list:

Jubilee = Moira > Psylocke > Jean > Storm > shit > jlaw

Do you think this will lead to busy/packed theaters? Or will word of mouth kill it like BvS?

>x-men
singer tells a boring rogue origin story and squanders one of the most iconic x-men villains (sabertooth). magneto’s plan is retarded and the movie feels cheap. The only reason anyone liked it is for jackmans performance as wolverine.
>x2: x-men united
the only x-men movie that is decent, mostly because it that opening nightcrawler scene in it and focuses primarily on wolverine and professor x who were the only good things about the previous movie. but you might as well call it “wolverine and the x-men” because no one else seems to really do anything. at least the story is ok (it’s the only one that is).
>x-men 3: last stand
funny singer couldn't be bothered to direct this movie, but afterwards he decides that he needs to spend the next three fucking movies undoing everything so he can re-tell the story. if this story was so important to you, then why didn’t you just direct the movie you fucking douche?

>x-men: first class
why tell an x-men first class story if you are just going to use the most boring unknown x-men characters like darwin and that fucking fairy girl. why not use cyclops at least? why does singer hate cyclops? and why even have mystique in the movie at all? its like they just picked random b-list characters no one cares about or wants to see. also this movie wins the award for worst casting ever. emma frost, young professor x, young beast, and mystique were all horrible casting choices. why even fucking do a prequel anyway? are prequels ever actually good? just do x-men 4. fuckin hell.
>x-men: days of future past
this movie is MASSIVELY overrated. singer gives us all what no one asked for: a non-origin wolverine time traveling story without his metal claws. he brings back professor x from the dead in the same body without any explanation. then he brings back only the most poorly casted characters from first class and kills the rest off-screen. he again spends too much time on mystique when no one fucking likes her or cares about her story. the only new character he manages to give more than 30 seconds of screen time to is quicksilver who like mystique is a minor character no one wanted to see and he makes him way overpowered to boot. the only really cool parts in the movie are the fight scenes in the future, but the movie doesn’t bother to explore those characters or give any of them any time. instead it’s the 70s adventures of boneclaw, mystique, and not-bald/not-paralyzed charles. the villain, trask, poses no threat to the heroes, and the story devolves quickly into “oh no magneto going to kill the humans - episode 5”. look i’m sorry Sup Forums, but this is a fucking shit movie. deal with it.

There is viral material (like the DoFP timeline for the last movie) that explains how he destroyed Rome, Babel, Sodoma, etc. but its not featured in the movie.

You can watch him in the movie as a pharaoh.

Its hard for superheroes movies to do less than 600m this days. With China and South America is easy mode. This is in the lower end of blockbusters budget. China and SA dont care about reviews.

Some old lady at the theater literally said referring to Havok: He is Gambit, but he couldnt die here, he is in X-men 3 after all. There is so much wrong with that single sentence that you now realize people in the third world are really ignorant/dont care about that shit.

i fucking hate bryan singer. he has had 15 years to build up this x-men universe and we have one decent x-men movie (x2). fuck you bryan singer.

I have my own summary too.

>X men
After B&R kills the cape genre, Singer tries his best to revive it and thanks to the X-men and Blade the genre revived. X-men was a really nice movie victim of the age in which Superhero movies were office cancer and you had to be more cautious.

>X2
The best X-men movie. He goes deeper, bigger and better and makes a movie which until today is normally ranked in the top ten of every cape list.

He leaves the franchise.

X3 and Origins happens.

The franchise suffer and its about to die.

FC reignites some interest but cant revert the damage X3 and origins did to the brand.

>DoFP
Singer comes back and BTFO everyone. Great reviews, still the one of the best rated superhero movie out of the last 10 years. Financial success.

I dont see the issue with Singer here. Other than maybe that he is too good for capeshit.

>he brings back professor x from the dead in the same body without any explanation.
Really? They address that in X3. You could easily interpret it as a mental projection over the new body.

Or you could go the deep end and watch the bluray extras where they explain the guy in Coma is Xavier's twin brother who was mind wiped on the womb accidentally by Xavier. Sure, its retarded but so the rest of X3. Still is easier to go with the random coma patient and mental projection.

Oh, is this one of those threads were we pretend to be retarded and ask shit like what was Lex's plan?

X-Men First Class happened because it was originally X-Men Origins: Magneto, but the story revolved around him and Professor X, so they ended up going for a full prequel with everyone.

>too good for capeshit.
He has made X-Men 1, X-Men 2, DOFP, Apocalypse and Superman Returns.
Only X-Men 2 and DOFP are good.

The twin brother thing is still really stupid

When do the Rangers form the Mega Zord?

Being an X-Fan is suffering

X1 was good for the limitations he had to work with.

Superman Returns is not bad as a sequel to the Donner movies.

Apocalypse is average. Not much better or worse than CW and BvS. I liked the 3 of them for different reasons.

HOLY FUCK THAT LOOKS SO BAD

Psylocke had cool fight scenes that make up for not having more characterization

This is better than any SHAKY CAM fight in Civil War

It's in par with First Class and the first Singer movie, if you like X-men sans Last Stand you'll like this. It won't blow you away like the last time but it's good no matter how much Marvel shills who want the rights to be taken from Fox say otherwise.

I liked how they handled Apocalypse and the Horsemen.
All the horsemen had great costumes.
Magneto's early scenes got a bit sappy, but it wasn't too bad.
Mystique being a huge hero worked within the context of the other movies, but I'd prefer if we never saw her again on-screen.
Quicksilver was just as good as in DoFP.
Post credit scene teases Mister Sinister and gives hope for X-23 in the future.

Arguably the second best X-men movie after X2.

Does Psylocke have an English accent?

She speaks so little I never even thought about it.

Not really, she very little, and it doesn't even really matter.

Barely, she doesn't even do anything just like 3 short talking scenes.

Feel kinda bad for the actress. She was real cute as Jubilee.
Hope there's more of her in the next one.

Personally I hope there exists an extended kids in the mall cut, just like the Rogue cut for DoFP

There's got to be at least some cut scenes with her.

american

Not as good as DoFP, but pretty good.

Though Apocalypse wasn't as threatening as I had hoped.
Also he had four henchmen and none of them were really of use.

>Not as good as the Future bits of DoFP, but way better then the Past.
FTFY

>Also he had four henchmen and none of them were really of use

I don't know, their weakness was lack of team work, which makes sense. They dominated the fight without Magneto who had another task, and the three remaining ones only lost because Kurt took down Angel and Psylocke with the jet escape and Storm had minimal combat training.

Psylocke looked good in her outfit

pic related and her Auschwitz scene gave me a boner

i'm with you on DOFP

TERRIBLE

DoFP blows. This user gets it. I'm sick of hearing my friends gush over it. Timey wimey bullshit that makes no sense; Mystique is the focal point because JLaw's Raven has plot powers. Trask is a throwaway antagonist with little (if any) characterization, wasting Dinklage.

The only parts of DoFP that I enjoyed were moments shared by Charles and Erik in the future, and that's definitely 100% to do with Stewart and McKellen's chemistry and real-life friendship coming through.

DoFP blows.

So Olivia Munn turned down the role of Vanessa Carlyle to play a completely under-utilized Psylocke. Vanessa Carlyle who apparently got way more screen time, dialogue, and characterization, with plenty of possibility of returning (either as a humie or Copycat).

kek.

they will use her for X Force

I kinda agree on DoFP. In the end, ignoring QS' scene, the only thing I really enjoyed were the scenes with the old cast. And I think in the end that's the biggest merit of the movie and the reason it was praised, nothing similar was ever done before in capeshit

Hell, in some aspects Singer comes as immature with the franchise, for the lack of a better word. What good reason did Charles have to walk again other than to allow Singer to "actually" cripple him?

But I didn't care about her fight scene at all precisely because of that lack character.

Like why did she just go with along with the plan to destroy the world?

Apocalypse just fucking shows up, makes her energy blade a little bigger and BOOM suddenly she's down with the mass killing of anyone she's ever known with barely one line of dialogue.

she then spends the rest of the movie just standing there, showing off her tits, before a final battle which, apart from the Professor v Apocalypse mind battle, is pretty bad in the first place.

She probably had more lines but she's such a horrible actress they probably had to cut most of her dialog. I work in post-production as an editor and this happens all the time.

Besides looking cool, it makes no sense why Apocalypse would give her a boob window leotard

will this movie even beat civil war opening weekend (civil war's fourth weekend) in the states? people aren't talking about apocalypse at all leading up to it.

yes, i'm exaggerating. civil war will obviously have diminishing returns. but i still have my doubts as to whether x-men will snag first place its opening weekend. hell, the nice guys is having crazy word-of-mouth and might just be a second-weekend sleeper hit.

He still does more interesting things and his scene is longer than anyone else in the movie except maybe Quicksilver and Nightcrawler.

Magneto magnetoing it up with swirling metal particles flying everywhere while he floats in the air doesn't really count, imo.

same user here. oh don't get me wrong, baccarin was such a better choice, she should have been fox's first choice. she made vanessa fiery and fun. (really dunno why i don't see her come up in all the waifu fights)

I can forgive everything but the GOD. DAMN. BLACK. LEATHER. OUTFITS.

Singer, what the FUCK are you doing

seeing as how reviews dictate everything in the box office and its up against that godawful Alice sequel that no one wants that's also got bad reviews, it might edge out CW by a small margin

no

>But I didn't care about her fight scene at all precisely because of that lack character.

She's a glorified henchman, who was good for what she was there to do: fight for Apocalypse in few neat fight scenes. Since when do you need to have motivation in order to enjoy such characters to fight? She was a two bit bodyguard who got charmed to serve Pockylips because he promised her a leg up with bigger powers and status in life, plus there clearly was some low level of mind control involved with the recruitment of the horsemen.

anyone know who those four horsemen En Sabah Nur had in the Egypt opening? I think I saw a beast man and a Storm lookalike

"Look guys! Flightsuits."

What kind of power usage do we see in this movie?

they literally put on some Weapon X flight suits they find before going to Egypt. They don't have any official suits because a) half of them are kids and b) X-men haven't existed for a good decade, nobody has costumes ready, and then the movie literally ends with everyone in colorful costumes, cool your autism.

so those kids Storm was looking after are dead right?

Cape costumes are at their best when they don't make sense anyway.

As in huge feats?
One of Apocalypse's former horsemen protecting him like a boss while a pyramid colapses on top of them.
Quicksilver emptying the entire X-mansion before it blows up.
Magneto nearly ripping the earth apart.
Apocalypse tanking pretty much all the X-men can throw at him.
Jean unleashing a fragment of the Phoenix Force to overwhelm Apocalypse.

Not enough shaky cam/10

>godawful Alice sequel that no one wants
That's what I thought too. Shows what I know, apparently.

But at least I now know not to go watch the sequel. The first one it was "The trailers look really bad but idk, maybe it'll be good".

Cool!

Magneto decimates Auschwitz and causes world wide destruction with his magnetism that rips buildings apart, Apocalypse disintegrates Kairo with his powers and then uses the city as a building block to build a giant Pyramid, Nightcrawler bamfs all over the place while grapling with Angel which is pretty neat but brief sequence, Angel gets trapped in rubble but uses his razor wings to spin and break free which was pretty cool, Jean goes full Pheonix, Apocalypse slaps Xavier around in psychic realm fight, Psylocke creates a psychic lasso at one point and almost garrotes Beast to death, Quicksilver evacuates the entire mansion just as it is blowing up to the tune of Eurorhytmics' "Sweet dreams are made of this" just after Havok blows up Cerebro. Oh and Jubilee is cute, CUTE! in every second of her small screen time, Plus Wolverine snikts bazillion bubs in Weapon X facility during a rampage while he escapes, wearing his classic Weapon X garb.

Uh, he's from Ancient Egypt. People showed a lot of skin in those days.

Is this the most deaths so far in a cape flick?
Cairo had about 6,8 million inhabitants in 1980 which are all dead, and Magneto has got to have killed at least a few million people when he ripped apart all the cities on earth.

That kind of bugs me.
I like my Apocalypse to not be a foe you can beat with brute strength. Sure, he wins but that beating doesn't make him look good.

That beating did literally nothing to him.

>Magneto has got to have killed at least a few million people when he ripped apart all the cities on earth
Yeah, but that one dude killed his family by accident, though.

please tell me that he quips