REBIRTH LEAKS

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/20/warning-dc-universe-rebirth-1-spoilers-leak-on-reddit-and-you-wont-believe-dc-comics-has-gone-there/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U0qMNe34ZaM?t=121
theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/19/alan-moore-jerusalem-spring-2016-publication
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy fucking shit, this sounds incredible. JSA'S BACK BITCHES

It didn't even occur to me he was responsible for the New 52, I was too busy being assblasted about the idea of them in the DC universe. Oh fuck this is either awesome or shit. No in between.

Holy shit. This is going to be GOAT or fucking Amazons Attack

This is so weird.

Oh man, if DC fucks this up it could actually kill them as a company. On the other hand, if they pull it off it's going to be one of the greatest things ever.

this is good news

This is why Alan killed Cooke and why he will eventually dissolve DC with poor Frank's life force.

Let's all celebrate the death of art in dc. Fuck a piece of literature remaining in it's plot. Dig it up we need the bones for phosphorus. It's all just fodder for the cash machine. "Leave the story be?" but that won't generate hype for this crossover and we need people to buy buy buy. We own you now shut your fucking mouth and produce money.

welcome to comics

Lol missed before watchmen kiddo? Mommy and daddy not get you a computer until you turned 13 last year?

I heard that drinking your own cum might cure you from your sadness.

Johns is an absolute madman. I'm on board.

Nigga I'm 34. I bitched like this when death of superman first hit shelves

>if DC fucks this up it could actually kill them as a company

Please explain how this could kill them as a company.

Gay.

Tell me about it.

This is the last person I expected. He did nu52? How and why?

I'm so happy the JSA is back

I don't even care about Watchmen or Wally

I known Wally was coming back.

Good to know you stuck with them.

Watchmen in dc continuity. Did they consult Dan slott on this idea? "Hey Dan what would you do for your readers if you were here at dc?"

it's likely meta referencing how Watchmen seeded this dark age of comics that we haven't escaped yet

I bet Johns called Morrison about this.
Is it ACTUALLY him or is it the version Grant wrote in Multiversity?

This is so far beyond the usual DC stupidity that I can't even hate it. They'll do something to sour me on it within the first month, I'm sure, but I'm actually a bit optimistically curious about where they go with this.

so you have no backbone or any personal integrity. Nice.

They probably went with the marvel method.

Piss off their audience, make money.

>I was too busy being assblasted about the idea of them in the DC universe. Oh fuck this is either awesome or shit. No in between.
Well, it's said that he "stole" something from the DCU, so I could work if someone goes to the Watchman universe and see a perfect super hero world, were everyone is happy, Roarchac is just a regular vigilante, Silk Specter is a actress by day/heroine by night and Night Olw is a tragic, but otherwise normal Batman character. This happend because Doc stole something from the DCU that gave it a "the heroes always win" attitude to it

Then multiverse shit happens, and the magic is lost, and then Doc goes full
youtu.be/U0qMNe34ZaM?t=121

IN WALLY WE TRUST

That would fit. Morrison probably doesn't give a shit about upsetting Moore too and would talk Geoff into it if he had doubts.

>optimistically curious about where they go with this.
Nowhere but down mate then STATUS QUO. Then White Wally will die saving Black Wally.

Based Geoff

>Watchmen ends with him saying he thinks he'll create life
>he is the hand at the beginning of creation that created the DC multiverse
>he also famously said nothing ever ends
>his other hand is the empty hand that never lets it end

What the fuck?

>Doctor Manhattan is responsible for Nu-Harley

You fucking monster.

Guess they realized there could be two Wally West given how there are two Spider-Man and two Captain America....wait no that doesn't make sense.

You mean like how they have two Karas. He will probably get a new codename and costume like with that.

>There are three Jokers.
> Watchman are now part of the DCU

DC is dead to me. WHERE'S MAHVEL!!

So it was Dr. Manhattan's hand that Krona saw at the beginning of time?

theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/19/alan-moore-jerusalem-spring-2016-publication

Thursday 19 March 2015

Alan Moore’s Jerusalem builds to spring 2016 publication

The novel is said to explore the small area of Northampton where Moore grew up, ranging from his own family’s stories to historical events to fantasy, with chapters told in different voices. The author told the New Statesman that there would be a “Lucia Joyce chapter, which is completely incomprehensible ... all written in a completely invented sub-Joycean text”, while another chapter would be written in the style of a Samuel Beckett play, and a third would be “a noir crime narrative based upon the Northampton pastor James Hervey, whom I believe was the father of the entire Gothic movement”.

He told the BBC that the “middle bit” is “a savage, hallucinating Enid Blyton”, and the Guardian that the last “official chapter” was being written “somewhat in the style of Dos Passos”.

Why does Alan Moore copy other people's styles so much in his next book?

>>So I asked around and was told that, yes, they are genuine and that the comic states that Doctor Manhattan was directly responsible for the existence of the New 52.
Never before have I hoped this hard for Bleeding Cool to be severely misinformed, or to be using knock-off merchandise.

>There are three Jokers.
What?

>Watchmen is now part of DC regular continuity
I can't think of how many ways they need to fuck over Watchmen's story to make it work. At a certain point it even stops being Watchmen and just becomes AU versions of Watchmen characters that have entirely different histories for the most part and when it becomes that you have to wonder why bother integrating them at all? Hell it basically saved Ozymandias's ass because there really are aliens that can invade the earth. My head just blew up.

That is the stupidest fucking thing.

It is better just be the christian god or something. Doctor Manhattan? Fucking seriously?

That was the full spoiler post. Wally, JSA, 3 Jokers, and Watchmen.

That would be yes. Assuming the press about rebirth is right.

What's the point in that when comics will continue to hamfistedly attempt genuine pathos with grown men in tights after this rebranding, though? Just seems like shallow fanservice for continuity nerds.

It was him all along.

It's not part of regular continuity any more than Gotham by Gaslight is, mongoloid.

The Anti-Monitor tried to retcon himself in during COIE

Disneyfag pls.

>it's ok when multiversity did it

was there not a panel in watchmen similar to this with Dr Manhattan's hand?

To give a villain to the story and a reason for the current state of things in-universe.

DC always explains their retcons in stories like this. They don't just change things.

This smells of just WANTING a controversy.
I mean, there are hundreds of characters that could have taken Manhattan's place in this whole mess, but they had to even turn this into a thing?

Because I was paid to say so

Man, you are xenos arent you ?

>this thread

>>multiverse

He's gone this far without mentioning how much he loves it when his trans girlfriend fucks him in the ass, so probably not,

I don't even think Manhattan is capable of doing this.

>yfw The Joker rapes Batman with a cigar in his mouth.

I like it just being "The hand of the nameless god".

He shouldn't need a name because he is fucking THE GOD! It ruins the whole thing.

Gordon we know that's you, fuck off

>they seriously think Wally is coming back
>implying he isn't here just to facilitate nigger Wally to try and get him over with fans

You fags never learn

Yes that's exactly the point. You know what else is part of the multiverse? The actual Earth you exist in.

But how does the metatextual message enhance that story? We've already done this whole "poorly written adult superheroes poisoned the industry" song and dance before, hell, I think Morrison has done it at least twice.

Why didn't they use this guy?

WE WATCHMEX NOW

Is this what bait has been reduced to?

Batman vs Not Doc Manhattan won't sell

SON OF A BITCH

He doesn't sell Tshirts and lunchboxes.

No. I just heard about this. I was busy looking for a proper reaction image from my phone.

I am not the only crybaby who hates on DC around here.

>Implying that isn't Doctor Manhattan

It directly villainizes the change as wrong. How does it not enhance the story?

We don't know if it's done well until we read it of course, but come on.

>guardians are the oldest beings
>they're blue

Fucking Johns man.

But he only created the New 52

>wah wah i'm mad they using manhattan
>why don't they use someone who is basically him
retard baby

that seems like an interesting concept. i think hes trying to show that there are many different things that can happen in your life

i think it's amazons attack

this is like marvel-tier bad

Can't they call one black Wally and one white Wally?

they could but people could get mad

>tfw white Wally adopts black Wally because Barry is a negligent asshat

>DC using characters within their universe to do things that make sense both in character and feed into the story
>somehow as bad as Marvel

literally how

Because the symbology falls really flat once you realize the characters will continue being jerks and losers, as history has shown?

>Dr. Manhattan created the new DC universe

This is so batshit crazy and out of left field. I love it.

Dear god I love you

Johns doesnt want to use any of Morrison's concepts.

>Dr. Manhatter is the blue hand at the start of creation.

The scary thing is that this fits within established DC lore.

BRB rereading Watchmen.

Remember when Pandora created the new 52? Nah fuck that.

I don't think that really changes the meaning of the story though just because it won't pan out.

I don't think he created the DC universe, just the New 52

It's shit and you know it Rich fuck off you fuck.

Yeah because Superfirl and Powergirl don't exist.

>self-contained deconstruction of cape fiction with a clear-cut beginning and end gets shoehorned into sales gimmick for struggling company

what a genius move

Still waiting for one of the people that're loosing their shit to explain exactly why the Watchmen thing is so bad?

>Didio: Hey remember how Pandora released evil with her box? Let's make a story.
>Johns: Nah fuck that. We Earth 3 story now!
>Didio: Remember how Pandora made nu52?
>Johns: Nah fuck that Dr. Manhattan
Based Cereal King

It's funny because this isn't the first time the JSA were sidelined or written out of a universe because they weren't thought to be relevant or popular enough.

And they just keep coming back anyways.