I wish we used the metric system

I wish we used the metric system...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter
youtube.com/watch?v=SmSJXC6_qQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a great system based upon a stick in Paris.

We already do where it works best.
American customary works best for everyday measurements.

why stop the metric revolution?
suppose you must really love BBC (Big British Cock)

literally liberia tier

It was literally Ronald Reagan and his autism. Back in the 70s/80s we were on the way to metrication.

US military uses metrics. But you should really adopt the Celsius temperatures.

all drug deals here use the metric system.
t. knower

>there are still people who believe in the arrival of man to the moon

these threads always kindle my hatred of europeans

>MUH MUH MUH MOON

I wouldn't know what to do without my furlongs and bushels.

>it's a british snowflake edition

you really should

fag

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Get with the time grandpa.

I never understood why they seem to swear by this crazy East-Prussian and his completely nonsensical temperature gradient system that isn't even linearly convertable to human degrees.

>bushels
Some folks say a nigga won't steal
I caught three in my corn field
One has a bushel
And one has a peck
One had a rope and it was hung around his neck

wouldn't have happened if they stuck to Imperial for everything

Here we go again.

Canada put men on the moon

nothing in common with you stuck-up cunts

>do some expensive, useless shit first in the world
>brag about another 1000 years

Muh heritage gone wrong.

Being first to do something is a big deal.

don't worry op, president elizabeth warren is going to convert america to the metric system in 2022

t. crystal ball haver

>A furlong is a measure of distance in imperial units and U.S. customary units equal to one-eighth of a mile, equivalent to 660 feet, 220 yards, 40 rods, or 10 chains. Using the international definition of the inch as exactly 25.4 millimetres, one furlong is 201.168 metres

>1 US bushel = 8 US dry gallons = 4 US pecks = 2150.42 cubic inches = 9.3092 US fluid gallons = 35.2391 litres = 7.7515 imperial gallons

Science and medieval measures dont go well together
eitherway, the imperial weight system is measured on kilograms nowadays so it wouldnt be such a bad idea, you're just giving a different name for a very specific number of kilograms
youtube.com/watch?v=SmSJXC6_qQ8

Some things are just better in imperial

Like pints. An English pint is the perfect amount of beer so why not keep it

How many stones do you weight my caveman britmonkey friend?

well at least you shot a bunch of metal and a dog into space first :^)

>he doesn't buy his vegetables by the bushel

you mean doing something just to attention whore, making a big deal of it, being sincerely proud of it and bragging about for decades long? that is, if it even happened in the first place

I weigh 12 stone

Stone is also another good example of a superior measurement. What difference does it make if you're 75kg or 76kg? You can't even tell. Stone measurements a sensible thing to do, like measuring height in feet. You wouldn't measure your height in millimetres it's excessive and not pertinent

>pint
in spain we call them Cañas when its half a liter
nobody says "50 centilitres of beer please"
Most beers are either 1/3 of a liter or 1/2 of a liter

>if it even happened in the first place
Ivan is this upset he denies our achievement.

the insane thing is that when you actually order a pint of beer you don't even receive a pint

you anglos are all out of your minds

T. Moonlet
Why aren't you guys fun anymore? Go from starting the space race to this.

Ah but you see, a third of a litre is too little and half a litre is too much! And therein lies the truth - that a pint is just perfect

Lel

>that is, if it even happened in the first place
this

What are you talking about you wild animal of course you get a pint. Pint glasses all have level marks on them to show how much a pint is. Only in Canada does a pint not really mean a pint, it's just a term for a large glass of beer over there

>that is, if it even happened in the first place
it did, just not the way they said it happened

>mutts actually consider landing on a piece of rock an achievement
wew lad

"How tall I am? About two an 'alf goober mate"
Haha I'm an anglo now :-)

Don't bully them too hard. It's hard when you're not a superpower, your economy is 1/10th of the soviet peak and all your space shit is rusting in some abandoned kazakstani warehouse.

the salt is palpable

Because it's superior

euros couldn't measure their penises with an inch so they had to invent something smaller

>50 centilitres of beer please

> salt lies lies we moon we proud oogabooga

why are you so mad that you lost the space race?

It's only natural private entrepreneurs dealing with an international supplier and specific amounts of chemical compunds would use metric.

"How tall am I" "about 1822729768.5829 micrometres sven"

I am Swedish now

why are YOU so mad you lost the space race to the point where you have to make up moon race tier arguments?
>inb4 muh moon part 9000

My dick lenght is 14 cm

Is this it? Is the space race what triggers Ivan?

>you wild animal

t. loves large amounts of luke-warm horse piss he calls beer

you can’t think of anything relevant to respond so instead you use basic buzzphrases, eg you’re triggered, nice butthurt etc etc. typical mutt, what else is there to say?

Excuse me, English ales are served at cellar temperature, just like Belgian beers. If you complain about beer not being refrigerated then you might just be a yank

Why do Americans keep posting about the moon landing when we find out with each passing year more and more how the Van Allen Radiation Belt is impossible to pass.

Hahaha this is too good. This is useful info.

you’re too boring even for an amerimutt, I’ll leave you to it. don’t be sad though, you’ll be the first sometime too^^

>
Sure m8, that is why the whole world has the stereotype of you serving tepid luke-warm beers. They even laughed at you for that in an Asterix album.

Also you don't have self-control. You need the state to come in and make boundaries by law, because if you drink after 23h you change into animals. Even after they abolished that law you binge-drink like pigs.

Wtf is wrong with you, you need to ban everything and the kitchen sink to protect you against yourself. Bin that butter knife. No buying spoons under age 18. You're fucking weird and your country is a nightmare for any level-headed chap to live in.

The russians did not start the space race, they won it.

NASA uses metric you fucking retarded fatass

>Let me tell you about your country
>Int memes

Double whammy!

Sorry to say this but no person from a real country will care what a Belgian has to say. We like drinking, so what, pub culture is amazing and much more enjoyable than sensibly sitting in a cafe til 10, every foreigner here seems to have a great time

With the help of Soviet science and technology*
The USA didn't send a man to the moon, the international scientific community did. It was a combined effort from people all around the world, so you can drop the jingoistic bullshit. While you're at it, you may want to switch back to your actual flag.

rude

>challenger exploded because a nasa subcontractor used imperial instead of metric for parts
CANNOT
FABRICATE

It was responsible for some very important indirect technology we all use today.

No it's not.

>when you wish upon a star

>defending warm beer
The English are just as retarded as the Americans when it comes to bullshit national pride.
Beer is to be drank cold. It's not the fucking 1500s any more.

English cellars are not warm and we don't live in a desert, they're served at 10-15 degrees. Of course a post like this is to be expected from a desert yank

Challenger exploded because of frigid temperatures fucking up a crucial part of the boosters. Being too stubborn to stop the launch despite engineers urging them to stop, they went ahead with the launch and it blew up.

I love you and admire you, that is why I reserve myself the right to give you my cold opinion. Here we have a saying: "bullying a girl is asking for love".

Anyway, your tourists sure seem to have an amazing time here, as ever since the local beer tasting festival got popular and Brits arrived, we have official nannies in uniform now to keep them from fighting or vomiting all over the carpet.

Still, you're always welcome.

You will some day