Atheists think this happened from 'nothing'

>atheists think this happened from 'nothing'

No it happened through a complex intake of external sensory and threat processing that forced it to evolve into the shape you see.

right because rocks and dust can sense threats because you know how many bigger rocks are threatening to eat those rocks!

Yes because all there is in the universe is rock's and dust

ATHEISTS THING YOU IS EASY TARGET FOR ATHEISTIC POWERED WEAPON.

>Christians think this happened from nothing

nononono youre right, there was NOTHING in the universe. then because there was a threat that nothingness exploded and became rocks and dust, which then felt threatened by all the nothing which decided to grow legs and stuff

well an infinite being comes with the explanation that it IS infinite, which us finite beings cant begin to fathom anyways. it always was, and always will be.
however, with finite matter and biochemistry, there is no true explanation. it had to start somewhere.

no true explanation aside from creation i mean

I would argue that to the extent that it is difficult to believe that a simple thing could spontaneously come from nothing, it is quite literally infinitely more difficult to believe that an infinitely more complex thing could spontaneously come from nothing.

Christians think Satan put skeletons into rocks to lead them away from Christ.

atheism is into nihilism. both are living contradiction contradicting itself

>there was nothing
Wrong all space and time was once concentrated at a point smaller than a planck unit then a burst of dark energy inside of that point began to push resulting in the Big Bang. We have no idea if the point that reality came from always existed as explaining the preexistence of the universe is even more confusing than the universe.

well thats the difference, is youre imagining there being a beginning for the infinite being. being eternal, God doesnt have a beginning. as much as it will poke at the human way of thinking, its just not something our finite minds can comprehend.

Life is carbon based you moron we have literally nothing in common with rocks.

You just created the condition that everything has to come from something including the universe then precluded your own god from the same rule. If your god is infinite and eternal than one could just say the universe is infinite and eternal. If the universe had to be created, one could just say your god was created by a greater god and he by a greater god, ad infinitum. Or, in other words,
NOT

AN

ARGUMENT

i never implied that we came from rocks, i was using an admittedly oversimplified joke as satire. but tell me, at what point do you think carbon becomes sentient, let alone sensory to its surroundings

>consciousness is made from rocks and dust
>the human soul is made from rocks and dust

literally kys fedora

because there's no fossils from "transition species" you dumb fuck.

This is only true if nihilism becomes apathy

Every FINITE thing has to come from something. Things that are not eternal have beginnings. God, who IS eternal, does not have a beginning. I never applied the same rule to both biological life and God. And the universe is a collection of matter. Finite resources which, again, must have a beginning.

>Sup Forums thinks the jews did this

Do you have an alternate explanation for how life came about?

No so shut the fuck up retard.

>theists think it's appropriate to shill shit threads like these on a board about politcs, news and current events.

>worthless loser human cucks cant admit their ignorance so they have to make up shit to fill that void
Sorry, much rather stick dildos in the void than bullshit ;^)

>soul
Yh mate if I removed your cerebrum you would cease to exist.

That ancient bug got stuck in a rock. There's your explanation dumb OP.

Except for you know, the carbon and oxygen and 20 odd other vital elements.

It's OK if you don't understand it, but you don't have to be scared of it (the truth, I mean)

Yeah I do. Creation. Our planet hangs just rightly in orbit of the sun, just at the right place in space that it has a safe temperature and atmosphere to sustain life. Our moon is just the right distance away to provide notable light during night time, and generate an ecofriendly tide system (without being damaging, flying into us, or drifting off into space). Am I expected to believe that every single thing that happened here is by chance after an explosion, rather than by intelligent design?

We are mainly made of organics compounds mainly with carbon and some other elements.

>God doesnt have a beginning
Then I'll assume the universe doesn't have a beginning, it's much simpler than believing an infinitely powerful, complex super being came from nothing. Yes, there's the Big Bang, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything predating the Big Bang; it's called the beginning because physicists and cosmologists can't make reasonable predictions of what came before.

Listen stupid fuck you can live easily on this rock because you evolved to live on it, but you were placed say Gliese 581d you would mostly die because you didnt evolve on that rock you stupid fuck. This planet is also not the right distance for liquid water either at any freaking moment this planet can turn into an iceball.

>t is quite literally infinitely more difficult to believe that an infinitely more complex thing could spontaneously come from nothing.
God didn't 'come from nothing'. God exists outside of time and causality. You could say that God always existed, except that it doesn't really make sense to apply the concept of 'always' to God

They cant make reasonable predictions because everything their science lies on is entirely dependent on what we can observe directly, and limiting ourselves to our own finite human thinking. However, if you insist, we can always just agree to disagree. I have no personal qualms with you or anyone here.

>my god exists outside of time and causality
proof

Bernie could have been the first atheist president.

So much ad hominem because I refuse to believe in evolution. Look man, Im not going to argue with you. Believe what you will. Im just stating my position here.

According to atheism, that's just a completely random rock formation.

>Then I'll assume the universe doesn't have a beginning
You cannot do that, that would violate causality and all known axioms of science.

Meanwhile causality doesn't apply to God since God exists outside of time.

>I refuse to believe in facts even if they're presented to me under my nose

>Our planet hangs just rightly in orbit of the sun, just at the right place in space that it has a safe temperature and atmosphere to sustain life.

With a margin of error of 88.3 million miles

precision work.

Our moon is a giant empty metallic terraforming sphere placed specifically to nurture life here bruh

>all your shit doesn't apply to god because I said so
still no proof of god, still no proof of shit

And what you expect us just to make up kindergarden tier logic bullshit to explain everything you christian fucktards?
How the hell do you know anything about God?

>fishing for (you)'s

The cause of the universe exists outside of time, but it isn't God.

Given the quite likely trillions of stars and planets and solar systems etc etc etc...

Yes. It's actually a 100% certainty. In fact it's probably happened hundreds of times if not more. There's probably life that doesn't even need this kind of cycle and operates entirely differently.

We just don't know yet, factually. No space program, no discoveries you see.

Ur just jelly my god's cooler than yours.

Put the moon closer and everything dies retard.

Why is your god eternal but the universe is incapable of being eternal? I'm not talking about biological life, that's a red herring. And for all we know there is infinite matter in the universe, it's just that we can only see ~14 billion light years. Also the universe is not just a collection of matter, matter just happens to be in it.

I believe in God but I don't think he's omnipotent, he fucks shit up too much. I can't believe that all of Creation is just accidental, it is too unbelievable. I believe he is like a painter trying to make something, and with each layer of paint he ruins the earlier one, fucking shit up, but he's trying to end in a masterpiece.

stop making this thread

Doesn't your brain hurt when you simultaneously assume and project this much falsehood?

>ffs

sage

>Why is your god eternal but the universe is incapable of being eternal?
because dumb double standards and that it defeats his narrative

>creationists think God happened from nothing

>causality doesn't apply to God
>causality doesn't apply to God
>causality
Do you even understand what you are saying?

How do you explain aliens then? What did your god made them for?

Your God can't exist within time and out of time simultaneously.

Why do Christcucks have to result to such ridiculous mental gymnastics? Kek makes much more sense than Yahgay

big bang

Doesn't your brain hurt when you simultaneously assume and project this much falsehood?

>ffs

sage

>believe in facts
>theory of evolution
pick one

>How the hell do you know anything about God?
By logical inference and experimentation.

>The cause of the universe exists outside of time, but it isn't God.
Any cause of the 'universe that exists outside of time' is just another name for God.

What you're advocating is called pantheism, it's what poo-in-loo Hindus believe.

Conditions are absolutely not at all perfect to maintain life.

We are able to live here because we EVOLVED over billions of years to this environment.

Christfags make up crap they dont even use the bible as reference to what God can do.
How the hell do you know anything about God?

>its a theory not a fact
proves you don't know what a theory is or how its established. With over 100 years of actual study, observation and experimentation is a solid well observed fact

>They cant make reasonable predictions because everything their science lies on is entirely dependent on what we can observe directly
That's true in part, but not entirely. Inference and inductive reasoning are still a significant part of scientific inquiry.

>By logical inference and experimentation.

>I ran an experiment and proved god was real
kek you can't be this delusional, what goes into this experiment?

>the human soul
>this existing
>this been a physical object

Even "nothing" is something so fuck off atheist we live in a circle called earth that floats on nothing called space explain that to me faggot, you can't your logic and so called science is flawed and can only go so far.

>people unironically believe in some all powerful being

if it helps you sleep at night thinking there's something after death that's fine

but just remember some all powerful asshole created the shitty world we live in

remember to thank him for that every night before bed

No, there was also something, but the tiny something which expanded into the large something we have today, The tiny something was may have been another large something which eventually contracted into a tiny something.

If the moon was 1 foot closer, the entire earth would be magma.

If the moon was 1 foot further away, the earth's core would solidify and we'd all die to cosmic radiation.

Really makes you think.

>Your God can't exist within time and out of time simultaneously.
Yes he can. Remember that causality doesn't apply to God.

>Do you even understand what you are saying?
Yes, "causality doesn't apply to God" is just another way of framing the fact that God is omnipotent. (But framing it via a causality argument makes more sense to modern retards.)

>theory of evolution
>theory of
>theory

What flag is this? Sup Forums, is it Rare???

The conditions aren't perfect at all. Hell some 75% of this world is inhabitable for humans without external sources to adjust for living conditions

the human body is extremely susceptible to disease and damage.

90% of the world's water is undrinkable for humans, how "perfect" is a world when you can't live in it most of the time

>I don't know what a theory is and I want you to know it

Christians use circular logic and thing god is somehow immune to this argument.

>Remember that causality doesn't apply to God.
because you said so

How do you know that human minds are finite? It's not clear to me that human imagination has boundaries. Also, how do you know that God is infinite? The Bible doesn't say that he is. The Bible does not say he always existed, nor that he was created. It is silent on the question. So there is no Biblical reason to believe that he is forever impossible for humans to comprehend. We might figure him out one day, as we figured out the origins of species. (And let's not be distracted by a debate on evolution - even the Catholic Church acknowledges it to be uncontroversial and a fact.)

>doesn't know philosophy of mind

I hope you loathe your shit job and die lonely.

Oxygen on Earth was once a toxic byproduct of the cyanobacteria that lived in the Earth's shallow oceans of the time.

The fact that some of those organisms evolved a resistance to the toxicity of oxygen itself shows how life can evolve to changing circumstances. Now almost all life on Earth is dependent on Oxygen to power our mitochondria. You can still find anaerobic organisms that die when they come in contact with Oxygen, those organisms descended from others who were able to avoid the gas through their habitats.

>kek you can't be this delusional, what goes into this experiment?
Not all experiments are scientific. E.g., you can experiment with unprotected gay sex and find out that yes, indeed, God does hate fags.

Earth isn't floating
It's constantly falling towards the sun.

How do you know God is omnipotent?

Do you even have the faintest idea of how incomprehensible an actual omnipotent would be and how it cannot be the sky jew in your fairy tales you fucking retard?

The universe could very easily have existed prior to the big bang. Just the matter and energy we have today was spread from that event. There could've been infinite big bangs happening in a cycle or something else prior to it, it's just that nobody can predict what happened prior to then, just as no one could predict what happened prior to supposed creation by a deity.

>God exists so long as we change the definition of God
So God exists because I define God as my chair?

>What you are advocating is pantheism
The hell I am.

God is something very specific. All -theisms refer to intelligent beings. The logic of your previous post is fucked up because it in no way implies the cause is intelligent.

Of course it's in the right place there are so many other planets and possibly an infinite amount of them so some of them are bound to be in the perfect position with all the perfect pre requisites to form life.

I'm agnostic.
But, even if the Earth fell, where would it fall to?
The Universe has no floor, nor roof, nor even walls.
So, where would your supposed gravity pull the Earth to?
It is not a circle, it is a sphere.

>Not all experiments are scientific. E.g., you can experiment with unprotected gay sex and find out that yes, indeed, God does hate fags.
So great, your "experiment" has no logical follow up

you have no basis, no evidence and no conclusions. You don't have an experiment in any sense of the word

Humans messed up the world we could have had.

It doesn't matter whether or not causality applies to him if were talking about where he exists. God is contradictory

>implying

>Even "nothing" is something
The concept of nothing is something, but nothing by definition is the absence of existence.

>Humans messed up the world we could have had.
hardly, the world was very much as deadly as it is today as it was before life

How could we fuck up an entire planet idiot? You know that in 10,000 years everything we have done to this rock will be gone right?

>I don't know what a theory is and I want you to know it
>you
> an idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true

Your stupid little I'm going to guess 20 year old life is nothing compared to evolution. Basically you're an idiot.