Mfw everyone is assuming that the planet David carpetbombed with the black goo is the Engineer homeworld despite the...

>mfw everyone is assuming that the planet David carpetbombed with the black goo is the Engineer homeworld despite the fact that the humanoids who live there look drastically different from the Engineers we saw in Prometheus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEnoLnq8OZg
youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc
youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus&t=1s
amazon.com/Art-Making-Alien-Covenant/dp/1785653814/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-1&keywords=alien covenant
amazon.com/Alien-Covenant-Official-Collectors-Titan/dp/1785861921/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-3&keywords=alien covenant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who's the cuck with the hat?

Why are there a bunch

I mean thousand faggots on the ground in the middle of nowhere

>spacefaring civilization with WMDs
>can't even confirm the identity of a ship approaching their planet
>can't even shoot it down before it reaches them

Maybe the engineers are themselves divided into different races kind of like, oh I don't know, humans you gay autistic faggot sage sage sage

>can't even confirm the identity of a ship approaching their planet
Who says they couldn't?
>can't even shoot it down before it reaches them
They were obviously happy at its return. By the time they learn of its intentions it's too late to retaliate

The thing that pissed me off with Covenant is that the crew has zero intrigue in the completely alien Engineer ship they find marooned on a planet as well as the 9 foot tall space suit they find in there, I don't think they even talked about it in the movie at all.

Look literally the same

Drastically different eyes.

Could just be a different race. If you showed aliens a picture of white humans on mars, black humans on earth, and asian humans on the moon, they might say "different species, drastically different eyes/skin color/nose" then though they're all just subtypes of humans.

*even though

Why did David do it?

Where are the female Engineers?

Did they call it Alien Covenant instead of Prometheus 2 because Prometheus is considered shit?
or because "Alien" brings in more money?

He explained why in the movie.

Both

It was originally going to be entitled "Paradise Lost".

They are "Engineers" the first thing they did was get rid of the women.
If you don't get this then date a couple times.

The person on the left looks effeminate enough to be one. Theyre probably a hairless race

I think it would have been called Covenant regardless, you can't really call it "Prometheus 2" because it's not the same ship and "Prometheus" isn't the name of the "universe" (franchise).

>or because "Alien" brings in more money?

Yes. Alien has a lot of name recognition, it's good to attract people who might otherwise not be interested. Especially with the huge number of generic crappy sci-fi movies we've been getting lately (Passengers, Star Wars 7, the one where it's Conan the Barbarian but on Mars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jupiter whatever, etc.).

if this went all fine and dandy why did the ship crash? what happened AFTER david did this?

does it matter? does it have any baring on the plot?

>Who says they couldn't?
>They were obviously happy at its return. By the time they learn of its intentions it's too late to retaliate

Pick fucking one.

They learn the identity of the ship (a thousand year old research vessel), and are then happy because they think some of their war heroes or scientists are returning home. whats not to get?

which Star Trek episode was this

I miss the days where I'd get up and Alien/Aliens still took place in a mysterious universe and humans were nothing more than worker ants encountering a freaky thing.

Though in a way Aliens kinda lifted that veil when they started talking about fucking Arcturians.

Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?

>Though in a way Aliens kinda lifted that veil when they started talking about fucking Arcturians
I don't remember that...

Good chance they would not be able to tell us apart. You don't know what are their "priorities" in recognition. Maybe smell, vibrations or fuck knows are way more informative.

>I don't remember that...

youtube.com/watch?v=YEnoLnq8OZg

>fucking ghost ship carrying extinction level WMDs appears out of nowhere with no flight plan
>hurr durr maybe it's friendly!

In the real world an unidentified strategic bomber entering your airspace is kind of a big deal.

>Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?

I was under the impression the planet David bombed was another planet seeded by Engineers. Hence their excitement and waving when their "gods" have returned again.

>Would you be suspicious of a 2000 year old ship suddenly turned up out of the blue?
Not if I lived in a world where people can hibernate for thousands of years

>unidentified
David obviously knows how to work the engineer technology so who says he didn't transmit the appropriate codes or whatever the engineers have?

Which makes sense, until you ask yourself why they went there instead of the homeworld like they said they were going to do when Prometheus ended.

That would be toby keith.

I think they're referring to humans who live at Arcturus, not an alien...

Just because you know how to work technology doesn't mean you know the proper codes. The whole point of codes is make sure that you need to know more than just how to operate the technology to gain access.

>Female Engineers

Is fiction not fantasy

So.. it doesn't matter when its a male when its an Arcturian because..

they were clearly talking about a different race.

>but the one you got was male...
SJW genderfluid homeworld?

This was my favorite scene in the whole film.

David read the map wrong.

David bombed the aliens because they were a disappointment, and WeylandYutani androids are sociopaths.

Why not? Look at how weird places like Bangkok already are, who knows what could happen in space after a few generations of separation.

Man, Fassbender is fucking saving these movies.

Holy shit this actually makes sense. The only thing that doesn't fit is the deleted scene where David says he "learned of their ways" and then was teary as he killed them. It's kind of a cop out if he just killed some random humanoid peasants mistaking them for Gods.

Yea. And the really lackuster sets didn't help either. The only interesting one was the room with the big heads and even that very sparse.

>ship corridors
>wheat
>a forest from earth
>dark corridors in the ruined city
>dark rooms in the ruined city

The Engineer architecture on the ships is pretty interesting looking and their city looks like any 100AD town from the mediterranean.

Disgusting.

>Arcturians
>Martians
>Venusians

Its the same thing as talking about a Frenchie or a Yankee. Arcturus is clearly talking about the Star system Arcturus IRL.

They were the Muslims of Engineers hence the lack of technology and intelligence.

Aliens was really the downfall of the franchise despite being a great action film.
After that you get complete turds in 3 and R, then the fucking retarded AVP films. Prometheus and Alien:C are the best films in the franchise since Aliens but the rewrites on the scripts seems to be pulling em down.
Unless you hate the direction the prequels are going, but you should've been pissed about the direction of the alien films anyways after aliens released.

Wow dude cool it with the racism

Muslim isn't a race, hun :)

>its this same thread again..AGAIN
scott said they were the "offshoot" race while the ones we saw in Prometheus were the prime race

there were lots of buildings around the large open area in the middle but they never focused on them, they were in the background and looked like these peoples homes

Did you even watch the movie dude

How are people this fucking inattentive

ITT people who don't know about the Blade Runner connection.

Ok I'll repost this here since the other thread was archived.

My best guess is that's indeed another race created by the engineers.
They're more malleable and exploitable like Walter while humans are more like David.

Engineers are probably a dying civilization whose only way to keep existing is to create a new form of life (first us, then the guys David carpet-bombed). They messed up with humans who are now becoming too advanced and could potentially even threaten their existence.

they commented about the space suits and how big they were, but they weren't sure if it was a suit or a statue

bladerunner, soldier, the alien movies and the predator movies all take place within the same universe

What? You want me to fry you up some latkas? Some potatoe pancakes?

I would imagine since the Engineers were able to shield communication to and detection of the planet in Covenant, (the months long hurricane storms), they are even better at shielding their own planet from any species other than their own.

He learned of their ways in the sense that the black goop can be used to decompose biological life to yield creation and steps towards new life like in the intro of Prometheus. He's tearing up because he learned this and learned he had to decompose of life in order to get new forms of it.

The goop isn't a weapon. It's a biological catalyst for new life. The engineers created human beings and they made a covenant with the about what would be done if they broke their side of their agreement. Upon hitting a certain point of advancement, they were to contact and visit the engineers at the planet they went to which was a showcase facility (5 temples) where they likely would have showed them more advanced technology. Upon demonstrating that they had broken all sorts of aspects of the covenant :
youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

The engineer decided to beat them to a pulp.

they were at a concert

>make a shit thread
>nobody replies
>remake the same thread later
Just give up.

In The Crossing Prologue David narrates he learned their ways while traveling to the planet on the ship while Shaw slept in hibernation.

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus&t=1s

This annoyed me more than anything, our 21st century military might be backwards compared to them but even we wouldn't be so stupid. That was Independence Day level, the unknown ship coming back home and nobody does anything until it's too late. Imagine a long lost fully armed destroyer re-appearing and trying to sail into New York, would be destroyed long before.

too bad they have a working fucking space pad you faggot ass retard.

Engineers: taller, completely black eyes, completely hairless, technologically advanced.
Covenant humanoids: worship engineers, primitive clothing, shaved heads, neanderthal faces.

They were probably just another seeded race of the engineers. Unlike humans, the engineers got along with these guys and we're probably ushering them into their next step of evolution.

Yes, he said he learned of their ways.
He didn't say what he learned was wrong or destructive.
Their ways seem to be of (((creation))) which quite clearly david became obsessed with.

At the beginning of prometheus an engineer in a cloak purposely consumes the black goop in order to spawn new genetic life.

I'm creating another thread centered on a more solid construction. I can't believe people are missing this.

see they even have the same clothing.

I have Prometheus: The Art of the Film and the concept art blows away anything that actually showed up in the film. Especially the drawings for the Engineer homeworld.

I expect much of the same when the Covenant Art book arrives in the mail next week.

Not sure if it is a budget thing or what that kept these from coming to life.

Watched this with my girlfriend, we unironically agreed that we liked Prometheus more despite all the problems.

>They messed up with humans who are now becoming too advanced and could potentially even threaten their existence.

Prometheus touches on this even more when you pay attention to how the Engineer reacts after touching David and realizing he is synthetic.

The Engineers are very organic, almost religious in their ritualistic ways when it comes to creating life, (the one sacrificing himself at the beginning), so a synthetic robot like David that can live forever is not only a bastardization of how they view the cycle of life, death, and creation - but also a potential future threat to the Engineers themselves.

Because the superior engineers have molded their species and society. Robes have existed on earth so what's your point?

David is a slave to how own programming since the only way he can create life or legacy is to do so scientifically and by any means necessary as he as meant to do all along before Weyland was killed. Hubris will be his downfall as he is further driven mad by his obsession with creating new life.

The Engineers installed it.

Just because someone builds a Nintendo for a 10 year old boy doesn't mean the 10 year old boy can build one himself.

David is Bender trying to make food taste good.

^finally, someone with a brain.

Holy shit. I understand now.

Thanks for the mention. Wasn't aware of this.
> when the Covenant Art book arrives in the mail next week.
Is this it : The Art and Making of Alien: Covenant (simon ward)?

In the next movie, David will sacrifice himself and give birth to the OG xenomorph in order for it to become more biomechanical and have aspects of him.
Engineers in Prometheus sacrifice themselves to create new life and so must David.
He will become the pilot corpse on LV-426.

Yeah this one: amazon.com/Art-Making-Alien-Covenant/dp/1785653814/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-1&keywords=alien covenant

I'm not sure what this is: amazon.com/Alien-Covenant-Official-Collectors-Titan/dp/1785861921/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495312982&sr=1-3&keywords=alien covenant

but I ordered it anyway.

ummmmmmmmmm sorry sweetie but race is a social construct

Subspecies, then.

Just by this concept AvP could still be part of the universe. The predator understood the Aliens more and used them for their rituals

Did the engineers give up baseball cap technology also?

Is that Herc from The Wire?

Is that Herc?

no its vic mackey from the shield

post yfw Walter comes back with his predator army

Well, the reality is that any species that colonises space, is very unlikely to remain the same over long periods of time. Different planets will encourage divergent evolution. This is even more pronounced when it takes years and decades to go from one star to the other (isolation). Even the human population on Mars would evolve to adapt themselves to the environment (different gravity, thin atmosphere, radiation etc). Sooner or later, these breeds would diverge to the point they can no longer breed with each other, thus becoming an entirely new species.

these are the engineer plebs, just like human plebs look like another species some times

Why didn't his shuriken melt with the acid blood?

Did the engineer create all life on the planet or just humans? For the former, they would be billions of years old, which fits their star at the end of its life.

Ok so what's the deal with the engineers now. The ones in the flying saucer and the ones from the penis ships? Because Big whitey dudes have not changed in million of years. Why did one planet have a space port and not earth? Did they hate the humans are manlets?

why the fuck was this cut? it gives the engineer an actual motivation for fucking them up

They created wheat.

Throw a thing through acid and find out.

I hate the whole Xeno origin shit in this one because it uncanonizes AVP. AvP was a shit film, but I like the lore that AvP brings to the universe.

I'm sick of seeing this fucking pic, post another you fucking faggots

advanced space metal