Do you think he feels any remorse at all?

Do you think he feels any remorse at all?
He literally gets thousands of hate replies on twitter no matter what he posts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AX7T2VETs38
youtube.com/watch?v=DgQHgy7Nmkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel remorse for him. He tried his best. And I've heard that he had to make the movie WB producers wanted. He couldn't have lightened things up, even if he got the urge. And part of the reason he got this job is because his taste ran parallel to the equally awful taste of the producers.
As willing as everyone is to put all the responsibility on him (himself included), he's as much a pawn of a larger system as he is an isolated aggressor.

That's more than he deserves

He's a sociopath, so no.

Since when am I able to subconsciously telepathically post on Bengali blood-letting message boards?

nooo nooooo it's all snyder, the writers and producers had fuck all to do with it! Once he's gone everything will be better! DC will be all bright and sterile looking with no real style to it at all and there will be quips! Oh the quips they will be glorious!

Honestly though Snyder should just be reigned in is all. He has a great eye for what look cool and his visual style gels perfectly with cape movies.

Again as much as i liked CW, and Winter Soldier their sterile , big budget TV show look turns me off.

>Implying Snyder isn't an agent of The Gentry

>sterile , big budget TV show look turns me off.

This must be Sup Forums hipster lingo for "didn't have enough lens flares"

He's more Desaad than Darkseid.

If you care about visuals go watch The Dark Knight which had legitimately good cinematography.
MoS and BvS look like movies shot by a student in film school.

The funny part is you are serious. Yo're probably one of those dumb asses that said BB-8 was "bad cgi" before it was revealed that it was an actual prop. Also Visually his movies look better than Nolan's IMO. Especially Watchmen, which captured the look of the comic pretty damned well.

I don't know how anyone can try to argue that Marvel's movies don't look sterile as fuck. The ONLY one that didn't was GOTG. I am hoping that Coogler isn't forced into the "house style" with the Black Panther movie.

I am.
You have absolutely no idea of cinematography if you unironically think embarassing shots like this are good.
The robery scene in TDK alone has better cinematography than MoS and BvS.

Better than Marvel?
Sure, but Marvel has TV directors, they don't know a thing about cinematography.
Snyder is a guy who went to film school, but instead of doing movies, he first did music videos, and he got the wrong experience from there.
He only does blatant shots like pic related, or the one of Clark in the church.
Nolan, Tim Burton and Sam Raimi, those did actually pretty looking movies, and not the amateur trash that Snyder delivers.

>I don't know how anyone can try to argue that Marvel's movies don't look sterile as fuck.
Probably because we don't begin and end our viewings with Sup Forums memes.

This.
Snyder, when he's not ripping off a religious painting, has the subtlety of Hideo Kojima.
I really think Snyder would have the balls to put a shot like pic related in one of his movies.

>Bright and colorful can't have style
>Humorous dialogue can't have substance

How is that shot embarrassing?

What? No. Or maybe. I don't know.

Look the problem with these movies isn't the cinematography, it's that they're a weapon being used to attack the multiverse.

You're confusing cinematography with shit symbolism. The shot itself is fine. It's the God and Jesus imagery that fails.

HE'S JESUS LMAO

I wish Tarsem would make a Superhero movie.

Everything about it?
Snyder has to make people go out of their way to do poses an achieve his scenes.
He can't achieve anything naturally.
Why would Superman just stand hovering in there?
Why would that woman try to reach him out with her hand?

It's like that shot in MoS with Superman drowning in skulls.

Snyder just thinks of something that looks good, and forces it in the movie, instead of letting things go organically.
The problem is that when he thinks of something that looks good, he also drops subtlety out the window.

So is this a bad panel?

I'm surprised Snyder didn't put this shit on that depressing montage of Superman saving people.

Man, that's great kinomatography, i bet Snyder took that "shoot" when he was a drawing.

>Snyder is a guy who went to film school, but instead of doing movies, he first did music videos, and he got the wrong experience from there.

Yeah and? David Fincher also started out as a music video director.

This shot was pretty cool though

But he went on and improved.
Snyder didn't.
He's in his 50's and he's still stuck in his music video phase.

>I don't like what you say but i don't have any counter point ,so i'll call it a meme

It sure as fuck ain't subtle.

David Fincher is also talented.

It may be ''cool'', but that's just a repaint of Jesus carrying the cross.

So he's an autuer

The color is better, but then, that's because it's a painting. There's more detail than just clouds and lens flare, and because it's BEHIND Clark, you have more of an excuse for his face not being visible. An invisible face removes the whole "relatability" thing that Snyderfags insist Clark has in these jar of piss movies because he mopes a lot. "But that's not the point!" You say? "He's supposed to be an unknowable god!" yeah, I get that. It's still possible, as this page shows, to do that in a way that isn't so visually unappealing.

But lens flare and Sup Forums said it was good! So I guess that means it's kino!

>Arguing against a point that was never made.
>Again missing where i said that GOTG ( which is also very colorful) is the best looking Marvel movie to date.

I don't do twitter, so I don't know who this is. I'll assume it's totally unrelated to comics and cartoons.

I use to be like you guys hating on snyder 24/7 nitpicking at things that don't exactly fit my image of Superman. Absolutely nothing will come of all the hate though. Yes, there are things that irk me with this version of Superman but one can argue it is a modern day retelling of the Man of Steel, and not everything is going to be the same from the past

>someone Sup Forums acting like cinematography
Sup Forums you're actually shit at visual language which is kinda sad for a board about comics and cartoon.

I'm not the best, but someone with full knowledge of cinematography would rip Snyder to shreds.

I don't think he feels remorse, because i don't think he realizes he did anything wrong.

That's a very forgiving view of things. But there is something to realizing no matter what you may want that you aren't the right man for the job. I can't say the blame doesn't lay largely with him because even if he had a better plan for these movies he couldn't have done anything anyway. Partially because we'll never know since he didn't try and partially because there are ways to make movies with those themes that are still enjoyable to watch. The majority of the problems in his movies are storytelling. the WB producers had shit to do with that. That's on him and maybe the writers.

It's mostly just Whedon and the Russos who seem to kind of copy Whedon or just have a similar style. The other Marvel movies aren't as odd looking.

So you can't really explain what's wrong with the scene.
>it's all posed :(
As opposed to improvised? Do you actually know anything about setting up a shot user?

"looks like a tv show" is a meaningless phrase. Game of Thrones is a TV show. Are you saying the movies look like Game of Thrones? Or wait. Do they look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Or The Wire? The Walking Dead? What the fuck does "looks like a TV show" even mean?
Hell even episodes of the SAME SHOW will look vastly different if they have different directors.

If you want to say it looks cheap, explain how. If you want to say it looks sterile, you gotta define the term. Just bleating "like a tv show!" makes you look like a sheep.

>I am
That's the saddest thing I've heard all day.

Actually even some of his biggest haters acknowledge that he is great at cinematography and visuals, even if he isn't the best at storytelling. Hence rein him in and pair him with a decent writer, i know crazy talk...

No, as opposed to doing what actually talented directors like Nolan do.
You will never see Nolan making garbage like this

I have a semester of film school on my resume and even that covered the entirety of Snyder's technique. He's not even "finished freshman year" level. He creates ikea commercials strung out over 3 hours and Sup Forums eats it up because...they can screen shot it I guess?

>bright and sterile looking with no real style
>and there will be quips!
>Not understanding what >implying is.

That would be fucking awesome.

Them visuals.

No, comic book fanboys who have absolutely no idea of cinematography say he does good cinematography because some cinemagrid posted on Sup Forums, full of shots that are basically Snyder looking desperately for composition.

You have a semster of shit is what you have.

>comic fanboys who have nonidea of cinematography
Pot calling kettle black

Better than Marvel?
Sure, everyone admits that, but it's not good cinematography.

>Just bleating "like a tv show!" makes you look like a sheep.
Find this funny coming from a Disney/Marvel drone but you people tend to lack basic self awareness anyway ( you remind me of Sony fanboys).

Also it's already been mentioned that the "tv show look" has a lot to do with people like Whedon and the Russo's who work mostly in television.

>"non cinematic look"
>cheap looking costumes
Like i said, big budget TV shows.

Still waiting for that explanation of what is actually embarrassing about these shots.

Yup, The Gentry only serve.

There's an Empty Hand at the end.

Oh you do?
Come on, let's have some fun.
Explain to me why this ''visionary'' director's cinematography isn't film student-tier.
We could post two cinemagrids, one of BvS and one of TDK and end this right now, but I prefer to see you struggle.

Doubt it.

If that twat hasn't learned his lesson by now, he never will.

You first.

Not a single capeshit costume has ever looked like anything but cosplay tier.
Batman's regular outfit in BvS was laughable.

>We could post two cinemagrids, one of BvS and one of TDK and end this right now, but I prefer to see you struggle.

Ah i see the Nolan-fags are here!

Nothing about this thread is fun.

youtu.be/AX7T2VETs38
Can't they just?

Shit, it all makes sense now

Batman's outfit in BVS looks better than everything that came before it. Sorry but Nolan's Tacticool bullshit didn't look like Batman. Only other well done costume is that of Deadpool and the Raimi Spider-Man costume

Oh, don't get me wrong, TDKR was garbage, most fight scenes throught the entire trilogy are bad and clunky and the suits are just shit. Not to mention the extras, specially in the scene with like 1000 cops in TDKR, which is hilarious.

But Nolan IS a proper director and knows how to craft beautiful shots organically.

Well, we can't all fail upwards by fucking a producer to pay for our movies like Zack, now can we?

>everything is papier mache
>good
Nolan's tacticool garbage was just a different flavor of horse-shit.

Who would want to fuck you anyways.

>Someone disagrees with me
>Better call them a marveldrone and accuse them of memes! That'll make them stop thinking I'm a sheep!
Funny,

See

The Dark Knight is a better movie than Batman v Superman. Arguing against that would be dumb.

However it isn't the visuals which make The Dark Knight particularly spectacular. It's the fact that the performances of Aaron Eckhart and Heath Ledger are fucking spectacular; and when you combine that with Paradise Lost and add in Batman you get a pretty fan-fucking-tastic movie.

Don't get me wrong, the visuals aren't bad in The Dark Knight, and the Batmobile scene in The Dark Knight is much better than the Batmobile scene in Batman v Superman, but the cinematography in Batman v Superman is better.

Cinematography isn't the entirety of a film though, and The Dark Knight is arguably the best Superhero movie to date.

But I still kind of enjoy Batman v Superman more because Christian Bale never sat right with me as Batman and Ben Affleck IS fucking perfect as both Batman and Bruce.

But just cause I prefer something doesn't mean it's better.

Do you? You should be able to explain your position.

No it isn't.
The robbery scene at the beginning is much better shot than all of MoS and BvS.

>Also it's already been mentioned that the "tv show look" has a lot to do with people like Whedon and the Russo's who work mostly in television.

By that logic BvS "looks like a music video" because that's Snyder's background/

I already made my statement.
I've seen nothing here to suggest that Snyder is good at cinematography.
Here or in MoS, or BvS, or 300.
In Watchmen and 300 he had a unique style, but that's all.

>Actually looking like the Goddamned Batman
>Good

You're damned straight. Pretty much the best live action Batsuit to date. Gray and Black, no yellow around the bat-symbol. He looked like he stepped out of the fucking comic book

Only thing that kept it from perfection was lack of white eyes ( ala Deadpool) and ears could've been a bit longer

300 isn't even that unique visually. Making everything gold because it's set in the past is pretty damn generic.

...The ramping was a cool effect though.

Isn't every frame a portrait? You think Kubrick everything naturally? A lot of directors pose their shots.

Why the hell would anyone think that doesn't look cheap.

>He looked like he stepped out of the fucking comic book
Exactly, it looks laughable.

>why is superman just hovering there
He's descending to save her
>why is she reaching out to him
To be saved.

Nope. The fact that Nolan can't shoot a fucking fight scene to save his life also takes away from the overall visual presentation

That's due to more than just cinematography though. A big part of what makes that scene work is The Joker's reveal.

Also, the shot of Doomsday and Superman heat-visioning each other is an astoundingly beautiful shot, more beautiful than any one shot in The Dark Knight Returns.

Please tell me we're not comparing Snyder to Kubrick now.

And Snyder just makes everything CGI, with the camera shaking to give the artificial sense of ''impact''.
At least Nolan tried with the practical effects.
Snyder's fights look bad both in cinematography, and due to the fact that the CGI is just awful.

>Exactly, it looks laughable.
>muh realism

So you do like the tacticool bullshit then, good for you. When i see a comic book film i like it to be like...i dunno a comic book?

Why are you here?

Like, this is an honest question? Why are you on Sup Forums? Like, I can understand your complaint if you were on Sup Forums or Sup Forums or something. But why are you complaining about comic book characters looking like comic book characters on the fucking comic book board?!

Why?

No, I don't like tacticool bullshit, but I don't like a suit made out of fucking gray painted paper.

Because it's a movie, not a comic.
I couldn't take seriously any of the Batman scenes due to how absolutely retarded the outfit looked.

No but I am saying that directors do unnatural thins for their shots.

Snyder goes overboard with it though.

Go to Sup Forums then.

>And Snyder just makes everything CGI, with the camera shaking to give the artificial sense of ''impact''.

Except that's bullshit, unless you're confusing Snyder with Bay.

I can tell who is hitting who and see the exact technique of each fighter, because there are not a billion fucking quick cuts and i can see what's going on.

There was very little to no cgi in the warehouse fight scene in BVS. Pretty much the best movie fight involving Batman so far. Very well choreographed. Batman comes off as a guy with training, sort of a beast who mows through a pack of crooks like they are nothing with a combo of speed and power, you know. Like Batman oughta fight.

Nolanbats slowly telegraphed every punch, every elbow, not to mention the fights were quick cut to shit

Are you kidding?
Bay actually keeps the camera steady throughout the fights and gives clean shots to see what's happening.
youtube.com/watch?v=DgQHgy7Nmkk

Clarity has nothing to do with the absence of weight in the kryptonian fights.

No what? No fuck him. I felt bad for him after MoS, but, and I say this as someone who liked MoS, instead of listening to the valid criticisms that he got to the the movie, he made the same god damned ones in BvS. Now instead of getting a soft reboot with JL with another director who listens and learns, we're stuck with him for another fucking movie.

Why?
Someone mentioned that some costumes looked cheap, and I just mentioned the fact that all capeshit costumes look cheap.
It looks like a comic book?
Yes.
It looks like a suit made out of papier mache with gray paint?
Yes.