You Cant Fight The Future

You cant fight Moore either, he will curse the comic industry now with low sales and more SJW bullshit.

Dude spoiler tag this man

MEME
A
G
I
C

Who the hell drew that and why is it drawn so badly?

I think it's the guy Who drew Billy Batson's New 52 debut as Captain Marvel.

Gary Frank I think his name was.

ooga chaka ooga ooga chaka!

what does this mean

The events of Watchmen are somehow canon.

Goddamn this page is pure distilled Johns

>enire splash of jack shit going on
>retarded "dramatic" pun
>iconography that makes zero sense when applied to logic

>Gary Frank
>shit
Literally kill yourselves.

From a review:

But in a comic full of big moments, there’s one that will stand out above the rest — namely, that the malevolent force that has stolen 10 years from the DC Universe (and murdered Pandora, the symbol of the New 52, in a particularly subversive jab) is none other than Watchmen’s Dr. Manhattan. When you read it, you might feel the air leave you, and it might be one of the smartest bits Johns has come up with since Sinestro Corps War. Of course the cynicism of the DC Universe began here — and the only way to counteract that is to call out the “world’s greatest graphic novel” for its sins. It serves to both heighten the stakes tremendously, as Johns taps into DC’s final frontier, but also serves as a great bit of metacommentary.

>why is it drawn so badly?

I like his art.

If this isn't referencing Pax, it's GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

>Muh New 52 was grimdark because of Watchmen
>Now the hope is being restored by reversing it all
>It's all a metacommentary

Fuck this shit

I'm just talking about that particular pic, it looks bad, nothing against the artist in general I suppose.

What the fuck? Is that relating to fucking watchmen?

Good god Batman, did the joker pump your arm with helium?

Yeah Identity Crisis is way more to blame in modern DC. The mid 2000's were just mean spirited

It doesn't look bad, you have a bad eye.

Maybe they're making Batman: Venom canon again.

Okay.

Calm down user, don't take it personal.

That actually sounds cool. Too bad no one will care because "ablo ablo Im a big baby why make watchman canon"

Isn't Johns the guy who does Silver/Bronze age villains with the twist that they're into mutilation rape and drugs and who's stolen every tiny idea in Moore's DCU comics to "expand" on them with shit like Blackest Night?

What about that squad of space cunts who literally throw up blood or "I never wanted children scene"? What I'm saying is if anyone shold be making these statements it's def NOT him

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?!?!?!!?

I'M DONE WITH YOUR SHIT, DC!

FUCKING DONE!

What if the DCEU is grimark because Snyder made Watchmen toó?

Yfw Film's rebirth?

Pretty much, Johns likes his villains doing atrocious acts but as long as they're COOL there is not prob...

You jest, but he has written entire books on the subject.

STAR WARS vs. MARVEL WHEN

Yeah it's great. Next arc they should have Eva unit 01 be the villain.

Jesus fucking christ.

I have no words that can describe my current feelings.

Literally LOL JUST TRY AND STOP US ALAN WB LAWYERS FTW: The comic book universe

Hold the fucking phone. Manhattan is interacting with the maing DC Universe?

He MADE the New52 multiverse

he is also gonna be in the movies now starting with the JL one

cool

Fuck off

Bring it.

>Johns gives chemotherapy to the DC universe

And Sup Forums misinterprets this as bad, how exactly?

Wasn't Pandora the creator of the 52 bia Barry? And wasn't she the supposed to be the one to integrate Wildstorm and Vertigo?

Thats being retconned away to give way for Dr Manhattan

I haven't read comics in awhile.

When people talk about New 52 do they mean the reboot way back in 2010/2011 or is there some New 52 newer than that which Doc Blue Dick has apparently interacted with

The reboot

It's just dummies who haven't read the reviews to understand context. Everyone was mad before those came out. Smart for DC to pull back the spoiler embargo in reaction to the leak.

What ten years are they referring to?

Why are people so convinced on the basis of the reviews that this is going to go anywhere worthwhile? The reveal is the end of the issue.

The 90's. Manhattan tried to remove the 90's from existence.

I wish he'd remove the 2010's, too

nu52 starts 5 years in + 5 years since it started

>DC retconning their best era away
>Comics became shit
Makes sense

it seems to be in a meta enough sense that it might not matter much in the long run

you're free to worry about stories that aren't confirmed yet if you want I guess

whats this i hear about there being 3 jokers. is there any elaboration

it kind of reeks of desperation on DC's part. We'll see.

So, they didn't learn diddily-squat from Before Watchmen. Also, there's three Jokers and two Wallys now. You welcome.

Is Batman happy to see button?

Where can they honestly go from here? It's practically a given that Manhattan will show up, but will they stop there? Do you think they might bring Rorschach or Nite Owl in since they have DCU equivalents who are still relevant in the main comics?

I have been told otherwise

Yeah... i heard something completely different.

Basically Rebirth is not a reboot, the events of the new 52 will remain canon as it turns out this is still the pre Flashpoint universe but was manipulated by a higher entity which we know now to be Dr.Manhattan, which could mean anything from he messing up with the DC universe during the new 52 only, to the stretch where he could actually be responsible for the creation of that reality itself, after the events of Watchmen where he is hinted to experiment on life creation

>Manhattan messing with universal forces

Jesus it's like people that have never read Watchmen and only know about Manhattan from internet memes are writing DC now.

Just you wait until it's revealed Manhattan created DC on last page of his Before Watchmen mini.

>Geoff Johns is overseeing the DCEU now too

If it's the same universe, why did Convergence treat pre-New 52 like a separate world? Hell, it outright stated it was.

Disney bux

He isn't fighting the future

>Implying that he isn't fighting fate.

Do you even read the manga?

Mainly because this is stuff they pulled out of their ass for this event

Yeah, true that, but it will be interesting to see if they just say fuck it or if they explain that shit. At the time, they made Convergence sound like a big deal!

This. Johns doesn't even like Wally, he liked his villains.

Joker is the Comedian

my god it actually worked

>Isn't Johns the guy who does Silver/Bronze age villains with the twist that they're into mutilation rape and drugs and who's stolen every tiny idea in Moore's DCU comics to "expand" on them with shit like Blackest Night?
When you put it like that, it was almost inevitable that Johns would eventually cannibalize one of Moore's major works. We should have seen this coming.

Not the same thing, it's like saying that fighting bees and wasps are the same thing.

>Sup Forums suddenly hates Johns

>Sup Forums
you mean Sup Forums

Is DC on the ropes THIS badly?

not everyone was a fan of LE CEREAL KING to begin with

I haven't liked him since Blackest Night. He's a one trick pony who keeps on doing the same trick

Let's just say 27% isn't just their current film score

Is it just me, or is this really retarded?

And just watch, when Rebirth ends up as much of a failure as New-52 they'll have the Endless step in to slap Manhattan's shit.

>implying seeing Sup Forums backpedal continuously and try to claim that as a brilliant move won't be entertaining
Seriously, seeing the extent people on here will go to defend stupid shit publishers do is the most entertaining thing I see relating to comics

I think my only real issue is that I prefer when some works stand alone. Watchmen being one of them. I don't see the purpose in somehow making it canon with all the other stories and characters.

Isn't this almost exactly what Molecule Man was doing with Franklin Richards at the end of Secret Wars?

Wait did anybody auctualy continue to care about Pandora after the retarded twist in #12 (and the general decline in quality of the 5 issues previous)

Of course it is, but to be fair none of us have actually read it yet.

If you look at what has been leaked, it's pretty clear how much Sup Forums has tricked itself into believing as gospel through speculation and chinese whispers.

I really should get round to reading Watchmen even if only so I can join in the outrage

Haven't people learned that everytime you sully Moore's work disaster falls upon them?

So, where can I read it?

Hop off anytime, user.

This DC comic panel perfectly sums up my feelings after reading a DC comic or watching one of the movies.

I'll start crying when Cereal King barges into my house and rips up my copy of Watchmen.

until then, spare me your drama Sup Forums

This is like Miracleman showing up in some random Bendis book.

Does "on the ropes" mean something new? They're making good comics.

>you
>reading a comic

lol that'll be the day

Except Miracleman was good. Watchmen is poison.

In prevous thread we speculated that V will join Freedom Force.

But Disneyfriend, New 52 sales were at the same levels as pre-Flashpoint, sometimes even better.

Surely you're not just spouting uneducated shitposts, r...right?

>Wally is back
>Watchmen is canon
WHAT IS THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER RIDE AND WHERE DO I GET OFF

Because

>1) Watchmen was always part of the Dac Universe, and
>2) Watchmen was never standalone.

Watchmen directly affected the entire industry for decades. Watchemen was built on the backs or everything before it, and shaped everything afterwards. It is a creative bottleneck that has shaped the entire industry. Even Alan admits it was for the worst.

Look at Marvel. Everything is grim as fuck events and insipid saccharine waifu bait. DC has been murdering characters for character development for ages.

It is high time that Watchmen be removed from its pedestal so that it stops being something writers idealize.