Kill Six Billion Demons KSBD K6BD

Time for an angelic kung fu throw down.

Other urls found in this thread:

killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-1-17/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was hoping "Aesma and the Red Eyed King" would continue in the portion below the page, but another section of the "Song of Maybe" is pretty good too.

I like Aesma more than YISUN's previous disciple, Hansa.

>Fires of Truth

>“And then was given to him a mighty wheel, all heavy of iron, and rimmed with brass, and inside the wheel was a thing called Truth. And it was said to him ‘Hear, if ye wish to lift the burning wheel, ye must first be broken upon it’. He agreed, for he knew his holy duty, and he was taken before the priests, anointed, and ordained, and broken for seven times seven days. Such screaming has ne’er been heard since that time.

>But at the end of that time, they took him off, and they cast his limbs in steaming metal, and even though he never healed, he could lift that wheel, though no man could have hoped to. And inside the wheel was the awful thing called Truth, and he broke a thousand times a thousand sinners on its rim.”

>– Song of Maybe

place your bets!

i bet jugs wins the race but runs into resistance with trying to actually kill allison. . she will then yell something like "leave me alone!" and the key will banish jugs because shit's powerful.

I'm assuming Mottom doesn't want her dead regardless. So there's that.

Aesma was the one that took the warm flame and hammered it into the creature called humanity, of course you would find her enjoyable, a creation always reflects it's creator in some way.

Nerd.

no u

how are these guys on the same side again

civil war

Mottom is going to worf effect / beat the crap out of 6Jugg to remind us although hes powerful hes still upper mid range on the power level totem pole.

He will get away of course likely through plot armour and it will drive some type of character development on his part.

>It would be my pleasure to take the wheel to you
Even juggy wants to fuck white chain.

Maybe Allison will finally step up and hyper beam him when he tries to kill her

2 Michael was able to persuade Metatron, Jugg's boss, to work towards his plan. 2 Michael wants White Chain on his team, White Chain agreed so he (she?) can keep track of them.

Sounds like something Aesma would say

>Ava's Demon is pretty as fuck
>Kill Six Billion Demons is pretty as fuck

is the secret to making great art for a web comic just including "demon" in the title?

Hasn't Ava's Demon not updated in a year?

well, 'Demon' wasn't pretty as fuck but it had good paneling and negative space. So you need at least one other word in the title.

Demon was junk.

Are there any lewds of young Motom?

RIP in Peace tea cup.

We've gotten like one a month since January, so there's progress, albeit plodding.

Ava's Heavy Metal Death Show is proceeding apace

Wasn't the purpose of that Kickstarter to keep the comic updating regularly? Was that Kickstarter not successful?

kickstarter was fine, just seems to have lost all time to work on the comic since it became their job?
would think being paid to do a thing would make you do the thing, but what do i know?

Does'nt it seem like Juggs is giving WhiteChain way too much attention for a person that keeps on telling her 'I've got my own agenda':

Is he so damaged that he needs others to conform to his view point or is he attracted to WhiteChain?

>Six Billion

>Not switching to gorillions

I've been avoiding this comic for a while because the blue devil girl is flashing a lot of red flags for me. If she's not Vriska 2.0, as much as she looks and sounds like it, I'll read this.

Don't bother. We don't need homostuck fags autisming up these threads.

He's giving her attention in the same way you'd give your "boss's friend's retarded nephew who you have to let shadow you" attention; their constant, annoying babbling about bullshit that doesn't matter while actively interfering with your job pisses you off, so when you get the chance to remind them you could fuck them up, you do.

He fucking hates Whit Chain, but the boss says they have t work together. So he is gonna make her life miserable out of spite.

>It's a race level

>it's a protect the girl level

This is actually one of my least favorite villain tropes, but eh.

I'm assuming once the angels start busting in (followed by the pursuers) everything will go to shit and Mottom will probably assume Allison has been trying to deceive her.

This makes sense in a level I never thought it would.

>Ok WhiteChain it's time to cash out the tills
>But muh species-dysphoria!
>[sigh]

>least favorite villain tropes
Which trope?

I suspect Juggs may actually get the kill shot on Mottom.

The villain has seen some deeper cosmic truth, which destroys their sense of reason or morality.

Man, Jug got triggered hard

That's total bullshit and you should definitely read the comic, but in the last 3-4 months this comic definitely has gotten popular enough to pick up an irritating tumblr-ish fandom, which you can see in the comments:
>okay, that guy’s tedious now. Go away Thorny. Let us read some actual characters, please.
>Heheheheh. Yeah, man: you go and dismember the freakin’ protagonist of the comic. I’d like to see you try.

I didn't get the impression that angels particularly cared about people's lives to begin with.

They were the ultimate universal cops before the concordance was broken. They must have given a damn on some level, if only because of the relevant city ordinance.

So many people role playing as angels. It is awful.

They only cared as much as the law required.

Less cop, more security drone.

>Put down the Black Glass. You have 20 seconds to comply.

>So many people role playing as angels. It is awful.

It's all thanks to that angel name generator. People would just press the button untill they liked how the name sounded. No thought put into it, no creativity.
Repulsive.

People were doing it since before that existed.

>so many angels
That's what happens when you give tumblr fandom the non-binary gender option.

I'm not sure what Juggs is getting at here. Is he an extreme nihilist or something?

Devils are also that option. As are probably any number of servants and some human worlds.

What would you say to Juggernaut Star, Sup Forums?

yes, the entire faction's mindset is 'let's destroy everything, including ourselves, to bring back the god that didn't want to exist anymore anyway'

I'm pretty sure I'd be too busy getting wheeled in the face to say anything

Hansa was more for profundity. Aesma is for jokes at her and everyone else's expense. The lessons were always coincidental.

Needs more face lasers

Angels are tinted that way, though, because they hate gender while calling each other brother. So, you know, very easy for these types of people to just attach themselves to shallow interpretations.

Aesma is just as profound and, I think, will prove to be more relevant to the overall plot of the comic. IMO.

Never on purpose, user. Aesma only ever learned one lesson.

Anybody have a download link for the latest version of the rpg?

Almost everyone in this comic thinks they know that deep cosmic truth, but Zoss is the only one actually on the right track.

Soon Juggs will find the true power of the universe: LOVE!

Funny, that's one of my favorites, at least in concept. I can't recall the last time I've seen it done memorably, though.

As edgy as it sounds I'd agree and try to join him.

Yeah but angels can be played subverted or made into exceptions, for that extra special snowflake feeling.

Demons just do whatever so they are too hard to role play as individuals.

Didn't that one lesson tear her eyes out, burn her flesh and rapidly age her?

I bet we'll see the lesson of Hansa, Aesma, and Hansas' daughter put into practice in the story.

Juggs hasn't seen a cosmic truth

He thinks he knows but he don't. Juggs is just an insane tyrant of an angel. He's just fanatically convinced he's right.

Yeah, like said, a reoccurring thing is this comic is people dogmatically clinging to their own worldviews and thinking they have it all figured out when in reality they know jack shit.

Meanwhile ex-king spacewizard hobo is chilling in the void laughing it up at these total scrubs.

>Didn't that one lesson tear her eyes out, burn her flesh and rapidly age her?

When was that?

>He is one of the only beings in creation (Metatron being the other) that is able to hold the knowledge of the true nature of Zoss' power and dominion.

He actually understands more than anyone besides Metatron.
That would mean that he's the first angry kid in history that is right while everyone else is wrong.

killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-1-17/

Happened pretty early on.

>People hate on Thorns and Demiurges because they need a "Bad Guy", even though it's obvious there are no clear-cut villains

They are clearly the best character in the comic.

Thorns are clearly some of the most righteous people in the comic

>tumblr appears with it's "You go gurl!!!" attitude in the comments section
>trying to make the author fuck a character over or outright kill him just because he's the alleged antagonist
>encouraging blatant insertion of plot armor

I liked it when people in comment section just roleplayed as Angels/Demons/Servants/Perceivers.

They are literally the most righteous. They are servants of Metatron, who has the best understanding of the Old Law in the entire universe. It's funny, because while they are treated as rogue angels, they are actually the ones that do what their leader wants them to do.

Thorns are the good guys

>Defending Demiurges
It's like you enjoy the rot of Throne, fucker

Seconded

It's not that they don't deserve Jugg's Wheel. However, they are also not entirely condemnable. All the Demiurges were made out to be mad beyond reasoning, meanwhile Incubus and Mottom appear to sympathise with Allison. Besides, rotting of the Throne is not even their fault - it's Zoss's, who got what was coming to him.

I concede that Mottom may be more sympathetic than we initially thought, but it's pretty clear that Incubus is being a manipulative fucker.

The real sin is having no appreciation for metal.

And in those simple words - the Truth manifested.

Do you really think everyone in this comic is a blind idiot? Zoss is the forerunner of a type, but even he was predated by the primes and gods and YISUN in stages. Michael mentioned standing guard over Throne for thirty kalpas - that's an unfathomably long period of time.

After Zoss there come hundreds or thousands of demiurges, from worlds of billions, and after them millions upon millions of travelers. Being that were created, or ones that have mutated - beings from outside conventional reality as well.

Do you think there is only one clear-cut truth that Zoss found "Meanwhile ex-king spacewizard hobo is chilling in the void laughing it up at these total scrubs" seems nearsighted as hell. The stuff we've seen from scriptures of YISUN so far is all to some extent interpretable, and I don't think much of it has to relate to a singular truth or any measure of power.

>I would dearly love to see Allison or Mottom reassemble his smug arse into a chandelier. Allison masked and named a black devil, she could take this cheese grater with an attitude. And even if she didn’t know how, Mottom would probably gleefully giver her a pointer or ten in the best way to serve snooty angel a la mode.
>Steven Universe is spoiling me for other content. I just caught myself wondering how Juggernaut’s redemption arc was going to play out.
>I don’t know what I want to see more… To have White Chain put this prickly dick in his place, or to have him try to step to Allison and have her push his shit back in?
kek

comment sections should be banned

It's just a popularity thing. There was a section where the comments section was really fun reading along with the comic, but K6BD is good, it got popular fast and the tipping point was passed.

And, to be fair, the comic is probably setting up an eventual showdown (many pages from now) where White Chain goes head to head with Juggernaut and it's really badass. I'd even take a White Chain + Delicious 2v1.

Juggernaut seems exceptionally strong even for an angel (White Chain had no chance to escape him at all) so I don't feel Mottom is out of his reach entirely. The history of the setting shows that demiurges can die.

Everyone is YISUN. That's it, that's your big truth.

Pic somewhat related.

There is no one "proper" method of living, yes? If there is, it's that everyone is free to ignore whatever the heck Yisun says. If Juggernaut wants to be an angry bastard after accruing so much knowledge, than that's that. He's no fool for deciding how to live his life.

Achieving inner peace and tranquility? Attaining true love? Eternal happiness? All good things to have and no one is saying you shouldn't try to get them. But remember exactly why it was that Aesma was Yisun's favorite disciple and why she was "considered" to be his greatest. Selfish conceit and wanton violence are equally valued virtues in this universe as things such as wisdom and kindness.

that's not a secret, that's common knowledge

Thorns are not rogue angels, user. They still follow the Law, at least, the interpretation set forth by Metatron.

Delicious and the other mercenary Petal Knights are the rogue angels, because they've abandoned the Law.

Yeah. YISUN's suicide was not an end. And it's not over. You're living it.

That's how attaining authority over reality, using the keys, stepping outside the wheel and shit all works. You are YISUN. You're everything. You're just moving yourself.

>I concede that Mottom may be more sympathetic than we initially thought, but it's pretty clear that Incubus is being a manipulative fucker.
user. ALL the Demiurges are supposed to be pretty sympathetic once we get to know each of their personal stories. Abbadon said this once before.

He also said Incubus was going to be the most dickish, but that does not invalidate the previous statement.

Desire is everything.

Honestly, I think the reason why the angels haven't made a move to take down 1 of the Demiurges is probably because, once they take one down, the others will come and banish them completely from Throne (they need their armors to enter it, after all). As it is, their continued presence in Throne is probably because of their utility as peacekeepers.

Reach heaven through violence.

That's PREE ASHMA, not Aesma.

I'm not sure if you think that because you really want to be right or are just not taking in the contextual stuff, but they're two names for the same person.

Same person famalamadingdong.

The presentation of the character in that story is far meeker compared to her characterization in stories that take place chronologically before it.

I had to go and look through the other stories about Aesma to actually believe that's the same character since that story is referred to when she blew herself out of the universe when confronting one of the three masters and saw that the universe was somewhat wheel shaped.

This is her in the later stages of her life. She is noted to have wizened up a bit. After this incident she becomes a lot less rambunctious but still is spiteful hag.

The important question is, did she ever get a husbando?

There has to be some reason she settled down a bit.