/tpg/ Twin Peaks General - Spoilers Edition

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/tv/twin-peaks-season-3-premiere-preview-200557476.html
mashable.com/2017/05/20/twin-peaks-premiere-showtime-david-lynch-kyle-maclaughlan-tv/#U8j00zwpwiqC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Coffee and pie fags will be btfo

That show you like is about to come back in style

HAPPENING

To give specific spoilers would ruin the experience — trust me, this is a show that thrives on surprise — but here are a few things you might want to know, spelled out in a suitably vague and cryptic manner.

• For a show called Twin Peaks, the first two episodes don’t spend a lot of time there.
• There are flashbacks to the original series, but they don’t necessarily make anything clearer.
• Many of the Twin Peaks‘ original cast members appear, but surprisingly briefly. In the first two episodes, the new faces get the most screen time — after MacLachlan’s Agent Cooper, of course.
• The best new face… does not have a face.
• The reappearance of one beloved character brought the audience to tears.
• One actor plays two characters, and wears a hilarious wig for one of them.
• There is a shocking moment that is among the scariest things I’ve ever seen on TV.
• The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.
• Episode 2 uses a song by the Chromatics that may haunt your playlists for weeks.
• The first two episodes alternate between cryptic, terrifying, and hilarious. There was as much laughter as there were gasps.
• Though advertised as a “new season” of Twin Peaks, these episodes felt more like a revival of ALL of David Lynch’s work. Parts of it felt very Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, with some imagery from Eraserhead mixed in.

yahoo.com/tv/twin-peaks-season-3-premiere-preview-200557476.html

Why would you spoil Twin Peaks? Stupid.

reposting

To give specific spoilers would ruin the experience — trust me, this is a show that thrives on surprise — but here are a few things you might want to know, spelled out in a suitably vague and cryptic manner.

• For a show called Twin Peaks, the first two episodes don’t spend a lot of time there.
• There are flashbacks to the original series, but they don’t necessarily make anything clearer.
• Many of the Twin Peaks‘ original cast members appear, but surprisingly briefly. In the first two episodes, the new faces get the most screen time — after MacLachlan’s Agent Cooper, of course.
• The best new face… does not have a face.
• The reappearance of one beloved character brought the audience to tears.
• One actor plays two characters, and wears a hilarious wig for one of them.
• There is a shocking moment that is among the scariest things I’ve ever seen on TV.
• The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.
• Episode 2 uses a song by the Chromatics that may haunt your playlists for weeks.
• The first two episodes alternate between cryptic, terrifying, and hilarious. There was as much laughter as there were gasps.
• Though advertised as a “new season” of Twin Peaks, these episodes felt more like a revival of ALL of David Lynch’s work. Parts of it felt very Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, with some imagery from Eraserhead mixed in.

>The best new face… does not have a face

my penis

>Leland killed Laura because of BOB
>Josie shot Coop because of her torrid past
>Ben is Donna's father, probably
>Nadine doesn't go anywhere
>James DEFINITELY doesn't go anywhere
>Pete jumped in front of the bomb to save Audrey. Andrew Packard probably died.

Not sure that qualifies as a new face. New to the series, anyway.

fuck forgot the url
nausea.club
come join us

Time to get off the internet folks

See y'all sunday night

>• The first two episodes alternate between cryptic, terrifying, and hilarious. There was as much laughter as there were gasps.
Nice! So it's going to be just like the original Twin Peaks.

Let's just get this out of the way.

God tier characters: Sarah and maddy palmer, catherine, josie, s2 donna, sylvia horne, Bobbys mom, nadine, hank, jacques, dick, lana, james, the Asian catherine pretends to be, that recluse laura gave her diary to, Thomas eckhardt, John wheeler

Meh tier: lucy, cooper, Bobby and his dad, big ed, giant and man from another world, old waiter, shelly, mike, evelyn.

Shit tier: andy, pete (worst character in any David Lynch film or tv show), truman, gordon cole, norma, annie, hawk, denise, laura, leo, audra, Ben and Jerry horne, diane, BOB (cringey), Windom earle

The meh tier and shit tier fluctuate on whatever watch through I'm on though.

Here's another part I like from that article

>More than one Showtime executive could be overheard bragging (complaining?) about how nobody around the offices had seen even a single frame of the new Twin Peaks, and it seems as though the father of Peak Television had full control over his TV vision, perhaps for the first time ever. As a longtime fan of Twin Peaks, I was initially nervous this revival would pull an X-Files and function as simple nostalgia fuel while being… not great. But two hours later, a stunned crowd left the theater with the distinct feeling that David Lynch had gotten away with something. Whatever your expectations are, they will not be met — and that’s a good thing. Based on the first two hours, it’s safe to say Twin Peaks‘ 18 difficult new episodes will rattle, baffle, and enrage, and that’s exactly what TV needs right now.

Why are these threads going so fast

welcome to the power of normie/reddit generals

This is the worst list in the history of lists

show's getting closer.

women tend to talk alot

the madman did it again

>pure genius kino

>The reappearance of one beloved character brought the audience to tears.

Who do you think this could be? I doubt Cooper would produce such an effect. My money is either on Harry or Jeffries.

kek fucked up that post
long story short
nausea.club for s2 stream right now and s3 live stream 1am gmt tomorrow
get hype

Move James to meh and Major Briggs to God and it's perfect

Lynch is a god

It's the log lady I'm sure.

>slay it

A grown man should not be saying this.

Jeffries didn't even appear in the show and was only in a short scene in the movie so I don't know how he could be a beloved character. It might be Truman, I think that makes the most sense.

Obviously someone who died.

Log Lady
Bowie
Albert

Log Lady or Albert

>There is a shocking moment that is among the scariest things I’ve ever seen on TV.

HYPE LEVELS OFF THE CHART

>Jeffries
>beloved
I feel that most of the audience hardly remembers who he was apart from the fact that he was played by David Bowie

This is going to be the best 4 months of the year for me, perhaps even the best 4 months of the decade. I love all of you, even those that are filled with hate. At least we're all interested in something great.

normies will say anything if it's currently hip or trending

>what is hyperbole

This might be the worst list I've ever seen

Will it be like Inland Empire?

and that is OK. just be yourself and don't you worry about them.

>• One actor plays two characters, and wears a hilarious wig for one of them.
Maddie's back? Or another cousin of Laura's?

Rob Morrow is an actor, hardly a normie.

It's basically an amalgamation of everything he's ever made.

Pretty sure it's mulder's tranny character.

It seems like the normies are really digging it so far, so I really, really doubt it.

It could Sarah's twin sister & the mysterious redhead girl that Lynch said would be played by Laura & get killed too.

Im getting no video, only chat.

That is the worst gif I've ever seen, and your post contained the worst sentence I've ever seen. In fact 82980263 is the worst number I have ever seen. 306x300 is the worst resolution for an image. I have to mention yeh ....gif must be the worst name for an image file I have ever seen. Not to mention 14:03:43 is the worst time I have ever seen.

Fuck it's going to be glorious butttt

> The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.

New opening credits?

>Normies love it

IT'S OVER

try-hards will be btfo

I can't fucking believe we're getting new Twin Peaks in 1 day.

It hasn't even yet begun. Prepare your hate glands.

I don't think a wig worn by her would be "hilarious" though.
It's still the same character though so I doubt it's this either.
I don't even know what they mean people will be reaching for dramamine. Doesn't dramamine stop shaking or something? So it's a creepy song?

>source: my ass

Wait for the show you fucking cucks.

firefox and flash

>tfw don't have cable so i'll have to wait until it gets uploaded to BTN before i can watch it

The Yahoo article posted in this thread says that it seems like a revival of everything Lynch and not just Twin Peaks.

>hate glands.
kill yourself, faggot.

Dramamine is for motion sickness. I'm assuming the opening credits will involve a lot of the drone shots from the trailers.

Dramamine helps with motion sickness.

>I don't even know what they mean people will be reaching for dramamine. Doesn't dramamine stop shaking or something? So it's a creepy song?
It's just stupid shit these normies are saying to hype up the show. Pay no mind to it.

Over a decade of waiting for this, so fucking hype.

This makes sense

Can't fucking wait bros

>stream rips that look better is a bad thing

I dunno what BTN is. Will it be on Amazon quick enough that I won't miss the hype though?

babby's first troll

>he doesn't know that's better
i've been doing this for years.
the best conversation of the show happens a few hours after it airs anyway.
All the plebbit cancer and tumblr roasties are in bed by then.

Normies will run this show to the ground.

>translation: I just heard that the show was coming back and I too jumped on the bandwagon

Everything on there is a positive for me. I'm hyped.

supposedly it has the same vibe as the original

>I dunno what BTN is

If you have Amazon Prime you can add Showtime as a channel and watch it live.

Lynch is finished with film making after this.

You're basically watching the last artistic play of an absolute genius, it's gonna be amazing

I already did. In fact, I'm dead right now. Inside.
Your reponse: "ew I can't believe he would say something like that. What a cuck faggot."
you think in memes even in your dreams you are nothing but an echo

LE NORMIES XD

You faggots are the biggest redditors of them all.

As a comfy-fag that frequented Twin Peaks threads here long before the third season was announced.
I'm quite worried about what I have heard of the third season.

I just want the relaxing beauty of Washington, quirky small-town characters, an infinity likeable main character and an interesting murder mystery.
I hate the idea of the new 18 hours being more Blue Velvet then Twin Peaks.
I really do not want to be Lynched.
Again.

>will
Normies have already killed Twin Peaks' reputation, and now they've also killed all discussion you can have about the show on Sup Forums.

whoa now, she's gettin toasty

This is the waiting room.
Would you like some coffee?

Yea I don't wnat my show to be reddit'd
>laura
shit tier?

fuck off normie shills
hype is such a shitty buzzword. You shouldn't be excited for something before you've seen it

He said that was taking his words out of context. What he actually was saying was that film is shit right now and he thinks that the new art house is cable television.

Blue Velvet is plenty "comfy". Stop pretending that you have seen it.

Blue Velvet was relatively comfy. It wasn't Twin Peaks, but I think it's the comfiest film Lynch has made outside of The Straight Story.

Twin Peaks generals? Get ready for underage newfags spamming "reddit" all over every goddamn thread.

mashable.com/2017/05/20/twin-peaks-premiere-showtime-david-lynch-kyle-maclaughlan-tv/#U8j00zwpwiqC

>But before we dive in, here's what I do feel at liberty to say about those episodes we saw: Lynch has lost nothing. In fact, he's learned some new tricks, refined his old ones, maybe even found the height of his powers. This is no mere revisitation; there is new ground broken. And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good.

>You're going to need them.

What happened to "normalfag"? Why is this "normie" shit everywhere?

>I liked it before normies did

You all know what you are.

>You shouldn't be excited for a show you've probably like for years that didn't think would ever get a conclusion

Fuck off Autist, you'll probably be the one forcing shitty memes come Monday.

Fuck off? Either tell me what it is or don't be an ass? BitTorrent?

>I just want the relaxing beauty of Washington, quirky small-town characters, an infinity likeable main character and an interesting murder mystery.

Then rewatch the original series. Doing what you want is just an exercise in nostalgia, which ruined every show that's tried to have a revivial. Lynch is trying to make this new season as groundbreaking today as the original was in 1990.

You do know people over 30 browse this board

Fuck off retard. Generals are the most cancerous thing about Sup Forums, and they are created by reddit newfags like yourself. Just look at the quality of these threads you fucking idiot.

Think people are starting to overhype it to levels it can't match, and will be disappointed as a result.

How dare someone use a common slang word! That negates ANY love you may've had for this series! How dare you have EXPECTATIONS?!

It's 18 hours of new David fucking Lynch content. There is no way it can disappoint.

>like for years
Who are you trying to fool, normie?