/who/ - Doctor Who General

Moffat stole his idea from a Sarah Jane audio edition

>tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Veritas

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13006813
telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/05/20/bbc-close-tv-download-store-18-months-streaming-dominates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Moffat stole his idea from Heaven Sent

Haha you sure showed him!

This was the worst episode of Doctor Who I've ever seen. Won't be watching next week.

I'LL BITE YOUR FUCKING CUNT OFF

You will though.

Monks are the Mondasian Cybermen

Missy has since regenerated, and a new Master is in the vault

>tfw no episode where Bill becomes a Lamia

There's one thing I didn't get though. Why did they kill themselves after reading, they couldn't accept not being real?

Anyone have any cute pics of Clara? I kind of miss her desu

They wanted to wake up in the real world.

What did /who/ think of Extremis?
7.68518518519/10
strawpoll.me/13006813
strawpoll.me/13006813
strawpoll.me/13006813

No, it was abysmally bad.

The overnights for this will be fucking awful as well. 2.8 million probably.

That whole thing with the crazy CERN people and the champagne reminded me of the TV movie New Year's party

Same.

Is moffat some kind of nickname for muhammed? and what that has to do with someone named sarah?

smallfat is dead
I'm now longlegs

>its still trending on twitter
nah, easy 5.8 i reckon

Threadly reminder that Bill is a lesbian.

So, we've got Veritas, we've got Demon Doubt and we've got the Doctor engaging in philosophical discussion about the nature of virtue.

My guess is Bill dies in "World Enough And Time" (either that or its an episode about Bill trying to get Penny into bed with poetry) and The Doctor Falls by 'losing his faith' and going revenge mode. He is only stopped by Missy who dies and regenerates into a thoroughly evil Simm.

>5.8
hahahahahaha

Do you mind expanding on what you didn't like about it? too convoluted? bad direction? I really enjoyed it, but I'll admit it was messily put together. However, I'm surprised there's someone here who thinks it's the absolute worst episode.

Post your face when you realise this means River is 99% returning in the finale

DOCTAH CHANNNNNGGGG

>Duplicate Earth
>Monks speak without moving their mouths, leaving them open
>Assessing it for an invasion

It's almost as if the real twist is that they're inhabitants of Earth's twin planet isn't it?

You should just shut the fuck up. People LOVE when something bogs their mind, when they have to think about it. Makes them feel clever and appreciate the episode even more.

Anyone else feeling that Bill is becoming as one-dimensional as Clara?
I really really liked her in first three episodes, but she doesn't seem to develop.
I absolutely adored her in Pilot, but now she's just kind of annoys me.

It's almost like it's the ASSAULT OF THE BENEFACTORS

The people who Doctor Who is primarily aimed at, the 'casual' viewer, does not care for convoluted, complex, bollocks. They just want a fun story.

>one-dimensional as Clara
but bill doesn't have pancakes 2D tits. She got nice round brown titties with dark puffy nipples

Other way around for me. I hated her to start with, but I think she's been roughly all right over the past few episodes. I like the subtle (or not-so-subtle) foreshadowing that she's going to leave, with the way she values her personal space and time and doesn't like the Doctor crashing in, and the way she doesn't have the mettle that previous companions had and freaks out too much.

>Bill
>Not an ironing board

Personally I didn't think it was convoluted though. It was pretty straightforward, until right at the end when it was all "oh em gee its a virtual reality!!!!"

This episode was literally a prequel as a full-length story. Awful. Waste of time.

GOAT POSTER

So why is the Doctor an atheist if he knows there are gods and met literal Satan a few series ago?

what happened to these posters? they're so shit now

>you will never be retarded enough to completely miss the point of the episode and hate it

Feels grand, father

>EXTESRMI
wat

Where is that "he could see with his glasses" user? and the other "no, that's fucking stupid" user?

Lord up in of this time bitch

I mean, he met the Egyptian ones, and they were aliens. And he met Odin... who was an alien. He's probably met countless others that turned out to be some teenage alien fucking with less adapted species.

Not dead, not changing anything. I'm always smallfat. Somebody else will take over as smallchin or Chinsmalls or whatever that user called himself.

>but bill doesn't have pancakes 2D tits. She got nice round brown titties with dark puffy nipples

You actually made me drool a little bit.

Petition to replace Bill with QT virtual Bill.

Kek, Missy is based

Why do the monks look so fucked-up?

kill yourself

Post your face when Simm is brought by a black hole for one cameo scene which isn't even related to thep plot

>He actually replied to the post

Pathetic

I'm tired of Missy to be honest.

They're the Mondas cybermen as a computer simulation. So obvious.

In fact, screenshot this.

>Missy degenerates into Simm
>the Doctor degenerates into Tennant

As usual, live/post-live threads are shit and everyone hates the episode.

I thoroughly enjoyed, thought it was the best of the series so far. It does suffer a little bit from Harry Potter syndrome, but it was still incredible. Moffat's most mature and well-developed episode to date, bar Heaven Sent. Maybe.

this is probably going to happen

Yeah but why look so fucked-up? Why not just look like cybermen? Or if not cybermen, why not just their normal form sans-charred bodies?

>next week is another ISIS episode

It could have gone on a bit longer, but I thought that the other "priests" or whatever they were running away made the same point. They've probably executed a Dalek at some point, so running away is a big sign.

They look severely frostbitten, almost as if they've come from a really cold planet

>Implying Simm would agree to come back for that

That's why theY have the same appearance in the next two episodes which arent simulations user XD

>it's another retarded confession/tell the truth/suppress the truth arc

Seriously all Moffat has done since he took over. Jesus Christ get some originality

>Why do the monks look so fucked-up?
Did yer mammy never tell you not to be a bully? It's what's on the inside that counts.

Why did they referenced GTA? Sims is more similar and just as famous.

Although all things considered, CERN employees were acting like they are in Dwarf Fortress.

No water since Mondas split from Earth, they're invading Earth to get the water back.

Why not just ask to share instead of being evil? Not really convincing writing

Maybe there are more of them than they are of us? Mondas seemed very Earth-like, we might not have enough water for 14 billion people.

Is there a mega link I can dive through 4 previous threads searching for yet?

I was never sure if we were supposed to notice Anthony Ainley looked at all different from Roger Delgado?

BBC Store closing, maybe no more classic Who animations

telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/05/20/bbc-close-tv-download-store-18-months-streaming-dominates/

We still could share with them like we share with syrian refugees, I thought doctor who was a tolerant show? But i guess not

It will be something dumb like the cybermen are only 'evil' because the humans (the real evil) refused to share their resources, so the Mondasians had to turn themselves into cyborgs, thus becoming 'evil'

I do think these Monks are the Cybermen, or at least the Mondasians. There are a few clever hints in the episode, the gaping mouth whilst speaking being one of them.

Also, "we call them the monks, but that's not what they're really called" ~ Moffat

>D-Doctor Who is totally profitable guys!!!!
>can't even sell enough to keep a digital store open in the digital age

Fuck. Will they stop selling classic DVDs?

Wasn't it called BBC Shop and it already closed? Is this some Mandela/Veritas shit?

Anyone else feel like the Chibnall era may be the last before Doctor Who is cancelled again?

They're planning on doing a Netflix style streaming service at some point as nobody pays for individual TV shows anymore So there's still some hope.

It will be the best one so I'm ok

Chibnall's era is rumoured to air on Sundays instead of Saturdays, so it's impossible to say at this point

Blind people get 50% off their TV licence.

BBC Shop sold DVDs, BBC Store was digital downloads.

I resent paying for Dr Who DVDs.
If you look at the iPlayer there is loads of older stuff on there. Just not things people want to see, thats a "full price" DVD in a world where hardly anything sells at full price except for blockbuster films and only then for about a month before they get discounted.

I buy them 2nd hand on grumpy principle.

I genuinely do. I think we'll get two series' of Chibnall Who, and then they'll announce a "temporary" hiatus for the show, but it will last for years and years.

>tfw i bring it back
give us your suggestions now, lads

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DOWNLOADS FOR THIS

>Implying there will never be another Wilderness Years

The show may get cause to be put on hold for some time along the line but quite frankly I'd be surprised if we ever see a hiatus last more than five years maximum.

Who would in a fight between Veritas and The Funniest Joke in the World?

*ever

>digits
>pic
Satanic Pie Lord has spoken I guess

>I genuinely do. I think we'll get two series' of Chibnall Who, and then they'll announce a "temporary" hiatus for the show, but it will last for years and years.
I think it won't be too far away, but not that soon. BBC Worldwide considers Doctor Who to be an "asset" (because of merch et cetera) But in the 80s, the show was absolutely not an asset at all.

Does anyone know where I can watch the episode yet?

I can't seem to find a mega link.

television

There's talk that the 13th Doctor reveal is going to happen within the next 4 weeks. Definitely male

Never paid for my license.

Source

It's fun coming back and looking over the live threads after they're done.

About one in three posts is: "The mystery is obvious, it's going to be X, even a five year old could figure it out because Moffat's such a hack", and then 10 minutes later it's not X, but the shitposters have moved onto "The mystery is Y, why even pretend it's a mystery, Moffat's such a hack", and then 10 minutes later it's not that, and so on.

Chibnall was at Roath Lock studios this week, so something's happening

its going to be Tom Rosenthal or Kris Marshall