Twin Peaks Thread

Twin Peaks Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Agent Cooper, i'm Big Ed.

I just finished Fire walk with me. Is missing pieces really worth watching?

Did you liked FWWM? If yes, watch it.

Yes

It's not essential. If you really love FWWM you'll get something out of it but otherwise I think it's safe to skip.

How cinematic is missing pieces really? Why do some people call It an all new film.

>i just luv coffee guys!!! xD cherry pie :P

This the 90% of fans of this season

Totally.

and why does that trouble you?

Not trying to be a dick here, but I do really like James as a character, but that may be partly due to the fact that I see a lot of myself in him.

Who cares. I'm watching it for myself.

yes, purely for the ceiling fan kino

It just brings it in line more with the show adds a bit of /comfy/ and quirkiness

I also relate a lot to him. Life feels like series of events that do not lead anywhere and are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

This guy is right. If you're looking for it to resolve things you'll be disappointed, but it's great if you really enjoyed the movie.

It's literally cut content from the movie, but edited by Lynch. It's a companion film. It gives you insight on the Palmers, the detectives, and random scenes. It helps to clarify some of the worst scenes of the movie.

Does anybody know of "Night Springs" here?

AW?

How hype are we? :D

youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM

>Not a faggot General thread

Based OP.

I'm really enjoying the Log Lady intros.

Are you a writer?

IT'S OVER 9000 (Pokemon Gale of Darkness) XD

Why didn't you link this thread to the old you stupid fucking redditor?

>fwwm
>good

Maybe if it was actually like the show. It was just uncomfortable trash.

God tier characters: Sarah and maddy palmer, catherine, josie, s2 donna, sylvia horne, Bobbys mom, nadine, hank, jacques, dick, lana, james, the Asian catherine pretends to be, that recluse laura gave her diary to, Thomas eckhardt, John wheeler

Meh tier: lucy, cooper, Bobby and his dad, big ed, giant and man from another world, old waiter, shelly, mike, evelyn.

Shit tier: andy, pete (worst character in any David Lynch film or tv show), truman, gordon cole, norma, annie, hawk, denise, laura, leo, audra, Ben and Jerry horne, diane, BOB (cringey), Windom earle

The meh tier and shit tier fluctuate on whatever watch through I'm on though.

Big Ed is great.

FWWM is better as a standalone movie. The show ruins it. Is not Lynch's best, but is far from garbage.

me: an intellectual, understands 100% of Lynch's works, did his film studies thesis on Inland Empire

You: pleb normies who watch TP for le ebin coffee and cherry pie and le quirky characters and will never understand the true artistic depth of the show

Probably to lose that faggot spammer

James is a funny character because he is so completely oblivious and outside the story.
In FWWM Laura has been facing parental sexual abuse since childhood, is in contact with a supernatural world, is basically hooking for a French Canadian crime syndicate, has a major drug problem, and is fucking around with everyone.
Bobby is in debt with Leo, dropping thousands of dollars on drugs, and kills a guy, Donna follows Laura to Canada for a sex and drugs party, even the shutin botanist guy knows Laura is being raped by BOB, and meanwhile James just thinks he's in the middle of a perfectly normal highschool relationship and gets all moody cause Laura has other things to do.
Even by the end of the series James doesn't know anything about Bob or The Black Lodge.

It's a fucking movie about the death of Laura Palmer from her perspective. It'd be weird if it were comfy.

It's a masterpiece.

So it's a compilation and doesn't flow like a normal film?

You're late. Normies don't care about the coffee and pie memes anymore, they're pretending to be into Lynch and surrealism.

As above, so below.

Will the new season be in 4:3?

Do I need to watch FWWM to get into the third season tomorrow?

Is the Q2 edit of FWWM worth watching?

None of your business.

FWWM ruined Donna's character with that scene.

Go to bed, Jay

Yes. It's a collection of deleted scenes. It follows the order of the movie though.

But it is comfy. (and weird)

The whole Chester Desmond and Sam Stanley part is comfy, also the early Laura part where she and Donna are walking to school is /kino komfy/ in a Halloween/Blue Velvet/It Follows idyllic suburban youth kind of way.

>Hasn't watched FWWM

Get the fuck out you trendhopping faggot.

FWWM sets up some of the broader Twin Peaks universe outside of the Town, like nature of the spirits, what they wanted with Laura, and how she thwarted Bob, and the culture of Coop's FBI unit.
It also heavily hints what probably would have happened in the original Season 3.

There's also a lot of redundant shit there retelling the story we already know of Laura, that reemphasizes the tone, probably more than necessary, but can be interesting if you're starved for more.

F (YOU)

Yes.

Yes

No

Ben Horne's Civil War reenactment is easily one of the most entertaining parts of Season 2. No idea why normies can't get into it and absolutely hate it.

This. Real Lynch fans don't like Lynch.

Why not?

It's worth watching if you've seen the original and want to see the scenes in their original context

Why would you watch fan shit instead of what the director intended? It's called Missing Pieces for a reason.

>FWWM ruined Donna's character with that scene.
FWWM was the first time Donna was an interesting character. That whole character dynamic of Donna worshipping Laura as more experienced and mature and trying to live vicariously through her, while Laura both wants to maintain this cool elevated self image by daring Donna to sink to her level but then in Donna calling her bluff actually wants to protect her.
You might be right it confuses the continuity of her character regarding the TV show, but I don't see why the movie and the TV show have to have coherent continuity.

He wouldn't have created or filmed those scenes if he didn't have any intention of telling the story with them.

any /Secret History/ fans here?

I feel like it explained a whole lot without actually explaining anything at all.

>This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision, I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light from within, this gleaming, radiant marble. I'd known this place. I had in fact been born and raised there. This was my first return. A reunion with the deepest well-springs of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There'd been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house's grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced, a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision of you. I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you. I wish you nothing but the very best in all things.

>this same autistic retard carrying on from yesterday
There is nothing wrong with watching a fan edit as long as you've watched the original first.

if you don't fantasize about sniffing Laura Palmer's asshole you don't deserve to watch season 3

No. Go away with your non canon shit book that retcons important plot points of the show.

He'll be revealed to be the mastermind behind it all just you wait. Final shot of season 3 will be of him sitting on top of a mountain of garmonbozia laughing backwards and forwards and sideways in 4 dimensions

more like stuff that doesn't really matter either way

>non canon
lol. Frost is the only guy who knows wtf is going on.

>ed tells the story of how he accidentally shot norma's eye out on the show
Nope, actually she was stalking him deep In the woods.

>norma's mother is in the show
Nope, she died in 1983.

Okay user

the book is fun but not canon

It was funny. I also thought the Nadine stuff was funny. The only bad part of S2 was James storyline and that dreadful Diane Keaton episode.

"coffee" lmao! ah! you must be a fellow peakster! "the owls are not what they seem!" i wuv david lynch because he is so Progressive and so Wandumb xD

I guess FWWM isn't canon either then

Lynch edits his own stuff. The fan edit it's doing pic related.

>fan edit as long as you've watched the original first.
Agreed, but some people treat it like it's above Lynch's own film. That's my problem. And i'm not from yesterday, a lot of people think the same about fans shitting on the original artist work. Just look Twin Peaks at tumblr or deviantart.

Every thread has a fag with buyers remorse shilling that book as factual. It's only one guy.

it's canon until we see anything contradict it in S3.

nothing in it bar a few extraneous details alters the show in any way.

We're watching Fire Walk With Me right now on WeebCrew.moe

The Missing Pieces coming up next. Haven't watched those yet, pretty hype.

Don't forget

>I hateeeeeeee James sooo much XDDDD

It directly contradicts the original show multiple times you stupid fuck.

So did Major Briggs really remember being abducted?
What did Mrs. Palmer talking to him in a spooky voice mean?

Kino moment

user ... none of TP is factual.

why would anyone regret buying it. it's perfectly fine meta fic.

nothing is "canon"

this isn't some genre fiction series or comic book line that needs to establish "universes" in order to sell toys. twin peaks is pure art, feeling first, logic later.

>fic

Nailed it.

Nadine's stuff was fucking terrible. James' was pretty good. Ben's was kino.

not in any way that actually matters you fucking child.

>being this autistic about consistency in a fucking Lynch series

>a character that appears in multiple episodes, related to one of the main characters actually died of lung cancer in 1983
>doesn't matter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

superhuman strength nadine is actually pure kino and the show's final frontier pleb filter

>Lynch edits his own stuff.
No he doesn't, Mary Sweeney did.

>After we examine the film scene-by-scene, he gives me notes and I edit the footage by myself. Then he comes back and we go through the process again. After three or four versions, we watch the film projected on the big screen. As we get closer to the end, he'll actually sit with me during editing when he wants to work on something specific, but he gets too antsy for the most part and it's often much easier for me to edit without someone watching over my shoulder.

I want to get that pic tattooed on my butt

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey! A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe!

literally wut. that's not on the spreadsheet.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I was right, you are a fucking child.

That scene is so cringey and forced lmao

Literally not what he said

Nadine was hilarious af lol kys seriously.

Also her relationship with Mike was sweet.

Jesus why is there this original FWWM vs Q2 edit debate every fucking thread. yes Lynch scripted and wrote those scenes out but in the end he removed them and I think a lot of people find the more focused Laura-centric film more harrowing and rewarding as a result. There's a reason he put the missing pieces out as The Missing Pieces and not FWWM: Extended Uncut Edit.

Besides the fact that it doesn't matter what the script says anyway if you know anything about the industry or art in general, these final products evolve and change all the time in editing. Lynch himself said the movie works better with some of the goofier stuff taken out.

>the best new face does not have a face

Wait, they're talking about Diane, right?

He is part of the editing process. Is not like some suit edited FWWM. Lynch deemed some scenes unnecesary to the film and cut them, but the scenes are really good so he edited those into The Missing Pieces.

A WOOOO A WOOO

literally what he said
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

Isn't that percolator meme bigger then the owls? You assume most normalfags even made it to season 2

that was the original verse. it was gobbledygook. the bridge has homophonic lyrics that gives you "clues" to unlock the ultimate phrase: "a kid'll eat ivy, too; wouldn't you?"

therefore the song itself is a mystery that needs clues to be "solved"

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairzy_Doats

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG