How much do houses in your country cost?

How much do houses in your country cost?

For ours, it depends by states but some go as high as $10,000 to $100,000

Other urls found in this thread:

finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=108707960
funda.nl/kaart/koop/heel-nederland/
funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/appartement-49325339-prinsengracht-346-e/
funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/huis-49343527-ijburglaan-289/
zillow.com/home-values/
zillow.com/homes/Calhoun-GA_rb/
realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Ogdensburg_NY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right now you might be able to buy a small and shitty but relatively ok apartment for 20k. A normal home will probably be 40-50k in a big city.

But there are many people desperate to sell so if you're a piece of shit you might get a great deal.

Prices went 50% down on many cases. Nobody builds new homes anymore.

god damn that's one ugly house

>$10,000

$1m+ for a detached family house in cities like Toronto and Hong Couver where the price of real estate is being driven up by Chinese money laundering.

from 200k up to 400k for a normal sized house

I bought my detached house some time ago, it cost 450 000€.

t.Helsinki

Overall it's pretty expensive, but it varies a lot by location. Real estate in Oslo is ridiculously expensive, but if you don't mind living in more remote places it's better.

I picked a random house that was for sale. This house has an area of 134m2 and is located in a nice looking town not too far away from Trondheim. The price is approximately $300k.

And here's one of about the same size, but in Oslo. The price is approximately $1m.

Literally a shack.

£1.1m ($1.5m) in an ok area in London

I feel like most houses here look like shit on the outside desu. It typically doesn't reflect what in the inside, though. Here are pics of the interior: finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=108707960

10,000 to 100,000 ten dollar bills, maybe.

Is the west just masking inflation with housing costs or something?

>every year trillions that could be spend on building factories and universities and infrastructure are just given to a bunch of ((chinese)) landlords and real estate companies
When will this madness end? Britain's entire economy is literally a housing bubble right now.

>$10,000 to $100,000
>high
kek

Average new single family house in my town and surrounding villages costs between 150k and 250k €. Render related.

Prices for older houses vary wildly depending on size, condition, state of renovations, location and so on, and can be as low as 25k € for an unrenovated small single family house in a podunk village and as high as 900k € for a tip top town mansion.

something like that
housing prizes are insane in sweden too

>$10,000 to $100,000
Maybe if your house is your car.
My house is $125K in an okay Georgia neighborhood

In case you're wondering, these are the cheapest and the most expensive house I could find.

Anywhere from 50k€ to 500k€

You can get pretty good homes where I live for 35-50k.

200-600k and above in Southern Cali. I dont even live in the LA area and theyre this expensive. Outrageous.

This. The house of cards has to fall someday

Literally get on zillow and set that range and look anywhere in the midwest

i'm 80% sure that everything's inflated (technically 100%). Everything seems so fucked up, there are used golfcarts that cost as much as cars; the other day I installed cabinets at somewhere that cost fucking 30 grand, for stupid fucking wood cabinets that were mass-produced somewhere and shipped. Even the price to install a door (and remove the old one) is $500 minimum, and this is all shit that anyone can do, the instructions come in the box. Obviously some people are willing to pay that, but it seems crazy to me, maybe they're just getting what they deserve.
>pic related

There's no way everything isn't inflated anyways, the government purposely aims for 2% inflation.

On the other hand wages are high in the US. Even fucking truck drivers earn 60k nowadays. Granted it's work with certain disadvantages but it's not fucking hard.

Nobody buys houses anymore in Santiago because it's too expensive. A good house in a traditional neighbor can go from 500k to 1m USD

25-35,000 $ for a very nice two-storeyed house.

Wrong, my dad has been trucking for 10 years and only makes about 45k/year. The median income for truck drivers is 41k/year. Wages are dog shit here meanwhile prices are increasing.

Norwegians do love their basements.

Talking about the west of the country here, where housing prices are the most expensive.

€125k will get you some shitty depressing commieblock
€175k will get you a shitty apartment in the outskirts of a city or a bog standard row house
€225k will get you a decent apartment in the outskirts of city or a nice row house outside of a city
€300k will get you a nice apartment in a city or a semi-detached house outside of a city
€400k will get you a detached house, the real nice stuff starts at like €600k

For the east and north of the country you can pretty much take half of these numbers

funda.nl/kaart/koop/heel-nederland/

BUBBLE

1800 euros per square meter if you just do the cleaning on the building site,1500 euros per square meter without interior panels,kitchen cabinets,bathroom tiles and such.

if made from aerated concrete or similar add 500 eur per square meter

>40-50k in a big city.
Really? Seems low considering Greece is huge with tourism. Any cities in particular?

These prices are mainly for Athens and Thessaloniki. They might apply elsewhere too but I'm not sure.

But big cities are a long way from touristy places like beaches and resorts. 2-3 hours typically, and in summer there's a near eternal traffic jam so it's not like you can buy them and rent them to tourists. Thankfully.

btw I was referring to appartments. Detached houses 20-30-40 mins out of the city cost similarly, like 40-50k starting for a decent one. You won't find detached houses closer to urban centers btw, unless you spend 300-500k on a 3 story house in one of the expensive areas.

Is there anywhere in Greece where the temperature doesn't go above 20-22 C during summer?

>500k to 1m USD
>Santiago

Trucking sounds like a dream job to me and I would be happy with 45kUSD, albeit I wouldn't want to raise a family on it.

Your dad isn't a very good driver. Does he not do long haul? Did he fall for the owner/operator meme? My father is a truck driver in ND, he makes well over $100k per year and that was a downgrade from his last job.

High elevations stay cool. However I don't think you can get an average high under 28-30C during summer unless you're camping on Mt Olympus or something.

He works in the oil fields?

What do I expect to spend if I were to buy a house in Athens? I am looking for like 200+ sq meter house within 10-20 mins from the city center

Is the whole house in pic related 1.5 m? I would say it's not so bad if it's within zone 3-4.

I live in a coastal city in South Florida and the median house price is like $300-400k in my city. 2000 sq ft house can easily cost $300-400k in the part that aren't close to the coast and a 2000 sq ft house that is right next to the coast will coast at least $600-700+k.

Most people in my city are NYC transplants so I guess they would consider houses in my city relatively cheap

>$10,000 to $100,000
>35-50k
Where the fuck do you live where that is the cost an average house? A dirt hut?

The area yes, he just does short day trips for a courier company now and makes great money. Before that he was driving as a contractor in Iraq for Haliburton.

everyone tries to take the piss but houses outside london are actually reasonable

this 2 bed bungalow in stockbridge is only £340,000

Obviously not him but here you could buy a large and very nice home on the coast for $100,000

How does he feel about the threat of automation? That's the only thing holding me back from pursuing a career in trucking.

>only £340,000

150k to 250k

>houses outside london are actually reasonable
Does that go for cities like Edinburgh, Cambridge, or Oxford? Just asking cuz I assume that those are cities (other than London) that foreigners would look for.

American garages are that fucking big, holy shit

>americans bragging about cheap homes
>never hear americans about the housing crisis anymore

makes you think

This is what you could probably get for 100k where I live. It’s nowhere near large and it’s pretty meh.

Edinburgh Bristol Brighton and Oxford are probably 2nd most expensive. I usually think of it as Londoners driving up the prices but you're probably right

I hate hot climates but also hate snow. The only place I've ever found that fits is Eureka, CA

And Brighton and Oxford are only expensive because you can commute to London from there

>houses
600000 to X amount of millions

Few hundred k

>Brighton
Isn't that where British hipsters are at? Didn't know it was that close to London
>Bristol
I heard a good thing about U of Bristol. Is this a good school? Also what is Bristol as a city like? As a burger and kimchi, I don't know the city other than the way it was depicted in Skins

It's nice desu. about 750,000 people in the met area, lots of green space, hilly, reasonably old and pretty. The Uni is good and the city is kind of hipster like brighton is but because it's like 3-4x bigger it's also a bit more average. Also police there have basically stopped bothering people about smoking weed so it's filled with DUDEs

Fucking all over the south and midwest. Just live by somewhere with a diversified economy and decent wages.

£340,000 is about $585,000 Canadian. To give you an idea this 20,000 sq.ft. building built in 1878 is currently for sale, located right in the centre of the province's biggest city for $500,000 Canadian.

He has never expressed any fear of that whatsoever. He's close to retirement anyway so it won't effect him and I doubt he has ever thought of it.

thats cheap because it's a liability and you can't do anything with it
not arguing we have anything near good prices but show me an actual house instead of a money put

Cheap homes weren't affected by the crash. It was mainly new developments and people that got 30 year mortgages for no or extremely low money down who shouldnt have been lent to.

**money pit

One of my collegues moved there as a professor and it seems that he enjoys life there. Mb I should move there as well.

its fucking expensive and wages are shit, but i guess thats everywhere in the UK

I live in Texas. Shits not that cheap

House prices in London and surroundings are fucking insane. I hope we don't end up the same desu

340k GBP gets you quite far in Amsterdam
€375k for a 18th century apartment in the middle of the city: funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/appartement-49325339-prinsengracht-346-e/

€399k for a semi-detached floating house 15 minutes from the center: funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/huis-49343527-ijburglaan-289/

£337,000
Oceanfront property, in the centre of what was rated Canada's best place to visit last year, beautiful and historic St. Andrews by-the-sea.

>"Located on one of St. Andrews' most desirable streets, in town with lovely water views, near parks and within walking distance to the many amenities the town has to offer. In recent years a home office down and large en suite bath to the Master bedroom up have been added and last year a spacious family room, a convenient mud room and large outdoor room/covered verandah were constructed, adding even more charm to this beautiful three bedroom home. A fully landscaped property with mature shade trees, flag stone paths, perennial beds and shrubs, balcony and private dining patio, makes the outside as appealing as the homes interior. Other features include propane and wood-burning fireplaces, large pantry, hardwood floors, full basement, off street parking and a one-car garage."

>Oceanfront property, in the centre of what was rated Canada's best place to visit last year,

That's all well and good, but most of us in this thread are young adults who need to make money, and New Brunswick may be a nice place to live but it is also the poorest part of the country and there are no jerbs. You would need to be a multimillionaire CEO to buy something like that in Toronto.

>10,000

That is either a typo or you are trailer park trash. Average house price in the USA is $400,000 and median is $350,000. The lowest average sale price is in Mississippi for $240,000.

I'm sure in many places it is. It certainly is in kansas

zillow.com/home-values/

OP must be high or stupid.

No. No it is not

Dude. Holy shit. You think I don't browse zillow everyday? Circle places in the midwest and set the price range for 30-50k and tell me what you find. I've literally looked at every home in my city and surrounding area in that range and there are many MANY great options.

Yes, NB is dirt poor. Most of the people in St. Andrews are retired from other places or got lucky and inherited a home there that was in their family for a century or more.

Depends on what you think a good house looks like.

2 bed. 1 bath. No garage. Built before 1960.

t. Detroit resident

>How much do houses in your country cost?
If you wanna build a decent house near Moscow it shall cost you like 12 mln roubles (200k$), maybe you can lower it down to 150k. I mean one where you can live cumphy whole year and have some land (usually 0.06h).
I heard in province it is 4-5x lower but who knows. Maybe you can buy some crap for $10k but be ready for outside toilet which isn't very convenient when it's -20C or lower

Or anywhere in the Midwest?

Is that minimal? What about a good neighborhood or what the house exterior/design looks like?

With some exceptions that's what you'll need to compromise on. They are usually located in c class neighborhoods. And they usually look fine outside and in.

The top reminds me a lot of the kinds of houses i see in my hometown.
The bottom reminds me a lot of the kinds of houses i see where i live now (Leipzig)

Just looked randomly in Kansas. They’re not bad for their price but really not my type of house at all and I assume for most others

1m AUD+

Hell I could just sell my apartment and buy your entire street out from the looks of it

>average
When will you retards learn. Average=/=median. Average prices include $10 million dollar penthouses. You can buy decent-sized houses all over the U.S for more or less $100k. Here:
zillow.com/homes/Calhoun-GA_rb/

And what is it you want in a house? What would be so nice to look at that it justifies slaving away for decades to pay that mortgage?

I cited median as well.

Just gonna leave this here
realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Ogdensburg_NY

>Whoopsies! You weren't supposed to see that wagecuck!

Those houses look like shit desu. Especially the first one. I can just picture some redneck sitting on the pront porch, cleaning his gun while biting on a blade of grass.
Also, that's going to be 74,000 USD dollars + state tax, sales tax, county tax, property tax and mandatory propane explosion insurance so it's really more like 100,000

They all look like dilapidated shitholes that probably need $100k in improvements and cost $300 a month to heat in the winter

He's a great driver, very hard working man. He used to do long haul a long time ago. He did fall for the owner/operator meme and had to quit because of it. He does flat bed trucking now.

100k/trucking? Does he own his own truck. What kind of trucker? Hazmat? Driving in the tundra?

That is one ugly fucking house. Typical family house (2500 sq ft) is around $330k.

Something that you can bear living for the rest of your life and maybe having a family in. Which means nice-looking countertops, floor, etc. A nice, safe neighborhood that’s conveniently near stores or work. Two baths for when someone is shitting and you need to shower or shit. Garage would be nice and doubles as a storage or whatever.
That’s just a few stuff

Exactly. No one looks at these houses and says “would I would definitely want to live here!”, unless you’re some hick redneck of course.