Why does Hellboy look like a gorilla?

Why does Hellboy look like a gorilla?

still don't get how those goggles work.
he never uses them.

Please tell me you're joking.

Mignola just loves monkeys so much. Something about relating to the fundamental human nature or maybe just because they look funny..

It's a meme

IT'S A MONKEY!

HE'S GOT A GUN!

Mignola likes drawing gorillas, it shows in a lot of demon designs

because he's based off your mum.

Ron Perlman, too...in fact he's a perfect hellboy

It's like Ultimate Nick Fury.

Mignola saw a gorilla in a movie and decided to base a new character on him. The gorilla's owner allowed it on the condition that the gorilla would play Hellboy if they ever made a live action.movie.

Wow, racist much?

Perlman is awesome as Hellboy. He sounds exactly how I hear him in my head, and he's got a strong, square jaw that's just perfect. He's also crazy nice apparently. My cousin met him while he was working on the first Hellboy movie, and says he was just the nicest dude ever. He was in full makeup, still on set. Said cousin is a caterer and was doing craft services for the picture. David Hyde Pierce was there too, and he was apparently really chill. Voiced Abe in the first one. He was on the television show Frasier, right?

Anybody have those panels? That shit is hilarious. It's best with no context to what the hell is going on.

and amphibians

What? Are you joking?
Mignola literally designed him to look like an ape.

I've just begun reading Hellboy, Irish guy, talked about this a day or two ago. Do they ever explain exactly what Abe is? I don't want it spoiled but I don't want to get blueballs waiting for an explanation that never comes.

oh yeah totally. you won't be disappointed it's actually pretty cool

I've met Hyde-Pierce, and yeah, he's really cool. And yes, he was on Frasier, he played Niles, Frasier's brother. He played Cecil on the Simpsons, brother of Sideshow Bob, who was voiced of course by Kelsey Grammar, who played Frasier. They make several references to that.

Bonus.

I wish just once I had an excuse to say that.

Best.

I don't want context. I need to find out how this shit happens.

Here is some extra no-reason Hellboy content.

Is it true Mike Mignola was dorm mates with Steve Purcell of Sam and Max fame?

Yeah. Purcell was his best man when he got married, and he was Purcell's.

Because his mom is British.

Spoiler, because it was in the latest issue, and I want to discuss it with others who've read it: He's a god, a human, and Abe at the same time. He's basicly Deep One Jesus.

he could've looked like this

>Two sets of horns

Thank god that didn't work out.

That design is way less cool. Ugh.

Someone post the links to the chronological Mignolaverse threads.

This thread needs more Hellboy crossover.

I really can't get as much into the Hellboy issues that don't have Mignola's art.

Anyone ever read the Aliens comic he did?

If you say so

Fun fact: Gorillas build nests in which they sleep, both on the ground and in trees, made of leaves and branches. Counting abandoned nests is an effective way for scientists to estimate population size.

That's just cool.

>final issue of Hellboy comes out in 11 days

never thought I'd see this day

>watched both movies, loved the character
>haven't actually read the comics
Shit I gotta get hot.

Look out for the Chronological Mignolaverse threads, they've just reached Hellboy as a kid.

It's kind of sad actually. 24 years of Hellboy coming to an end. What would Mignola do next?

Paintings. he said so.

k

3rd movie when?

He took after his dad.

Also, will we ever get another movie by Deltoro?

Abe Sapien/BPRD are still ongoing though, right? I assumed once Hellboy in Hell wrapped up the resolution would involve him returning to earth and interacting with those stories.

I've heard that del Toro wants to do another one but can't find anyone to fund it.

Abe is ending on #43 or something. BPRD hell on earth is ending, and the next BPRD chapter will begin.

BPRD's going on hiatus after Hell on Earth ends and then starts it's final story cycle that's supposed to be as long as Plague of Frogs