Baseball

Who was in the right here?

Other urls found in this thread:

baseballsoftball.pl/
youtube.com/watch?v=ao0vXBJqODE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Baseball culture is absolutely kino..

Every baseball movie is 10000000xs better than any football movie

This. I'm glad someone finally had the balls to say it.

I want to know which approach to baseball is right:
a) mathematic (Moneybol)
b) traditional (Eastwood)

Never saw trouble with the curve is it any good?

How many World Series do the A's have under Billy Bean?

Baseball culture is childish and retarded.

>hurr dude flipped a bat or took too long rounding the bases better clear the bench and pretend we're going to fight

do not confuse gay football with straight rugby

I saw it and I still don't know

c) faith

>My shit don't work in the playoffs
-Billy Beane
That being said, moneyball has worked for other teams

>Baseball culture is childish and retarded.
t. ESPN

Baseball at least doesn't fine players for celebrating like the NFL does. The players police it themselves.

A little of both. Moneyball gave new ways to grade players, but you still need to see how players act with your eyes. Some shit may work out over 162 games, but fail in a 5 game series.

Major League 1 > Field of Dreams > Moneyball > Sandlot > Major League 2

dunno, not from USA
Mommy Adams is there, so yes

Why is Kevin Costner in so many baseball films?

kek
also another faith KINO

Because he is America

I knew... I heard
if you build this thread, they will come

The Sandlot is based you pleb

I don't even understand the rules of baseball but baseball movies make me wish I was American. They're very comfy. Another great one is Eight Men Out.

Also I wish people like Costner were still popular, the quiet ordinary decent man archetype of Stewart and Capra, Fonda and Ford. Hollywood has gone full liberal degenerate, nothing but Weimar culture garbage.

I had a problem with the TWTC ending, it felt too deus ex machina.

Mommy ex machina

Going to baseball games is the ultimate comfy. Great sport to go to with friends or with the gf

I have a qstion:
do you have hooligans in America? like Brits or Poles? pic rel

No. Though the faggots that watch the MLS try to glorify hooliganism because they are obsessed with copying euro soccer culture

holy fuck how can they be that dumb. although civilised countries have put end to hooligans. also the worst are balkans (serbia, albania and shit), russians, turkey and poles

I live minutes away from the FoD

I watch a lot of football but never any baseball. Just couldn't get into it. I prefer baseball movies to football movies though.

Except for this one, which is probably my favorite sports related movie / documentary. Focused on a man who played both.

>no Bull Durham

30 for 30 is great regardless of which sport they're covering

>be supporter of Legia Warsaw or Zenit St. Petersburg
>go to America seeking chaos and destruction
> #WEAREHOOLIGANS block your path
>they win
>we die
>of laughter

Moneyball's a damn fine movie.

Idk are you sure you're as hard as a guy who was banned for using smoke bombs

I'm not a pleb but I find it quite boring

I agree. I'd like to get into baseball more so I could get into some baseball 30 for 30s. This one was hard to watch being a Cleveland fan but it's still really good. Talks about all pro sports in Cleveland and how they were void of any Championships for like, 30+ years, earning them the label 'the factory of sadness'.

This guy is making me nervous. I don't know man, maybe we just pull back and go to our country...

Cleveland is a shit sportstown that deserves all the sadness they get

Yeah you'd better run. Don't want these tough guys after you.

This.

>You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all

Both are shit

>be a fan
>don't remember songs by heart

baseball is less dynamic thus easier to film

In our defense real New Yorkers don't give a fuck about divegrass and we beat the shit out of these fucking queers whenever they show up in our bars.

whoa now that's edgy

You mean real New Yorkers don't give a crud

Sports movies are never good

The KKK guy is never going to catch anyone without a horse. Those robes are a bitch to run in.

Moneyball was an okay story turned into a shit book. I've avoided trouble with the curve because of timberlake. The trailer made him seem like an integral member of the cast and I absolutely am not going to make the mistake of watching him ruin another movie.

Hope no polish club becomes racist and uses KKK symbol.
KKK hates catholics as well as blackers

>tfw go watch Kershaw or Trout every week
>Feels good brehs

this, the one on the '85 Bears should be a required viewing for everybody

Enjoy Trout while you've got him, he'll be a Yankee in a couple years

>Implying the Yankees will have enough money for Trout, Machado, and Harper

how much money does the biggest baseball star cost?
for ex. soccer star pogba is 100 millions

Harper's going to the Rangers

dunno about Machado, the O's have a good enough team to win a chip, Nats too but not under Dusty Baker and not with their Bullpen

Timbarlake and Eastwood in the same movie? How weird. I'll watch it later maybe.

Currently? Giancarlo Stanton is making 325million on a 12 year contract.

Bryce Harper is arguably the one of the two best players in baseball right now (next to Mike Trout), and he's expected to get a 10 year/$400 million contract when he hits free agency next winter. That's not including endorsements.
>Rangers overpaying for a star player
A-Rod shows that the Rangers are incapable of that. I doubt the O's will be able to keep Machado because his price tag will be too steep.

Current contracts can hit $30-35 million a year for 8-10 years. These are for the guys who are truly elite, top 5 at their position.

well I am not telling about making money, I am thinking about the transfer fee.
For ex. your contract hasn't expired yet and some team wants you desperately. They must pay monniez to the other team.

MLB doesn't have transfer fees like Soccer does. When a team wants a star player, they usually give up their top prospects in their minor league systems for the player. They'll then take on the rest of the contract for that player, unless there's a stipulation stating that the player's previous team will help pay

Spreadsheet meta is always the way.

and who is the Ronaldo and Messi of baseball currently?

whoa that's complicated
t. european

Mike Trout and Bryce Harper

It's really not as bad as you would think

hey, do you have something like Football Manager game, but for the baseball? You know, managing team, taking care of finances, getting players, hiring staff, etc

not actually playing as a team but as a manager

I know that Hockey does, but I don't think they have a baseball one yet.

ITT: very nice and cultural discussion about movies and sport (baseball).
Literally impossible to discuss like that with NFL supporters.

For manager and front office simulation baseball has the OOTP series.

What is the best 30 for 30 and why is it Once Brothers?

Nope, it's catching hell

The U was based and the one they did about OJ was great because it was made with just news footage

>mfw in Poland it is illegal to have a baseball bat because it is considered illegal weapon

>nobody plays baseball
>"but officer, I was just going down to the park to knock a few ones out!"

>tfw you will never see sandlot for the first time again

Fuck this adult shit

If you Europeans haven't yet, watch Sandlot, that'll really make you wish to be an American in the suburbs

baseballsoftball.pl/
Polish Association of Baseball and Softball
(I see this for the first time in my entire life)

I love this movie but haven't heard anyone talk about it here.

The cops look the other way if you use it to beat gays and non-whites

blacks and gays can teach us baseball

youtube.com/watch?v=ao0vXBJqODE

I keep a baseball bat in my car just in case someone road rages at me and a lawyer friend told me to keep my glove in the car too so it would be easier to get off if I got sued for hitting someone with the bat

what country do you live in?
inb4 stalk

USA

um. how would that prevent you from getting sued? I don't think your "lawyer friend" thought that one through.

I didn't say it would prevent it. Apparently a good lawyer can spin a bat and glove as a couple of things in the car for recreational purposes but if it's just a bat then it's harder to argue that it wasn't in the car for weapon purposes

moneyball is the best baseball movie of all time, sorry friends

>guest starring Disney's Rocket Raccoon

In Poland we beat people with this son of a bitch. And then we eat the murder weapon

This was pretty enjoyable. A bit forced with the melodrama, but still fun to watch.

Checked. Yeah the scouts who are old dudes that Billy is in opposition to are 2dimensional as fuck, and makes for a gigantic glaring flaw of the film. They should've been more like Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character. Otherwise I fucking love it. Standout scenes like "is losing fun?"