Isn't it funny that this

is what is needed in modern war and th F-22 and the F-35 remain hyper-expensive boondoggles?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/09/why-is-america-using-these-antique-planes-to-fight-isis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

>is the US cucked by jews and not using tons of BRRRRRTTTTs

yes

>I will never Ever be a Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II pilot

We should dual-mount that gun in a modified Abrams.

all of my warplane boners

A-10 is sick in places like Afghanistan and shiet but full out war with China or Russia its dunbar

>current year
>not using piston engine aircraft to drop bombs on sandniggers
Why do we even need overly expensive MANPAD baits to bomb a bunch of ragheads?

did someone said BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?

I'd imagine prop planes would be MANPAD magnets.

>ground attack aircraft
>relevant
Air superiority (thus fighters) are far more important in modern warfare

But we have robotic machines of death

We actually used these in Iraq to fight ISIS
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/09/why-is-america-using-these-antique-planes-to-fight-isis.html

>I will never be human

No one who's actually an infantryman or a pilot agrees the A-10 is useful anymore.

Yeah and we have spaceships but I don't fly them to work, do I?

IIRC the new Russian MBT armor will block the A-10s cannon.

It can barely penetrate a T-62's in the front or sides.

Completely different purposes.

I'm sure the Russians practiced tank formations that would prevent effective strafes as well.

Ok the A10 is designed for CAS and to destroy soviet t72s crossing the fulda gap. We're planning on killing Chinese "fifth generation" aircraft and maintaining air superiority. The A10 is fine for the role it's intended for but we're not replacing the A10, we're replacing the F16 and the F18

It's useful for tearing up insurgents in a hilux, also the only other plane that can provide brrt is a strela 2 magnet

>we're not replacing the A10, we're replacing the F16 and the F18
You are though. F-35 was designed to replace F-16, F-18, A-10 and AV-8B.

Yep. Which is stupid because the F-35 is overpriced and way over qualified for the kinds of missions it will be used for.

Goat fuckers in the desert? Take a Cessna, put some bombs on it, and drop them.

The problem is the A-10 has comparatively shit loiter time compared to a fully loaded F-35s or Apache's who can rip through conveys just fine.

Troops need planes with longer loiter.

It's designed to operate as a CAS but then again we have multiple less expensive options that can do CAS just as effectively. No commander is going to risk a $100m plane to AA fire when the F35 can deliver a smart bomb from bvr

The Sensor Suite on the 35 can also deliver more effective fire power to ground units.

>not baptizing your new gadgets
strafing raqqa and mosul can be the f35's first real use