A
V
O

J
O
H
N
S

How the fuck do characters turn into completely different, shittier versions of themselves in ten years?

Not to mention the fact that the pre-52 and post-52 Supermen are in the same space. How the fuck does that work if the New 52 is the pre-52?

No JSA around to be awesome old role models

Shhh, you are not supposed to quetion Johns actions.
Just shout BASED CERAL KING and go back watching The Flash and pretend you like Johns for his comics

My theory is that the reality altered by Flashpoint is a universe with a similar history to pre-flashpoint.

What if I like Johns for giving needy dogs loving homes?

Because its not as simple as that.
Like at all

Also hes talking about Flashpoint. Barry and Wally are Johns self-inserts in Rebirth

It's actually stated based on the IGN spoilers that New 52 Superman isn't who Clark thought he was. It'll probably turn out that New 52 Superman was a different character repurposed into the role of Post-Crisis Superman since he wasn't there when the world was rebooted. Maybe Kal-L or Conner like people were speculating in another thread.

So hoe does this work exactly?

Pre-Flashpoint--->Flashpoint--->Everyone loses 10 years of their lives--->New 52--->a bunch of shit happens during the New 52 that rewrites stories from pre-Flashpoint continuity--->Rebirth--->learn that the New 52 was just the old continuity that was altered--->Everyone gets those missing 10 years back or are the just lost since New 52 stories rewrote most of them?

Same way it happened in 52 with Mir Mind's antics.

We knew since some previews were revealed that Jason was getting his post-crisis origin back, so some old stuff likely will return to continuity now since you've got characters who remember the real history walking around, with Clark, Lois and now Barry and Wally.

Hypertime will slowly merge the two together.

Oh. That makes sense. Cool

Given the pace at which those dogs die once they enter the Johns household, he's probably doing something sinister with them.

Best case scenaio:
Wally and Black Wally interact and have the same facial expressions

But what about Paralax Hal and nu52 Hal and Lois Lane?
Those 3 are the only pre-52 characters that jumped to and exist along with the nu-52 counterparts.

>Bruce has always been older than the rest of the League
>New52 Supes wasnt actually Supes
>Wondy is actually way older via Ruckas Year One
>Flash can speedforce away the years
>actually makes sense for Vic

So how do they explain deaging Hal?

>Barry fucks off
>Wally becomes Flash again, gets his family back
>Black Wally gets a nickname, becomes Kid Flash
>Also Bart Allen punches Bar-Tor in the dick and becomes Impulse again
Best end.

Hal actually has a cousin who's also named Hal Jordan, just say New 52 Hal was actually Air Wave the whole time

And after this, I'm still going to have the shitty Nu52 version of Cassandra Cain.

Wallyfag, Kylefag or Batfag?

Cassfags don't deserve anything better

and people will stil claim that Batfags have it easy while they are getting back pre-52 Superman and Wally

Didn't you read the preview?
Love was stolen from them

Wally back
JSA back

But I still don't have jester Harley back.

That doesn't turn you into a literal physically different person.

It does with BASED CEREAL KING XDD!!!

As someone who regularly steals love, I can attest that it does.

Jesus fuck dc why can't you just retcon and reboot without trying to make these butfuck retarded in universe explanations

I hadn't thought about Lois. If the Kal-L theory ended up being right though, she could be Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Lois, who also died on the Post-Crisis Earth.

I would actually, honestly prefer the "Nu52 was an alternate universe lol" handwave over circuituous shit like that.

That's dumb. Halallax always had time travel powers, that's all you need to explain him dicking around in the future. Send him home when you're done writing bad stories where he and Hal fight, loop closed.

>Hypertime will slowly merge the two together.
I will never stop recognizing Hypertime as the true continuity.

Tell me what is difference between pre-fp Superman and nu52 Superman. Last one is more closer to Snyder's MoS or what? Also younger? That's all?

Yeah. And not wise, old, inspirational and in love with Lois.

And no embarrassing memories of his mullet days.

He's not like MoS at all, really. He actually has dialogue and an optimistic outlook.

Being younger is the thing, really. They replaced him with Old Supes because they wanted the marriage and kid.

Nu52 Superman is actually a character
Pre-fp Superman is the meme character loved by everyone, always right, never wrong, the most just around etc. that people find boring

Where did this Cereal King meme come from? I dunno but I like it

Everyone had fashion travesty once in their life.

It's from a time Geoff posted himself grocery shopping on twitter. He fuckin' loves cereal, was taking pics as he shopped, apparently the manager thought it was weird and asked him to stop, then he tried to get a discount by telling him "I write Aquaman" and it didn't fly.

Geoff used to tweet about cereal a lot..got creepy to a certain point.

>Marvel merges the ultimate universe and stuff from the MCU into their main comics
>YAAAAAAAAY MORE INHUMANS AND MOVIE SYNERGY
>DC merges pre- and post-Flashpoint
>BOOOOOO WE DON'T WANT THE OLD STUFF BACK AND THIS SUCKS

>inspirational
What does it mean?

Good bait

But that was good times.

Nobody cares about the shitty logic behind the reboot that supposedly isn't a reboot they just care about getting their favorite characters back.

Mullet times are good times but also embarrassing times.

New52 Superman started his career with a Golden Age-like powerset, after the Kents died. He was brasher and more impulsive, also clearly enjoyed what he does, and depending on the writer he either left that behind as he matured (mostly in John's own writing) or he still showed signs of that at times.

In the New52, he also had been once again the first known Super Hero, although very little was done with that, so it ended up being a fairly pointless addition in the end.

>In the New52, he also had been once again the first known Super Hero, although very little was done with that, so it ended up being a fairly pointless addition in the end.

Yeah, the irony was the only reason to have Superman be "the first hero" is you're going to be everyone else's inspiration, but Nu52 Supes was more "just another one of the boys, nothin' special" than any other Superman in fuckin' history.

I fucking like New 52 Supes there was nothing wrong with him.

He didn't love Lois. Sorry, you know what masses want.

Reminds me of how Kubo writes Bleach.
>Oh you thought this thing worked that way? Fuck you Zangetsu is actually Hollow Ichigo, why are you still reading this crap.

Eh, I never outright disliked him, as opposed to a LOT of other Nu52 portrayals of characters, but he got to be a little too much like Conner at the end there, with the haircut and the more focus on his temper.

Being an experienced elder statesman kinda fits Superman's statue in the DCU more, plus Lois pretty much sucks and serves no purpose as a character when she's not married to him.

meant to say "stature"

With an R

Will they ever fix the mistake called Arsenal?

not MUH CHARACTER is a valid argument when used by Superfags apparently

Morons found boring

Sure sure

Oh god. His backstory is going to get even more complicated now.

I have decided I'm just going to ignore dcs pathetic attempts to explain retcon and reboots in universe from now I'm I'm just not going to buy rebirth

Of course it's not always avoidable I walked right into that shit with Pandora[ I just stoped reading that right there though

So did Rebirth info get leaked? What did I miss? I've been busy and haven't been able to check Sup Forums in a while.

the blue guy from watchmen created the DC universe

He hasn't had a mullet anymore for a while, if that helps

nu52 reboot never happened, it was a trick by Watchmen.

Yes, there are several actual leaks plus a lot of spoilery reviews and a spoilery preview

And it doesn't explain Batman and GL retaining all their history while characters like WW and Supes have completely changed.

They sent out copies to retailers, some retailers blabbed/
So later on DC just decided "ok, screw it" and gave Newarama and IGN permission to spoil

More like he tampered with the DC universe.

Wondyer Womans history we know is a bunch of lies, thats what Ruckas run is about
New52 Superman isnt Superman

What? Explain this.

Crazy idea, but what if the reason Wally is wearing the Kid Flash outfit is because the crisis was averted in Convergence? He only wore the red suit to honour Barry's memory, and if Barry never died...

So the Superman we thought we had was just some random guy

Rayner lost several girlfriends worth of history and all the Robins got their origins squished together and fucked up.

That was always the problem with the Nu52, none of the retcons fit together or made sense.

At least now we can point to an excuse, like "Manhattan did a sloppy job of changing history, that's WHY there are so many fuckin' plotholes"

how does it tie with Final Crisis and Darkseid being dead and then alive again but weaker etc.

What if he wore KF outfit so people could know who's who?

Wonder Woman had a reboot kind of set up at the end of her own Pre-Flashpoint run. Morrison's run also had suggested that Superman's timeline changes were due to an evil 5th dimensional imp messing with him. Still, at least for Superman, there's the implication now that he was never there and Post-Flashpoint Superman was someone else, which is why he was different. The mysterious guy with a cloak apparently directly tells Clark that New 52 Superman isn't who he thought he was.

Wally's wearing the Kid Flash outfit because whatever Manhattan did made everybody's history off by ten years somehow.

>And it doesn't explain Batman retaining all their history

Because he didn't retain all his history.

No its not a random guy, apparently its revealed in Rebirth or Superman #52

>Rayner lost several girlfriends worth of history
Oh no, how awful for him!

Flashpoint undid the fact that Final Crisis happened in the first place.

Multiversity already had explained that though. John's Darkseid is just an "emanation" who thought he was the real deal, while the real one was still recovering from Final Crisis.

Fuck you, some of us liked Jade a lot

Based on the spoilers, Rebirth doesn't really reveal who he was, just says that he isn't who Pre-Flashpoint Clark thought he was.

She moved another guy into the apartment she and Kyle shared while he was busy in space.

>recovering from Final Crisis

How do you recover from your god-form dying so hard it drills a hole through time and you have to possess humans, then your soul being shattered after you're kicked out of the human?

I like Jade too, that's why it's good that her awful time with Kyle is erased

Well hey, we all regret Ben Raab.

I'm kind of weary about this but I'll try to see it through. Maybe they manage to stick the landing.That's a BIG maybe.

Nix Uotan brought him back while influenced by the Gentry.

SHE was erased. There is currently no Jade.

Although maybe she'll come back when the main Earth's JSA does.

Nonexistence isn't the worst thing that can happen to a character.

I actually almost have to admire the balls. I mean, objectively looking at it, that's a fucking insane move for the company to attempt. These people are actually at the cutting edge of... something. It kind of has flair to it.

I also have to quite like how they're reversing some of their genocide of their grand old continuity. Some people actually love the gloriously old and detailed history of these characters. We just don't generate any money for the company that owns it, and are also gradually dwindling away.

The more I think about it, the more I admire what a batshit direction this is for them to take (pun intended kek)....

It's been a long week and I'm struggling to understand what they've done here.
I haven't followed Nu52 since the first couple of issues. Are they just merging pre flashpoint and the current continuity?

I'd appreciate anyone taking the time to dumb it down for me

God bless Geoff Johns.

Basically that. They're saying that New52 is different from Pre-Flashpoint due to Manhattan messing with the timeline for some reason,and now due to some people who remember the Pre-Flashpoint timeline appearing (Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Wally) other people are starting to remember the real history, like Barry.

>desperate move trying to undo something
>i-it's genius guys!

if Marvel did it you drones would be shitting on them no stop