Brit/pol/ - Durham Edition

>Leaked e-mails show that Steven Woolfe is ineligible to stand for leadership of UKIP
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/steven-woolfe-ukip_uk_5797b95ee4b02508de478dc7

>Boris Johnson's cat evicted from Number 10 after sneaking in when the door was open
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/boris-johnsons-cat-evicted-from-number-10-after-sneaking-in-when/

>Blairite Labour Party donor Michael Foster's legal challenge to Corbyn's right to be on leadership ballot
theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/26/high-court-to-hear-legal-case-against-labour-leadership-ballot-decision-jeremy-corbyn

>Corbyn supporters consider legal challenge to NEC's voting limitations and suspension of Constituency Labour Parties. Petition:
you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/an-open-letter-to-the-nec-from-labour-party-members

>Theresa May SHUTS DOWN £6.4m-per-year asylum centre
express.co.uk/news/uk/692958/Theresa-May-Government-6-4m-asylum-centre-shut-charities-Barnados

>New ICM Poll
twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/757880315423711232

>Syrian refugees on remote Scottish island
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706625/Syrian-refugees-settled-remote-Scottish-island-complain-depressed-area-old-people-people-come-die.html

>Nicola Sturgeon takes political fantasy to new heights
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/nicola-sturgeon-takes-political-fantasy-to-new-heights/

>Theresa May in Northern Ireland
bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

>French press fury after Hollande caves in to May
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/hollande-caves-may-french-press-reacted/

>Nigel Farage says "Germany may never be the same again" after Angela Merkel’s decision to let in 1million refugees
lbc.co.uk/lbc-leading-britains-conversation-every-day-118271

>The BBC continues it's long history of honest and unbiased reporting
twitter.com/TarekFatah/status/757442737037770752

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qBw3_rmqZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=g4CuGsP7MVo
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/boris-johnsons-cat-evicted-from-number-10-after-sneaking-in-when/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/fireman-sam-producer-apologises-after-showing-character-treading/
youtu.be/wHWsDlUflLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for Gordon broke up

youtube.com/watch?v=-qBw3_rmqZ4

go to 13:30

Durham is lefty as fuck but voted leave.

What's up with that?

THIRD FOR BASED TONES

youtube.com/watch?v=g4CuGsP7MVo

All Tone's are based

maybe they thought it'd free up all that money for the NHS

>telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/boris-johnsons-cat-evicted-from-number-10-after-sneaking-in-when/

top kek

The lefties didn't turn up

Guys I had a dream there was a happening in London help

THE FLAMES ARE INCREASING IN HEIGHT

was tony abbot actually good for oz or was he just a meme?

I dreamed I was with my ex girlfriend, again

Why do old people like tories so much lol?

Yougov overall: May 52, Corbyn 18.

65+: May 76, Corbyn 7

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/26/fireman-sam-producer-apologises-after-showing-character-treading/

Fireman Sam has called for a new crusade, will Sup Forums answer?

Older = wiser

Who is this Marina Joyce slag?

if doubles then IS attacks fireman sam

More like older=racist

>Steps on a piece of cgi paper
>IT'S THE KURAN! BAN THIS FILTH!
These people are insane.

Posting again cos it's pretty shocking

>A report by the TUC, published on Wednesday, shows that real earnings have declined more than 10% since the credit crunch began in 2007, leaving the UK equal bottom in a league table of wages growth.
>Using data from the OECD’s recent employment outlook, the TUC found that over the same 2007-2015 period, real wages grew in Poland by 23%, in Germany by 14%, and in France by 11%. Across the OECD, real wages increased by an average of 6.7%.
>The TUC found that between 2007 and 2015 in the UK, real wages – income from work adjusted for inflation – fell by 10.4%. That drop was equalled only by Greece in a list of 29 countries in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
>The UK, Greece and Portugal were the only three OECD countries that saw real wages fall

Older people remember the 70s when the trade unions were JUSTing the country, inflation + unemployment, strikes etc. Then Thatcher fixed it.

Or as the moderates put it:
>that's a bit out of order. You should do something about it or certain people who definitely aren't related to me in any way might do something nasty.

Because of immigrants, yes? Who are happy to be paid less?

THINGS

> Das waycissss!

Doesn't work anymore.

Because the working class has been destroyed by globalism

I had a dream where I was being attacked by Satanic vampires in London and I tried stabbing them with a steak knife.

Yeah but the 70s also had high employment, secure public services and social cohesion.

Thatcher destroyed industry and people's way of life.

Its a face of life mate... old people are fucking racist.

Why don't you post the article so we can actually read it?

That doesn't explain how wages grew in other oecd nations with large scale immigration

> Its a face of life mate... old people are fucking racist.

And they're right to be. Society's misery levels would immediately plummet if we were monocultural.

There's always a honeymoon after a leader is replaced.

So what

And why are tories racist?

DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT POUND SHOP ENOCH POWELLS?

Durham itself may be quite posh, but County Durham itself is working class with a healthy amount of racism

That's UKIP ladm8.

Theresa, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.

End the austerity now.

I have a stopover in London during a trip I'm taking in mid-September.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what's the likelihood that'll I'll experience a happening?

>arguing with dubquads

London is pretty huge, even if a happening happens whilst you are in the city, the chances of it being anywhere near you are tiny

1, we haven't had one in 3 years now, and even if something did happen the day you were in London the chances are it would be somewhere that wasn't in your line of sight.

Last major happening was 11 years ago

probs not very likely, maybe you'll just see a soldier beheaded or something

>Thatcher destroyed industry and people's way of life.
There is an argument which can be made that the changes were too rapid (Norman Tebbit says this retrospectively), but she did a great job considering what he was given.

Unreal bants.

>a great job

Southerner detected

I reckon if they behead another priest we'll get called to arms by the pope.

It's not arms he's into

Such a fucking miserable picture

Why are you guys opposed to this?

Can you genuinely tells why you don't want the country to be islamic?

Who cares if we become a "3rd world country"

We will be more in line with the rest of the world and more equal

They won't. That would be really hateful and a warcrime.

Just calm down

poor bait

Who /stayed awake all night/ here?
Who /NEET/ here?

she didn't want to deal with the unions she wanted to crush them and turn us into the individualist society we now are, we've never recovered from what she did to our industry or social housing.
and she took milk off kids, who does that?

NW actually. Would you really rather have had Callaghan?

No. Answer my question please.

This is why people pass hate crime laws against you people. You are so illogical and full of hate

The unions were cunts though and striking every day and bringing production down they basically killed our car industry

Too bad the pope is cucked, tqbh.

This desu, lots of people buying into the leftist narrative about Thatcher. Obviously she made mistakes, but overall she was a great PM.

>ex girlfriend
normie

thanks (((neoliberalism)))

Good to hear. Thanks Brit/pol/.

That documentary made me really depressed, it was just like visiting my grandparents and seeing the man I looked up to all my life becoming distant and weak.

I can't deal with the feels.

XD

we made shit cars anyway
her short term solutions totally ruined us

Sorry for posting little of substance but i just have these gut feelings

Do you think the comming attack will be in London or Manchester?

Manchester would be a curve ball but london is obvious

Didn't he had someone in the party that was accused of anti-semitism?

I wish Karen was my girlfriend.

I'd have rather have Enoch himself than a woman who didn't understand Powellism but still tried to mimic it and destroyed the working class

Well after the attacks at nice, people said they likely are targeting less known locations now.

Something to say m8?

Do we think Nice was planned by ISIS though?

>Nice
>not well known

You may be a consistent new thread maker, but your non-Europeaness is showing

Unions are shit though. They stand in the way of genuine progress hiding behind "worker's rights" as some sort of card that trumps every other.

Take Network Rail for instance. They have a "no redundancies" policy. It's totally stupid but the unions force it. They are trying everything to reduce costs but can't even reduce the size of their workforce without unions kicking up a fuss. The unions are literally preventing them from being a better organisation.

Same could be said for a union striking because a company wants to move to automated systems.

he himself has been accused a bunch as well, there was even an incident at the panel labour called to deal with anti-semitsm

I've defended her before from unfair vilification but I'd never try to argue she was great. She was too flawed and undoubtedly did a lot of damage to the culture and social cohesion of the nation. She lay the groundwork for Major and Blair afterall.

Automation is fine but with the current economic model, the benefits of reduced work isn't realised by the majority of the population.

Unions are self interested and destroy the company's that pay the workers in the name of workers interests. But the workers best interests at the core is the health of the company

Mate the thing which destroyed the working class was the breakdown of the family. She did get a lot of working class votes because the ideas of liberty, independence and aspiration appealed to them.

youtu.be/wHWsDlUflLs
A friendly reminder to post your AMA questions. Thank you.

Our cars were top class for decades, only when the 70s rolled around and the strikes began did the quality suffer, less workers = poorly put together, parts missing, etc. There were other factors like the merging of all the great companies into one behemoth which made things hard but unions really fucked us over.

I do disagree with Maggie shutting down shit though like are mines

Yea go back to r9k if you wanna blast someone for having an ex at some point in their life

>targeting
>planned
It's just fucking muslims. Any of them could turn into a lunatic.
"Islamic State" is more an ideology or a cause than a proper organization.

The unions were a problem, can't argue with that. They were as bad as each other though, neither had sight of any greater values.

>option 1: build blast barriers around every building, revoke all civil liberties, turn your country into a prison, live in constant fear of attack
>option 2: deport muzzies
Why are people even considering option 1?

I think keeping people in work and fed does trump speeding up progress.

What did she do to curb globalism? The thing that is the primary cause of the death of the working class

Someome might call them a racist otherwise.

/pol9k/ is one board, one voice, one movement

>the benefits of reduced work isn't realised by the majority of the population.
They are, in the form of lower prices.
Why do people say this? Global free trade is not globalism. Free trade means lower prices for everyone, better living standards. Globalism is world government.

>Bernard Cribbins is 87
I don't want him to die lads

Do you really think workers are better off without unions? Would you be better off in the same job with or without a union?

>aspiration
well, people are greedy

>breakdown of the family
how do you figure that?

UK GDP growth was higher than expected for the 2nd quarter

County Durham is very white so not that racist, this was more of a protest vote

which means it could happen anywhere.

Wait till Brexit quarter comes in and we enter recession soon.

They just took it too far

baby and the bath water

Yet it seems like the lesser of two evils.

Even worse bait.