>Stationed
Singleton

>Years served

>Tours
2, both in Afghanistan

>Do you like it
Does Mexico like Trump?

Bumping because I know there are military fags here

Which is more fun, Afghanistan or Cultana?

Neither, both are literal aids.

Wrong photo

> both are literal aids.
kek

I was thinking of joining the army as a rifleman or one of the many armoured corp jobs, any tips for Kapooka?

Don't go, join the airforce.

> join the airforce.

Why? I mean it would be 100x easier from what I have heard, but there are not many jobs in the RAAF that interest me other than the intelligence jobs and the ACO jobs.

You want to be a rifleman? Become an abg, literally the same job but for the airforce.

I've signed up to be a combat engineer, heading to kapooka in around a month. What am i in for?

Kill yourself this thread is full of fucking lids and OP is the biggest fucking faggot pog cunt.

I need military advice, specifically US.

Should I be a Navy Corpsman or an Army 68W?

I want to get experience I can use after military but specifically I want to work with troops on the field, like pic related.

Go army, every Marine I ever met was a fuck head.

> fucking lids

Shouldn't you be off having a circle jerk on Facebook with your fellow 'How Not To Be a Lid' members just to prove how wardog you are?

Army.

Navy Corpsmen has to do Navy Bullshit and Marine bullshit. Why would you wanna put up with more bullshit?

How the hell did you do 8 years and never get past Lance?

so it looks like army is better so far, and there's the airborne option too in Army. Any Navy guys here with their point of view?

For once a shit cunt is never promoted.

Army. Warrant Officer 1. Targeting Officer. 22. Colorado. 14. 5, 1x iraq, 4x Afghanistan. Best job in the world.

US Army major here.

Infantry but in a staff job.

Commissioned 2009 through OCS after advancing to the rank of Sergeant as an enlisted infantryman.

Stationed in USAG Yongsan

2 12 month Afghan tours

1 12 month Kuwait tour

It has its ups and downs, but I dont get shit on as much as I used to. Staff is pretty chill.

Curious what the highest rank who shitposts on Sup Forums is. I know im above the average but there HAS to be more field grade officers here.

Hey dick bag. Been wanting to join since I was 17 I'm 23 now and a landscaper

I've been to jail and have visible hand tattoos

Can I still join?

What's your opinion of 68Ws? Do you have a lot of experience with them? What do they do around base usually?

USAF

Airmen first class

Airfield systems technician

RAF Mildenhall

1 ½

None

Not my job but others would great

Navy Corpsman is a tough rate to pick up in. Look at our advancement quotas. It's also one of the few rates that does basically every job. I know corpsmen that have done nothing but administration and never once touched a patient or went with the marines. But they're usually females or fags.

You pick where you go first based on your grade in A school. Because I was second and the first guy went to a C school, I got first orders. But back then it was all marine orders. Greatest time in my career as far as maturation and friends I had.

Pick your rate, pick your fate.

If you can clear your name and lose the tattoos then yes.

Navy

HM2

Hospital Corpsman

Pendleton

1 In Afghanistan, 1 in Zimbabwe

I've had worse gigs

68Ws basically run the battalion aid station in garrison, that is, handing out bandages and motrin and referring soldiers to the physicians assistant at the hospital. They also go out on every field problem and are prepared to stabilize guys who get hurt during training. It's not bad but the only time you'll really feel like you're doing a great job is when on deployment and stabilizing a guy who just got shot while on patrol or tourniquetting a leg blow off by an IED.

Meant for

My first deployment we built up a COP from literally nothing sleeping in hastys and later tents. We were in a really shitty part of Afghan that took contact everyday. 68Ws are the infantrys best friend IMO. Fisters and 68Ws (the ones assigned to line units who actually patrol) kinda get fucked by getting CABs and not CIBs IMO, but tradition is tradition. You will do a lot of waking up early and dealing with people trying to sham PT in garrison tho.

>Major
Don't worry me sir, Corporal Jodie reporting. I'll take care of your wife real nice while you're away, don't you worry, you can always count on me to take care of her and ensure nobody takes advantage of her

Navy

First Sergeant

Electronic Warfare

Joined 21y/o

RSS Formidable

6 years served

Toured Gulf of Aden for 3 months, and many other international exercises with various countries in South China Sea.

It's so-so.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>FISTer
That was me for 12 years before switching to Warrant! Loved it!!!

Literally sit around because no one looks for carpenters anymore. Also couldn't care about my rank, I know guys who have sat at private for 6 years.

Do reservists count? Is conscription considered "real" enough?

19 is age joined, refer to OP's post.

Good to know the junior NCOs have my back, but unfortunately like everyone else who makes a carreer of the military, both my marriages have ended in divorce

Yeah, I just realized. Didn't read OP right

Staff sgt, currently reserve
Field intelligence
South Lebanon (2 months), Gaza, Gaza border (appx 2 years)
Forcefully drafted, had no say in choosing corps and job (wanted Border Patrol but they claimed my IQ was too high for that desu)

Don't worry sir, I'm taking real good care of them too, just like I take care of every grunt's wife

They can count on Jodie, as long as they got a ring on their finger and their man don't linger, I'll be there

Nanosuit operative. reporting.

Thank you for your responses!
That kind of medical assistance is exactly what I would hope to do in the military
What is the difference between a CAB and a CIB?

What can do right off the bat to ensure I'm put on the best track possible? Is it based solely off of test scores?

>wanted border police
>my IQ is too high

Those sentences are mutually exclusive.

Naval mechanic in Reactor. Was there for Fukashima. Served four years.

I just wanted to beat random arab civies with batons :(

>missing a ramp

>father was oberleutnand in german marine
>grandfather was helicopter pilot in the german marine
>great grandfather was Admiral in the german marine
>our familys history in the marine goes back to the napoleon era
>im the only male in my generation in my family, got 2 sisters and 9 female cousins
>apply to the german marine
>"user you are to tall, you can never join the marine"

i hate this life, i wanted to carry on my familys legacy so bad, and i cant because of stupid shit

>missing a carrier

>Military fags report
>Corps
Air Force

>Rank
TSgt

>Job/rate/position
Cyber Operations

>Age joined

>Stationed
Langley

>Years served

>Tours
1, Kandahar

>Do you like it?
Yes and no. Some days are good, other days I want to strangle my subordinates. At this point I'm in deep enough that it doesn't make sense not to stay in and retire at 20 years.

Pick a good command? Boot corpsmen usually don't know shit but like to act like they do. Going to a big hospital might basically make you blend in with the crowd and you'd have to suck a lot of dick (volunteer work, extra work) to get noticed or get good evals. Then just study a fucking lot if you want to pick up since our quotas are so low.

I'd recommend a clinic or a green command, but marines will eat you up if you don't know your shit so you better hope your HM3/2/1 can train you right.

Or just go to a weird place like Romania. There's weird orders out there if you ask for them. I'm trying for poland next time I'm up.

Combat Infantry Badge is the badge given to only infantrymen and special forces for direct combat with the enemy.

Combat Action Badge is the badge given to everyone else.

CABs are a joke, and are almost always blanketed because some POG convoy hit an IED a mile down the road or they took 1 round of incoming that didnt hit anywhere near anyone
>incoming hit the airfield! cabs for everybody!

CIBs, while I have seen people who didnt deserve them get them, are almost always actually earned through taking and receiving fire. In a country that has been at war for over a decade, if you sign up for Infantry and manage to shitbag your way around combat in the most combat heavy MOS, no one will respect you as a leader when you get promoted. I wouldnt say that to some people I know at work, but it is 100% true.

Forward Observers and line medics patrol with the infantry and generally have to shoot back just like an infantryman when shit hits the fan. It is an insult to their actions that they are given CABs like every other POG. If I had a CAB, I would be ashamed to wear it.

>not missing your wife
Don't worry bro, I was there

Considering going for the defense force, studying IT right now

How's that field doing?

>CIWS
aw yee

pogue faggot you deserve to be in a shithole like singleton

>kek
Yeah we are. We have Pride instead.

Dont give him shit, it s just a landing carrier.
they crane the planes to a takeoff carrier.

that s how the military consortium justifies needing so many carriers.

What's the best enlisted job/branch for a smart fuck? I'm talking 130+ iq

Thanks for the advice!
Oh. Thanks for clarifying, sounds unjust. At least there's still combat medic badges. How easy is it to get an airborne option as a 68W?

No problem. Corpsman is one of those jobs that's like Pandora's box. Never know how it will be. Plus, there's plenty of C-Schools to chose from as well. You could even join with a c-school already on your contract.

You can get it as an enlistment option.

If you dont get it upon initial entry, you can request it (which is possible but not very easy if you are in a leg unit.) or you will definately be sent there should you get orders to an Airborne unit. There is also always the option of reenlisting for an airborne duty station or simply for the school itself.

My first duty station was the 173rd ABCT out of Vicenza, Italy. Spent 3 years there and I went to Airborne school en route.

Best duty station and best unit in the army hands down. I would kill to go back there later on as a BC for 1-503 or 2-503. Literally would be a dream come true to serve there as a fucking nothing joe snuff E-1 and then come back all these years later to command a battalion.

Anything related to engineering and technology. Electronic warfare would be my pick, if I had to choose now.

It all depends on what you are interested in doing. The Air Force always has a high demand for Intel folks.

I c

Ty

>Curious what the highest rank who shitposts on Sup Forums is
Don't ask this, it will only open up a can of worms.

If you need an in for the intel community, Navy CTN's get the best deal certification wise. If you're autismo level you can even get in on red team operations.

I want to commission, but I smoked a lot of pot and dropped some acid in college. Can you bullshit around this without a problem or are you setting yourself up to get fucked? I figure I would steer clear of anything involving higher sec clearances of course.

Did you do the open ElSo application tests the Army posted last year? That was pretty cool.

>130+ IQ
>joins military

kek

I was pretty honest with the agency rep about all the dumb shit I did in college, and I still qualified for TS. Just don't lie to them, because they will find out.

I'm 26. Am I too old for army?

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it, and thanks for your service!
>173rd ABCT
I'll write that down asap. Thanks for the responses and your service!

Glad I found this thread!

I didn't even know there was such a thing. I haven't followed those sort of news much, only concentrated on my own job and tried to be an active reservist.

>Curious what the highest rank who shitposts on Sup Forums is. I know im above the average but there HAS to be more field grade officers here.

What a glorious time to be alive when November rolls around and the answer to that question is gonna be C-in-C.

>Corps
>Army

>Rank
>Lance Corporal

Nice try faggot

Alright real nigga talk I got a few questions.

I'm thinking of going rifleman or whatever fucking gender neutral name we have for it now, is their any chance of deployment?

Also will I still get to shitpost on Sup Forums after basic and/or play vidya with friends?

Why the fuck are you posting identifying information on the internet, you mongoloid fuckstick?

>pogue faggot you deserve to be in a shithole like singleton
isnt singleton where rifleman train as well?

Navy blows. Go chairforce. Better bases, more funding, easier job. Army is full of idiot and brokedicks. Never be a nuke. Don't make friends with nukes either.

>dying for the jews

no thanks

Bulshit. What are you 2.10m?

Did you aoply as sub?
Did you want to go officer?

More details. Fucking to big. Cant belive it.

RM or RP? I take it you're a conventional.

You're literally in Electronic warfare? Can you spam memes to the chink radars? Cool job man, I like the navy.

>army
>lance corporal
wut

>carpenter
its called vertical engineer

Oh wait, you're assie, nevermind.

i'm joining the coast guard, do i count?

shit hurts bro.

I don't think so, because your coastguard is not a military force or even LE. Important job nonetheless.

>Corps
Army

>Rank
Private

>Job/rate/position
Rifleman

>Age Joined

>Stationed
Antvorskov barracks

>Years served
Tours
None so far

>Do you like it
Beats sitting around doing nothing, which is what I did for a year before joining. Though I haven't seen any real combat yet. I'm in the best shape of my life though, so that's nice.

What's the average day like in the army? Wanted to join when I was younger but got into a trade and focused on that instead, want to do something different now and am considering the army again but have no idea what I'd be doing, someone fill me in?

You can always join a different branch. I come from a long Navy family too, but ended up in the Army. Your still be carrying on the tradition that way.

What are American soldiers good at other than being cheated on back at home? Killing themselves.

>Dying for israel

Don't get me wrong I would fight to protect my country but there hasn't been a single credible threat to the UK or dependent territories since 1982.

If you went to fight in either Gulf war, or off to Afghanistan, or to some irrelevant "peacekeeping" mission in Africa you are a cuck and if you had died you would have deserved it for being such an idiot

(OP)

Hey Singleton is close to where I am at the moment. Muswellbrook. This place is an absolute shithole. Congrats on doing something with your life instead of becoming a tweaker and ending in prison like most 19 year olds around here do.

After two tours you got any regrets?

He said in reactor so MMN something

Probably depends on where you serve and what you do.

Let's say rifleman, what does a rifleman do every day?