So I just finished watching this. I now see why it was canceled. It isn't funny

So I just finished watching this. I now see why it was canceled. It isn't funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Extreme_Presents:_World_Peace
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't really find it funny either but two things.
1) Most of Adult Swim's live action stuff has been trash and even less funny than this.
2) The ratings more than justified its existence.

It was blatantly canceled over its politics/pushback from the "talent". Plain and simple.

Most shit on adult swim isn't funny.

The show had excellent ratings though.

>show unironically gets cancelled because the creator pissed off a jew

muh martyrdom

>create a martyr by not letting an unfunny show lost steam on its own
>STOP WHINING ABOUT MARTYRDOM
Stupid.

comedy isn't what they were going for though
they were going for more angst and the fractious attitude of the white working male

did it though you pulling shit out of your ass?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Extreme_Presents:_World_Peace

It's almost like a demographic that never has media content made for them enjoyed media content made for them.

Which demographic is that specifically?

Only faggot-ass Trump supporters would watch World Peace.

The "alt-right"
Aka edgy people on the right whereas most Adult Swim shit appeals to the edgy left.

Only sketches that get a genuine laugh from me.
>The Wall Show (carfax line is gold)
>Hockey Wife
>How to Make Tap Water
>Miatas
>Erik hayden CEO

Everything else though caught your interest if it wasn't funny, which is a huge strength of it's own.

I can tell you that I most definitely not alt-right and am quite the opposite and I loved this shows visuals, music and humor wayy before all this politicized bullshit got involved.

those are decent for a new live action show but far from super popular for adult swim

here's some comparisons

It got better ratings than the new PowerPuff Girls (which hasn't been cancelled), for reference.

another

uhhhhh david duke? funny??? LOL

to be fair adult swim has kept around shows with worse ratings but has cancelled other shows with similar

The one with the teacher was the only one that really made me laugh but I don't normally watch Adult Swim since I accidentally watched an episode of Bob's Burgers and it almost made me kill myself so I'm probably not their target audience.

>let's let sandniggers rule the world
wow

all this thread proves is that none of you have built a strong enough patina to handle this show.

replace your teeth with teak wood

The fat fuck that made this monstrosity is living in his car now.

Pretty hilarious.

us short guys were supposed to stick together

and he works at cracker barrel. can't make this shit up.

>b-b-but muh patreon

The only funny thing about this show was SUPER BUSY. Everything else was trash.

What sets it apart from most of the other Adult Swim trash is the show's vocal fanbase consists of crybaby manchild martyrs.

BERNIE BABIES mostly

I put alt-right in quotes because it's such a nebulous actual grouping.
If you do consider yourself left leaning, congrats on being one of the few able to enjoy a show not necessarily made for you like most Adult Swim stuff is.
I'm being sincere when I say that.

What the fuck are you talking about?

rofl dum dum

Humor is subjective.

It just wasn't funny, Sam hyde always does this, "You just don't Like it cause it offends you"

No dude, it just isn't very good, do something else like Tim said, this is a bump in the road, not the end friend

Literally using his last bit of money to buy a Pacman arcade machine JUST

I thought it was pretty funny and my friends that I showed it to who know nothing about alt right culture found it funny as well.

Eric Andre's rating honestly aren't THAT much better and that's from season 4. Use the S1 ratings instead.
Again, this isn't season 1.
That said, I imagine the ratings are still noticeably better than MDE.
Also keep in mind that Rick & Morty is FAR more expensive to make. Eric Andre is a better comparison.
>comparing a freshman show to a 10 episode miniseries of an incredibly popular show revived after over a decade
user, it was dumb to even post this and you know it.

Last thing to keep in mind when it comes to ratings is timeslot. I think Eric Andre and MDE premiered at the same one, could be wrong.

the entire "fanbase" were a bunch of loud obnoxious lunatics and sam hyde is a fucking idiot. im not surprised it got cancelled

>unironically quoting meaningless platitudes from that huge fucking cuck
He's a piece of shit. You'd have to be incredibly naive to buy his act.
Sam shouldn't have gone full retard when he called in though but I can't blame him for being pissed.

TWO SCOOPS

Are you implying that what Tim said is wrong? Don't you wanna see more content from Sam ?

>implying other AS shows have never had obnoxious fanbases
C'mon now. If anything, networks like active/dedicated fanbases (as long as they're tuning in)

there is a short list of people Sup Forums knows by their first name alone

Mike
Jay
Tugboat
Sam

nothing you say can change this

Not when they are threatening other content creators with violence because his show was cancelled.

Ah great, it's the annual "world peace isnt funny thread". Be original for once OP and kys.

>implying I can't disagree with something someone says on the basis of its intention rather than its content
It's a hollow altruistic gesture.
If Tim had offered anything of actual fucking substance, maybe it'd have meant something. But the dude is clearly a two-faced prick.

>hurr they canceled it because a vocal minority of the fan base got violent after they canceled it
Idiot.

nah, mde fanbase were a bunch of t_d and pol posters who were bringing AS a lot of negative attention

WP fanboys are the absolute worst. I might be more interested in the show if they'd just shut their stupid fucking mouths.

No. Faggots who disagreed with the show's politics were bringing it a lot of unwanted attention because MUH DAVID DUKE JOKE, MUH ANTISEMITISM.

i made some of those points myself, all did was post original shows they are airing for comparison.

I didn't see you write anything I commented on, but I'm glad we're in relative agreement.

This.
Just saying "David Duke" riled up a shitload of people, the ones that see nazis on people like feminists see penises on trees although I believe that was their goal as well so who cares.

sorry, youre simply wrong. nobody knew anything about mdes fanbases politics until its fanbase disseminated the knowledge. once people caught on they were upset and then both sides went into pure shitflinging autistic rage mode and it got cancelled over it. but if mde fans hadnt been holding world peace up as a "win" for their shitty politics none of that would have happened because as a show world peace wasnt offensive at all

spot on

blame both sides. libs got mad at the david duke line, while pol had 50 threads on how it validated them

t. Someone who didn't see the barrage of articles written by faggots who were triggered by the show.

People like you are the reason the show was cancelled

No one should be responsible for their fans desu senpai, even if they are nazis

yeah but that didnt happen because people didnt like mde, nobody even knew who were. people only associated alt right shit with mde because of how vocal their fanbase was. if they hadnt been such loudmouthed retards nobody would have gotten offended because there would be no reason to think theres anything particularly offensive about world peace

What? Are you stupid?

This

eh, sam did a lot to ingratiate himself with his own fanbase. he never distanced himself from any of their shit, in fact he actively participated in and encouraged it. i agree with you in principle, but he was so interlinked with them and the show was getting so much attention that AS simply didnt want to deal with

Yes user, because I clearly participated in this fan base "violence" because I think Tim is a scumbag.
I refer you to where I called you an idiot.

>show is allowed to have vocal SJW and fedora fanbase
>show is not allowed to have vocal alt-right fanbase
>but user, how could you ever think this was about politics???

This is a good explanation but pinning all the blame on the MDE fanbase is wrong. The articles started coming in and one of the journalists himself said he would make it his life's mission to get the show off the air, of course MDE fans would react the way they did.

Just because you hate Sup Forums users enjoying something doesn't mean whatever it is shouldn't exist.

It was shit anyways, I'm glad it's cancelled.

>fucking implying that networks give a shit about a Sup Forums message board being spammed with threads about their show
>implying that they don't care more about faggoty news outlets which normies actually read
False equivalence: The Post
>b-b-but muh Sup Forums boogeyman

Who knows what happened behind the scenes but it's worrisome that some people with power let some media hit pieces probably made by angry manlets influence them to the point they fire people and everyone should shit on them when they do

>new PowerPuff Girls
Because that's on Cartoon Network? Same for Teen Titans Go!

>who cares if people enjoyed something and it was canceled because over politics because one side has a stranglehold on mainstream media, I, the television genius, thought it sucked LOL
kys

I agree, just don't try to justify it with your shitty arguments

ITT: retards who don't understand that TV isn't charity and muh ratings don't matter if the show isn't marketable to the advertisers

World Peace was the best TV show I've seen in about a decade.

>when right wingers cry about capitalism
It's about money moron.

This. Used to be soccer moms and fundies peddling shit, but they lost the majority of their influence decades ago. Now SJWs have taken up the mantle of moral policing and people actually listen to them and it's harder to fight because they're on the same side as the majority of people in the media.
Also, it was a combination and bad press and pressure from within the network by faggots who were triggered, I guarantee you.

>there's no money on the alt-right strawman market

but I thought they elected Trump

>correcting your bullshit is crying
Okay buddy.

>your bullshit
posters from /r/the_donald still new to the concept of anonymous imageboards I see

Those are pennies compared to what these brands spend on ads.

This.
Advertisers are just giant pussies who'd rather stick with money they already have and are afraid of crossing hairpin trigger fags who currently wield influence.

Go ahead and create an advertisement agency that caters to the underage basement dweller demographic. Make sure to report on how successful it is.

Jesus no wonder he's so giddy all of a sudden, he gets to make almost 40k a month shitting on marxists

So? Do you think the pothead retard audience that watches AS is full of millionaires?

>he doesn't know that "you" can be used to refer to a collective
>have no actual argument
>better say he's from Leddit!
derp

>psychologist
Not even a proven science.

Millionaires aren't targeted with TV ads, can you put on a trip so I can ignore your mental retardation more easily?

Suppose right wingers are going to have to make a show that's undeniably great as opposed to something mediocre. Life ain't fair, sometimes you gotta work harder than someone else to succeed.

>a collective
The collective of people calling you a dumb redditor?

No, but they know retards part with their money easier.
>"there's money in advertising to viewers of content that isn't politically correct and businesses are pussies who are too afraid to cross insane faggots who will start shit if they do"
>interpret that as advocacy for solely advertising to a specific demographic, whilst simultaneously strawmanning said demographic
Retard.

Pothead loser detected.
Sorry for talking shit about your magic herb, genius.

>twisting words to win an argument because you have no actual argument
Sure showed me. :^)

"Tim and Eric" and the "Andre Show" both suck. The only reason why they're on air is because of political views.

I don't have to twist any words tard, I've already btfo'd you with my arguments which you've ignored.

People like Alex Jones make a shitload of money and have crazy internet msm level hits for catering to that audience because they are starved for content, getting money from them is way easier than anyone else right now in that setting. Sorry but the economics argument just doesn't add up here, the truth is that they did it out of principle and that is hilarious, they have become the faux outrage moms they made fun of in the 90s.

Normally would have asked where you've got this idea from but I'd rather not have any more insight into your mentally challenged brain.

user, have you seen the shit that gets the highest ratings in our country?
It isn't a quality game.
And I agree with you that it was mediocre, but I can respect it for being something different.
>implying most Adult Swim original shows aren't mediocre or downright terrible
>once again implying that politics had nothing to do with it

*objective