Would It Fly?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262
youtube.com/watch?v=cIFCQuiZM6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty unstable, but probably yes

he didn't fly so well

Depends how heavy it is.

Aerospace student here. It's definitely plausible, but it's not an ideal design. I can't believe the way the wings jut up on either side of the cockpit would be good for the drag profile.

It looks like it would have some pitch control issues.

Don't lie.

Flying Wing, homie

Not without a computer to control 90% of the plane

No lies, bitchhhh

No, there are no elevator/horizontal stabilizers. The main wings don't look like the have enough planform area either.

Well you better start fucking studying because that plane would crash and burn like all other early delta-designs

Why do you think that is?

Wrong

see
I also assume you still haven't done actual moment equations for balancing forces along the body, otherwise you would be able to tell that thing would break off its engine/rudders.

Read up. It had so many technical problems that it never got past the development phase. It wasn't until computers came along that flying wings actually became practical (b-2)

When powered by Vrill energy, yes.

>questioning the kraut magic

I did, they originally 200 of them. The problem was not a lack of computers

Totally, it's least out there than the Hortens designs.

Aircraft weren't the Nazis strong suit.

What was their endgame?

What?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262

they made the first jet powered aircraft dipshit

You're kidding right?

BTFO

Mass murder was.

I am so goddamn triggered right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=cIFCQuiZM6Y

jut up? you mean the dihedral? What kind of aeronautical engineer talks like that?

The only reason America got to space was due to a fuck ton of nazis in NASA. Jesus Christ you people are stupid.

it didn't get past development phase because it was shit idiot redditer

Uhhhh bruh thats a flying wing not a delta wing

>they originally 200 of them.

that means nothing

Where the fuck would that massive landing gear go?

Also no, it wouldn't fly, at least not until they replaced that one propeller.

Literally why

probably some night fighter thing. They were heavily into RDF targeting of british lancaster bombers. RDF relied on short wave radio antennas not obscured by propellers and shit. The me 410 night fighter was an example of this.

It would probably crash with a low amount of survivors

Possibly even no survivors

the design I think was predicated on the idea of the pilot slowly circling an area for observation in a nice slow right turn, and the crew compartment being isloated from the engine might have made it have less vibration / noise for radioing in targets or taking pictures.

this is a rocket powered 'flying wing' fighter that did successfully shoot down american bombers

Whats with the baby propeller?

probably just a simple speed indicator

its a turbine to drive a generator to provide electricity, because its a rocket plane there is no engine to derive electricity

>crash and burn like all other early delta-designs

???

This right here is what a generation raised on the history channel unironically believes

>about 2500 german engineers and scientist were brought to the us after the war
>most were repatriated before 1960
>the ussr took nearly 10000
>the could never leave

do you think everyone has english as their mother language?

That Komet was the biggest piece of shit the nazis ever produced. The best anti-bomber plane was the ME262 with 4 30mm cannons in its nose. That's a devastating payload even compared to the p-38. No convergence, just sheer death. Hitler kept directing the Jumo engines into blitz bombers like an idiot.

jut is english, shithead. He was just not schooled.

not a piece of shit by any standards, it was absolutely untouchable by any fighter, even a modern jet fighter would have a very hard time shooting one down

it was dangerous to fly because of the volatile fuel, but other than that it did its job well

none of you people know a thing about ww2 air warfare, do you? This is so fucking boring.

It did nothing in the war. Did it even shoot down one bomber? It was a one and done aircraft. A giant piece of shit and everyone agrees on that point.

That is literally my name.

Too bad you'll never find me, faggot.

>mfw i have the same name as a famous Nazi fighter pilot

During this time, there were nine confirmed kills with 14 Me 163s lost.

Great plane. Should have made these instead of the FW190s.

>jut not schooled

Do you know anything about the Ta-152? The TA-152 was probably the best piston driven aircraft in existence. Focke-Wulf Ta 152

You're a dickhead

>a modern jet fighter would have a very hard time shooting one down
you just went full retard

>Aerospace student here.
>I can't believe the way the wings jut up on either side of the cockpit would be good for the drag profile.

The future of science and technology said this.
Apps, that's where we'll be in 50 years. More apps

All day every day

listen to the kind of cunt you've become. why?

Not one of you has talked about Kurt Tank. None of you know planes at all, right?

Dude, Germany was WINNING WWII in most fronts for a long damn time. They had better planes, tanks, codes, food, guns and about the only thing germany was bad at was making enough of their best stuff. They made too many things that were on par with allies and not enough that surpassed.

Fuck, had Germany not declared war on the US, all of britain and a lot of russia would be german now.

The Ta-152 had extended wing tips to make it a high altitude fighter. If you want a really purpose built high altitude fighter that would be the Bv-155

Werner Von Brawn's and his team of german engineers designed the Saturn rocket that sent the first man to the moon

War emergency power is when you dump water and ethanol into your cylinders. when you employed WEP in a TA 152 you'd nearly tear off the wings. This is compared to a Mustang.

>Dude, Germany was WINNING WWII in most fronts for a long damn time

When their surprise blitz stopped, they stopped winning. They ran across europe without telling anyone. When they were counterattacked, they got their shit pushed in

Will it blend?

Maybe because he's not talking to a group of other engineers?

Being on multiple fronts fucked them. If they won Britain as quickly as they won France and only had a war with russia, they'd have beaten russia.

They lost the Battle of Britain before Barbarrossa even started. They sucked against western power in general and Hitler's ideas fucked them profoundly.

>le that one that could have resulted in Germany winning meme
Stop.

there's that and the fact that werner heisenberg didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing. Germany would either have lost outright or got nuked. They were lucky they sucked outright.

>burgers aren't the USA's strong suit

You're such a big stupid retard. I bet you left the thread and removed it from your watch queue long ago but in case you haven't I want you to see this post.

dogshit people are never embarrassed. they just keep eating dogshit in front of everyone. its the new world you live in.

rockets =/= aircraft

That's right aeronautical engineering has nothing to do with rockets. Do you really exist?

and an American invented liquid fueled rockets

>supersonic fighter running on a coal-dust snorting ramjet, with a plywood frame infused with bakelite
the Jerry scientists were on some strong shit

I was eating and almost choked laughing, thank you for that you magnificient bastard.
That said coal dust is extremely flammable, that's why coal carrying ships have their holds ventilated to prevent spontaneous combustion and explosions.

>what's the Stuka
>what's the 109
>what's the 190
>what's the 262

Nazis designed some weird shit in late '44 early 45 that did fly, just with a red star and or a white star.

Say what nigga most of western aviation and rocketry is direct descendants of nazi tech.

The thing was revolutionary but it's 5 min fuel load combined with the fact that when fully fueled the wings would come off when trying to do spicy footwork made it not all that great

Depends at what speed and altitute SL Speed of sound is higher than at 41k ft where the Ta was supposed to go.

Are there eject seats? Would you expect someone in the wreckage?

He's a moron but the stuka was always shit