New Thing thread. Bros, what are your crazy ideas for a sequel of The Thing?

New Thing thread. Bros, what are your crazy ideas for a sequel of The Thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

coronacomingattractions.com/news/exclusive-look-return-thing-screenplay
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The thing but it's in a submarine

I know there's a movie about this, I saw it once

The thing but it's in a spacecraft

There's a shit load of submarine movies so that could be hard to find.

Set a couple of months later. In New York or L.A. The Thing has taken hold of all the hospitals, surgeons, dentists and health system in general. People have not realised it yet cause The Thing makes it insidious and has learned to be less savage and obvious. The Thing actually starts to like Earth and wants to stay here.
The Thing also takes hold of all the homeless. So all the homeless people look silent and actually "ok" with their life, seem to drink less. Which makes the social helpers their direct victims as well.
A small group of people start to realise hospitals got weird and cold, people change and come out completely different. Some of them start to see transformations in hospitals and their group are looking for other healthy ways to treat themselves. They go to the police, but the police gets fucked as soon as they enter hospitals so there is no solution.
They try the army, same thing. (kek)
They start to get paranoid and become homeless. But the homeless people start to infect some.
They're on the run. But to nowhere.

The thing but this time the monster doesn't consume the black people.

The thing but it's in a collapsed mine.

It could be in an area like a small Midwestern town that's been quarantined.

The thing but no one ever splits up after finding out about the thing

Seriously?

If time isn't a issue it could set during when they burned people for being witchs but instead of that it's the Thing

The thing but they're stuck in the forest with the Blair Witch

well except it wouldn't work and they'd realise it doesn't kill them.

The thing but it's at camp Crystal Lake.

A thing-witch would be interesting

Fire works no? I know touching would be bad. Or am I misunderstanding you

The thing but it's on a boat. Also it infects like a shark and stuff.

The thing but it's set in WW2 POW camp. Also the prisoners and guards team up.

The thing but it's in one of those spooky long hedge mazes

The thing but it's in Predator land

Fire doesn't kill them. It makes them dormant.

Sharknado-Thing

Leviathan was the Thing in that underwater base. It had Peter Weller and Marv from home alone.
It wasn't great, but the body horror was spot on

That's a whoopsie on my end then.

The Thing but in The Shining

Prison Break/Schindler's list- Thing

The thing but it's Adam Sandler and friends.

Yeah Leviathan was enjoyable. The end was ridiculous though.

The thing prequel before the other terrible prequel but it's on the spaceship and it's two hours of the original alien pilots basically having the same plot from the 1982 movie unfold on them and it's in alien language with subtitles only.

Is this the submarine. Also thanks for sharing bud. The world needs more body horror

coronacomingattractions.com/news/exclusive-look-return-thing-screenplay
Leviathan

Dude, where's my Thing

That's more of Body Snatchers concept really. Sounds good though.

wew lad...edgy arty film. In b&w too?

This is the End, but Seth Rogen starts off as the thing.
aka This is The Thing

Just to clarify what is the infection vector? Physical contact, blood, airborne?

I guess you're right. The idea that The thing would become less savage is maybe not too believable.
Thanks anyway.

Physical contact and blood can be.

Bet you actually watch SNL and netflix too fag

A hobo based Thing could be good. Maybe in a sewer or a crack den. And hard drugs would give the Thing a big advantage or maybe fuck the Thing up.

I wouldn't want it to be like Street Trash- the Thing version. The homeless part of it would be just one element.

The Thing but it's set in The Deliverance.

SNL? Not anymore. Netflix, i do. But i watch Bergman, Tarkovski, Sharunas Bartas too, smartass.

I know, it's just a element that could be expanded upon on it's own too.

A film like the thing makes sense only in poles.
Because if the alien comes in contact with a big biomass and starts assimilating the game is over.
The only other place for a thing movie is possible a desert.
Idk maybe the American army takes the thing in Nevada to study it.

The "Squeel, pig" sequence could be quite horrific actually.

The thing but it's in set in a insane asylum. On a island too

Yeah it needs to be a small contained area. Can't be another research station, maybe a boat?

The Thing in da hood.

The Thing has arrived in the hood where it swiftly takes over the body of a bright young man, called DeShawn. Acting as Deshawn the Thing will soon learn how living in the hood is a worthwhile struggle every day. Watch The Thing find love, take care of DeShawn's family and pursue a rap career in The Thing: In Da Hood. Starring Martin Lawrence, Leslie Jones, Shanaynay Lequisha, John Boyega and Rob Schneider. Rated PG13.

Would the Thing be the rapist or the rapee? And they would combine mid coitus?

Yes. A sort of saga with sequels of The Thing in different settings could be extra fun.

lmao 'look at all the intellectual movies I watch, Sup Forums said they were what the big kids watch'

>the thing but it's set in x
You're all boring fuckers. You don't have an original thought between you

The Thing but it's also the Human Centipede.

I see what you mean. A thing movie in the desert with the army though? Could be pretty boring and too action oriented.

That's kind of required by the genre

It would be more devious if it was the rapee that would suddenly "open up" mid coitus...urgh i can see it.

The Thing but no one can come up with a original thought.

It's a nigga-thing ;)
Don't forget Ice Cube, saying "That bitch thang is gonna get get!"

Like a hotdog down a fleshy toothy hall way.

Just watched it again for the first time in 10+ years.

How exactly does infection spread? They mention it possible on a cellular level so to eat out of cans, but when we see it infecting the dogs and Bennings and Windows it has to pull them in and thrash about with them for a while.

Copper was still human after having his arms ripped off and Clark was still human after being locked all over by the dog.

Also how did Fuchs die exactly? Did he stumble upon Palmer/Norris Thing heading to set up Mac?

shutup, you brought SNL in a Thing thread. You're the low level ass punk

The Thing but it's at a Furry convention

"Hmm god your hole is all wet....HUH? OHH SSHIIIIIT!

bet you didn't even read 'Things' or the original

I read the book and saw the original movie

I think physical contact, not airborne and it's clear to me that the infection is not immediate. The doctor was clearly at an intermediate stage of infection at one point hence being able to know the things intentions while not being fully infected.

>Copper was still human after having his arms ripped off

No he wasnt

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

'I did thing'

you're missing the point.

I think that's just a line from Teeth

Intermediate infection? How so?
I always thought he could have got infected by that pencil he put on his lip during examination.

I'm pretty sure Blair wasn't infected at all when he was going on his rampage.

The Thing but it's in a Amish colony.

As in the infection takes time. His rant was intermediate stage with him being able to read the things thoughts because it hadn't fully taken over.

>I am being Childs

Disregarded.

>tha thang

Nah i don't see how. Bennings infection doesn't take that long.

The Thing but it's in a Egyptian tomb

The Thing but it's on Noah's Ark

The thing finds an ancient egyptian system to fly or contact some other planet. Illuminati-thing

brainlet detected

or nigger lover

You know this is fanfiction, right? Besides, there's no way that Childs was infected so early on.

Antarctic Thing dogs mate with penguins and polar bears. American and other worldly zoos capture the sudden over population of Antarctic animals. Things rule our world. I myself, am probably a Thing right now. If so, Im glad, I cant cum for shit and it usually comes out yellow in color.

The Thing Thang Wang Tang

yellow? Man, you're infected. Gotta burn yourself right naow.

How about it's a prequel where they show what happened to the Norwegian station with practical effects and all, only for those to be replaced with CGI at the last moment because film studios be idiots.

whispering Thang Thing

K I LL M EEEEEEE

Yellow Cum is sure sign of being the Thing. That was the orginal scene instead of the whole blood bit. It was taken out on account of being super gay

Man...don't tell me, my tears will flow. I wish this would get redone and well.

What if he enjoyed cumming this way? Is he infected if he has pleasure? Or is he just a faggot?

The Thing Thang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Was this any good? Or did it bomb?

You guys are scaring me, I was just fucking around! I want to have kids that take all my money! I want a wife that hates my horrible beef stew farts!

Doc only put the pencil in his mouth
Bennings was getting full on assimilated/body raped
I think contact exposure can effect the time it takes, it doesn't just assimilate all at once

>early

it's a flashback

the short story is the most coherent explanation and most interesting expansion on the thing you'll ever get

Did you hear anything from it? Me neither. Should be a sign by itself.

Being a faggot is near indistinguishable from being the Thing so it's hard to say.