Homestuck

There is nothing more stupid than giving money to a kickstarter

You assume all of the risk with none of the benefit

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MyVyCQWx
youtube.com/watch?v=pmUQOGtV71Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TmesXO7eAcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was 2012, Kickstarter was young, and impressionable teens didn't know any better.

Or you can just be not retarded.

I've given money to Pillars of Eternity, Shovel Knight and Hyper Light Drifter, and so far my biggest dissapointment was PoE just being pretty good. Homestuck was always a poor choice if you knew anything about game development.

This.

I gave to the Undertale Kickstarter because I wanted the game. Toby gave me a working demo that delivered on the gameplay so I threw him ten bucks(getting a copy of Undertale in the process)

Then again, his Kickstarter goal was only like 50k, so there really wasn't that much risk with it to begin with

Why the hell did hussie do that many hiatuses for "working on hiveswap" when he isn't even writing it?

except it prob wouldve been pretty good if TOG didnt fuck him over and did their damn job

Writing design docs I assume.

If you gave money to a kickstarter with no models, no test build of the game, no screenshots, or no demo video, you deserve to get scammed.

There are plenty of legitimate kickstarters, and plenty of scam ones. The scams are incredibly easy to spot if you're not retarded.

lmao i dont give a single shit about the money i gave. hussie already repaid me in entertainment value and also im not poor so who gives a fuck

it would've been hard to predict the decline that happened afterwards however

you don't sound very confident

that's the regular who thinks Act 7 was a good ending
he can't be reasoned with

>lmao i dont give a single shit about the money i gave. hussie already repaid me in entertainment value and also im not poor so who gives a fuck

shut up ipgd

15 FPS

The success of Toby "Don't Call Me Radiation" Fox is the closest thing Hussie will have to a legacy

characters in homestuck that deserve a happy ending:

no one, they were all forced into their specific configuration of moral decisions by paradox space

no, thats me. i quit reading serially during the troll arc ages ago, i wasnt even about when the kickstarter happened

Why doesn't he want to be FwugRadiation anymore? I especially liked the Fwug part because it sounded like a garbled fug.

Jade

well if you're you then I guess that means that is ipgd

I don't think he's said

I guess it's because he's finally starting to realize that he can be successful under his own terms and can dissociate himself from other people's projects

Did people donate to the kickstarter because they cared about the game? I thought it was to get scalemates and tarot cards.

I never donated but I wanted that game bro shirt

Toby was credited as Radiation on the Collide albulm tbf

im enjoying the irony that someone is asserting that irrational person who doesnt use capitals must be me given how many times ive been Caught as ipgd since act 7 came out for the same reason

just being irrational doesn't cut it though
you have to be irrational + a sycophant to be ipgd

andrews great his dick is huge and normally colored

calling hussie "andrew" is a great ipgd-like trait too

I'm seriously trying to think of how an eggplant dick would look like and in all honestly it sounds pretty disgusting

being called a sycophant makes me roll my eyes given how much ive posted about how fucking pitiful a6a6i5 was, and act 6 in general. but thats how anonymity works and fuck the idea of using a name

People dont use the same nickname they used as kids/teenagers, its natural.

does fwug mean anything?

Man, hst is fucking dead

Freeware Underground, an old Earthbound modding site or something.

AHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKED UP

Problem Sleuth fan that wasn't into Homestuck at first and has been waiting for it to end since it started.

Is it finally over?
Is Hussie going to maybe start working on something new that might not be as boring or about kids? Literally everything else he did was amazing, but I just can't fucking get into homestuck, I can't believe how long I've been waiting for him to do something new with MSPA, holy fucking shit its been too long.

we could always talk about fantrolls

Skipped ahead? From where?

pastebin.com/MyVyCQWx

Reposting from last thread

MSPA is fucking dead mate

RIP

It's weird, sometimes threads blow the fuck up and other times they just wither like this. I don't think it has to do with the time, though.

Did someone say fantrolls?

It wasn't a scam on Hussie's part though, he had every intention of delivering on his promises but the Odd Gentlemen screwed him out of the money.

Is that the actual design of the main troll character? That's fucking gay as hell and screams Fantroll with how complicated the horns are. He looks like a retarded hipster deer. At least the human looks simple and cute

All the characters that were killed off early because they weren't in the story long enough to become festering piles of shit.
And Roxy because Roxy is cute.

Andrew's piss-poor decision making skills in action still.

mspa is done, hiveswap has potential but theres no guarantee of it being good at all. and its about homestuckish stuff. so you should probably give up on hussie doing anything else you like

>posts canon

;^)

it's troll dave with antlers, it's a dumb fucking design

No, man, Homestuck isn't even his magnum opus. He said as much.

Troll Dave with Kanaya's hair and a stupid hoodie

What was that, 2010?

Remove Gamzee. Problem solved.

Shit did I miss the new selfie pic from loki?

whatever he does next its a long way off. he probably has enough of a portfolio and fanbase now to get a chance to run something much bigger. but who knows when or what that would be. or whether it will be good.

He'll never not be The Homestuck Guy, though. Even after finishing the comic, he's working on a game about it and has Homestuck 2.0

How will he ever truly escape his creation if he keeps feeding the beast?

he just has to make something bigger. its possible. he has the ability, but he also has the ability to make total shit. who knows

Yo, gimme some lewd fics stat!

Ok

What characters and activities do you like?

He barely had the ability to end his own comic, and displayed more lack of ability in managing to make a simple point and click game. He needs to face facts that he's just a writer and idea guy.

>Homestuck isn't even his magnum opus.
The best work he has ever done is obviously Problem Sleuth, PS is fucking amazing

>MSPA is fucking dea

I'll always remember you, Hussie.
youtube.com/watch?v=pmUQOGtV71Y

>mspa is done
>wait for what feels like 6 years
>he isn't doing anything after Homestuck
Well fuck me
thats a real kick in the dick. I've literally been waiting this whole time for him to wrap this shit up and move on to something with a cool theme like his older work

One day John was just hanging out talking to Terezi and Vriska, when Roxy snuck up to them and picked him up, staring at the troll girls expressionlessly the entire time. She hoisted the boy above her head, all conversation stopped - except John's, which was nothing but a long string of objections. Roxy then backed away with her prize, fading into the shadows with her roguish voidey powers. Neither of the trolls said a word for a solid minute.

Your mom gave my nuts a tongue bath so long they got all wrinkly and pruney

o w8, you said fiction, my bad B^)

We'll, he might; but he'll probably spend the next few years on the game and after that he'll probably just fuck off into the sun like a big piece of garbage

but he is a really really good comedy writer and idea guy. maybe he'll end up on another project where he can make use of that but also have some kind of fucking editor. we can hope

The best thing he ever made was And It Don't Stop

>Not Inappropriate Time For Ham

Do we really want Modern Hussie to make a new MSPA?

He's been over-taken by "meta"

He'll introduce the MC and immediately make shipping jokes and then turn him gay and then kill him off and directly address the audience about the narrative implications of killing off a main character and then revive the main character and then introduce Calliopeborn, a character that represents the Homestuck Fanbase wanting his new project to be Homestuck, and he'll have Homestuck references "ironically", all of which poke out the absurdity of expecting Homestuck references in a comic that's not Homestuck

>And It Don't Stop
That was good, but it wasn't PS levels of "holy shit what a ride, I would re-read this all right now if it wasn't 50,000 pages long" amazing

And it don't stop really was pretty rad though, its too bad he didn't expand on it that much.
His team special olympics comics always get a laugh out of me too

>Team Special Olympics
Aw shit, is it that time again?

No it isn't, all of Hussie's attempts at traditional comics range from mediocre to bad, you're just a plain old hipster in the perfect sense of the word.

I can barely hear you over the sound of huge dicks slapping your tender mouth

He's right though, his traditional comics just don't compare to his webcomics/MSPA work.

Hell yeah motherfucker

How did Hussie get such a smokin hot girlfriend?

I'd read it.

I wouldn't call her smokin hot. She's alright but she wouldn't turn my head or anything.

That sounds so painfully cancerous and probable I want you to stop right now

shes ok looking and she knows memes, shes 4chans dream girl

memes are not actually dealmaker for me

youtube.com/watch?v=TmesXO7eAcg
:(

Isn't that his old girlfriend though? Did she know memes?

I thinks she's pretty. I guess that must just be my type.

>implying
I just want a female john.

yes
she knows tumblr memes and homestuck memes

Eridan and Caliborn. That's it.

These are too *sarcastically* unfunny, it's hard to really appreciate them when you've been on the Heathcliff side of the fence.

andrew would never touch a girl who didnt know memes

Well you're in luck because Joey is not female John, she's actually female Caliborn. The end of Hiveswap is committing genocide and causing the downfall of the Troll race