What's better, detached homes, individual freedom,cars and roads or (((public transport))) and (((apartments)))?

What's better, detached homes, individual freedom,cars and roads or (((public transport))) and (((apartments)))?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_most_households_without_a_car
liveleak.com/view?i=737_1343775329
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetcar_suburb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you live in a city, public transportation is preferable.

If you live in the country, it's better to have a car.

Simple as that.

In America, and as I assume Germany, too, it is necessary to have a car.
If you don't, you'll be walking for most of the day to get anywhere at all. At that point, you'd be better using your horse which many people do.

Cars all the way. The suburban sprawl seen in US and Australian cities are GOAT for quality of life despite what retarded treehuggers say.

I'm seriously considering moving from London to a medium sized city where I can commute by car. Driving is borderline illegal in this shithole.

you expect homes with huge front and backyards to exist in cities? also owning a car is a nightmare in a city with parking and its faster to just walk to a place then drive.

>not having public transport and cars & roads

You really don't need a car at all in any bigger city in Germany.

Well if you're cucked to the point of having to drive 45 minutes to work, you're already lost and your opinion doesn't matter.

our cities are large hans

We've only got one where public transit is viable, and then really only if you're near manhattan.

public transport is for homeless

If you live in the city and you are single you don't really need one here. Kinda depends on the quality of your local public transport though, which can vary.

Good luck getting laid without a car

german actually somewhat correct about something for once

No, it's not necessary to have a car here at all.

i never understood why people would live 45 mins to 1hour away from work. its a total grind on your body for 5 days a week and you waste 2 hours per day driving.

I like DB in particular because their maps are always easy to read and find.

>tfw live 45 minutes away
B-but my 25 acres of land.
B-but my rural country!
At least I can legally shoot my guns on my land whenever I want.

well our public transit infrastructure sucks asss outside the NYC/North Jersey area. when we hit peak oil thats gonna bite our ass and destroy this nation.

There are cucks who actually claim you can date while not owning a car. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

>In America, and as I assume Germany, too, it is necessary to have a car.

Not in Germany. Most cities have excellent public transports and you can always rent a car or get a taxi when you need one.

I'd say it's the same in most of Europe. You only need a car if you live in the country or in the most isolated residential suburbs.

Owning a car when you don't need one is expensive and driving one around is a hassle when you can't find place to park it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_most_households_without_a_car

NYC ain't some virgin place I can tell you that.

>why doesn't everybody just live where everybody wants to live?

>tfw too poor to own a car

public buses are full of immigrants and homeless ppl though

Europeans love public transport because it means small, young, pretty white girls have to be packed up next to all the nigger immigrants they have imported on the trains. It is only fair that new Muslim immigrants have ripe pickings, isn't it m8?

Do you know that most girls in big French cities get harassed every day by shitskins that you guys worship?

Not everyone is a basement dwelling NEET who doesn't have a girlfriend so some people need to take into account the needs of their significant other when choosing where to live.

go ahead but i sure as fuck would hate wasting 2 hours of my life on the highway. also you are gonna get fat as sin if you use your car constantly which is a result of suburban life.

>your wife NEEDS to live in the suburbs away from her job too
Not only are you pussy whipped but you are a stupid pussy whipped SOB.

This one time I was in a transport (for humans)
I think it is primitive both methods you are utilizing
Why have you not at least started to use transports which are controlled by computers & do everything based on computational outcomes?
Why are both methods still manually controlled by the humans?
Also why do you not yet have direct site to site public portals?
You have not yet discovered the method or is it just too expensive because this planet lacks an abundance of the natural materials needed for the mass creation of the portals?

If you have a finite supply of something, say, living space near major business centers where many jobs are found. And you have a a high demand for it. What happens to the price of it?

You must be 18 years of age to use this website.

Cars, detached cities. Fuck urban hubs, I love living in a rural area, I can shoot guns in my backyard and drink beer on the porch.

Cars and unlicensing taxi is better for society.
Public transport is better for elites, because car is a dangerous object, that can kill some of elites.

I live in a suburb 12 miles from my state capital, on a good day I can make the drive in 20 minutes. On a bad day it can take an hour, but, that is more because we have liberal leaders who care more about payouts to leeches than wanting to improve infrastructure.

Living in the suburbs is top tier, get fucked commies.

Why won't private enterprises take it up on themselves to fill in the, you know, empty spaces in between the cities or whatever with commute? Surely there is some profit in that.

fpbp
this applies to me

Define "better".
detached homes, individual freedom, cars and roads have better consumer qualities but cost more. Better depends on the thickness of your wallet.

>empty spaces

>Getting pegged by a black female trans while a bald jew looks at you
>Loosing virginity
Pick one

Russia nails it.

>empty spaces
pic related

I just assumed the reason public transport is so sparse as you described is because the United States is so big

I know people who committed 6 hours per day by public transit. Beggars can't be choosers.

fAG

>Europeans love public transport because it means small, young, pretty white girls ...

Stop projecting your degenerate interracial fantasies, cunt.

You have no idea how expensive and inconvenient owning a car can get in a European city is. Owning one only makes sense if you commute from one suburb to another.

Cars
So much more comfortable and you can yell at idiots without them hearing.

It's true though. I've read so many accounts of the way young white girls are treated by your very large nonwhite population in France. But nobody really cares. You are the most degenerate and decadent society in the world.

Shitskins love the concept of public transport, they love that young girls are forced to stand next to them so they can rub their dicks on them, harass them and perve on them. France is a public transport oriented society because it a cucked society.

Meanwhile, in my area, there is no public transport, the standard lot is 1 acre, and all young girls drive when they need to go somewhere, like to the local 100% white shopping area.

Just look at that all taht space with shitty one floor homes
Get rid of zoning laws
Home price get down by 70%
Poverty reduced to zero
New homes for creating families
Birthrates double

>No, it's not necessary to have a car here at all.

For all its faults, between the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, Straßenbahn and the buses, Berlin has amazing public transports.

>I've read so many accounts of the way young white girls are treated by your very large nonwhite

French themed Chikan stories, is that what you are jerking off to ? I guess it must be true if you read it on the internet.

If you increase population density you need to expand road network or it will collapse under increased loads.

Public transport. If you're ever without a car in a car dependent place you're FUCKED. Residential "suburbs" in the US are depressing and unlivable, they're basically nests to go to sleep in, there's no life in them, no stores, nothing.

LA metro is 13 million people in 12.5k square km
Istanbul is 14 mil people in 1.5k square km

People don't choose to live on top of eachother like roaches when given the opportunity.

Your denial of the state of your society is really sad.

Don't you feel sorry for the poor young French girls getting harassed, leered at, shouted at, etc every day by your massive nonwhite and Muslim population?

liveleak.com/view?i=737_1343775329

Public transportation is good, assuming they always arrive on time.

This.
>Pay for gas
>Pay for maitenance
>Pay for yearly revisions
>Pay vehicle taxes
>Pay for access to jewish roads
>Pay for insurance
>Get unjustly fined because a cop needs to fill his quota
>Get your salary frozen because nobody warned you of the previously mentioned fine and now you have to pay it with interests while they leave your bank account frozen for a week minimum.
>Get ripped off and scammed on all of the above

Women are cunts, they chose this life, no sorry for them.

That's the wrong look at it.
You're looking at it as in women get what they deserve.
You have to look at it as fucking sub-humans getting away with their bullshit.

Public transport is a lot more efficient if the network is good enough

LOL no look at any road or street in Europe is half that lenght and we do just fine

All of this and the DUI laws. If they catch you driving when you've had a single pint a few hours ago, you're fucked. They'll take your car to the pound, fine you, suspend your driving license and make you take remedial driving courses that will cost you even more money.

a car that can fly

Car drives you door to door, much faster if road supply is sufficient, car provides seating comfort and protection from bad weather and elements, your personal space is not invaded by smelly shitskins leaning on you. Rich travel by car, poor people (relatively to that rich) use public transit, it is universal for every country. Of course it is in rich people interests to make propaganda of public transit because rich and poor compete for the same road space.

Why would you choose to live cooped up in an apartment, relying on public transport, living near niggers, coons, Muslims, when you could live in a rural fringe suburb?

Can someone tell me why?

>he has no money for personal driver

Both. Fuck it, i don't want to sit 2 hours in a jam, burning gas, sure, metro is crowded on rush hours, but I will be there in 30 minutes. And it's faster and cheaper for me to take a commuter train than go to work by car.

But shops, general moving from place to place, traveling - I use car. I also spent most of my life in apartments. And let me tell you, it's great to live right where the life is happening. But fuck it's expensive right now, so I bought some land and working on a lans for my own house right now.

It's your fucking problem, btw, that your public transport sucks an generally used mostly by nignogs and neets and your cities built in and organised in a way, that the slums are right in the center, near the business cores.

I commuted for about 5 hours daily by train for about 9 months, and this worked just fine. The train station is about 200-300 meters away from my home, and less than 100 meters from the workplace.
I brought coffee and some snacks, and just relaxed the whole way.

Only time it got uncomfortable was once when the heating were broken mid-winter, or once when the cooling was broken mid-summer.

Still prefer my 15 minute bus to work now though.

Very true. Anti-car and pro-public transport propaganda is usually propagated by rich people who drive cars. They want to stop middle class and poor people also driving. They advocate massive taxes on fuel and cars, knowing they are the only ones who can afford it.

They don't need to make propaganda of public transportation when they make it so hard to access car usage for the lower-middle class.
I have nothing against driving a personal vehicle nor I'm pro-public transportation (I don't use it, I walk 75mins to work everyday and 75mins back to home just to avoid it) but just having a car costs me monthly my entire food budget.
I went to college, I've had well payed jobs and I've had a car but right now I'm forced into austerity.

>increase the density in one of the densest parts of the country
for what purpose?

>false dichotomy
I live in a semi-detached house worth >2 million dollars and ride a street car. Before World War 2, there was a thing called a street car suburb. There is another alternative.

sage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetcar_suburb

Pic related is how suburban housing looked like in a late 19th century Toronto steetcar suburb. They're typically long and tall and generally a better use of space than post world war 2 suburban homes.

Using a car is like living in your own castle. Using the peasant wagon is like living in a bedsit.

Living in a modern rural residential suburb is better.

>Using a car in England
Your country is tiny. If you blink you'll drive into the ocean.

>Using the peasant wagon is like living in a bedsit.
No it is like living in communal apartments.

suburban light rail was a loss leader funded by real estate developers so that they could sell off land that they bought on the cheap.

It wasn't a long term option in most places.

That's where non-whites live in Toronto.

Public transit is not meant to be a money maker in the same way a library is not meant to turn a profit either.

Brampton is not of rural residential character. It's highly dense, with small lots and relatively cramped subdivisions.

Ontario actually doesn't have too many rural residential style subdivions (1, 2, 4 acre lots). If you look just outside Calgary and Edmonton you will find them though.

Not having more arable landmass transformed into suburbia

>rural residential style subdivions
Then I can't relate. I've only lived in American style suburbs.

> If you look just outside Calgary and Edmonton you will find them though.

I don't know. I lived in Calgary for several years and it was very similar to the greater toronto area.

Fuck gommies and their floor limits.

>economics don't matter because I said so
Believe it or not, things have to get paid for by somebody somewhere.

Car. Always.

Yeah I don't get this. They have so much land, but every Ontario subdivision literally looks like the Rush video of the same name. Like you could reach out your window and shake your neighbor's hand. Canadian neighborhoods look fucking miserable.

Subdivisions are getting quite dense in Australia, too. It's because of state government land use policies that stop local governments from zoning enough greenfield land, pushing up the price of lots and forcing developers to cram more of them in for a given amount of space.

You can find very cramped new subdivisons in the US in Vegas, California and Washington state.

Take a google earth spin around the Toronto subburbs. They literally have zero yard. Maybe 30' x 30' in the back, and all fenced in. This is not what I've seen in AUS or US neighborhoods. Canada has been like this for 40-50 years now. The closest thing in the USA is 55+ retirement communities.

this is the same shit argument people make when asked why they work for free. stand up for yourself and have a spine

Public transportation is for the poor and homeless.

It's getting denser, but cramped for aussies is still pretty fucking mild by Canadain/Euro standards though.

How is wasting my money on high demand real estate "having a spine"?

For alot of jobs public transport is suitable or could be. Even here in denver it takes a couple hours to get anywhere depending on where one lives.

For some jobs cars are the only way.

I have spent a huge amount of time studying Toronto suburbs on Google Earth/Streetview. I know what you're talking about. The same situation exists in new suburbs in outer Melbourne and a few other Australian cities. The reason is, as I told you.

Pretty sad. It's true Toronto has been denser for a fair while, while Australia had pretty spacious suburbs until recently.

Check out how cramped the new subdivisons in Perth, WA (Australia) are. This is due to deliberate state government policies attempting to cram people in closer to each other. Perth used to have super low density suburbs.

Go for a trip round the outer areas of Vegas on Google Streetview, it's the same thing.

That's true for most of Europe, except Norway

Where are all the trees?

waste

Vegetation in Australia is sparser than in the US.

Wide open spaces is more our thing.

My number one pick would be Traffic for Londons tube map.
London also has the best tube system and would be the worlds best city - if it wouldnt be for the muslims.

What are land prices like in those US suburbs? In a German suburb you will pay 200$ - 500$ per square meter. With an acre being roughly 4000 square meters, just thinking about a 4 acre plot blows the mind.