New 52 Breakdown

New 52 - is not a new universe but an experiment of Dr Manhattan

Geoff Johns brought back classic Wally West, kept all his memories but put him in Kid-Flash costume.

During the War of Darkseid Batman learned that there are three Jokers.

In the New 52 there was JSA, but someone erased all mention of its existence.

Pandora (remember her?) is dead.

In his cave Batman finds Comedian’s smiley face pin.

Ted Kord is alive again, as well as Jaime Reyes.

New Dr. Fate said that Scarab Blue Beetle is not extraterrestrial technology, it’s magic.

Wonder Woman has a twin brother

Darkseid is reborn in the body of the child of SuperWomen

Three Jokers are: original Joker of Jerry Robinson, Joker from The Killing Joke of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland, and new Joker from New52 of Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder.

>Wonder Woman has a twin brother
This intrigues me.

Does this mean we get back the old Harley Quinn?

What the fuck does the button mean? Was it just a cheap reveal that LMAO MANHATTAN WAS BEHIND IT? There's absolutely no reason it would be in the batcave unless they're trying to say that the rest of the characters somehow made it there too.

Nubia and Donna were already this before so it's not even new lol

What the fuck

I'm even more confused about the DCU now.

- What happend to the multiverse and timeline post Convergence and the preNu52 heroes going back to the COIE?

- So is the Nu52 universe the old pre Nu52 one with 10 years munched out of it making it grim?

- How in anyway would Comedians badge end up in the Batcave and why?

- What's the history of the characters?

The wiki pages on DC character histories are a headache as it is. Now they'll just be a disaster zone.

Yeah, its just there for metatextual purposes

>The New 52 was a mistake
BRAVO JOHNS

three jokers sounds dumb as shit,

I guarantee you are thinking about it more than they did. Just read the stories, everything is canon.

>Azz cast was just completely destroyed
If her Rebirth book didn't have such a perfect team I'd be really brought down by this shit.

Never

Unless they start doing comics based on the DCAU again.

It's like the only thing that makes sense.

Why should there be three anyway?

>and new Joker from New52 of Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder.

Does this mean I have to read that piece of shit? I have up after like 6 issues

>Thomas Wayne was The Comedian

>Zach Snyder was a mistake
BRAVO JOHNS

Forgot muh pic

>he doesn't believe in Super-Sanity.

Why did Doctor Manhattan turn Alan scott/flash/Aqualad gay?

>- How in anyway would Comedians badge end up in the Batcave and why?
>why?

>his final words to Bruce were "it's time to shit"

So i dont get it. I understand watchmen is supposedly becoming canon with regular DC but what else about this is so big that it has people angry?

Why did you post unmarked spoilers in an OP
why

Thomas Wayne was The Comedian

>yfw Batman talks about how a Comedian died and nobody cared

>needing a reason to turn people into faggots

Does this mean that Dr.Manhattan is working with the Gentry?

Did he rape martha (joker)?

welp, time to fully commit to Valiant and Nu-Vertig-- i mean Image since I'm officially done with the big 2 now

Okay then do it instead of just saying so

It means Geoff Johns is a servant of the Gentry.

The thought is amusing, as batman during flashpoint could be the comedian but him being killed by a low thug just doesn't make sense

>Ted Kord is alive again
He's been alive since Forever Evil when Johns introduced him but then didn't do anything with him afterwards.

Nobody will miss you

>- How in anyway would Comedians badge end up in the Batcave and why?
the audience needed to know that Watchmen are now part of the DC universe.

To a long time comics reader it seems like a stupid desperate move to intertwine a clear finite realistic story in with DC's cape comics and blame it for why their editors fucked up the new 52 relaunch.

Reactions are mixed. Sure myself and lots think it's ass retarded but lots of people love it.

Bye Felicia

>Multiversity will likely be ignored by the majority of DC
>we will never see any reference to the Gentry, Multiverse 2, or Ultra Comics

But don't you see? That thug is now Ozymandias.

DC doesn't understand Watchmen, they think what matters are the characters and not everything else around them.

The characters in Watchmen are empty shells, copies, a showcase of stereotypes of what was around them at the time. Having those characters in the main DC is just DC parodying themselves.

I'm not upset, because in the end they can't touch the Watchmen story. Same reason why comic book movies don't rustle my jimmies, doesn't matter how shit they are.

I'm just disappointed, it's beyond gimmicky.

>Manhattan
What is Jon trying to accomplish and why is he so terrible at it?

>unless you're willing to do nothing but bitch about it all day long with us, shut up!

If its reconenned that he died in the ally and not out of a high rise apartment

Nubia was never her twin sister

Being dark and grim doesn't make it realistic or stop it from being a cape comic.

I'm confused. You ARE bitching.

This. Whoever is currently at DC didn't understand Watchmen at all.

Quick someone tell Alan Moore this great news!!!

>Geoff Johns brought back classic Wally West...but put him in Kid-Flash costume.
This more or less summarizes Geoff Johns in a lot of ways.

>Sinestro War
>Oh hey Kyle-WHOOPS looks like you're Parallax now! Haha, you're a weak piece of bitch ain't you Kyle? Yes you are, yes you are. Good thing Hal's here to beat your ass and save you in one. He also revived the GLC too and punched out Batman. Actually something seems odd about all this...

This

>New52 is all an angel's dream

where did they say that flash was gay??

You clearly didn't understand Watchmen in the way current DC don't. It being dark and grim isn't what makes it realistic. It's that the characters act like real people and the plot and the world logically follows what the characters and history of it set up. It's what capes would be if they happened in the real world. Fuck even me as a pre teen got that ffs.

Why didn't they just make a new character with a powerset similar to Manhattan?

>implying I'm bitching
I think this sounds more interesting than the direction the New 52 was heading beforehand which is nowhere

Because nobody would care?

>Pandora (remember her?) is dead.

>people unironically still buy DC comic books

>In the New 52 there was JSA, but someone erased all mention of its existence.

Did they get sent to Limbo again?

>New Dr. Fate said that Scarab Blue Beetle is not extraterrestrial technology, it’s magic.

WHOA WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

EXPLAIN

Eventually the reboots will be so close together we'll achieve a reboot singularity

alan moore is beyond the point of giving a shit anymore my guy

>Pandora (remember her?) is dead.
That's kind of sad. She was used for the one plot line that when fuck all no where and then died
hawt

>Darkseid is reborn in the body of the child of SuperWomen

pic related

That's pretty much all we know right now.

> introducing watchmen into mainline DCU
> retcon worser than OMD/BND IT WUZ ALL A DREAM OF BLUE DICK
> 3 jokers
> comedian in the batcave
> wonder woman has twin brother completely destroying her character
> simultaneously nerfing blue dick because wally escaped and remembered everything even though manhattan is literally a god
> shitting on the few good parts of the nu52 with "muh dream"
> will create even more crazy continuity errors than nu52 with the watchmen characters being shoehorned into the background of all important dc events and history

i think cereal man bit off more than he could chew. should've just had prime come back and punch everything back to normal

Wait if Watchmen is canon with the DCU Multiverse then what does that mean for Earth 4?

Is it sort of like the thing where Post-Crisis the JSA got folded into New Earth, but when the Multiverse was recreated after Infinite Crisis it made a new copy of Earth 2 with the original Pre-Crisis characters instead of removing the JSA from the main Earth-0?

Do it anyway!!!!

>Having those characters in the main DC is just DC parodying themselves.
I REALLY feel like Grant should write something about this, it sounds up his alley.
I feel like he already sort of has, but I need it to be about this specific situation because it is so comically absurd it needs to be addressed.

This actual, literal snake eats tail oroboros stuff right here.

They made Apocalypse cute so I wonder about Darkseid's look.

How does V for Vendetta fit into this brave new world?

>Watchmen is now canon to the DCU

This could either be fucking amazing or a disaster DC will never recover from. It could literally go either way.

This is going to be one wild ride.

>This actual, literal snake eats tail oroboros stuff right here.

I'm sure we could blame all of this on the Empty Hand.

Yes

He is terrorist that dies from meaningless cause.

You didn't mean to post that did you?

He read too many fanfics. It... it changed hik

As opposed to him deliberately changing his style and persona to mirror Bruce? Fuck off.

>BLUE DICK
> 3 jokers
> comedian in the batcave
Reading these points like this creates a hilarious image.

The 3 points you chose sound like an ASS style opening and frankly it's hilarious

She's.....actually really cute.

the button was buried with comedian and batcave is underground. it makes perfect sense.

Huh, so then I imagine it something like this

>Doctor Manhatten ascends into a higher plane
>fucks around with the general structure of the Omniverse
>At this point chronologically we are post-Crisis so the effects are not seen in the rest of the DCU because it is disconnected from any part of the multiverse
>Infinite Crisis happens, Multiverse is reinstated but the Watchmen universe has reverted back to classic Charlton
>Dr. Manhattan fucks around with universe some more (in an attempt to recreate the Watchmen universe?)
>creates the New 52 via Barry's actions in Flashpoint
>post-Flashpoint Earth-4 is now noticeably more similar to Watchmen as seen in Multiversity

Interesting.

USE SPOILERS, YOU DUMB FAGGOT.

Someone get to work on this.

>> shitting on the few good parts of the nu52 with "muh dream"

There were no good parts of the nu52, though.

Can somebody explain what the "3 jokers exist now" thing is?

>Wally West, kept all his memories but put him in Kid-Flash costume.

Fuck. I fucking hate Wally West. As long as it's him sharing the spotlight with Barry instead of replacing him again, I guess it's alright

3 Jokers exist now, apparently

>there are people in this thread right now who think watchmen wasnt shit

"The Joker" has actually been three different people all playing the same character at different points.

It's now a legacy character of sorts.

>muh special snowflakes

Dude, all the Watchmen cast is are grimdark AUs of Charlton characters with minor quirks to make them a tiny bit different. They were never special or untouchable.

Honestly, this whole NUUUUU DONT TOUCH MUH WATCHMEN is getting to be too much. I fucking love the comic, but it's so flawed and dated, and having people compare what Johns is doing to someone writing a sequel to fucking Hamlet or whatever other disproportionate shit is flying around is so retarded. It's time to take it off the pedestal and move on.

Wait if 3 Jokers exist, couldn't we also say 3 Barbara Gordon's exist?

1 as Burnside
1 as an older serious interpretation ala Gail Simone
1 as Oracle.

Everyone is happy.

Got your attention

>Dude, all the Watchmen cast is are grimdark AUs of Charlton characters with minor quirks to make them a tiny bit different. They were never special or untouchable.

That is literally, exactly what I said.

>DC takes their best selling comic in the history of their company
>combines it with their other IP's
>DC proves they are unoriginal hacks.

We don't even know if the other Crinebusters will even show up. Two of them are dead, the other two are in hiding, and I don't think Veidt would have any reason to go to the DCU.

user's point was that the most interesting story about these characters was already told, so there's no point to bringing them back. They have no purpose outside that one book.

EEEEWWWWW

That's horrible.

It really diminishes the joker as a concept if three different people can achieve "jokerhood".

The point was that he was way too crazy and no one could fully predict/handle him -though bats count counter him, most of the time-.

If it's something three different people can do, it gets really "weaker".

Oh dear, at least one of them will end up being a woman too.

Ugh.

dc needs to make some kind of public statement about this already, it's already blowing out of proportion. either we get the rest of the cast or we don't, it would literally take five seconds to clear up.