Was he a replicant?

Was he a replicant?

yes

The film work better if he is human. The le replicant le reddit le twist XD is fucking stupid and ridley scott is an idiot. Harrison ford was completely right

Maybe, Ford being in the sequel kills that idea however, as replicates only live for 4? years.

In the book he is not.

Maybe it's only the Nexus 6 that lives for 4 years.

Hence why Dekard is still alive, Unless hes just a copy in the new movie.

Why didn't they go for the book ending? Was it too religious?
Was Gaff the actual replicant?

It's only loosely based on the book desu.

I know the book is realy different.
But i remember it better than the movie.

Depends on what edition you saw.

What did the unicorn mean in the versions without the sequence?

nothing, the editing for the theatrical cut was garbage

The "is he a replicant" debate is a sign of clearly misunderstanding the movie.
It doesn't matter if he is a robot or not because he doesn't feel a meaningful connection to people or society either way, and simply being labeled human won't change that.
Deckard is the embodiment of /r9k/

to show him that Rachel was being watched

this. its a pointless contrivance to please the stoner psuedointellectual film buff crowd

Why did Roy save Deckard in the end?

Its a misunderstanding maybe, but not that. Its about whether or not it matters that hes a human because he thinks and feels just like one. The only reason they have short lives is because theyre used as slaves and gain self awareness around that time. If Deckard doesnt know, and his girlfriend doesnt care, then they can live their lives like humans regardless of what they are.

>ridley scott is an idiot

Ridley has George Lucas syndrome ie. comes up with really great ideas/film making that he can also simultaneously shit diarrhoea all over.

Hinting that Deckard could be a replica is fine and works thematically in the film. After all, what really makes us human and how can we be so sure if there's a possibility even the protagonist isn't?

But that's all it should be, just a hint, something there to blur the lines of humanity.

If he actually was a robot that's just retarded and the plot has M NIGHT SHAMALANAN DING DONG tier autism. Also the sequel is going to be shit, i have no faith at all after seeing the trainwreck alien has turned into.

Wait for Blade Runner 2049 to explain this!

Remember, if you don't go watch it in cinema you are literally a redditor cuck

No, that plot twist / fan theory is stupid.

Partially agree. It's not that great a twist. But it becomes better when you realize that he is implanted with James Edward Olmos' memories. That's why he folded the unicorn.

yes, just like your dad

>You know that Voight-Kampff test of yours? Did you ever take that test yourself?
>...
He knew he was a replicant throughout the entire movie.

I took that as "not even all humans are that different, so what makes them so special"

Yeah. Depends what cut you watch. The final cut is pretty good IMO. But without that detail the replicant twist is gimmicky.