Why are millenials in so much debt?

Why are millenials in so much debt?

Austrian economics explains it

because they get retarded ass degrees in arts and dance and expect to pay their 6 figure debt

They don't even know about micro-economics and finances.

>Bro, can we have a class of debt that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy? I promise you that there is no way this practice would be abused.

When there is no discharge of debt in bankruptcy, the end result is debtor's prisons, and we are well on our way there now. Pic related are responsible, plain and simple.

I'm not.
Zero debt.

stop sliding

stop sliding :^)

23y old here and 0 debt.

>feelsgood

Rather be in debt than Argentinian.

because they think they need a 5 year university education in feminist dance therapy to make coffee or flip burgers.

>1 year out of college
>10k debt at 3.3%
>Personal portfolio of 100k

Most are retarded

>Why are millenials in so much debt?
Because Wall Street is literally targeting them with $millions in advertisements of "easy living" to run up credit card debt as fast possible.

It's the #YOLO culture and TV shows selling them idea that they can live like Carly and the girls on a fucking new grad's salary.

>eating out three times per week
>drinking in swanky cocktail bars every Friday and Saturday night
>the latest gizmos/vidya
>new clothes whenever they see something they like

They don't know how to cut their cloth accordingly. Some of the above you can do. You can't do all of them at once unless you're earning a substantial amount and very few millennials are. What's scary isn't that they fritter their money away on trivial shit; it's that so few of them have given any thought to saving for the future/retirement.

Because they love microtransactions

Its not that much dept they just need jobs

ITT: neets with no assets living in their parents homes bragging about not having debt

>Millennial
>College
>US
>Car
>mfw no debt
>mfw shekels in the bank
>mfw parents aren't rich
>mfw I can do anything after graduation

Bump for lulz

i went to college for 3 years on a scholarship and lost it due to loss of interest in my major i stopped going.

Dont go to college on your own dime. If you have to pay out of pock work for a few years and study independently and go when youre really serious.

Of course most people lack discipline and self control so this will
Nevet work. Im basically shouting into the wind

Someone told them in school that they where special snowflakes, all of them, an they believed it.

22 years old, left college, 0 debt, unemployed but literally just got handed an IT job last week. feels good indeed

hey man thats exactly what i did- just improve your skills on your own time. my gf used to tell me stories about her professors and how they taught literally NOTHING, and cancelled classes all the time, and basically gave everyone a free pass. what the hell are students even paying for?