The Fountain: Most Underrated Movie of All Time?

>51% on Rotten Tomatoes

To put that in perspective, Age of Ultron got 75% while Alien Covenant 73% and Man of Steel 55%.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2294189/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Fountain is nothing but visuals. The characters are Twilight level bland.

Hugh Jackman a CUTE

I watched 15 mins of this and had no clue what was going on; it seemed very loldeep trying to an artsy film. Should I try it again? Is there an actual plot at some point?

in a visual medium, style is substance.

There's an actual plot going on all the time.

I fucking love the Fountain.

True formalism is cancersous, but you are not wrong. Moreover, the images are, at least tangentially, related to the narrative.

Possibly yes. One of the biggest discrepancies that I have seen, but then again rotten tomatoes is shit,

>51%

The Fountain is one of the best movies of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Too weird for romantic, too romantic for weirdos. Also people found it confusing, we seem to live in an era of degenerating IQs, even kids shows like Dr Who throw people for a loop these days.

Problem is if you explain to them its actually a film about accepting death and much of what they see is metaphorical, they are going to like it either less.

Man how is aronofsky so based?

>The Fountain
>The Wrestler
>Black Swan

are all top tier masterpieces. Even his worst film Noah is full of interesting stuff.

Capeshit bribe critics with gifts so they give them good reviews. It is Rotten indeed.

why would u use rottentomatos. its bullshit site

Too white. The plot would have been better if the man was black, it would make for better social commentaries. The pain and loss of a white man is superficial.

>no darren Batman and/or wolverine

When will he finally get to make true CapeKino?

>we seem to live in an era of degenerating IQs
interesting
wonder why..

I love it very much.
>giving a fuck about Rotten Marvel/Disneydicksuckingnatoes

>Underrated
no it is shit

Trailer looked cool
I'm gonna watch this tonight. I hope Sup Forums isn't fucking with me

You imply your IQ is above most other people's and then say "much of what we see is metaphorical"
I hope you realise that the only "metaphorical" parts are the conquistador segments, which are set inside Izzy's book. The future and present segments are both real. Tom says he will find the cure for death and he succeeds, attempts to bring Izzy back to life before realising the intended ending of her book which she wanted him to "finish" which was a story about accepting death.
That's the one and only interpretation of the film.

Most people here watched it when they were under 25 so what do you expect

its abit too heavy handed for me but at least its different

i think thats why it got low scores, you either appreciate its artistry and different-ness or you reject it because you have pleb tastebuds..meanwhile you can make a very 'meh' movie had get above average score

also,
>man of steel below aliens:C

rotten tomatoes indeed

the fountain is my dad's favourite movie. so i assume it's absolutely shit, since he also likes downton abbey and capeshit.

One of my all time favorites. A really well made movie that a lot of people somehow can't figure out. The soundtrack is one of the best too.

This. It came out 11 years ago.

>no it is shit

But why, user?

Fuck you, faggots, The Fountain sucked.

The Fall was also great
2006 had some good comfy kino films

>kino films

>kino films

>Alien Covenant 73%
jesus fucking christ that is generous. fucking RT shills

imdb.com/title/tt2294189/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(TV_series)

Yeah, The Fall was also kino.

>fino kilms

because they're not the same critics like back then, stupid dipshit

The curse of Sup Forums's autism strikes again.
Everything has to be literal or you'll have a screaming fit.
Repair to your hugbox with some capeshit pleb.

>The Fountain is nothing but visuals

The Fountain soundtrack is god tier