O how the mighty have fallen

O how the mighty have fallen.

The prequels were good though.

Prometheus was good though

Prometheus was good and the Hobbit trilogy was a complete cash grab by the studio stuck in production hell which Jackson barely saved with his experience.

no, no and no

How was Prometheus good, plebs?

Fuck off Reddit

prometheus was good until vickers died

Umm no sweetie they were good. go play with your legos now ok?

ridley scott was never good.

What a Reddit thing to say, pleb.

Spielberg too
Bridge of Spies was Ok
But BFG was ass

You have shit taste

A polished turd is still a turd sweetie

>prequels
CGI garbage
>hobbit
dragged out CGI garbage, and a gary stu legolas
>prometheus
brain dead down syndrome humans with big questions that were never answered in aliens:C

At least Spielberg isn't revisiting his old wo-

Ridley hack was never a good director though, so he didn't fall much if any

>muh CGI argument

Like it or not, the CGI used in the prequels was groundbreaking stuff. Granted it hasn't aged well but it's still impressive and opened the doors to even better CGI work these days.

>Alien wasn't good

t. American

but americans love starshit

All the three (plus indiana jones 4) are shits for essentially the same reasons.
One could argue that when a man grows old should not re-try the things he did in his youth, or that just the new writers are not on the level of the old ones (including Lucas in the new writers).

>Co-writer and director Robert Zemeckis, who has approval over all films in the Back to the Future franchise, has stated that he will block all attempts to remake or reboot the original film. Bob Gale stated that he did not wish to see another film in the series without the Marty McFly character nor any other actor than Michael J. Fox playing him, while acknowledging that Fox's current health condition would make this impossible. He illustrated this at a 2008 fan convention in Florida, stating "The idea of making another Back to the Future movie without Michael J. Fox – you know, that's like saying, 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef."
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

This argument doesnt work for Lucas though, as he always knew how he wanted the story to go, he just didnt have the means to make the kovies he wanted until the technology was there.

Ridley is the worst for me. If Prometheus and Covenant weren't related to Alien and were just about a mad Android with a god complex they'd be brilliant.

Is there any way left for him to redeem himself?

hate the faggots who say this
duellists, alien, blade runner, thelma & louise, legend, bhd, gladiator, kingdom of heaven, prometheus all say hello. when you've been working in the industry for so long and have made so many films you're bound to make some duds too.

Silmarillion

Create a movie based around the fall of Numenor. It should have a downer ending, no hokey comedic elements, and no characters from the Hobbit or LOTR should be present.

If Scott wanted to jerk off to ancient aliens and religious allegory, he should have made a film separate from the Alien franchise. These prequel films completely miss what made the original film great, the fear of the unknown. The scene of the crew discovering the derelict would have nowhere near the awe-inspiring terror that it does if the origins of the ship, crew, and aliens were explained fifteen minutes after its discovery. This is all left open to the imagination of the viewer, and there was literally nothing Scott could do to make a satisfactory backstory, so there was no fucking reason outside of cash.

Give him plenty of freedom and production time.

Promethues is a masterpiece you bleb

and Alien Covenant is as good as Aliens 2 and 3

lol

>he doesn't know that they'll be able to recreate young Michael J Fox with cgi within the next 10 years

David is the key to all of this

all three of these directors are on the top 10 list of highest net worth for directors, Lucas being #1, so I think they're doing OK

>so there was no fucking reason outside of cash.
>so there was no fucking reason outside of literally the only reason to make a movie

Are you stupid or what?

Star wars episode 3 was bad?

>people unironically defending Star Wars prequels
>people unironically defending Hobbit trilogy
>people unironically defending Prometheus and Alien Covenant

This is why I don't take the opinions of people on this board seriously

>stop liking thing i got memed into dislike

>the defining chapter
I guess it defined the other two as shit

>Are you stupid or what?
Are you? Unless your entire knowledge of film is limited to Marvel movies, you should know that creating art can have more compelling reasons than money.

the prequels were good though

inb4 muh sand

Try watching them again. Episode 1 and 2 are absolutely atrocious. Episode 3 is the only one that's even passable.

Naboo is the only part of Episode 2 that's bad.

The Alien prequels have become more about the bots than the humans or aliens and I think that's why I find them so interesting. It's a classic case of
>Do something different!
>No not like that!

It looks like he's sitting on an actual set, there's no way that pic was taken during Hobbit production

Eh, that joke doesn't really work. Most of the Hobbit was shot on indoor sets plus green screen.

>food analogy

What a pleb thing to say Reddit

go back to making over the top splatter movies

>putting Prometheus on the same level as the Star Wars prequels
I'd say it's on par with the first Hobbit movie

ROTS is a good movie, the Hobbit trilogy is flawed but enjoyable, and Prometheus and Covenant are great.

only a problem in one of three, otherwise not an argument

this

>People with taste this bad post on my board.
Remember, when you see retards blabbering on about "kino", and trashing well made cinema, this is who you're dealing with.

he should make a game of thrones movie quadrilogy

fucking this he already shows the engineer at the begining of the movie and whit the statue, even in the fucking cover lol

>ROTS is a good movie
No.
>the Hobbit trilogy is flawed but enjoyable
It is flawed. It is not enjoyable.
>and Prometheus and Covenant are great.
No. They are nonsensical and pointless.

You're wrong.

Ridley Scott more like Diddly Squat lmao

Upvote.

This. You've got to watch it as a stand alone movie, if you do it's amazing. Excellent atmosphere, perfect cinematography, that level of technology that's somewhere between The Abyss and Event Horizon, it's a great experience.

Shit taste confirmed

Go ahead. Defend ROTS
>muh 6 hours of lightsaber twirling
>muh anakin character development
>muh sheev vs yodal

Posting this because people here need schooling

>darker
>good choreography
>good performance from Emperor Palpatine
>great music
>climatic final duel
>that pain in Obi Wan's voice for his fallen comrade
>people still talk about it today
Face it, you just can't accept opinions that aren't force fed to you by memes

the 6 hours of lightsaber twirling is the best duel in any star wars film

TPM > AOT > ROTS > ANH > ESB > ROTJ

>>darker
(you)

You are retarded. The actions and motivations of the characters were a complete mess.
The movie was a nonsense regardless its ties to the past.

Jurassic, not Jurrasic, and the order is wrong for it. If 1 isn't listed first, then it's bullshit.

Fifteen minutes of Prometheus contains more good shots than the entire Hobbit trilogy put together.

RO > TFA > Prequels
T1 > T2 > T3 > Genysis > Salvation

Also,
Aliens > Alien > The rest of the franchise including AvP > Prometheus

All three of these are kino. Only psuedo-intellectual redditors get upset about children's fantasy movies having unbelievable dialogue, unrealistic CGI and most of all not being true to "muh lore" or "muh books."

>objective film rankins
>not a single film on the list
what did he mean by this?

>CGI garbage

What CGI?

this

Hobbit 1 and 2 are ok.

Canon Senator Binks isn't a problem in II and III? The Empire's rise being directly traced to a proposal made by Jar Jar to raise the amount of power given to Sheev being canon isn't a problem?

Neck your fucking self

>TTT>FOTR>ROTK
Oh my fucking god.

Unexpected Journey was alright, the other 2 were tripe
I genuinely enjoyed being in Middle Earth again though
Martin Freeman was grossly under used

>lucas
>jackson
>scott
>mighty
They were only ever mighty if you were a manbaby. None of them have ever made a great movie. There's like 4 good ones between the 3 of them.

You're right
LotR's and King Kong

IN ENGLISH DOC