Why is The Wire the best show ever created?

Why is The Wire the best show ever created?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g_p0lvYgSWE
youtube.com/watch?v=-N_UuImPL4E
youtube.com/watch?v=Olf8J_z3snM
youtube.com/watch?v=XXOvbEJRfRg[spoiler/]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how did McNulty go from a detective to a street cop again?

Please do explain why. I keep seeing it promoted as a great show, and I've watched every episode, but I don't understand why it's even considered good, much less great or best.

Its overated shit. White liberals like to see black people say the n word and acting hood since they've never experienced being in the ghetto before. The sopranos is infinitely better

I tried watching this but I already hated black people so I had to quit halfway through the first episode because I got tired of seeing nigs nogging.

Its not

It's a lot quicker than Sopranos.

and so I think it's better.

The Sopranos is art.

>No character development
>Literally no plot whatsoever
>Not an action show
So it's not character driven, not plot driven, and has little to no action. So if it's not a show that has good characters, a show that has a good plot, or a show that has good action to make up for the lack of those things, what the fuck is the purpose of watching it? Overrated shit.

>no character development
Who's D'Angelo?
>literally no plot whatsoever
Each new season introduced new scenarios, what the fuck are you on?
>not an action show
It had action, but not much.
>overrated shit
It earned it's reputation, fuck you.

Although I agree with this post and I'll always call it the best show ever conceived, Mad Men, Deadwood, The Sopranos and The Wire are quintessential works of television and make the big 4.

Generation Kill is also a neat show.

The four kids have some of the best character development ever you dolt

>No plot or characters

Kys you didn't watch it

>Generation Kill

only seven eps, you cant go wrong. Great show.

I haven't seen a lot of these quintessential shows but I dont wanna commit to 50 hours

Watch at least on of them per year. It's worth it.

>No character development

Prezbo and Carver have pretty major character development over the course of the show.

Generation Kill is fucking amazing.

>Generation Kill
Only the episodes directed by Susanna White are good.

because it was well written, well cast, well directed, well edited, well produced with great dialogue and excellent music.

duh.

>I've watched every episode, but I don't understand why it's even considered good
ok you're a kid. that's why.

4 out of 7 episodes

why? what's your issue with non Susanna White episodes?

I wouldn't even pick up on directorial difference between the 10 scenes an episode is gonna have

ahem

So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about pawns, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

i'd report you for giving me a fucking headache but unfortunately that's not a rule breaker.

just report him anyway you little faggot. who threatens to report people?

me you freefuck nigger
i'll fucking report you if you reply to me again.

It's creator is a full blown libtard though.

its what i expect of a faggot like yourself. i actually want you to so i can laugh at how weak you are.

I know this is pasta but the chess allegory was actually pretty fucking deep for 2002 television

* cough *

>so i can laugh at how weak you are
i want to shitpost at you more but you made me laugh so this time...i won't report you.

the chess scene isn't even in the first episode, you could at least put some effort into this.

By giving a fuck when it wasn't his turn.

Prez and Carver have the biggest character growth of any 2 characters in any tv show or movie ever

after season 3 he realizes the job is killing him and stopping him from having a healthy life with healthy relationships. when he's a detective he cares too much about the cases, he drinks and lies and sleeps around.

Did you guys ever notice how this picture gives away who really is in charge and pulling the strings. Stringer bell is the one on the steering wheel. Avon is the one in the shadows. It's like a fucking metaphor. Stringer bell isn't scared to be seen and pulls the strings while everyone looks at the guy in the shadows. It's like pottery.

my favourite part of the show was stringer throwing his weight around behind avon's back until we see later, there's a reason you're second string, stringer. avon is the real deal. smart as hell.
great character writing.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_p0lvYgSWE

Its good but no where near the level of entertaiment of Sopranos or even Rome. Its better than Mad Men I'll give you that but its just like one user said its just Law & Order with boobs and cursing

personal character rankings (my top 5)

1 Lester
2 Bodie
3 Omar
4 Avon
5 D'Angelo

Generation Kill is the best TV show ever made. I can watch it a thousand times and never get bored.

I never understood why Avon would throw hissy fits when stinger tells him what to do in season 3. Considering that stringer made their operation much more successful without dropping bodies and even managed to make them rich with legitimate money. Why wouldn't avon just sit back and enjoy showering in money? I guess it must be hard to be proven second to your number two.

youtube.com/watch?v=-N_UuImPL4E

McNulty's the best cop character, while D'Angelo's the best thug.

>Is The Wire the best show ever?
>The show that gave us Brother Mouzone

Lol no, 4/5 at best, BM was the shark jumper at ruined the realism of the series
>b-b-but nation of islam is prominent in working class black neighborhoods
No one gives a shit, BM as a NoI assassin who arrives on call then gets fannybashed in a split-second by Omar and then kills Bell in conjunction with the homosexual who shot him is terrible writing. You know what? Fuck this show and it's jew writers

currently rewatching and in season 3, so I might be forgetting some fuckers

1 Stringer
2 Lester
3 Ziggy (he had it rough)
4 Bodie
5 McNulty

youtube.com/watch?v=Olf8J_z3snM

it's about the world they live in. Stringer was trying to elevate himself to something he couldn't be. Avon saw through that.

t. buthurt pleb.

Was best show when it was airing, hottest shit.
Won't pass the test of time

slight correction

forgot about Bubbs.

put him at place 2 and let the rest drop 1 place down.

"i'm just a gangsta i suppose"

>'r-realism isn't integral to The Wire, le badass Islam guy teaming up with Omar to kill Bell was based!
>calls others plebs

lol, good one kiddo

i think my answers would change depending on the day but i'd put bodie, d'angelo and string all in my top 5 consistently

great scene

great acting, great dialogue, great commitment to a realistic tone, unmatched scope in terms of intricacy of world building, characters, character motivations, and plotting, very few compromises for entertainments sake, but still remains entertaining and deep, especially on rewatch, which is also a great aspect of it, it's so detailed that you can watch it many times and still pick up foreshadowing and subtext that you didn't catch the first time. Amazing show. Not to mention, informative and respectful of the complexity of it's political and social topics.

Probably because your black. The show is awful. I tried watching it twice, but could never get past the second season. Easily the most over rated show of all time

season 5 is way more off the rails than brother mouzone

Dropped it when they were talking about some character named Snot Boogie being killed, insultingly bad

why is the wire and the sopranos such a meme on this board. they're not even in the top 5 all time greatest tv shows

season 5 was just the true story of the zodiac killer

what do you consider top 5 user

they called him snot?

let's see that top 5

why did they group comedy and dramas together? how retarded

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Daredevil
Stranger Things
Better Call Saul

the wire focuses on a lot more character and likeable ones at that, the sopranos is built around some fat fuck eating gabagool whose feelings we're supposed to care about for some reason

breaking bad and better call saul are both really good, i wouldn't put them in my top 5 but they're worthy of it. definitely don't agree with game of thrones after the last few seasons and stranger things only put out one season so far so i think it's a bit premature but i still liked it. never seen daredevil.

you do you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXOvbEJRfRg[spoiler/]

>what ya'll niggas want man, huh, money?

come on string. what would avon do?

Cause magic black people

>people hating on the wire
I guess I can't say nothin to change ya'lls minds