Budget: 97 million

>budget: 97 million
>gross: 607 million

wtf?

You have to gross 25 times the budget to make a profit. Also that doesn't include marketing.

Layoff notices imminent at Marvel and day now.

It was a good movie

Who do we have to thank for this success?

kek

>marvel

i think you mean fox user at least get your bait right

check out deadpool aka the movie that made that movie possible, it was far successful too

The movie was greenlit and in pre-production before deadpool came out. They talked about it in an interview a few days ago.

I was about to ask about that. But don't you think that if Deadpool had tanked this would not have been released highly sanitized?

Damn it. I mean it would have been cut all to hell if Deadpool had been a failure.

It's not even a top 5 Marvel film, it could have been, and should have been but it's just not that good.

- Lackluster action scenes
- Making children have leading roles, what's the fucking point, no one wants to see some no name mutant, especially not a kid
- Completely ruined Proffessor X

6/10

Doesn't really matter, national treasure 3 was also greenlit yet where it is? If deadpool failed logan might've been limbo

I wanted to see a National Treasure where they break into Fort Knox.

Alas.

How is that bait??

fair enough if you rate it higher than 6/10 but my points are valid

Marvel? Don'tcha mean Fox?

were going to have you drive around in mexico with a little girl for 2 hours while we smuggle 100 million dollars worth of cocaine across the border.

if you tell anyone we didn't pay you, we will release your gay orgy sex tape and ruin your life.

Oh you

Cage is a little old now but goddamn i miss the times of tomb spelunking movies (Jolie Raider, Hanks Langdon, Niccolas Treasure)

>wtf?
it's not some random indie film that got big. it's the result of 17 years of building the brand and familiarity with the characters, which budget doesn't take into account. not to mention marketing just for this movie

>You have to gross 25 times the budget to make a profit. Also that doesn't include marketing.
DC must be closing down then.

Its was the first and only Rated R Wolverine movie we'd ever get

I watch it only for the cunny

and they managed to fuck that up, let that settle in

Perhaps. The point is that the movie was going to get made like this before deadpool hit a home run.

Have you ever watched a movie a few times and thought of a good line one of the characters should have said? Then come on here and posed it just to have everyone tell you that would have been fucking stupid?

Well when Charles and Logan were in that tank thing at the beginning and they mentioned the statue of liberty, Charles should have mumbled; sort of to himself, "did that even happen" just as Logan was walking out. Then when he was by himself he should have said, "These timelines are so confusing."

Hahah EPIC!

Classic

>made 6 times its budget
>fucked up

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

kill yourself.

>make a good movie
>people watch it

WOAH

See.

>my Dafne thread was deleted

I guess mods are up :^)

new daf thread, sans pedos?

Please never stop making Dafne threads. You have to fight the power.

THERE IS ONLY 4 TIMELINES

>meanwhile at DC
>make a 6 billion movie
>only get back 20 million

easy professor, you'll have a seizure...

That's not even as good as split though.
That made over 100 mil off a 9 mil budget right?

the marketing was good. only.

Budget doesn't make a kino

Or just one?
Logan lives through it all and fixes his own timeline.

>ruined Professor X
explain

>- Lackluster action scenes
If the first scene didn't explain it well enough, Logan is too old, tired, and always drunk to fight. The first fight with the cholos was good.
>- Making children have leading roles, what's the fucking point, no one wants to see some no name mutant, especially not a kid
It was moreso Logan coming to terms with age, Charles and his. Laura doesn't really take the spotlight til near the end of the movie.
>- Completely ruined Proffessor X
He's old and has dementia. How hard is that to get?

>6/10
Please tell me what your favorite comic movies are then?

>25 times

nigger fuck off

yeah i didnt bother giving a fuck about it because the other xmen movies are all over the fucking place but damn was i proven wrong

the ending was kino

the scene that sold a million tickets

Here's an odd question: if in 2029 they have fairly advanced cybernetics, like Pierce's robotic hand, then why couldn't they have also fixed Xavier's spine? Why is he still wheelchair-bound?

Hurt feelings detected. You stole that from Deadpool anyway.

I don't know what it is but I can't stand the colored version now.
I'm Noirpilled now.

Maybe because is expensive, or experimental.

It was the scene that sold my ticket.

Obamacare.

Because a hand isn't connected directly to the brain retard.
Also, Logan, Charles, and Caliban are all broke as fuck.
Put they're hiding in Mexico.
If word got out THE Professor Xavier was still alive the government would find him.

he's in hiding and if he went to get treatment, him and logan would be compromised

LEWD

Why didn't that magic serum cure his adamantium cancer?

Theaters stopped IDing for R rated movies when left propaganda started saying IDlaws are racist.

R rated films now gross on the same margins of PG 13

Bullshit.
Teenagers could go and buy liquor and say the clerk is racist for asking for their ID?

Two different things.
Police investigation on a DWI from a kid that resulted in unintended manslaughter leads back to a liquor store cashier that didn't ID check, it's going to be jail time for the cashier and a massive lawsuit on the liquor store.
Kid goes to an R rated movie with out an ID, buys an R rated with out getting ID'd or you know downloads something, nothing happens. Even if they went out immediately after viewing and just act violent or rape someone and say "oh but it was that new Tarantino movie, it made me act that way." No one is being held responsible, not even the ticket checker at their little stantion is going to be threatened. And with all the Bs about voting ID laws, you think someone who receives no training about carding customers is going to argue back when someone calls them a racist for doing ala part of their job that has zero meaning or accountability attached to it?

Selling alcohol to a minor is a crime, while film ratings are voluntary and arbitrary standard set by the studios to avoid legislation.

>Layoff notices imminent at Marvel and day now.

How the fuck could you be so ignorant as to get this so wrong?

It's "any", not "and".

it almost seems like people enjoyed it, so fucked up right?

In my opinion Logan was better and less heavy-handed with its themes than The Dark Knight. Easily a top-tier if not top 3 superhero movie.

>tfw horror kino will never make money as brainless capeshit

hes a wanted felon